EDD Nov 2012 mummies here

U r welcome. We bought it at the taka fair in July but you can go view the full range at baby hypermart at Kaki bukit. They have the full range of peg perego there as well so u can make comparison. Think they also carry quinny n Maclaren too. Didn't buy quinny because it's bulky when folded and certain models need to remove the seat before folding. For Maclaren, read lots of good reviews but I feel it's more suited for bigger kids because cushioning is not so thick.

PockyMummy

I bought the combi 3.6kg pram during the Taka fair.. But come to think of it now, I'm beginning to get worry because I can't hang heavy things on the handle.. But was being attract by it's light-weight as i can easily carry the pram and my boy out for shopping if i'm alone.. :07:

ryuichi

I'm planning to buy combi stroller, because they are lightweight, but they are too light to hang shopping bag, is that true? So maybe I need to considerate another pram... Yesterday I got a bundle of tommee tippee steriliser, bottle and food warmer, 3 milk bottle 260ml, 1 150 ml bottle, pacifier, disposable breast pad, cadi ear and forehead thermometer, and insulated bottle carrier for $169 in baby fair. I think It's quite a good deal, although I'm not planing to give formula milk to my boy. Btw I have 1 extra baby pillow from my baby shower, anyone interested?

Last edited:
wobblymummy, becareful on drinking too much 'strength boosters' too close to labour. my chinese sinseh recommended to stop all the 'pou' stuff a month before delivery. It might cause more bleeding during labour.

If u all still feel pain then maybe can place a belly support underneath . I feel more tired not doing things. Maybe I'm a dance teacher n my student dance exam is on 21st Oct so can't help. Have to tahan till then. But I feel better when I teach then to laze around :)
Of cos I feel very tired at night. Oh drink chicken essence now.. Boost up ur strength in labor..

nature59

Hi mummies, anyone getting milk bags to store the breastmilk? I heard you can get it cheaper online. I' m thinking of getting them after the delivery in case i dont have enough breast milk. what do you all think?

Went for gynae review today. She said cervix is thicker now, phew!!!!! And baby size is okay, she's quite double standard on this hahaha baby is 2.4kg at week 33 n 5 days. She said deliver 37 weeks is okay though 35 n 36 weeks also can but baby will need to be under observation, drink more milk and pee n poo more. Anyway seems like resting more is working! So have to continue lor. Oh she said before 34 weeks, food we eat goes to the mummy, after 34 weeks, food we eat goes to the baby so she does warn me against eating too much carbs after 34 weeks in case baby blooms. Said if baby is 3.5kg n above, very hard to deliver.

When do u mummies intend to start expressing milk? My antenatal class said start between 1-2 months after delivery. I think I heard something about if baby not introduced to bottle by 4th month, baby will refuse the bottle. But she said if day time feed bottle, night time can try to latch on instead of using bottle. Seems like quite dilemma leh cos I read that once baby introduced to bottles, will refuse breast feeding already...

joasiss

Anyone wants to buy GNC fenugreek 100s? Im getting 2bottles from drugstore.com and they cost around $7usd with promo. Exclude shipping. Saw them selling at sgd$29 in gnc shop here.
The desitin diaper cream is also around us$5+ for 4oz. Only seen the 2oz ones selling here. Pm me by tonight if anyone wants to join my order for anything on the site.

nature59

Went for gynae review today. She said cervix is thicker now, phew!!!!! And baby size is okay, she's quite double standard on this hahaha baby is 2.4kg at week 33 n 5 days. She said deliver 37 weeks is okay though 35 n 36 weeks also can but baby will need to be under observation, drink more milk and pee n poo more. Anyway seems like resting more is working! So have to continue lor. Oh she said before 34 weeks, food we eat goes to the mummy, after 34 weeks, food we eat goes to the baby so she does warn me against eating too much carbs after 34 weeks in case baby blooms. Said if baby is 3.5kg n above, very hard to deliver.

When do u mummies intend to start expressing milk? My antenatal class said start between 1-2 months after delivery. I think I heard something about if baby not introduced to bottle by 4th month, baby will refuse the bottle. But she said if day time feed bottle, night time can try to latch on instead of using bottle. Seems like quite dilemma leh cos I read that once baby introduced to bottles, will refuse breast feeding already...
Hi Katherine, good to know that things are better for you. So hang in there!
I think got to play by ear, my friend had to use bottle to feed her baby with breast milk coz its harder for her baby to latch on. And she mentioned that its more convenient to express out so other family members can help to feed the baby.. latching on definitely helps with bonding but its also taxing on mummies..

Thanks nature!

Joasiss, one of my friend was saying that desitin has zinc which reduces the rashes but she recommends not to use when there's no rash. Use skin lotion instead as a protective layer

Katherine57, so happy to hear that everything is going well! Most say try to start introducing bottle by 1 month so that baby dont completely reject the bottle. You can still breastfeed, and if it has been established well, there shouldnt be problems switching between both. Different babies are different though. Guideline is for baby to finish milk in 15mins+/- if baby drinks too fast from bottle he might lose interest in the 'extra work' he is doing breastfeeding, so getting the right nipple to bottle feed is also important.

with regards to desitin, I heard of the avoidance of zinc too... but sometimes if rash is too bad, you will need a stronger diaper rash cream. alternative is to use baby lotion/moisturiser for preventive action for diaper rash and only bust out desitin when it gets bad. because unfortunately if baby has a bad case of diaper rash, (s)he will suffer if its not cured soon too....

Hmm but because I'm going to work part time so I can still breast feed most of the days so I'm thinking how should I manage the bottle part...

Hi Katherine

u mention after 34 weeks, food goes to bb..if I drinking cough syrup n lozenges how? Opps..still got a little cough after 2 weeks :)

Hi All
can know what brand of baby lotion/mostiturzer to buy for daily use for nappy rash? I saw others recommend mustela nappy cream for daily use..is it ok?

Thanks so much.

Hi barneybaby, I also don't know leh but I think my gynae is referring more in terms of the nutrients we take in, that baby will absorb more. When I had flu n cough previously, I also asked doctor about the medication he gave me. He said they are safe for pregnancy and if it is just cough n flu, it is limited to the respiratory tract, won't affect baby unless it's very serious infection. But do take care!!!

My gf who told me not to use desitin is using sebamed baby cream. I haven't decide if I want to go with that or consider other brands. Mustela had good review also....what about the others??