EDD May 2013

elyn

I had this with my #1 and we checked with doc last time. He said it's ok as far as it happened only a few times, not during the whole week or so.
Ok thx for the infor.. Is it due to the milk o wad? Need to change the milk?

cony

Ok thx for the infor.. Is it due to the milk o wad? Need to change the milk?
Doc told us that it's due to capillars are not strong enough yet. Only regular redish stool should cause our worries. And he was right, my baby had redish stool
a few more times and it stopped. Stool was also not hard.
I'm not sure about the milk, because it was BF.

elyn

Doc told us that it's due to capillars are not strong enough yet. Only regular redish stool should cause our worries. And he was right, my baby had redish stool
a few more times and it stopped. Stool was also not hard.
I'm not sure about the milk, because it was BF.
O ok thanks for the infor

Ladies, know for colostrum only need feed max each side 15mins...coz its so little anyway n may risk sore nipples....how abt for interim milk. R we supposed to feed until bb satisfied b it 1/2 hr or so?
Baby sucking should not cause sore nipples only if baby's position is not right. Feed until your baby is satisfied.

cony

Did Anyone experience baby crying non stop without any reason? I mean without any obvious reason - not hungry, not wet...

Poppui

Hi cony,

Maybe you over feed, keep ur baby upright after feed, try gentle massage around stomach, chest and back and cuddle ur baby. If can't stop better see PD.

roudx

They say colic baby, no matter how u coax them, they still cry. if ur bb cry but if u coax, or carry will stop.. Means maybe just want comfort. Sometimes they cry due to being over-tired.

ping87

Anyone of ur babies got jaundice problem?

I went poly today and last check the level was 187. Today was 183 and the doctor seems like saying the dropping rate v slow.. So end up took another blood test to do indirect and direct bilirubin.

I'm kinda worried now.. Anyone with experience and share?

Snowycat

Yes my baby had jaundice too. Level 180. Doc told me to let my baby drink more formula milk and it works. Milk to flush the jaundice out. And sun the baby for 20'min at 8am and 4pm. I did nt sun my baby cos i find the sun rays too strong. Now my baby is fine after the level peaks on day 7

Snowycat

Hi Poppui
Before i take fenugreek, i only have droplets of milk. With fenugreek, i can pump 20ml. Then recently doc gave me medicine( side effect is sleepy for mum) , milk supply doubled.

ping87

Yes my baby had jaundice too. Level 180. Doc told me to let my baby drink more formula milk and it works. Milk to flush the jaundice out. And sun the baby for 20'min at 8am and 4pm. I did nt sun my baby cos i find the sun rays too strong. Now my baby is fine after the level peaks on day 7
Haiz.. Initially my baby drink formula milk cos my BM haven't come.. Now my BM come I on fully BM and latch for her.. If really need to change, I scared the BM she might not want.. :(

Any mummies know when will milk increase if do power pumping. Been pumping every 2-3 hrs for 2 days now, seems stagnant? No matter how I pump only 20,30 ml...no increase. Issit normal?

Any mummies know when will milk increase if do power pumping. Been pumping every 2-3 hrs for 2 days now, seems stagnant? No matter how I pump only 20,30 ml...no increase. Issit normal?
It's perfectly normal. don't pump, best let baby sucks. Your baby will get more from direct latching. Your milk will flow as your body will produce oxytocin that helps with let down. Good luck and don't stress yourself.