Edd nov 2011

missyqiqi

Really ah, u make me happy for my tummy cramps hahaha!

Just few mins ago I got a bad tummy cramps but still bearable maybe later let my gynae know see got any good news a not haha.. I'm crazy!

I just hope my water bag don't burst while at work or outside it will be messy haha... >.<

didy how u coping so far? Ur mother or MIL or confinement lady helping u??

hotmilktea

dear mummies, finally have some time and energy

20.10 : weekly gynae checkup for week 38 in morning. as i always posted, i do not have water retention and keep peeing throughout the day every hour or more. but during checkup, water level always enough, and i normally is low blood pressure. but the check up at 38, gynae said my water level is dropping and then my blood pressure is high. then check me, i am 1.5cm dilate. gynae discussed and said he wants to induce me tmr and want to get the baby out, because firstly he is full term and totally fit to be delivered, and also staying or waiting till he is ready will not do him any good and for me esp with the sudden blood pressure.

OH MY GOD. i wasnt expecting to be induced, although i am waiting for him to probably pop around this week! so super freak out suddenly, but still ask hubby bring me go eat bah ku teh first, then go home i do all the laundry, pack bag, took out the breast pump and all the milk sterlizer. then i took a nap, shower and then we go have a quick dinner, off we go to hospital because got to check in at 8pm.

8pm: checked in, nurse check for dilate and insert pills for induce, contraction starts, cannot move for an hour and baby heartbeat monitor on a chart for an hour also. contraction painful but bearable. try to sleep but too scare and keep worrying because i heard induce labour is very painful. and also nurse said got water leak, very pain, blood, means got to wheel me in immediately. if not means tmr wait for gynae

5am: throughout the time, nurse check my blood pressure - instructed by my gynae. at 5am, woke me up, pump enema, then had a light breakfast. then 6am sharp to the labour ward. do all the necessary cleaning and lie on bed,

6.55am : gynae , poke my water bag, put on the drip for me, contraction starts. by then i was still at 1.5cm dilate only. the contraction build up quickly and i request for epi. lucky is at this time i request, coz that doc needs about 30mins to be here.
7.45 he arrived, and i already painful and only 3cm dilate. epi starts. freaking pain also...then leg numb slowly and pain gone. but shiver and trembled and feel nausea, also not very comfortable lor, not totally relieve and just wait for labour. feel weak in fact, keep dozing off, but every 30 mins will shiver. nurse keep reducing my dosage from 10 to 8 to 7 to 6 only.
9am : dilation takes its time, opening up...i sleep mostly.
11am: 6cm
12-1pm: 7-8cm
1.30pm: baby heartbeat shows distressed, nurse worried, called gynae, gynae say he will come soon. then i am 9cm dilate, nurse ask me to start pushing.
2pm: gynae came, keep pushing like i never poo my whole life before. by 10mins push, everyone suddenly worry, keep encouraging me to push because apparently my gynae wants him out in 10mins because the earlier distress heartbeat is not good for my baby. but then i couldnt anymore and baby face was facing up, this situation only can use vacuum and forceps. So while i still push really hard , gynae use forceps to deliver.

another 10mins pushing and forceps, my baby boy is born. but heart super pain coz forceps make his head long and out of shape. but so long he is healthy, i am very contented already. @ week 38 and 1 day, 2.79kg.

epidural wear off at 7pm and the real pain starts !!!!!! stitches pain till now :(

missyqiqi

Hotmilktea: thanks for sharing!! Glad u n baby r ok now. Don't worry about the head it will slowly be back in shape hugz!! As for the stitches will heal in 1-2 weeks if I'm not wrong. Can't understand the pain but when my sister delievered the first thing she said to me was "big sis, my C B pain!!" I got a shock haha coz he normally don't say this kind of words so I truly believed the pain is beyond imagination.

Now I'm waiting to c my gynae hopefully he can tell me I can give birth liao haha.. But admired u can go home pack do stuff then admit.. I think I will be more then happy to be in the ward ready to do anything!! Haha... I think I'm too excited

Btw: didy n hotmilktea when free show ur lovely baby photo ok :D *if u don't mind of coz..

