EDD May 2012 Mummies!

climsp

Me too very scare that won't be able to shed off the extra weight after giving birth. So far I gain 5 to 6kg and everyone told me I dont seem to put on weight except big tummy. Will be 35 weeks in another 3 days. Feeling scare, nervous and eexcited at the same time. I been having leg cramps as well these few nights. So
pain until I cry non stop
Hey try do some calve stretch excerise. I do tat whenever I can. Is like pushing the wall w/ both hands, 1 leg stretch to the back, another like half bent is front. Can try search in YouTube.

twentydec

hey, anyone experiencing any nasal issue?
i have like sinus in the morning and then it gets really dry in the evening (some traces of blood when i blow the mucus).

was wondering if the body is getting 'heaty'..

cupcakemum

Hmm I think a birth plan is not really necessary unless u have specific requests like dimming the lights, playing music, labour position...etc. My gynae told me don't need and to just follow the usual routine which I went through and felt satisfied about.. No complaints.

Btw anyone drawing up a birth plan? I didn't bother but a few friends of mine did. So just wondering ...

Meilynn

Hello all! I haven't pop yet. Today super busy at work, need to clear my stuff b4 ML. so nvr check in n post.

Nvr go see gynea also, cos dry pad throu the nite. going this sat, will tell gynea abt it. Today hardly move much also, the pain at VJJ getting worst when move or walk.

I weight myself just now I gained 1 kg plus in 2 weeks, sudden weight gain now. Total I gain 2 kgplus maybe due to all the extra supper at nite since last week. Tummy sudden grow bigger n lower also.

We were all wondering if u pop ;) Think the next one to pop high probability u ya? Do tk extra care these few days. They said when tummy lower one sign of popping within the next week.

Meilynn

I think gynae charges extra w birthplan? Im
not sure but the leaflet states so n I dont't know why should there b extra charge too
Tot a birth plan is to pin down our preferences during delivery so weird if Gynae charges extra. For me, not going to hv one thou I did tell my gynae I prefer natural birth n keep the option of epidural.

Btw, some of my pals claimed tt their gynaes charged for both natural n Ceaseran if natural delivery din work out n progress to Ceaseran. So maybe good to ask ur gynae. I asked mine n he cfm he will only charge for caesarean but hospital will charge both delivery suite n operating theatre charges.

Rukia

Me too very scare that won't be able to shed off the extra weight after giving birth. So far I gain 5 to 6kg and everyone told me I dont seem to put on weight except big tummy. Will be 35 weeks in another 3 days. Feeling scare, nervous and eexcited at the same time. I been having leg cramps as well these few nights. So
pain until I cry non stop
I hv leg cramps n pain too. If u really feel like crying, juz cry out. Crying a form of de-stress too ;) anyone at home to help massage ur leg n calf? Gentle massage will do. It really helps.
Mine is not really leg cramps. But it just feels as though i ran a marathon and my muscles are fatigue. No matter how i position my legs, it does seem to ease the strain. Not painful but weird feeling. Wonder y?

Rukia

Hello all! I haven't pop yet. Today super busy at work, need to clear my stuff b4 ML. so nvr check in n post.

Nvr go see gynea also, cos dry pad throu the nite. going this sat, will tell gynea abt it. Today hardly move much also, the pain at VJJ getting worst when move or walk.

I weight myself just now I gained 1 kg plus in 2 weeks, sudden weight gain now. Total I gain 2 kgplus maybe due to all the extra supper at nite since last week. Tummy sudden grow bigger n lower also.
Take care. Last time when i noticed my colleague's tummy grew lower, she popped a few days later. I think its a sign the baby has engaged and is ready :)

Rukia

Btw anyone drawing up a birth plan? I didn't bother but a few friends of mine did. So just wondering ...
I dont bother either. I think when the time comes, i wont have the time to recall anything.. Haha. Most prob will just follow my gynae's advise. Since i am sure he knows what is best.

xiaoxiaoli

hey, anyone experiencing any nasal issue?
i have like sinus in the morning and then it gets really dry in the evening (some traces of blood when i blow the mucus).

was wondering if the body is getting 'heaty'..
Hihi,
I do have nasal issues.. it's more because of pregnancy, the blood vessels in the nose become thinner / break more easily.. Hormone related. but no concerns for worries =)

xiaoxiaoli

Oh ya! an advice I heard from a colleague..

