EDD May 2012 Mummies!

esoterice

miracle, I tihnk anything from week 37 onwards shld be fine, cos 37 to 40 week is consider full term and ready to come out.. So mabbe I will also take coconut around that timing..

sunkissed

i didn't get to drink my coconut juice :( was looking forward to it!

anyway nipple cream can get Lansinoh brand. apparently a lot of ppl recommend :) i'm using it.

milkshake

Seeing all you ladies with healthy big babies makes me envious. I hope my baby will continue to grow until 36w/37w which is 4-5 weeks away now. Most important is baby is healthy and safe I guess.

Over the weekend during our antenatal class they showed us live video Of mums giving birth naturally, csect n using various assisted pain relieve measures. My hubby and I freaked out when we saw the natural one. Haha I straight away told him I want csect!!

Btw just a stupid question. If for example my water bag burst in the middle of the night or when I'm at office I guess natural instinct is for people to call an ambulance (not sure if ambulance or taxi is faster?) -- are ambulance designated to go certain hospitals or I can instruct them to bring me to Thomson?

Meilynn

Seeing all you ladies with healthy big babies makes me envious. I hope my baby will continue to grow until 36w/37w which is 4-5 weeks away now. Most important is baby is healthy and safe I guess.

Over the weekend during our antenatal class they showed us live video Of mums giving birth naturally, csect n using various assisted pain relieve measures. My hubby and I freaked out when we saw the natural one. Haha I straight away told him I want csect!!

Btw just a stupid question. If for example my water bag burst in the middle of the night or when I'm at office I guess natural instinct is for people to call an ambulance (not sure if ambulance or taxi is faster?) -- are ambulance designated to go certain hospitals or I can instruct them to bring me to Thomson?
Ambulance will usually only sent u to the nearest hospital but for delivery dunno if can make an exception. Think put aside the waiting time for ambulance, ambulance shd be faster. Incase of traffic jam still can on siren to get other vehicles to make way. Taxi will not be able to do tt.

esoterice

Dun need to call ambulance la, you still got time to shower and then take cab there. But no time to do other things la, just shower is no problem.

climsp

meilynn - my baby head down already. gynea ask me to get ready, n take note of any symptoms.. so i need to drink the coconut now?? really dun like the taste. if really cant take it, then bloodly baby lo, let the nurse clean him up. hahaha just scared hubby faint when see baby.

miracle25- my hubby will onli know i cry if tear infront of him. maybe too strong last time. :(

tannie - if c-sect think i more scare!! i almost cancel my operation for cyst the very last min at the operation room. cant imagine awake during c-sect. think maybe feel the labour pain, know wat go on better.. :embarrassed: scared halfway hubby fainted also. hahaha

Tannie

Ha ha milkshake, I think we watched the same video as I m oso delivering at TMC.
My gynae said no need panic when water bag burst, jus put pad n go to hospital when contraction. Esp when first birth, after water bag burst still got few hrs before deliver:.. so I guess taxi is good enough ....

Tannie

climsp:639298 said:
meilynn - my baby head down already. gynea ask me to get ready, n take note of any symptoms.. so i need to drink the coconut now?? really dun like the taste. if really cant take it, then bloodly baby lo, let the nurse clean him up. hahaha just scared hubby faint when see baby.

miracle25- my hubby will onli know i cry if tear infront of him. maybe too strong last time. :(

tannie - if c-sect think i more scare!! i almost cancel my operation for cyst the very last min at the operation room. cant imagine awake during c-sect. think maybe feel the labour pain, know wat go on better.. :embarrassed: scared halfway hubby fainted also. hahaha
I worry if can't push the baby out thn c sect, end up 2 side pain. My sis in law jus give birth, baby too big, 3.69kg, so end up c sect after trying virginal birth...

climsp

how we diff from urine n water bag burst? my friend say she got urge to pee in the middle of the nite, then urine alot, w/ abit of blood. she went hospital anyway cos next day actually need to induce. she actually water bag burst. nowaday i always see my urine got blood alot when pee alot...

Rukia

Ambulance will usually only sent u to the nearest hospital but for delivery dunno if can make an exception. Think put aside the waiting time for ambulance, ambulance shd be faster. Incase of traffic jam still can on siren to get other vehicles to make way. Taxi will not be able to do tt.
If call ambulance, do you need to pay extra charges?

Tannie

My gynae said if water bag burst, it will continue to leak, bt urine will not leak after release. Our trainer said put pad thn smell if got urine smell....

Rukia

how we diff from urine n water bag burst? my friend say she got urge to pee in the middle of the nite, then urine alot, w/ abit of blood. she went hospital anyway cos next day actually need to induce. she actually water bag burst. nowaday i always see my urine got blood alot when pee alot...
From my memory, my teacher at the antenatal class told us to put on a pantyliner and observe teh amount of water and if there is any blood. If there is, then its most probably waterbag burst.

esoterice

Tannie, your gynae will do an assessment whether baby is too big for you to give birth or not right? If really too big then u can opt for csect?

Climsp, very easy, just smell it, urine got smell and usually yellow in color, water bag, no smell and no color.

esoterice

If call ambulance, do you need to pay extra charges?
Interesting, I also want to know so I googled -

SCDF Ambulance Charges
The SCDF does not charge for any emergency case it conveys to hospitals. However, $180 will be charged for each non-emergency case that SCDF ferries to hospital.

Note: The final outcome of the emergency / non-emergency status of a patient will be based on the assessment of the doctor at the Emergency Department of the receiving hospital.

(true la, in case people abuse the ambulance and call ambulance for every little thing)

Tannie

Wah I think call cab cheaper... prob nowsaday v difficult to to book a cab... pray hard no rain else will be worst...

gessim

Dont worry too much gessim. Try to keep a positive mindset. Maybe you can get the tel number of the nurse. In case anything, can give her a call. My gynae was away last week and the nurse gave me her mobile number.
Thanks Rukia,

Will stay optimistic. Have gotten the phone number just in case. Gynae has also arrange from someone in case I do get into labour while he is away.

Tannie

climsp:639316 said:
pray hard not after mid nite also. blur n sleep.. still need to shower n wake hubby up..
Ha ha tot after mid nite btr, traffic smoother, temp cooler... jus worry stain the mattress very heart pain...