EDD May 2012 Mummies!

RedDevil

yukim:662385 said:
Any mummies here exp redness n bleeding of wound for c sec? What will u do?
Do go back to see your gynae. U might be having wound infection. I encountered the same as.you and I'm given antibiotics.

welovbaby

Hi Mummies,

Thought of sharing what I found online, on how to burp a baby after feeding. Hope you will find it useful.

Burping a Baby: 7 Ways to Burp a Baby And Prevent Colic

1. Burping a Baby on Your Shoulder

With on hand hold your baby upright with her chin on your shoulder. Gently pat your baby's back, using the other hand. Walking around the room or sitting on a rocking or glider nursing chair helps move the gas trapped in the baby's tummy. This technique is especially good for a gassy baby. Do not forget to place a baby burp cloth over your shoulder.
2. Burping a Baby Sitting Up

Sit your baby on your lap and support his chest and head with one hand. Make sure to place the palm of your hand over his chest for support. With the other hand, pat gently your baby's back for 15 second, then wait for 15 seconds and repeat until your ear a burp. This type of technique works for stubborn bubble gas best.
3. Burping a Baby on Your Lap

Place a pillow on your lap and put a receiving blanket over the pillow to prevent from getting dirty. Now place your baby over the pillow with his tummy facing down. Gently pat or massage your baby's back. This is a soothing position for your baby. If your baby doesn't burp, pick him up and put him on your should. This will do the trick!
4. Burping a Baby In Between Feeding

If your baby becomes fussy while feeding, he has gas. You will notice that your baby will start pulling on the nipple and makes strange little noises. Stop feeling and burp your baby. Burp a fussy baby after each breast or after 60ml of milk. Switch feeding position if the baby does not seem to be able to burp.

5. Burping a Baby After Feeding

Always make sure to burp a baby after each feeding. If your baby is 3 months old or younger make sure to keep him in a upright position after feeding. Put him in a baby swing or a infant seat propped up. Give him some time to burp and bring up any gas. Many newborn babies suffer from GERD or gastroesophageal reflux, this prevents the milk from coming back up.
6. How to Burp a Baby at Night

A fussy baby during the night is most likely also a gassy baby. If you think your baby has gas, pick him up and burping may be all he needs. If you feed him during the night, wait a little before putting him down flat on his back to sleep.
7. How to Burp a Baby On a Yoga Ball

If you have a yoga ball. Place your baby on the ball with his tummy facing down on the ball and firmly hold your baby while you slowly make circular motions with the ball. Another way is for you to sit on the ball holding your baby upright and bounce up and down gently. This way to burp a baby, works pretty well every time!

Extracted:
Burping a Baby: 7 Ways to Burp a Baby And Prevent Colic

sunkissed

Hi mummies!

The thread became so quiet after moving to fb :( anyway have you all heard anything abt drinking cold stuff causing lao sai in babies?? my CL told my MIL that. then she said when she went to visit my baby yday, the stool was watery and smelt like diarrhea. i wasn't around so couldn't verify but if the nurses didn't mention anything, it should be fine. now she keeps insisting i don't drink cold stuff but i figured there's no diff when im giving her ebm which was frozen/chilled before anyway.

Meilynn

Hi mummies!

The thread became so quiet after moving to fb :( anyway have you all heard anything abt drinking cold stuff causing lao sai in babies?? my CL told my MIL that. then she said when she went to visit my baby yday, the stool was watery and smelt like diarrhea. i wasn't around so couldn't verify but if the nurses didn't mention anything, it should be fine. now she keeps insisting i don't drink cold stuff but i figured there's no diff when im giving her ebm which was frozen/chilled before anyway.
Dear Sunkissed, U on FB? If not jjoin us there ya.

Hv not heard tt drinking cold stuff will cause Bb to hv diarrhoea. For my Bb, the poo is very smelly recently cos she constipated n never poo for 2 days. Poo was watery thou. I did drink cold stuff recently.. If wat ur mil said us true then maybe or for my case coincidences? Gues I wil check wif pd during my next visit in July.

Other mummies if visiting pd earlier maybe can help ask ard. Thks

magdalenechoo

Congratulations, All May Mummies & Mummies-to-be! :tlaugh:

If you are intending to breastfeed your baby but are not sure which breastpump suits you the most, we are providing MEDELA breastpumps rental services at affordable rates!

It is very crucial to try out which breastpump suits you before you spend few hundreds of dollars!
Medela PISA is $750 & Freestyle is $950 at retails!

For choice of breastpumps & their rates, pls visit
MEDELA Breastpump Rental Services (from weekly basis) :) :)

Happy Breastfeeding, Mummies! Strive on!

cupcakemum

Hi mummies! Been a while since I logged in.. Hope everyone is doing well with their lovely babies!

Would like to get an idea of how much milk your babies are drinking and how often.

My daughter is turning 3 months in a few days time. She's on formula 130ml every 4 hours. Pls share! :)

Fanger

How much milk to giv for 1mth plus baby? I initial gave 100ml fm for every 3 hours but bb keep vomit/puke milk out so I thought maybe too much already. Therefore reduce to 60ml for 2 hours instead and she puke lesser. Is this correct?

miracle25

my boy is 2 months plus, on average he drinks about 100-120ml per 3-4 hours interval. Just yesterday, we started to try giving him 160ml and he finished it for 2 of the feeds which are during midnight (4-5am and 8-9am feeds). This way he can sleep longer hours and I can rest too.. haha..

we are giving him Nan HA and on the tin, there is a guide stating for babies at 2 months they should be taking in 150ml.

miracle25

I would lilke to ask, how to you make the milk using formulae? Should u pour water into the bottle first or the milk powder first?

Currently, we pour water in first (e.g. 90ml) then add in the 3 spoons of milk powder. But after we stir in the milk powder, the water level increases to 100ml or sometimes 110ml. So should we take it that the baby is taking in 100ml or 90ml only?