EDD May 2012 Mummies!

Gracecwz

i saw the price for cake vouchers etc, its the most ex packages. no option for lesser price. So i dun think i will be giving cake vouchers. I feel like this is giving wedding cakes all over again, although is only give relatives, but the cakes so many and so sinful. I think when they receive also scared for their cholesterol, diabetes and blood pressure.

some more today, while shopping for baby clothes, i heard one couple (with bigger children) comment, housewarming and baby shower are the most "lose money" affairs. and i tot wedding is loss money...the "best" is yet to be

Tannie

i saw the price for cake vouchers etc, its the most ex packages. no option for lesser price. So i dun think i will be giving cake vouchers. I feel like this is giving wedding cakes all over again, although is only give relatives, but the cakes so many and so sinful. I think when they receive also scared for their cholesterol, diabetes and blood pressure.

some more today, while shopping for baby clothes, i heard one couple (with bigger children) comment, housewarming and baby shower are the most "lose money" affairs. and i tot wedding is loss money...the "best" is yet to be
Yap esp hse warming, ppl will tend to buy gifts which most prob u dun need it...

climsp

Baby shower sure lost money a lot one! Hear from my mum, most relative will give abt $20 to $30 then whole family come for buffet. Friend most give more like $50 or buy share buy gift. I count my side sure lost abt 1k or so.
Anyway I dun expect to earn, just dun let me lost too much

Meilynn

Went for checkup today! Baby 1.9kg now. I nvr gain again. Baby position is ready for natural birth. While doing some detail scan, my boy actually keep kicking the gynea's scan stick. :nah: Legs open wide apart for gynea to scan when say to confirm again on gender.. really not shy boy!

Was told if water sg broke or contraction more then5 time in 1hr then go hospital. If blood show or lesser movement can just go clinic. We ask if happen at nite, for the later 2 case can wait for next day then go clinic.
Dear Climsp, did ur gynae mentioned if ur EDD wil be earlier? I m wondering at what week we will know if there will be any change to our EDD.

Meilynn

Haha, I was juz telling my hubby if frens ask wat gift we need for Bb shower, we will juz let them know we want Ang Bao instead.

Though wil def be tired, we will need 2 days shower. One for frens n the other for relatives. Wif buffet n the cake set / voucher, think at least 2k. Def making a loss but guess no choice. I was hoping can do wifout the buffet but both side of parents want it.

climsp

hi meilynn, gynea nvr mention on earlier EDD, just say have to take notice of any signs of labour, cos baby is in position.

i going to have the baby shower whole day, afternoon for relatives, evening to nite for friend. dun think relative will stay long also if see so many friend come over. buffet will divide out to 2 sessions also.

for my relative abt 60plus pax, order buffet for 45pax. friend abt 40plus, order 35pax. usually friend dun eat much. just scared got relative want to tabao:nah:. think will tell them later got friend come, cant tabao.

miracle25

Haha, at times our hubby can be the most understanding guy in the world but at times they will tend to think we use pregnancy as an excuse.

When such times happened n it gets to me, I will tell my hubby very SWEETLY tt I hope he wil be the woman in his next life n go thru pregnancy n i will be the man beside asking her not to make excuses :) Than he will know how tough it is for us!! ;) This will usually shut him up! Lol
me too.. hubby was just telling me (again) then my nose looks bigger and insisted it mus be infection cos my nose is always senstitive to dust and can sneeze anytime and many times in a day.. I told him tis most likely is part of the change during pregnancy but he said no.. and sometimes when my baby was kicking/ stretching and I felt the pain, I 'ouched' and he was like, "wat now?" sometimes I feel like crying in front of him when I hear this.. they dun feel the pain we're going thru, its sometimes rather disappointing...

miracle25

Haha cuz his head circumference is 34cm at 31weeks n gynae says its BIG! Ya I think last few weeks than turn better don't need to suffer so long. My baby only can jerk n rub against my skin. Can't move much also.
my baby's head circumference was abt 30cm at week 34 and my gynae also said it's quite big.. guess the baby has not turn down much cos I can still feel his legs/ hands on my right side...

miracle25

actually is relative of both side total 70 le. my side abt 60 relatives!! sure will come one!! hubby friend alot!! i count my side friend n collg abt 25 onli

I hope mine split 2 days too.. one at my in-law's hse and one at my hse (cum housewarming).. cos my hubby's relatives also alot (and also many kids) and I dun wan them to crowd my hse and clash wif my own frens and colleagues... my own relatives, mostly only inviting my grandma and 2 uncles so not many...

Meilynn

hi meilynn, gynea nvr mention on earlier EDD, just say have to take notice of any signs of labour, cos baby is in position.

i going to have the baby shower whole day, afternoon for relatives, evening to nite for friend. dun think relative will stay long also if see so many friend come over. buffet will divide out to 2 sessions also.

for my relative abt 60plus pax, order buffet for 45pax. friend abt 40plus, order 35pax. usually friend dun eat much. just scared got relative want to tabao:nah:. think will tell them later got friend come, cant tabao.

Ok, I was wondering how come some gynae can tell the change in EDD at early part of the 3rd trimester. My gynae juz told me only nearer the EDD then can better predict if any change in EDD. Make sense thou.

Well, initially thinking of having 1 full day Bb shower but 2 sessions. However, worried will be very tired so decided on 2 days instead. So u getting ur caterer to come in 2 times? Else the food cannot keep for so many hrs.

