EDD May 2012 Mummies!

RedDevil

My hubby will wake up to help me to
Pacify our boy when I prepare milk unless he is too tired to hear our boy crying. So normally I will ask him go back to sleep after I prepare the milk. Sometimes he will feed our boy and pacify him go back to sleep and he will
Ask me go to rest.

Rzena

U can try to turn the milk bottle when they fall asleep and they will be awake to continue to drink. That is what my mum teach me and it works for my boy.
Same here. I either roll the bottle teat in his mouth, or pull/push the bottle slightly in his mouth, or tap his cheek lightly to prompt him to continue drinking. Usually works and he finishes his night feeds between 15-25 mins.

milkshake

Hey milkshake, if we feed ebm at night, can we skip not to pump? Since we are feeding ebm so if need to pump means that we have to wake up more times.
Hi chendolgal. You can skip but it depends if your breast is full or not. If you do pump I would just stick to 15 mins so I can go back to sleep. I still pump even tho i feed EBM cos I skipped once and my shirt, bra, nursing pad and pillow were soaked in milk :( of you latch one side you can pump the other side together to save time

Ixora76

Hi Ladies,

I am a slient reader here. But I do have a few questions, hope mummies can help me here. My boy is 1wk+ old and my milk supply is low. He tends to fall asleep while latching on and I have to supplement him with FM. So after getting used to drinking from teats, he tends to get lazy to latch on to get his milk after 5mins. I tried to get Medela Calma teat to train him to suck but he still gets lazy and only drinks 30ml each feed. But he can finish 60-70ml if he drinks from normal teats. Anyone has the same problem as me?

Gracecwz

Do u get backache tilting your bosy. My back always ache badly after pumping.

Btw, anyone has a good and cheap reuseable nursing pas to recommend? Wondering id i sld get one cos duno how long my supply can last, cos my disposable pad are quite ex in the long run.
Yes my back will ache. But no choice leh, limit duration of pump lor

milkshake

Hi Ladies,

I am a slient reader here. But I do have a few questions, hope mummies can help me here. My boy is 1wk+ old and my milk supply is low. He tends to fall asleep while latching on and I have to supplement him with FM. So after getting used to drinking from teats, he tends to get lazy to latch on to get his milk after 5mins. I tried to get Medela Calma teat to train him to suck but he still gets lazy and only drinks 30ml each feed. But he can finish 60-70ml if he drinks from normal teats. Anyone has the same problem as me?
He is probably used to a faster flow as compared to Medela Calma where it requires the baby to suckle for the milk. I alt my feed between latch, Calma and tommy tippee to get her used to it

miracle25

Pacify our boy when I prepare milk unless he is too tired to hear our boy crying. So normally I will ask him go back to sleep after I prepare the milk. Sometimes he will feed our boy and pacify him go back to sleep and he will
Ask me go to rest.
same here, hubby will sometimes wake up to pacify while I make d milk or vice versa & most of d time I'll feed bb no matter wat time is it as hubby is working. I do agree if its like Fri & Sat nite when they dun hav to work d next day, they shld help to feed too.

Rukia

Btw, anyone has a good and cheap reuseable nursing pas to recommend? Wondering id i sld get one cos duno how long my supply can last, cos my disposable pad are quite ex in the long run.
Yes my back will ache. But no choice leh, limit duration of pump lor
I am very worried i will get the long term backache prob associated with pregnancy. Cos beside backache from pumping, changing diapers, bathing baby all cause my back to ache very badly. Wonder if there r any back strengthening exercise or massage i sld do?

Rukia

Btw, anyone has a good and cheap reuseable nursing pas to recommend? Wondering id i sld get one cos duno how long my supply can last, cos my disposable pad are quite ex in the long run.[/QUOTE]

Rukia, I have Avent breast pads. They are quite good n absorbent I would say. What disposable breast pads u using?[/QUOTE]

I m using pigeon and hito disposable pads. Pigeon is gd bt ex on e long run, hito came foc with something i bought. Well, cant expect much from foc stuff...

