EDD May 2012 Mummies!

Dilys

I m already 21 weeks n yet hv never feel the BB's movement. Getting worried. During the normal ultrasound scan done by gynae during the monthly visit, able to know the weight of BB during such scan?
Hihi...

Be patience .. Don't worry u will feel ur baby movement soon ! :) talk to your baby ... Yes gynae will tell u the weight of baby, length of the baby"s tummy, baby"s position....

mae

Hi guys, it's been a very long time since i posted something here. Anyway, congrats to all of you. My EDD for my 2nd child will be on May 14.

May I ask, any of you giving birth in Mt. Alvernia?

Rukia

20 week 6 days!! Baby kick n boxing nonstop since morning!!
Tomorrow going batam I'm so excited now!
Climsp, your baby must be pretty excited as well, going oversea..keke

MY baby usually starts kicking and punching late noon and evening..I am hoping to train her to wake up during daylight and sleep during the night!!..haha

Rukia

I m already 21 weeks n yet hv never feel the BB's movement. Getting worried. During the normal ultrasound scan done by gynae during the monthly visit, able to know the weight of BB during such scan?
If you are a first time mom, some will only feel the movements much later. Dont worry...especially if everything is fine during the scan. Maybe your baby is very gently in his/her movements :)

Dilys

Hi guys, it's been a very long time since i posted something here. Anyway, congrats to all of you. My EDD for my 2nd child will be on May 14.

May I ask, any of you giving birth in Mt. Alvernia?
Hi mae,

Here.. I m going to delivery at mount alvernia !!

Dilys

Oh..mine was only 300g at 21 weeks. Oh, is my baby too small??
Hi rukia,

No la. U can't determine wherther a baby is heavy or not at this early stage. :) baby grow very fast starting from 24wks. Have u start your tonic stuff (bird nest.. Cordyceps??) I have been taking since 16wks. :) I believe in taking slowly on this don't pressure ur baby by eating alot. Every child grow at different time... So allOw ur baby to grow slowly !! Jia you !!

Meilynn

If you are a first time mom, some will only feel the movements much later. Dont worry...especially if everything is fine during the scan. Maybe your baby is very gently in his/her movements :)
Dear Rukia, Dilys

Thks for the assurance. 1st time mummy so tend to worry this worry that. Will try to hv a positive mindset. Hopefully BB will grow big, strong n healthy ;)

Seeing my gynae coming Thur. Will see if BB has grow more during the scan.

Dilys

Dear Rukia, Dilys

Thks for the assurance. 1st time mummy so tend to worry this worry that. Will try to hv a positive mindset. Hopefully BB will grow big, strong n healthy ;)

Hi

I am a first time mum too ! :) I believe that baby is 1st time coming to this world also.. So u must be strong and encourage baby instead of worrying too much that also affect baby! :) of cos I am worried n scared at times .. But u must learn to be strong & react fast to protect ur little one.. Then worrying too much u feel lost & end up both u n baby stress !! Logical??

When u feel worried or scared.. U r not alone ... Talk to baby sing to baby !! Soon u forget all the worries !! Jiayou mummies !!

Dilys

I m delivering at Mt Alvernia too.. Attending the prenatal class in Feb too. Looking forward!!
:) oh great !! U managed to book the prenatal course ... :) I heard that they are fully booked till April. I am nw attending the class there will end mid feb! :)

Did u sign up for the ladies card?

Rukia

Hi rukia,

No . you can't determine wherther a baby is heavy or not at this early stage. :) baby grow very fast starting from 24wks. Have you start your tonic stuff (bird nest.. Cordyceps??) I have been taking since 16wks. :) I believe in taking slowly on this dont't pressure your baby by eating alot. Every child grow at different time... So allOw your baby to grow slowly !! Jia you !!
I didnt take any tonic stuff. The last time i asked my gynae he told me not to take those chinese tonics (e.g. Lingzhi and Cordyceps) on my own.

Anyway, I dont like the taste of chinese tonics :p

Wanted to take chicken essence, but waiting for my hubby to accompany me to supermarket, so that he can carry it back for me...keke...

I have no cravings yet. Do you have any cravings? I think my baby is a small eater. I could eat much more before I was pregnant..haha

Rukia

Dear Rukia, Dilys

Yeah..lets all keep a positive mindset. Sometimes i worry alot about my baby as well. Especially when I am alone, no one to talk to, I will think of alot of things. Now i try to distract myself by tidying the house, baking and chatting on mummysg..keke.