Both of u must have a good rest, eat well n replenish whatever u need to yah..

missyqiqi

Just finish my gynae visit, baby gal is now ~3.1kg... not due yet T.T doc say too early haha coz my actual Edd suppose to be 19 nov but he forward to 1 week earlier few weeks ago so more or less will only give birth in another 2-3 weeks time... So he will check my cervix 2 weeks later

I told him I'm all ready to go haha...

YATIE75

Just come back fm my check up n my princess is doing great and rite now she's weighing 2.9kgs at 35 weeks n her head is really down there.... Seeing m gynaeagain in two weeks time n will do the ctg .... Hope she won't be gaining too much weight by then ... My fiirst son was delivered at 40 weeks weighing 3.02kgs , my second son delivered at 38 weeks weighing 3.47kgs . Guess thi kotl princess gg to be bigger than the 2 brother .... Hehehhe ......

durianfan

didy & hotmilktea - once again, congrats and thanks for sharing the birth stories.. pls rest well.. how's your new bundle of joy doing ?

didy - your boy is so sweet... wait for daddy to come back.. deserve a big big mauck from daddy and mummy..

Sherwawa

Dear mummies

Thanks for sharing yr birth stories wif great details. It does prepare me mentally. And yes, my hospital bag is alr packed. On standby mode.

hotmilktea

thanx durianfan ! but now its a whole new set of problems again !

qiqi, i wld love to share my baby photos, but i dun have any url :x

didy & hotmilktea - once again, congrats and thanks for sharing the birth stories.. pls rest well.. how's your new bundle of joy doing ?

didy - your boy is so sweet... wait for daddy to come back.. deserve a big big mauck from daddy and mummy..

missyqiqi

yatie57: i think more or less will be 3kg + also since ur previous 2 is also more than 3kg :D

Sherwawa: me also hospital bag ever ready!! haha.. inside my hubby car now. .>.<

hotmilktea: u can use picasa, imageshack etc, those online photo album to share ur photos no only to us to ur friends also can :p

vis

didy and hotmilktea,

thanks for yr birth stories, prepared me what to expect during labour.. =)
have a god rest and confinement..

missyqiqi,

good to be well prepared and ready for ur baby's arrival. =) me also now in waiting games... though my EDD is 15nov.. =) after seeing ur excitedness, oso make me feel excited too.. hahha

vis

hey mummies,

why not add each other in facebook, so can update our babies' pictures? and we can update each other our babies progess too.. =)

Any mummies here experiencing Braxton hicks contractions? My EDD is 28 Nov but I've been having quite frequent Braxton hicks contractions nowadays. 1 hour at least 2 to 3 times which will last for a minute or so each time.

missyqiqi

I only know i'm having contraction until yesterday.. haha.. me very slow.. coz everyone said is like menses cramp even my sister also said the same thing. But mine is tummy cramps, which actually is the contractions.

my doc said, if the contractions is intermediate and no matter which position u r in u still feel pain then its the true labor..

I only know i'm having contraction until yesterday.. haha.. me very slow.. coz everyone said is like menses cramp even my sister also said the same thing. But mine is tummy cramps, which actually is the contractions.

my doc said, if the contractions is intermediate and no matter which position u r in u still feel pain then its the true labor..
Mine feels like the tummy suddenly very tight and hard. It can get rather uncomfortable when it happens. Aft a while, the tightening loosens n tummy will go bck to normal. Throughout the day this feeling will come and go.

bangalah

Hi mummies, im in my week 37. Kinda excited n anxious when my baby will pop out cos this is my first pregnancy. Haha... So far stomach no cramp n nothing unusual. My Edd is 16th nov.

vis

Hi mummies, im in my week 37. Kinda excited n anxious when my baby will pop out cos this is my first pregnancy. Haha... So far stomach no cramp n nothing unusual. My Edd is 16th nov.

im oso in week 37... EDD is 15th nov =) where will you be delivering yr bb?

janicehoon

hi all mummies,

Can advise where to get information to select baby chinese names ? any website or link to recommend ?

Thanks in advance :wong29:
Happy Deepavali !!

Last edited: