EDD May 2012 Mummies!

Dilys

Hi Climsp,

Which hospital are you giving birth at? For Thomson, they told me dun need to bring anything for baby cos everything provided. Only need to pack for my hubby and myself.
Hi Rukia,

Oh TMC told u no need to bring anything for baby because... everything will be charged to your hospital stay.

Rukia

I was told by Thomson too that all things are provided for the baby except mayb the going home clothes you may want to change.. unused diapers they also let you bring back.. but was told no camera/ video in the delivery suite.. :(

can we bathe at the hospital? thought we're not suppose the bath or wash hair after giving birth...
Some of my friends bathed some did not. Guess its up to individual..

Rukia

As long as baby moves 10 times from 8am to 6pm (*not per day). -Usually baby will move alot at night. Let me explained why so important between 8am to 6pm) cos' some baby movement will not be that much during the day... have to monitor closely.

Well... definetly u wont hurt your baby by shaking your tummy ... haha ... sometimes baby won't move even u shake your tummy cos' they tot that you are rocking them .. hehe... (* as long as u feel the movements everything will be fine)

Don't worry .. baby is being protected by the water bag..
Today i was trying to exercise by swinging my legs back and front and my mum was so horrified i did that..haha. I think she was worried i was rocking my baby too much haha

Rukia

Hi Rukia,

Oh TMC told u no need to bring anything for baby because... everything will be charged to your hospital stay.
Ya i guess so. If i bring my own and refuse the baby stuff provided, i dont think they will reduce my hospital fees?

Dilys

Today i was trying to exercise by swinging my legs back and front and my mum was so horrified i did that..haha. I think she was worried i was rocking my baby too much haha
Huh?? How u swing your legs back and front?? Hmm.. You are sitting down?? Well... U can trying the doggie position : then rock ur body slowly front and back... head & arms down infront supporting using a pillow

Dilys

Ya i guess so. If i bring my own and refuse the baby stuff provided, i dont think they will reduce my hospital fees?
Hi Rukia,

They will charge u according to whatever they provided for baby. The hospital fees (*u mean hospital stay?)

Besides the hospital stay fees, whatever they provide for baby and you will be charged.

miracle25

which pump did you get? i think some comes with a bag :) mine is the medela freestyle so it comes with a bag. not sure if i should charge it beforehand tho..
I got the Avent essential set.. comes wif the electric pump, feeding bottles and storage cups, all in 1 box, no bag..

miracle25

I don't think there's a rule that states can shower or not after labour? But if I'm stable, I would definitely wanna have one!!! Can u imagine how dirty we get after labour?..... :X
yah I also think I'll shower if can at least on the day we gav birth to clean ourselves..

Rukia

yah I also think I'll shower if can at least on the day we gav birth to clean ourselves..
I am thinking of getting those no-rinse shampoo and body wash. Cos hospital might be abit too cold with the aircon, for me to take a bath. Not sure if i would still have the strength to walk and bathe after delivery.

cn211279

Hi ladies,

I haven't been too active lately on this thread as I'm busy with several things at a time.
It is good fun catching up on all the updates:
Anyway, my baby is a boy ( actually hoping for a girl, but happy nonetheless cos he is healthy)
My Gynae is Dr Geraldine Tan delivering in Thomson as well. And her package is $800 (from week 13 onwards) and only include standard urine test, ultrasound scan. She is not cheap but she is a very nice and friendly lady so I guess it's ok. And the best is that her waiting time is not too long, I normally only need to wait for half hr. Since I'm very impatient and don't like time spent idling, it is a plus for me :). My belly button has popped...but it was already distended from my first pregnancy so I kinda accepted the fact that my belly button will never look the same again.:nah: Put on 7kg so far and baby is 1.4 kg @ 29 weeks and I think that's normal. Only hoping that it won't take me too long to shed the excess weight n tt hopefully I can wear my pre-pregnancy clothes again. (fingers crossed)

Regarding breast pads: My advice, just get some hand-me downs if you have any or just buy one box. Not every lady leaks, especially in the first month and if you are a first-time mum. It is not too late to buy some more once your milk flow is established at around mth 2-3. No point wasting money if you are the type that doesn't leak milk. But if you are the type who leaks milk, you might want to buy a few different brands to try, brand does not really matter but comfort does. Some of the cheaper brands are quite rough and most breastfeeding mums who latch on will experience sore nipples and you don't want to add on to your discomfort by having a scratchy breast pad. So far, I like pigeon brand as they are very comfortable but everyone is different.

Baby Seat: I don't think the hospital will forbid you to bring your baby home if you don't have a car seat. However, you are liable to be fined $150 plus deduct demerit points if you were to be caught driving your child home without a car seat (only exception is taxi). Being a mum, I think it is a good idea to put the child the baby seat from the very start so they are used to it. Moreover, if you know how to use the baby seat, it is even safer than carrying your baby in your arms. Most babies preferred to be carried, that is a fact. However, most accidents happen in a blink of an eye and no matter how reactive you are, you might not be able to react in time. So I think it is still safer to put the baby in the baby seat.

Maternity Bag: Just leave the bag at home or at your mum's/MIL's place. You won't need the bag immediately most of the time, you can always get your hubby/mum to bring it to you. The most important thing is to get yourself to the hospital.... so leave the logistics to someone else.

Any mummies experience numbness in their fingers? My fingers tips on both right and left hands are numb all day long and it go worse when I was sleeping at night.. sometimes like all the fingers are numb and not only the tips of the fingers..Doctor said it is common as poor blood circulation...

Rukia

Any mummies experience numbness in their fingers? My fingers tips on both right and left hands are numb all day long and it go worse when I was sleeping at night.. sometimes like all the fingers are numb and not only the tips of the fingers..Doctor said it is common as poor blood circulation...
Mine is not numbness but when I woke up yesterday, when i bent my middle and ring finger, it hurts and kind of got locked in the 90 degree position. I had to use my other hand to lift the fingers. So it looks like i was doing the sign language "I Love You". Haha

Until today it still hurts slightly although I can bend them now.

ya.. i also experienced that these 2 days... but still can bend but can feel like it is "stuck" when u try to bend the fingers...

Mine is not numbness but when I woke up yesterday, when i bent my middle and ring finger, it hurts and kind of got locked in the 90 degree position. I had to use my other hand to lift the fingers. So it looks like i was doing the sign language "I Love You". Haha

Until today it still hurts slightly although I can bend them now.

Meilynn

kate spade, marc jacobs, lesportsac, longchamp?
Happened to be at Orchard so popped in to Robinson. Din Realised today special sale for card member. Certain bb related products 25% to 30% off. Got a $30/- voucher to direct offset somemore. I got my diaper bag at $198/- before 30% off. Think shd be big enuf n lotsa compartment to hold bb stuff.

Philip Avent, Medela Pdts at 25% off. I got the digital food Warmer n some new bb start kit with milk bottles, teat brush etc. all in all a good buy. Lucky for me to decide last min to pop in.

Btw, any recommendations if to choose btw Philip electric vs digital steam Steraliser set? I sort of make up my mind to get the digital set but seems tt most places only carry the electric set.

Meilynn

Hi ladies,

I haven't been too active lately on this thread as I'm busy with several things at a time.
It is good fun catching up on all the updates:
Anyway, my baby is a boy ( actually hoping for a girl, but happy nonetheless cos he is healthy)
My Gynae is Dr Geraldine Tan delivering in Thomson as well. And her package is $800 (from week 13 onwards) and only include standard urine test, ultrasound scan. She is not cheap but she is a very nice and friendly lady so I guess it's ok. And the best is that her waiting time is not too long, I normally only need to wait for half hr. Since I'm very impatient and don't like time spent idling, it is a plus for me :). My belly button has popped...but it was already distended from my first pregnancy so I kinda accepted the fact that my belly button will never look the same again.:nah: Put on 7kg so far and baby is 1.4 kg @ 29 weeks and I think that's normal. Only hoping that it won't take me too long to shed the excess weight n tt hopefully I can wear my pre-pregnancy clothes again. (fingers crossed)

Regarding breast pads: My advice, just get some hand-me downs if you have any or just buy one box. Not every lady leaks, especially in the first month and if you are a first-time mum. It is not too late to buy some more once your milk flow is established at around mth 2-3. No point wasting money if you are the type that doesn't leak milk. But if you are the type who leaks milk, you might want to buy a few different brands to try, brand does not really matter but comfort does. Some of the cheaper brands are quite rough and most breastfeeding mums who latch on will experience sore nipples and you don't want to add on to your discomfort by having a scratchy breast pad. So far, I like pigeon brand as they are very comfortable but everyone is different.

Baby Seat: I don't think the hospital will forbid you to bring your baby home if you don't have a car seat. However, you are liable to be fined $150 plus deduct demerit points if you were to be caught driving your child home without a car seat (only exception is taxi). Being a mum, I think it is a good idea to put the child the baby seat from the very start so they are used to it. Moreover, if you know how to use the baby seat, it is even safer than carrying your baby in your arms. Most babies preferred to be carried, that is a fact. However, most accidents happen in a blink of an eye and no matter how reactive you are, you might not be able to react in time. So I think it is still safer to put the baby in the baby seat.

Maternity Bag: Just leave the bag at home or at your mum's/MIL's place. You won't need the bag immediately most of the time, you can always get your hubby/mum to bring it to you. The most important thing is to get yourself to the hospital.... so leave the logistics to someone else.
Thks for the details. Good tt BB boy n mummy doing well ;)

Can I know if nipple cream is recommended? Need to buy n stand by?