EDD May 2012 Mummies!

Rukia

was wondering how dilation feels like. been feeling the pressure and cramp these day n I'm constantly having this tummyache feeling.

jus last week I was suffering from the
water retention effect! boy! it was so painful and then it subside. my colleague was telling me that there's this old wife tale whereby after one more round of water retention effect, I will eventually give birth. I'm officially in my 36 week now, she
was telling me to enjoy the 2 PH and predict that I will go into labour soon.
What is water retention effect? I got water retention for a few months now, fingers can bend and ankles swollen

climsp

was wondering how dilation feels like. been feeling the pressure and cramp these day n I'm constantly having this tummyache feeling.

jus last week I was suffering from the
water retention effect! boy! it was so painful and then it subside. my colleague was telling me that there's this old wife tale whereby after one more round of water retention effect, I will eventually give birth. I'm officially in my 36 week now, she
was telling me to enjoy the 2 PH and predict that I will go into labour soon.
If it really, hope I realli get to enjoy the holiday 1st. My ML start onli on 7 may.

twentydec

my calves and feet start to swell and it hurts to walk. very visible sign and I can't fit into my sandals and covered shoe. the ache felt like your went for a run after a long hiatus. when u press onto the skin, it has that sunken white spot that takes a while to regain.

RedDevil

My colleague told me the same thing. If we start to have water retention , means going labour soon. I starting my ML on 14 may too but am afraid before I start my ML, I already give birth haha

Meilynn

Did ur doc advise on exercises u can do to encourage baby to turn? My baby turned a late too so doc advised me to hug my knees to my chest (I dunno how tt was supposed to help). I also searched on the net and many said to rest head on pillow, butt in the air and hold it there for a few minutes each time. Also playing music or shining a light at the bottom could encourage baby to turn. I did the exercises & baby head did turn by next appt
Congrats on ur bundle of joy ;)

Yup, been doing the exercise mentioned but till today, can still feel my gal's head upwards.

Past few days feeling very poorly. Not sure if bcos of the extreme hot weather or tt I m stil sick after 3 weeks. Cannot rest well bcos of my night coughing, whole body aches n pains n now wif BH, tummy extremely hard make my sleep quality very bad. Feeling extremely down. Seeing gynae on Thur. Hopefully hv good news.

Meilynn

Since I hv increasing pain walking n sitting, I m thinking of starting my ML early. If I need a c sec, most probably will start my ML on 9 May 12. By then I will be exactly 38 weeks.

Now juz the tot of working makes me feel very tired. Covering party only coming in on 3 May 12. Wonder few days handover sufficient or anot. Yet to even start on my handover notes n SOP. Tired.

My gynea advise is to have 10 counts in 2 hours . Fixed any 2 hours in the day is like everyday 8-10pm.. something like that. Choose a time when your baby is most active.

Until nw my gynae never ask me to count movement. So as long as there is 10 movement within 12h is ok? So if baby kicks and moves 10x all within 15-30min is that counted as fulfilled the criteria?

milkshake

I've been having diarrhea for 3 days now - avg 2-3x a day. Saw the doc on Saturday and he said its probably a reaction to the antibiotics that I'm taking for my infection - I also googled for amoxicillin side effects and it says diarrhea. Thank god today is my last day for the antibiotics cos it's really tiring going back and forth the toilet!

Ive been asked to see him again on Thursday at 37w for CTG, scan and cervix exam. He may want to induce then. Btw has anyone cervix exam before and how does it feel?

Been having so much pressure/soreness ard my pelvis area today for the first time. Walking ard also feels painful :/

Gemini11

Anyone exp skin itchiness? I've been feeling the itch on my legs n tummy. N baby hasn't been moving much today, I'm worried. But my doc is away. How?

miracle25

I forgot the breast pump.. so my hubby went home to take d 2nd day..
When did your milk supply kick in? Some of my friends told me to bring breast pump some told me no need cos supply wont be in so fast....so not sure if i should bring
I'm still try hard to pump d milk but only few drops came out & now after every pump I noticed blood spots on my nipples.. baby didnt latch on cos he's still in ICU. I suggest u to bring cos if (touchwood) u dun hav a chance for ur baby to latch on at least u can start pumping 1st to stimulate d milk..
Do use nipple cream before it gets worse. I heard cracked nipples are quite painful
hi Rukia,

yes, I've started to use nipple cream aft every pump.. jus finish pumping & d blood spots on one side is lesser already.. & I've successfully pumped out abt 20ml of milk twice since 9pm.. now waiting for daybreak & bring the milk to my boy..

