EDD May 2013

marmalade

Any mummies whose baby has jaundice ? Mine was very high n admitted to hospital, going to discharge today but still a little high, doc said continue to sun him n go back for check up in June.

How to reduce ? We have already been sunning him when we brought him back. Any mummies with experience ?

Poppui

Hi cony, congrats for ur smooth delivery hehe

To destine, don't bother and stay calm ^^

To marmalade, my baby got jaundice on 2nd day after delivery and they did phototherapy only 1 day. My baby jaundice level 7.2, 9,3 & last test 11.3. I insist on BF my son to reduce jaundice and maintain my food intake (avoid ginger) I also sunbath my son but sg weather not supporting so i didn't continue sunbath my baby. PD said the jaundice will take 1 - 2 weeks to totally disappear and I must maintain his fluid intake. Will go for jaundice level test either saturday or next monday. Hope my info is helpful.

Hi cony, congrats for ur smooth delivery hehe

To destine, don't bother and stay calm ^^

To marmalade, my baby got jaundice on 2nd day after delivery and they did phototherapy only 1 day. My baby jaundice level 7.2, 9,3 & last test 11.3. I insist on BF my son to reduce jaundice and maintain my food intake (avoid ginger) I also sunbath my son but sg weather not supporting so i didn't continue sunbath my baby. PD said the jaundice will take 1 - 2 weeks to totally disappear and I must maintain his fluid intake. Will go for jaundice level test either saturday or next monday. Hope my info is helpful.
thank u poppui mummy.

Hello mummies :) i delivered on 17 may. Due date was 16may, but on my last check on 15, gynae said might need tobe induced on 19may lol.
Here's my account on that day

17may midnight - 5am: lots of brown pinkish discharge
7am: called kkh call a nurse, saying pink discharge is normal after vaginal check on 15.
7am-12pm: mild contraction, but geels more like stomach cramps. I was in bed the whole day, only weny to toilet
cos got the wanna pass motion feeling
1pm: called kkh call a nurse again, but she told me i was heard okay cos i could still talk properly hahaha
1-3.30pm: terrible stomach cramps
330pm: my mom n inlaw called cab n i went to kkh
415pm: checked, 3 cm dilated. I was literrally screaming every 2-3mins. The laughing gas didnt work, just made me dizzy
430pm: ask for epidural.
6pm: 4 cm dilated, doc on duty broke my waterbag
Then i slept for a while
930pm: nurse said bb heartbeat dropped. Called doc on duty n he checked... Could see my bb head!!!
Nurse immediately called my gynae
1000pm or so: gynae arrives.
1019pm: delivered my boy :)

He was 3.890kg, 53cm. Big baby hahaha

Now still trying to get used to the routine

Congrats all mummies here :) and for those who havent, jiayou! All your pain will disappear when you see your bbs :)))
Congratulations! Quite a good size baby. Give lots of love and cuddles. Rest well.

Any mummies whose baby has jaundice ? Mine was very high n admitted to hospital, going to discharge today but still a little high, doc said continue to sun him n go back for check up in June.

How to reduce ? We have already been sunning him when we brought him back. Any mummies with experience ?
Jaundice is how the body purge out toxin while the liver is still immature to filter toxin out effectively, it appears through the pores of the skin especially when you had epidural during the laboring process. You can sunbath your baby twice a way, drink more water yourself to dilute toxin in your body and continue breastfeeding. That's my experience and my understanding as a Health Crusader. Hope that's help.

woah... time passes...seems most mummies here already popped... who still on waiting list? I think mine will most prob b june bb....haha

Thank u dear for ur advice.i realli have to close one eye as i have no choice.MIL lookin aft bb when i return to wrk..hubby is supportive but sumtimes stress by me and was so piss off when he said tat if anythg happen in future to my boy,i need to answer to his dad as bb is his only grandson.made me feel lik im just there to give birth n tats all.at times my depression will be back but i try shutting my brain off.its hard but like wad Ping said,my boy needs me.. sigh..
I feel for you Destinee... similar to my situation when had my #1...hubby also annoyed by me and sometimes said nasty things. Made me more depressed...yah & elders tend to have a lot of advice (mil also like to listen to other aunties then come & say shld do this & that)....hope 2nd time round I can handle it better!

I feel for you Destinee... similar to my situation when had my #1...hubby also annoyed by me and sometimes said nasty things. Made me more depressed...yah & elders tend to have a lot of advice (mil also like to listen to other aunties then come & say shld do this & that)....hope 2nd time round I can handle it better!
ya Cherry..i.really hope i can pull tru..when is ur edd?

My edd's 2 June...but per last check already 3cm diallated, just if by mon I dun give birth naturally will go for inducement. Update u ladies then... ;) Mix of emotions, excited...scared...& sian at same time, coz have to go thru confinement & all that stuff again (roll eyes)....haiz

My edd's 2 June...but per last check already 3cm diallated, just if by mon I dun give birth naturally will go for inducement. Update u ladies then... ;) Mix of emotions, excited...scared...& sian at same time, coz have to go thru confinement & all that stuff again (roll eyes)....haiz
tats 2 days time! have a smooth delivery and all e best my dear! who is doing ur confinement?

cony

ya Cherry..i.really hope i can pull tru..when is ur edd?
Hi Destinee, I really hope you are coping well! Anyway MIL as a caregiver for a baby is better than maid or infant care! In spite of all, she loves your baby.
Unfortunately, I don't have any relatives who could take care about my gal and will need to look for other options after ML :(

cony

All the best, CherryFrozz! I hope your labor will be fast & smooth!

Hi Destinee, I really hope you are coping well! Anyway MIL as a caregiver for a baby is better than maid or infant care! In spite of all, she loves your baby.
Unfortunately, I don't have any relatives who could take care about my gal and will need to look for other options after ML :(
cony dear,ya nw i have to keep tinkin tat wadever she did,perhaps is for baby.jus dislike her opinion sometime..jus had a gd talk with hubby and we decide tat no matter wad happen,we talk behind closed doors..he too feel fed up of his mom..at least i have someone to talk to..but still gt limitation cos still his mom..haiz..so u lookin for who to look aft baby?

ping87

I fed my daughter water after breastfeeding her. Need her to pass out more urine to remove the toxin in her. So far, it works quite well.

Some old myths:
Method 1- use bitter gourd, boil water, bathe the baby.
Method 2- use herbs(go tcm n ask, they will show u) and boil and wipe the baby body.
Method 3- drink water chestnut juice(taught by a m'sian who delivers in msia, but I suggest don't try cos my daughter was like super cranky after drink it b she cry like dunno what )

I still persistent in letting my girl drink water to bring the level down. So far it works quite relatively well. But still going back to polyclinic to check once a week.

cony

cony dear,ya nw i have to keep tinkin tat wadever she did,perhaps is for baby.jus dislike her opinion sometime..jus had a gd talk with hubby and we decide tat no matter wad happen,we talk behind closed doors..he too feel fed up of his mom..at least i have someone to talk to..but still gt limitation cos still his mom..haiz..so u lookin for who to look aft baby?
Yeah, I'm thinking to put her to infant care. The only concern is hfmd, that is so common there :( But not many choices, I don't want to leave her with maid, because no control at home... And my hubby also doesn't like idea with a maid. There are also these aunties who take care about kids in there own house. I'm also thinking about this option, but they are also not under any control.

cony

Hi ping, so long haven't heard anything from you. How's your baby? Have you recovered after labor? How are you coping?