Rukia

Ask me go to rest.
same here, hubby will sometimes wake up to pacify while I make d milk or vice versa & most of d time I'll feed bb no matter wat time is it as hubby is working. I do agree if its like Fri & Sat nite when they dun hav to work d next day, they shld help to feed too.
My hubby helps out too, and i can see he is really tired. Especially if he has to work the next day. Cos my baby is very fussy at night. Every night she will cry n not sleep for a few hours. Pd says its colic, but every night?? I m so tired as well. Give me a bed anywhr, anytime n i can slp immediately.

Gracecwz

Ask me go to rest.
My hubby and I will take shifts. He will handle baby till 3am, so I sleep early. Then I will wake at 5am to take over till the next day. Works quite well but both must be able to handle baby alone la. We use football hold most of the time.

climsp

Usually my hubby will stay awake for the last feed ard Midnite b4 sleep, ard 3 to 4 feed I will feed either he help or in deep sleep. Morning usually he will want to feed b4 go work. He say he need to bond w/ baby as he feel he dun really feel like a daddy yet!

Tat day when I hight fever, on the way to gynea side, he told me he still love me more, baby like no feeling yet. I dub know to happy or Wat.

Butt8rfly

Thanks Mummies twentydec, climsp, Meilynn and Tataro, for your advise on how to introduce baby to doggies...
I got my hubby to pass a cloth diaper and my girl's clothing for my doggies to sniff but they didn't have any special reaction. normally when my dog sniff my scent, he will go crazy if he doesn't see me, so i am abit worried that they will not accept her.

Mummy milkshake, i think your love will overcome any problem, if you have a second baby :) hearing you share about your kidney condition, makes me think that what i do (avoid carbo during pregnancy) was really a very small sacrifice!

Mummy climsp, i've sent you a friend request just only, please add me to the group, thanks!

my hubby doesn't really have time during weekdays, so i got him to kiss my girl before he leaves for work. when he is back, i get him to change her diaper before he sleeps. he tries to wake up when she cries at night for milk, but i always ask him to go to sleep. the point of childcare leave i feel, is for dads to take care of babies, not during all night feeds. i feel daddy bonding will be different as they never go through what we go through, they just can't bond with bottle feeds! my hubby also talks to her so that she can hear a male voice which i feel is enough.

Usually my hubby will stay awake for the last feed around Midnite before sleep, around 3 to 4 feed I will feed either he help or in deep sleep. Morning usually he will want to feed before go work. He say he need to bond w/ baby as he feel he dont really feel like a daddy yet!

that day when I hight fever, on the way to gynea side, he told me he still love me more, baby like no feeling yet. I dub know to happy or what.

Last edited:

Gracecwz

Hi Ladies,

I have exactly the same problem. Baby doesn't want to drink from calms teat. Will latch on properly only after a few tries, and fall asleep very soon.

I asked the massage lady, she says, no choice, baby too comfortable when having contact with mom. So I make do lor. Just let him latch on some times then when he fall asleep, stop. He will wake up very soon for more. When he does, I'll give ebm. At the very least he is still drinking bm

Gracecwz

Usually my hubby will stay awake for the last feed ard Midnite b4 sleep, ard 3 to 4 feed I will feed either he help or in deep sleep. Morning usually he will want to feed b4 go work. He say he need to bond w/ baby as he feel he dun really feel like a daddy yet!

Tat day when I hight fever, on the way to gynea side, he told me he still love me more, baby like no feeling yet. I dub know to happy or Wat.
Well, my hubby also has the same sentiments, even though he is really into the baby cuz he bathes baby everyday. He feels great sense of achievement when baby dun cry anymore during baths.

Hubby says if he has to choose between me n baby, sure goose me. Baby can have another one or adopt. We r the only one for them. Guess they just want to tell us that we are irreplaceable in their hearts. Which is very sweet.

Ixora76

I have exactly the same problem. Baby doesn't want to drink from calms teat. Will latch on properly only after a few tries, and fall asleep very soon.

I asked the massage lady, she says, no choice, baby too comfortable when having contact with mom. So I make do lor. Just let him latch on some times then when he fall asleep, stop. He will wake up very soon for more. When he does, I'll give ebm. At the very least he is still drinking bm

Hi Gracewz,

I am also trying to latch and feed him with ebm. But due to my low milk supply, I have to supplement with FM too. Guess I have keep switching between latching and bottle feeds.