Do tell your baby when you want him/her to come out.. like which date.. somehow, it works.. at least twice from what I've seen.

This colleague was telling me that her neice was supposed to be due on the 7th lunar month. The baby's grandma keep telling the baby to come out before the 7th month.. and she popped on the eve of the 7th month.

When I share with another colleague, his baby was due during the time when there was a major event he was in charge of in school. He spoke to the baby and told the baby to only come out after the event and on a Friday (then Sat Sun no need to take paternity leave, can take on Mon and Tue)
His baby popped on the Friday after the event in the evening..

Been telling my girl to only come out on 3 May or 11 May cos these are special dates in my family.. my EDD 14 May.. and tell the baby what date it is today.. Sometimes when i have braxton hicks, will tell baby not yet.. wait a few more weeks.. =)

climsp

We were all wondering if u pop ;) Think the next one to pop high probability u ya? Do tk extra care these few days. They said when tummy lower one sign of popping within the next week.
hubby was saying maybe i keep tell baby to pop at 37week, tat why so many symptoms n changes suddenly. 3 more week to 37week onli..yeah

xiaoxiaoli- quite true on the date to tell baby to pop. alot of my friend n collg try n succeeded.

for nasal issues, i bought SHARP- air purifier to place at bedroom, on it when sleep, it help alot.

Suhaidah

Hi guys.. Im in my 37th week and anxiously waiting to pop. So, i was just reading up on what induces labour.. and they were saying pressing some of your pressure points induces labour.

One of the pressure point is the point between you thumb and the index finger - the webbing portiuon. If you keep on pressing repeatedly, it is supposed to induce.. so for fun, i just tried.. pressing it for 1 minute.. and then i started getting cramps, felt weak and just felt uneasy.

Then did it again in the evening, to see.. if it really worked and the same things happened. So, i guess if u continue to do this for a few days, it will eventually bring abt the contractions. IM steering clear out of it for now.. but im going to try if my baby refuses to get out after EDD.

Tannie

Oh, I shall start tellin my her to come out bt wk 39 before gynae go overseas... that day I was tellin her to crawl out herself so that mummy dun have to push so hard...ha ha

climsp

miniClaire - u should tell him, ur bday u still have to give him gift, cos u r the one who suffer. hahaha

my week 37 will be ard our 7th anniversary together, so i always joked 7th year itchy, so must get a little Boyfriend. hahaha.

climsp

Hi guys.. Im in my 37th week and anxiously waiting to pop. So, i was just reading up on what induces labour.. and they were saying pressing some of your pressure points induces labour.

One of the pressure point is the point between you thumb and the index finger - the webbing portiuon. If you keep on pressing repeatedly, it is supposed to induce.. so for fun, i just tried.. pressing it for 1 minute.. and then i started getting cramps, felt weak and just felt uneasy.

Then did it again in the evening, to see.. if it really worked and the same things happened. So, i guess if u continue to do this for a few days, it will eventually bring abt the contractions. IM steering clear out of it for now.. but im going to try if my baby refuses to get out after EDD.
will try out once i clear my works n baby weight is ok to be out. wanna faster hold my little boy n kiss his cheeks.

Tannie

miniClaire:642899 said:
My heartless hubby keep telling my baby to come out on my birthday which is in 1 week time, also happen to be week 37. That is the greatest birthday gift he gives me.....

omg....shouldn't it be the other way round? KNS!!!!!
Ha Ha tell him he will hv to get double gift for u if u give birth on that day. One for ur birthday n one for making him a father.

xiaoxiaoli

My heartless hubby keep telling my baby to come out on my birthday which is in 1 week time, also happen to be week 37. That is the greatest birthday gift he gives me.....omg....shouldn't it be the other way round? KNS!!!!!
you're not the only one. my hubby also hopes for my baby to come out on my birthday, said next time can celebrate at one go, save money next time.. Initially was reluctant about it but come to think of it, not often do we have mother and children sharing same birth date. my bday 3 days before EDD, which means if she really comes out on my bday date, i spend my first mother's day with her. on some years, the birth date will coincide with mother's day so maybe not such a bad idea after all.. =)