EDD Nov 2013

Mashiiii

Judith:836955 said:
Hi ladies. :)
my EDD is 23NOV.
However my water broke on 27OCT & I give birth to my son on 28OCT 5.20PM weighing 2695 5 days premature. He's in special care now, so heart pain. :( :(
Judith, congrats!!! Thats around 36weeks right? 2.695kg is still a good weight, believe he will be out of special care soon:) you can fatten him up through bf! My niece was born 36weeks, 2.74kg. Through bf, she doubled nearly her weight in her 1st/2nd month. Most impt is bb healthy! :) rest well my dear

Mashiiii

Thelay:836810 said:
Good luck Mashiii.... We will wait for your updates...
Thelay - thanks! Im still having bloody discharge. Contractions are irregular, but definitely painful and causing backaches to me. Sighs. I experienced more contractions when sitting/standing. So im mostly lying down now. Will tahan till the contractions are stronger/closer. Im starting to freak out though. Not too sure what to expect :(

Judith

Judith, congrats!!! Thats around 36weeks right? 2.695kg is still a good weight, believe he will be out of special care soon:) you can fatten him up through bf! My niece was born 36weeks, 2.74kg. Through bf, she doubled nearly her weight in her 1st/2nd month. Most impt is bb healthy! :) rest well my dear
I can't bf! Cause he's at special care. Only can pump and feed bm. Hopefully he'll be okay, blood test results are tmr. I pray hard. :(
Thanks for your blessings!

lovedove

Hi all, i am new to this thread...so glad to find so many Nov 2013 mummies here...:)
My EDD is 14 Nov. My #3 baby already but still feeling super excited and now experiencing serious backaches...

Thelay

Hi Lovedove.. You and me same EDD.. How are u feeling? I also having bad backaches.. Trying massage and hot water bag to ease the pain..

Mashiiii

Feeling exhausted! I started bloody discharge on tuesday though gynae said baby not engaged and still high / lots of water on monday . Got sent home cause cervix not ripe. Next 2 days got painful abdomen contractions, then extended to backache as well. Contractions got regular and stronger last night at 11 - 5 to 7 mins interval. We came into hospital at 1am. 1.5cm dilate. Admit into hospital while monitoring. Contractions were bearable / unbearable at times. I tahan for 8 hours without epidural. But only 3cm dilate despite 2 mins contraction. Couldnt take it, ask for epidural. Took about 30-45mins to come. And it was heaven after epidural. I managed to sleep for few hours while the contractions continue. Cervix was fully dilate about 1pm. Pushed and wanted to vacuum her out, but I managed to push her out when I was vomitting. Lol. She's a girl. 3.05kg :)) one piece of advice, if u are 1cm dilate and cant take the pain, just ask for epidural. Sometimes 1st child can take long to dilate. If I took epidural earlier, my girl might be out faster :)) dont wait until u cant tahan the pain, cause it will take time for them to arrange for the epidural and for the effect to kick in. And the distress u are in will cause the body to slow down progress to give birth as well

lovedove

Hi Thelay, wow we same EDD...haha .My gynae predict i will deliver by 39 weeks...Yeah thanks... i tried light massage for my backaches...my mil said i drank too much cold drinks which caused those aches...Btw u drink young coconut juice already?

Thelay

Hi Thelay, wow we same EDD...haha .My gynae predict i will deliver by 39 weeks...Yeah thanks... i tried light massage for my backaches...my mother in law said i drank too much cold drinks which caused those aches...Btw you drink young coconut juice already?
wow.. how ur gynae can tell ? 39 weeks means next week... I am drinking coconut juice since third trimester..

CynLAI

Feeling exhausted! I started bloody discharge on tuesday though gynae said baby not engaged and still high / lots of water on monday . Got sent home cause cervix not ripe. Next 2 days got painful abdomen contractions, then extended to backache as well. Contractions got regular and stronger last night at 11 - 5 to 7 mins interval. We came into hospital at 1am. 1.5cm dilate. Admit into hospital while monitoring. Contractions were bearable / unbearable at times. I tahan for 8 hours without epidural. But only 3cm dilate despite 2 mins contraction. Couldnt take it, ask for epidural. Took about 30-45mins to come. And it was heaven after epidural. I managed to sleep for few hours while the contractions continue. Cervix was fully dilate about 1pm. Pushed and wanted to vacuum her out, but I managed to push her out when I was vomitting. Lol. She's a girl. 3.05kg :)) one piece of advice, if u are 1cm dilate and cant take the pain, just ask for epidural. Sometimes 1st child can take long to dilate. If I took epidural earlier, my girl might be out faster :)) dont wait until u cant tahan the pain, cause it will take time for them to arrange for the epidural and for the effect to kick in. And the distress u are in will cause the body to slow down progress to give birth as well
Hi Mashiii

Congrats~~ you are so brave! can hang on without epidural for so long..guess I just surrender once contractions start...Hope u and ur gal are all well and healthy~ Rest more, still a long journey to go, my dear!

happysoul

Want to advice everyone here to keep yourself well hydrated..it's very important and I realized it the tough way..

I have always been drinking good amount of water but unfortunately last week due to the consumption of other fluids I didn't realize that my water consumption got reduced and I got dehydrated. This came to the picture only when I went for my check up scan the amniotic fluid level was less than minimum level. My doc immediately adviced me to take CTG to see if the baby heartbeat is ok as the fluid is too low. Fortunately the heart rate was ok but she warned me that if the fluid level further drops down then she has to induce me immediately. I was not prepared for this and I broke down. I was not prepared to take up induction by 36 weeks..
For the next two days I had been consuming much water and other fluids to help recover the minimum level. Fortunately after 5 days the level has crossed the minimum level. I am still on lots of fluids and hopefully can nest my baby inside for few more weeks.

My doc informed me that if the fluid level is low, the body might get the message that it is time for labour and the pain may start though I am not full term. So need to take care with the fluid level. Also if the fluid level is low, the baby won't grow further.

So ladies take care, keep yourself well hydrated. Consumption of water, coconut water and isotonic drinks also helps..

rav3naers

Happysoul! Long time no chat! Glad to know that everything is okay now. I rem that our edd is only a week apart right? :)

rav3naers

happysoul:837376 said:
Hi rav3naers, my edd is 23 nov. how about you? How's your health, how's the little one doing? :)
I am doing okay so far. Little one is a super active. :) edd 30 nov but hoping to pop a lil earlier if bb is cooperative. Hehe.

joyfulmum

Hi mummies..will b popping a nov baby! Due date on 4th Nov, gynae says baby not growing anymore so gotta induce. Will be admitting this sun nite: )