EDD May 2013

Poppui

Hi Xiangxiangmama,

I did try latch on but baby always sleep and don't want to suck. Any advised to keep baby suck while I carry him? And how to know baby having enough milk or satisfy ??
I did try to touch his mouth, foot and hand but he always sleep. If I place him on bed, always wake up and end up I gave him formula

Poppui

Hi snowycat,

Thanks for ur advise.
I already bought fenugreek and lactating milk and seems working. I will see in a couple days.

cony

Hi Xiangxiangmama,

I did try latch on but baby always sleep and don't want to suck. Any advised to keep baby suck while I carry him? And how to know baby having enough milk or satisfy ??
I did try to touch his mouth, foot and hand but he always sleep. If I place him on bed, always wake up and end up I gave him formula
hi, poppui, it looks like your baby prefers bottle instead of direct sucking. It's much easier to get a milk from the bottle comparing to the breast...
when you put baby back and he wakes up, did you try to latch again? Another alternative is to pump...

Any mummies know when will milk increase if do power pumping. Been pumping every 2-3 hrs for 2 days now, seems stagnant? No matter how I pump only 20,30 ml...no increase. Issit normal?
some people just have little milk. I personally tried fenugreek but it doesn't help much too and i had to supplement with forumla. i wanted to total bf my baby initially and i really envy those who can pump like 500ml a time. now after 2 months, i get even lesser milk.... from 160ml to 90ml...50ml... and now 30ml... sigh... when did u gave birth to your baby?

Yes my baby had jaundice too. Level 180. Doc told me to let my baby drink more formula milk and it works. Milk to flush the jaundice out. And sun the baby for 20'min at 8am and 4pm. I did not sun my baby cos i find the sun rays too strong. Now my baby is fine after the level peaks on day 7
you can sun the baby from 7am to 10am. that was what my doc advised me to do when my baby had jaundice. if not you can admit your baby to the hospital and put them under phototherapy. if you can't bear to leave your child at the hospital, you can rent then equipment home. becareful cos high jaundice can lead to brain damage!

Hi Xiangxiangmama,

Hi Poppui, ya it can be frustrating sometimes. Try talking to your baby while feeding to keep baby alert.

some people just have little milk. I personally tried fenugreek but it doesn't help much too and i had to supplement with forumla. i wanted to total bf my baby initially and i really envy those who can pump like 500ml a time. now after 2 months, i get even lesser milk.... from 160ml to 90ml...50ml... and now 30ml... sigh... when did you gave birth to your baby?
Now almost 2 weeks old. yah tried fenugreek before for my #1 didn't work at all. Now #2 trying to up my supply sooner the better. hopefully by 1 month can match his demand (60ml formula)...my night pump is 60ml at most but he seems to get hungry much faster with breast milk. Can't last 2 hours.

You ever got 160ml per pump before? That's quite good vol. I never got that no matter how I squeeze & pump.

belovedchloe

My son has been dl on 1 side and I will pump the other, alternating at each feed. Each time I pump, I can get around 50 - 100ml. Is that volume considered low, average or high? My son is 6wo today.

Hi belovedchloe, I don't think it really matters as long as your supply is enough to feed your child. 100ml is good volume for 6 wk old bb.

Any1 doing confinement right now? My cl is driving me nutz sometimes...after I bf, always wanna feed son full volume of EBM. Again & again I stopped her since already bf, should cut down right? simple math? Today give her benefit of a doubt, I let her feed full, then my son puked the whole thing out....haiz...super heart pain, my 1/2 hr of hard work down the drain........

Any1 doing confinement right now? My cl is driving me nutz sometimes...after I bf, always wanna feed son full volume of EBM. Again & again I stopped her since already bf, should cut down right? simple math? Today give her benefit of a doubt, I let her feed full, then my son puked the whole thing out....haiz...super heart pain, my 1/2 hr of hard work down the drain........
Hi Cherry, all confinement ladies think that baby won't get enough from breastfeeding. Not sure where that belief comes from. I understand what you mean. You can only have a talk with her. Hopefully she can follow your instruction.

Poppui

Hi all mummies,

I am bit confused where to have vaccine for 1month old baby coz my friend advised me to see PD. she also mention vaccine also can cause fever if didn't take from PD. is that right?
Please share ur experience from polyclinic and also in poly, will they check baby development ?

cony

Hi all mummies,

I am bit confused where to have vaccine for 1month old baby coz my friend advised me to see PD. she also mention vaccine also can cause fever if didn't take from PD. is that right?
Please share ur experience from polyclinic and also in poly, will they check baby development ?
Hi Poppui, what vaccine are you going to do in 1 month? Our vaccination will be only in 2 month...
We did last time in Kkh and doc yes, checked baby development. Honestly, any vaccination can cause a fever regardless where you take it. Our doc even gave us panadol just in case. My son never had fever but was always cranky after that.

B3b3

Does ur baby fussy and do cluster feeding? my bb does it everyday from 9pm - 12am. feed every hour and will latch then unlatch then cry then repeat again! so tiring! bb is week 5 soon

cony

Does ur baby fussy and do cluster feeding? my bb does it everyday from 9pm - 12am. feed every hour and will latch then unlatch then cry then repeat again! so tiring! bb is week 5 soon
when my baby does this, it means she needs to burp or there is no milk in the breast.

Does your baby fussy and do cluster feeding? my baby does it everyday from 9pm - 12am. feed every hour and will latch then unlatch then cry then repeat again! so tiring! baby is week 5 soon
Ya me. Baby currently 2 weeks and feed almost every hour in the early afternoon. Latching him every hour and supplement with formula if he still unsatisfied. Mayb growth spurt? I read baby will have growth spurt 2,3 & around 6 weeks. Shld pass in few days or weeks time?

<keeping my fingers crossed>

Ya me. Baby currently 2 weeks and feed almost every hour in the early afternoon. Latching him every hour and supplement with formula if he still unsatisfied. Mayb growth spurt? I read baby will have growth spurt 2,3 & around 6 weeks. Shld pass in few days or weeks time?

<keeping my fingers crossed>
Try exclusive breastfeeding is most ideal. Baby develops colic normally between 2-6 weeks. I am reading the book Blissful babies now will outgrow it by 3-4 months. Try burping and massaging your baby will help. Calm baby's central nervous system and it will reduce this condition.

Hypnobirthing Infant Massage