EDD May 2012 Mummies!

Chendolgirl, I'm using avent and medela bottle, alternating them. This far I don't see any confusion. She's still latching on and taking ebm from bottle.

For mummies giving EBM at night, what bottles are u using? Any nipple confusion u encountered? I think I will follow u guys the way to feed ebm at night after CL leave. I will be using NUK bottles :) hope it works!
Thanks twentydec. I will give it a try! Hope my boy will not dislike my nipples :p

Gracecwz

Need help and advice. My massage lady massage my breasts and she said there is already milk but when I pump nothing came out and she said is due to nipples are short n small. What do I have to do to start give breastmilk where baby doesn't wanna latch on?
What pump r u using dear? For me, I need to massage the breast area outside the suction cup to achieve better results. And then tilt body forwards to make sure milk enters bottle.

Rukia

Need help and advice. My massage lady massage my breasts and she said there is already milk but when I pump nothing came out and she said is due to nipples are short n small. What do I have to do to start give breastmilk where baby doesn't wanna latch on?
What pump r u using dear? For me, I need to massage the breast area outside the suction cup to achieve better results. And then tilt body forwards to make sure milk enters bottle.
Do u get backache tilting your bosy. My back always ache badly after pumping.

Btw, anyone has a good and cheap reuseable nursing pas to recommend? Wondering id i sld get one cos duno how long my supply can last, cos my disposable pad are quite ex in the long run.

milkshake

Meilynn / chendolgal - I gave EBM to my girl at 4 weeks. Each feed takes about 15 mins and she can sleep at about 3 hours sometimes 4. That way u can get some rest without having to wake up so many times to latch and during latch baby normally wld fall asleep resulting in less milk to drink and causes more feeds in between. I'm using Medela Calma bottle (simulates breastfeeding) and my baby has no issues. I also bought tommy tippee slow flow for breast feeding 0 month for her to try and she is ok to. So I alt between latch and EBM. EBMs are usually for night feeds so we can get a bit more rest.

And yes my baby makes noises like grunting noises when she sleeps. My CL say she is stretching herself so it's normal but wld still need to check from time to time.

Climsp: I accepted tr friend request, pls add me in the group! Name- Jamie

Sweetoothz

add in abt 10 members in fb group le!! have changed the group privacy setting to Secret. so we can chat there in peace w/o letting relative or parent knowing!! hahaha
No wonder I cannot find.. Add me in also can.. Nick : Sytie Hamz
Thx climsp =))

Thanks milkshake. I will need to feed ebm soon. Will be sending my baby to infant care in Aug so need to start pumping to get used to it.

[/QUOTE]

Do u get backache tilting your bosy. My back always ache badly after pumping.

Btw, anyone has a good and cheap reuseable nursing pas to recommend? Wondering id i sld get one cos duno how long my supply can last, cos my disposable pad are quite ex in the long run.[/QUOTE]

Rukia, I have Avent breast pads. They are quite good n absorbent I would say. What disposable breast pads u using?

Traleen

Hi,
Just checking, do you all feed your babies ebm yourself or you get someone else to do the feeding... Cos I read from some place that should get someone else to feed ebm....

I am considering to feed my girl ebm as my hubby is sick and he is afraid that he will pass the virus to baby... Any issue if the mother is the one to feed ebm?

Meilynn

Wah why need 1.15hrs for bottle feed? She suck slowly?

Anyway saw ur gal's pic Meilynn, she's such a beautiful angel! :)
Juz done wif another bottle feed. Another 1.5 hours. My gal no matter direct latch on or bottle feed tends to fall asleep after 15 mins. Will took a while to wake her up to continue feeding. This will repeat again n again until I finally give up or she finished her feed. Dats y tiring

Hey milkshake, if we feed ebm at night, can we skip not to pump? Since we are feeding ebm so if need to pump means that we have to wake up more times.

Mummies, when ur baby is fussy at night feeding like crying, does your hubby wake up to help u? My baby not cooperative last night crying while feeding but my hubby still continue to sleep!! If weekday ok but weekend shd help lor!! So pissed!!

RedDevil

Juz done wif another bottle feed. Another 1.5 hours. My gal no matter direct latch on or bottle feed tends to fall asleep after 15 mins. Will took a while to wake her up to continue feeding. This will repeat again n again until I finally give up or she finished her feed. Dats y tiring[/QUOTE]

U can try to turn the milk bottle when they fall asleep and they will be awake to continue to drink. That is what my mum teach me and it works for my boy.