Dilys

I didnt take any tonic stuff. The last time i asked my gynae he told me not to take those chinese tonics (e.g. Lingzhi and Cordyceps) on my own.

Anyway, I dont like the taste of chinese tonics :p

Wanted to take chicken essence, but waiting for my hubby to accompany me to supermarket, so that he can carry it back for me...keke...

I have no cravings yet. Do you have any cravings? I think my baby is a small eater. I could eat much more before I was pregnant..haha
Hi rukia,

Tonic are not to be take during 1st trimester.. That's why ur gynae say cannot !
I am not a fan of tonic also ... But it helps in boosting ur health & baby ! Whenever after taking cordyceps baby will be very active keeping moving.
Take bird nest for protein.

If you are eating not so much in pregnancy ... The more u should boost your nutrient level by taking tonic .. Baby absorb very well & will gain weight very fast !

I don't have any craving tru out my pregnancy just normal meals. Actually personally I think those bottle chicken essence doesn't help that much . Good chicken essence r those self boiled... Buy chicken put in slow cooker.. 3 bowls of water cooked into 1 bowl. This way u will get the nutrients & calcium from the chicken.

Rukia

Hi rukia,

Tonic are not to be take during 1st trimester.. That's why your gynae say cannot !
I am not a fan of tonic also ... But it helps in boosting your health & baby ! Whenever after taking cordyceps baby will be very active keeping moving.
Take bird nest for protein.

If you are eating not so much in pregnancy ... The more you should boost your nutrient level by taking tonic .. Baby absorb very well & will gain weight very fast !

I dont't have any craving tru out my pregnancy just normal meals. Actually personally I think those bottle chicken essence doesn't help that much . Good chicken essence r those self boiled... Buy chicken put in slow cooker.. 3 bowls of water cooked into 1 bowl. This way you will get the nutrients & calcium from the chicken.
I asked my gynae during my second trimester, but he still advise me not to take. Well, maybe I can try the chicken essence first.

Was thinking if i should invest in those double boiler or slow cooker would be better? Can use it to boil soup during confinement as well..

Dilys

I asked my gynae during my second trimester, but he still advise me not to take. Well, maybe I can try the chicken essence first.

Was thinking if i should invest in those double boiler or slow cooker would be better? Can use it to boil soup during confinement as well..
:) oh.. Maybe your gynae don't believe in taking tonic! :) slow cooker will be enough... Now people selling double boiler make people think that double boiler is for use of double boil soup!! Wrong !!!! Its about the way you cook.. Amount of water.. Amount of good stuff ... A simple boiler will do !

I am taking bird nest & cordyceps cook with black chicken every week ! :) if your baby doesn't gain weight in later stage you can try taking some

Meilynn

:) oh great !! U managed to book the prenatal course ... :) I heard that they are fully booked till April. I am nw attending the class there will end mid feb! :)

Did u sign up for the ladies card?
Nope. The perks Not really attractive so I save the money instead ;)

Dilys

Nope. The perks Not really attractive so I save the money instead ;)
Hi

Save $$?? Oh the membership is just $68 for 2 years. Very cheap !! :) there is discount for things you bought from the pharmancy there.. 24hrs walk in consultation fee $18only. discount for prenatal course... & even hospital stay !

Meilynn

Hi

Save $$?? Oh the membership is just $68 for 2 years. Very cheap !! :) there is discount for things you bought from the pharmancy there.. 24hrs walk in consultation fee $18only. discount for prenatal course... & even hospital stay !
Ha, yup I know of the Perks ... Hospital charges only less off $100/- I think so not attractive. Rest of perks not useful... Btw, wat ward type u staying? I m thinking of single room deluxe. Family suite too exp

Dilys

Ha, yup I know of the Perks ... Hospital charges only less off $100/- I think so not attractive. Rest of perks not useful... Btw, wat ward type u staying? I m thinking of single room deluxe. Family suite too exp
:) I m taking the 4 bedded! Personally I think I just need a place to give birth & rest that's all ! :) i will save the $ for my after delivery hoilday trip than hospital stay ! Hehe .. Hmm ... Looking at my friend after delivery who happens to visit 24hr ward in for emergency after her delivery... I find signing up for the ladies card quite worth it just in case !!