EDD Nov 2012 mummies here

moonbeam

Yes, im so exhausted.. my hubby works so ive been doing almost every feed since a week and half ago. I get like 1 hr then another 2 hours of sleep every night.
My lochia has turned bright red again and i read its because i do not have enough rest. Wrist and knuckles are hurting like crazy and cannot bend in the morning. Dunno how im going to continue...
I feel you. I've been doing the same for 3 weeks. My baby can't latch properly and hurts me so I have to feed ebm, burp him, change diapers, pump, wash up, sterilize etc. Hardly any rest. And ya, my lochia also turned bright red since last week. My mum helps me in the day but somehow I still don't get much rest. Been surviving on 2-4 hrs rest each day. All the washing and massage (to clear engorgement) has taken a toll on my fingers and hands too, as though rheumatism has already strike. Looking forward to the day he can latch and feed directly so that can cut down on the things to do. Hope we get there soon.

B zhai

Sounds like all mummies are really busy! My cl is leaving this Sunday and I'm so worried about taking care of bb ourselves. Worried about not being able to read baby cues for what she needs or wants. Worried about not enough sleep. Hope maid can help much but worried she won't do a gd job. Worried this and that!!!

Sounds like all mummies are really busy! My cl is leaving this Sunday and I'm so worried about taking care of bb ourselves. Worried about not being able to read baby cues for what she needs or wants. Worried about not enough sleep. Hope maid can help much but worried she won't do a gd job. Worried this and that!!!
B zhai jus see it in a positive way. U r fortunate enough to hav a maid so all the washing up jus leave it to her. U jus concentrate to look aft bb. Rmb dun stress. Stay happy... Happy mummy, happy baby , happy family :) JiAyou :)

PockyMummy

Teriwinkle...... If I'm not wrong you order your baby shower buffet from XinYiPin right? How are their serving portion? Is it more than enough or just nice only? Cause I'm intending to order from them but I'm curious how's their serving portion is like.. =)

teriwinkle

Yup, I ordered for 30pax but I have ard 50 guests. Just nice, left a bit only. But overall depends on the appetites of your guests lol.

PockyMummy:730916 said:
Teriwinkle...... If I'm not wrong you order your baby shower buffet from XinYiPin right? How are their serving portion? Is it more than enough or just nice only? Cause I'm intending to order from them but I'm curious how's their serving portion is like.. =)

Ok.. Thank you.. =)
Pockymummy, I catered from them too for 60 pax n i had about slightly over 60 guests. Still have leftover for rice, veggies, fish, pork ribs and drumlets. The others got da ba by guests. Cupcakes n ang ku kueh finished though. Food quality wise, ok only. The meat are quite tough but it's ok LAN, the guests won't bother abt the food on that day one.

Thanks teriwinkle for sharing where you shaved your baby's hair :wesmile:

By the way mummies, any of your babies don't sleep for very longin the day? Mine sleeps like 1-1.5 hrs and will wke up. Sometimes only sleeps for 30 min, not sure if anything is wrong with him.

PockyMummy

Pockymummy, I catered from them too for 60 pax n i had about slightly over 60 guests. Still have leftover for rice, veggies, fish, pork ribs and drumlets. The others got da ba by guests. Cupcakes n ang ku kueh finished though. Food quality wise, ok only. The meat are quite tough but it's ok LAN, the guests won't bother abt the food on that day one.
Ok... Noted.. I just placed order with them but I order the normal buffet instead of baby shower menu because my MIL will prepare glutinous rice, Ang Ku Kueh and Red eggs so no point ordering baby shower menu.. =)

teriwinkle

Yes especially in the afternoon, I have to play with her for 3-4 hours before she falls asleep for an hour or so only. Then subsequently slept for around 30mins. She sleeps quite late in the night too, abt 1am (yesterday was worst, slept at 230am), woke up every 3hr intervals at night.

Katherine57:731106 said:
Thanks teriwinkle for sharing where you shaved your baby's hair :wesmile:

By the way mummies, any of your babies don't sleep for very longin the day? Mine sleeps like 1-1.5 hrs and will wke up. Sometimes only sleeps for 30 min, not sure if anything is wrong with him.

myminzz

Hi Mummies, If I only breast feed say once a day and subsequently I would like to increase the frequency of breast feeding. Will the supply comes naturally or it will not? any one has this experience? pls share with me. tks. I didnt do total breast feeding for the first month, only partly so im worried if there will be enough milk for my baby...

lyndi

Myminzz.. U have to nurse more often or pump more often. The body takes the cue from ur breasts. The more often it is emptied the more it will produce.

myminzz

Lyndi, tks for your reply.
I tried to pump but not much milk. Sometimes pump for so long only a few drops... Guess have to increase the frequency.

Isaac1112

Hi Katherine,

I had asked around for feedbacks...and finally confirmed with Hilltop Kb P/L. Lucky we are right...we like the food catered a lot. May stay with this tingkat service for a long time. For your reference:) ??????

Hi mummies, anyone catering for tingkat for the months after confinement? Any recommendation?

I have tried three:

Chu Wei San Tong - portions small/exactly right for one and sometimes food is of lower quality (they like to give fried sausages or some fried deli food that i dont like. taste is decent to good
Hilltop - larger portions and better quality food - sometimes i can keep for 2 meals if im not so hungry
Pregnancy diet food delivery - although it says pregnancy food, i think its healthier and desmond is very nice and accomodating. quality also ok - no deli meats and portion is generous!

Hi mummies, anyone catering for tingkat for the months after confinement? Any recommendation?

becareful not to overpump or you might get sore myminzz. you shouldnt pump more than 15mins at one time, better if you stop and massage in between and give a good massage right before starting to pump too.

Lyndi, tks for your reply.
I tried to pump but not much milk. Sometimes pump for so long only a few drops... Guess have to increase the frequency.

mine too!!

he asks to nurse every hour to every hour and a half sometimes, sleeps for less than 30mins. at night he used to sleep with every 3 hour feed - lately he has been waking up at 2 hr feeds

Yes especially in the afternoon, I have to play with her for 3-4 hours before she falls asleep for an hour or so only. Then subsequently slept for around 30mins. She sleeps quite late in the night too, abt 1am (yesterday was worst, slept at 230am), woke up every 3hr intervals at night.