Meilynn

me too.. hubby was just telling me (again) then my nose looks bigger and insisted it mus be infection cos my nose is always senstitive to dust and can sneeze anytime and many times in a day.. I told him tis most likely is part of the change during pregnancy but he said no.. and sometimes when my baby was kicking/ stretching and I felt the pain, I 'ouched' and he was like, "wat now?" sometimes I feel like crying in front of him when I hear this.. they dun feel the pain we're going thru, its sometimes rather disappointing...

Try not to feel disappointed. Believed ur hubby meant no ill. Guys are juz not sensitive at times. U can try to tell ur hubby how u felt whenever he behave 'like wat' re ur feelings.

I was having very bad cramplike pain last nite. Sorta breathless too so told my hubby. He was on his phone playing game so no response at all. I waited like 5 mins he also never look over at me once.

I was very Disappointed then so I told him tt I expect him to at least ask after how I was feeling. He was abit annoyed n commented tt he cannot do much re my ccondition too. When I heard this, I felt even worse so I kept quiet n turned away. After a while, he sorta Realised tt he hurt me wif his remarks so he started asking if he do this if he do tt can help my pain.

Actually at that point in time, watever subsequent action he did is pointless as the moment tt I need his attention n concern was gone. However, when I think back later in the nite, being a guy, he can never truly understand how emotional we are during pregnancy. Thus, no point feeling upset when he may never know y we behave in certain manner. Guess we need to hv such 'Ah Q' spirit else we juz make ourselves unhappy. End of day, our hubby do care n love us in his oown manner, this is wat is impt.

So mummies, if u ever feel upset re how ur hubby behave, dun be k! Rem u always hv us here to share n care ;) we all jia you k!

Tannie

Yes, men will never know what we are going thru... My hubby always commented that I walked very slow then I tell him he shld try walking with a big tummy thn he know... Some how I think dragging them to pre-natal class help a little, at least he now understand why I need to visit the loo often, the backache n other conditions... Cause he heard it from trainer himself so he will not say I made it up as excuses.

Jie Mei men, we must jia you, another few more weeks!

RedDevil

Went for check up on thur and baby is now 1.5kg. Turning 33 weeks tomorrow. Was having fever since thur and doc asked me must rest well and careful because getting big. Been feeling cranky too. Feel myself useless at work too, can't seem do help anything at work. Alway feel tired and backache getting worse. My colleagues got to help me and I ffeel that I'm a burden to them.

milkshake

Went for check up on thur and baby is now 1.5kg. Turning 33 weeks tomorrow. Was having fever since thur and doc asked me must rest well and careful because getting big. Been feeling cranky too. Feel myself useless at work too, can't seem do help anything at work. Alway feel tired and backache getting worse. My colleagues got to help me and I ffeel that I'm a burden to them.

Take care and rest well. Don't worry about work cos your health and condition is more important. Btw did your doc say anything about yr baby weight? At 32weeks my baby weighed 1.69 n the doc say is on the small side. Yours is 1.5kg in 33 weeks?

climsp

hi meilynn,
ya will ask the caterer to come twice. if not food finish during the 1st round, 2nd batch guests no food to eat.
i just want to do 1 day then can rest more on other day. also clean up onli once.

true, t
ry not to feel disappointed w/ hubby. the other day nite having a small talk to hubby regarding baby shower. have some disagreement. both us just stop n quiet, he continue w/ his game, while i go back room to cool down n cry, baby keeps kick non stop also. i just felt been bully by both father n son. but next morning huddy just change his mind, give n take w/ my way to do the baby shower. sometime guy r just not sensitive to some issues or our feeling.

anyway, just forgive n forget. they r still our loving hubby who love us in their own way....

jia u jia u.. a few more week to see our little cuties...

climsp

Take care and rest well. Don't worry about work cos your health and condition is more important. Btw did your doc say anything about yr baby weight? At 32weeks my baby weighed 1.69 n the doc say is on the small side. Yours is 1.5kg in 33 weeks?
seem like mine is on the big side..1.9 at 32 week. feel like he got no space to move much inside my small bump.

Tannie

Yap now most impt is ur well being, accept others help this now. U can buy them some snacks in return etc, and next time when u r back after confinement u can help them back, dun hv to feel bad jus be appreciative. Try to rest more, tiredness will make u more cranky... N u dun wan ur little one to come out cranky... So try to relax...

Meilynn

Dear RedDevil, priority now is for u to get well n rest more. Cranky moodswings a norm ;) juz make sure u dun stay cranky too long. Bb will feel our moods so do try to maintain a positive mindset. If backache really very bad, go for a hot shower n use ur shower spray on the affected area follow by getting ur hubby to do some simple back rub. Wil tend to ease the soreness though not all.

How can u feel tt u r useless when u are abt to bring a life into our world soon. This is a miracle by itself. In life, no matter how self sufficient one is, we will need helping hands beside us one time or another. Now is the time we need such help. When we in better situation we will also extend help to others ;) be glad tt ur col is willing to help u. U hv good col. Some col I heard very selfish n not willing to help at all.

Juz few weeks more. Stay healthy n positive k!!

RedDevil

My doc did not mention anything about my baby weight. He said baby is growing well and baby has big head. He did mention baby is big .my friends and mum say kinda of heavy for baby too. Doc asked me to be careful also cos tummy getting big. I guess partly of my size too. I feel quite uncomfortable when i walk due to big tummy and iI experience BH too