EDD May 2012 Mummies!

Rukia

will invite boss n close one also. but like alot of close one lei all link together. some more my is 2 branch. think i just send invitation on FB then see who coming lo, easier also. cos all collg baby shower they invite whole office n give cake out. evrytime give alot of Angbaos on baby shower or hsewarming. time for me to get some back. last yr i give like every mth sure need to give AB or white bao.
Wah...mine is usually baby shower or wedding. Now most of my friends are married, alot of baby showers coming up.

By the way, I have a friend's wedding coming up soon, and I dont think I will be able to travel to Malaysia for his wedding. If not I may give birth in Malaysia instead..haha How much should I give as Ang Bao? I never gone for a malaysian wedding before, so dont know what is the rate there.

climsp

i got a wedding also on early may. for malaysia wedding normally i dun go, i give S$ 60 or RM$100. their dinner usually held at village school which the most cost ard RM$ 400 to $600 per table. restaurant maybe $600 or more. tat wat i know from my malaysia collg.

Tannie

climsp:638643 said:
will invite boss n close one also. but like alot of close one lei all link together. some more my is 2 branch. think i just send invitation on FB then see who coming lo, easier also. cos all collg baby shower they invite whole office n give cake out. evrytime give alot of Angbaos on baby shower or hsewarming. time for me to get some back. last yr i give like every mth sure need to give AB or white bao.
Oh if tht is ur co. culture thn I guess u hv no choice...

Rukia

i got a wedding also on early may. for malaysia wedding normally i dun go, i give S$ 60 or RM$100. their dinner usually held at village school which the most cost ard RM$ 400 to $600 per table. restaurant maybe $600 or more. tat wat i know from my malaysia collg.
Oic. Maybe I give RM$100 then. Actually I didnt even receive the invitation card. It was just a verbal invitation.

Was thinking of getting a gift, but I think its troublesome to send.

Tannie

Gracecwz:638553 said:
sorry, a bit off topic. how many sets of baby bedsheets are you all preparing? 1 enough? then other wait for people to give? or buy 2? No need comforter right? which type of baby pillow is the best?
I dun think ppl will give bedsheet... btr to get a spare set... my mum said bb normally will be wrap up so no need blanket, the most towel or cloth diaper material type of cloth which some call it muslim square can liao....

My col said btr get those pillow which is hollow at the center btr thn bb got rounder head ...

climsp

Oic. Maybe I give RM$100 then. Actually I didnt even receive the invitation card. It was just a verbal invitation.

Was thinking of getting a gift, but I think its troublesome to send.
give Angbao will do. cos we cant walk much also to go find gift.

climsp

i go count on guest list... i got shock!! abt 120 guest may come, is only estimated!! for cake i need abt 34box plus 4boxs of cupcake for office.. faint!!:embarrassed:

esoterice

Wow 120 is really a lot, if really need to, mabbe you can divide in 2 days? hehheeh ... actually if you dun invite your colleagues, just give them the cakes, some will still give you the ang bao de..

Tannie

Ha ha, my family usually will split 2 session, lunch n dinner, 1 session for in law family n 1 session for my family . Thn slot friends in either session.

climsp

Wow 120 is really a lot, if really need to, mabbe you can divide in 2 days? hehheeh ... actually if you dun invite your colleagues, just give them the cakes, some will still give you the ang bao de..
actually is relative of both side total 70 le. my side abt 60 relatives!! sure will come one!! hubby friend alot!! i count my side friend n collg abt 25 onli

Last edited:

Gracecwz

Nowadays cater also got problem, food only last 4 hours. If have lunch n dinner must ask caterer come 3 times (set up, clear n top up, then clear)...some more want to do 2 days... OMG.

Rukia

i go count on guest list... i got shock!! abt 120 guest may come, is only estimated!! for cake i need abt 34box plus 4boxs of cupcake for office.. faint!!:embarrassed:
Wow that is alot of guests. I think mine at most 50-70 pax. Why not consider giving them cake voucher instead? Easier than carry the cakes itself.

Rukia

Actually I was thinking if there is any unique gifts we can give instead of cake? I heard Famous amous have baby shower gifts/voucher. Any other interesting ones you have heard of?

Gemini11

Ya i guess so. I never knew pregnancy can be so tiring. I use to wonder why pregnant woman sleep so much last time. Now I know...
Hubby was just saying I zzz too much tt why baby doesn't know how to turn down. So angry!!! Then I read to him wat u typed. Guys really!!!!! Grhhhhh

climsp

at 1st i thought of give gifts or sweet w/ nice package. but w/ so many old relative, and also my MIL, give tradition one better, cut cost also. cos dun expect to take back much AB from relative also. will be order from Sweetest Moments ~ Celebrating your Sweetest Moments with us....
traditional one for boss n relative, then cupcake for collg. will ask to delivery to my hse, so i can give out. cos i hear alot of complain from old relative, give them voucher is to throw away...they dun go collect, even if is delivery to their place they dun know how to call also. play safe n dun waste $$ give out cake to them is the best.

climsp

Hubby was just saying I zzz too much tt why baby doesn't know how to turn down. So angry!!! Then I read to him wat u typed. Guys really!!!!! Grhhhhh
try talk to baby lo. place speaker near at lower belly but not too loud. my collg wife try speaker the day b4 caesarian, cos baby head up n over due at 40week, she wanna have natural birth. baby actually turn down, her water burst in the morning.
hubby always talk to baby at my lower belly, baby turn down at 28 week already.

esoterice

For me, wedding that time already gave cake voucher liao. I wanted to give something with a more personal touch for baby.. So I wanted to give actual cake this time.

Yah climsp, I see my mother also keep the baby full mth voucher on her fridge for so long and nvr go and redeem...

Gemini11

try talk to baby lo. place speaker near at lower belly but not too loud. my collg wife try speaker the day b4 caesarian, cos baby head up n over due at 40week, she wanna have natural birth. baby actually turn down, her water burst in the morning.
hubby always talk to baby at my lower belly, baby turn down at 28 week already.
Then again i dont wan him to turn to early, will feel worst. Think ill take things slow. I believe he will turn cuz his head is BIG!

Rukia

Sometimes they dont understand what we are going through. Some time when I get leg cramps or water retention, my hubby will immediately say I must eaten something I shouldnt. So I told him its part and parcel of pregnancy. But he still doesnt get it....