Meilynn

I've been having diarrhea for 3 days now - avg 2-3x a day. Saw the doc on Saturday and he said its probably a reaction to the antibiotics that I'm taking for my infection - I also googled for amoxicillin side effects and it says diarrhea. Thank god today is my last day for the antibiotics cos it's really tiring going back and forth the toilet!

Ive been asked to see him again on Thursday at 37w for CTG, scan and cervix exam. He may want to induce then. Btw has anyone cervix exam before and how does it feel?

Been having so much pressure/soreness ard my pelvis area today for the first time. Walking ard also feels painful :/
I hv started takin amoxicillin since Sat cos dr worried abt my cough n flu. Bowels movement still ok but dr did warned me side effects diarrhoea. He said if 2 times per day shd be ok. If repeating diarrhoea then need to stop the med immediately.

Cervix exam = Dilation test? If yes, to check readiness of dilation before natural delivery. My gynae did not do any vaginal infection test or dilation test cos most probably I will be going thru c sect.

We are at the same week 37 this week. I exp BH n pelvic / VJJ pain since last week too. Guess part n parcel of this last lap. If walking too painful, minimize the walk if possible. Unless ur gynae encourage u to walk more to promote smoother natural delivery. Let's all jia you

Meilynn

Anyone exp skin itchiness? I've been feeling the itch on my legs n tummy. N baby hasn't been moving much today, I'm worried. But my doc is away. How?
Yup, I do exp extreme itch. Repeat application of moisturer also no use. I tend to tk more showers n stay in air con room. Does help somehow.

Re Bb's movement, if really not much movement, go directly to the labour ward of the hospital u wanna deliver in. They will know how to monitor. Now muz be extra cautious. Tk care ya.

climsp

having 3 contraction in 1hr now..but baby still moving alot..at office now..abit dun know wat to do now..better dun be today...i havent start ML or take pay yet!! i dun want labour in labour day also!!

Tannie

climsp:648186 said:
having 3 contraction in 1hr now..but baby still moving alot..at office now..abit dun know wat to do now..better dun be today...i havent start ML or take pay yet!! i dun want labour in labour day also!!
Oh... thn btr dun move too much...

Tataro

is BH or real contraction? call up to check with doc ?

having 3 contraction in 1hr now..but baby still moving alot..at office now..abit dont know what to do now..better dont be today...i havent start ML or take pay yet!! i dont want labour in labour day also!!

Rukia

having 3 contraction in 1hr now..but baby still moving alot..at office now..abit dont know what to do now..better dont be today...i havent start ML or take pay yet!! i dont want labour in labour day also!!
My gynae mentioned that if contractions interval <10min or it recurs >2h...u have to go down to the laboura ward. It could be a sign that you are giving birth soon.

Rukia

hi Rukia,

yes, I've started to use nipple cream aft every pump.. jus finish pumping & d blood spots on one side is lesser already.. & I've successfully pumped out abt 20ml of milk twice since 9pm.. now waiting for daybreak & bring the milk to my boy..

Great to hear that your supply is kicking in. How long does your boy need to be hospitalized?

Tataro

i think my case is the worst case, been have the rashes since last month, till now i still have to apply the cream and lotion everyday. if really cannot tahan, ask doc for some cream? last time i also use my own moisturizer, but it become worst.

ya, shower with cold water and stay in air con room, avoid sweating

Yup, I do exp extreme itch. Repeat application of moisturizer also no use. I tend to tk more showers n stay in air con room. Does help somehow.

Re Bb's movement, if really not much movement, go directly to the labour ward of the hospital u wanna deliver in. They will know how to monitor. Now muz be extra cautious. Tk care ya.

climsp

Tataro, Rukia - the contraction seem to be 30min interval..now monitor it. anyway gynea clinic nearby 10min can reach by cab..my collg seem more worried n pale again when i told her...seem like i am more calm. hahaha