EDD Oct 2012 Mummies

candizhu

My gynae arranged for me to be admitted tonite to induce.. hope to go for natural birth without epi.. but then my tolerance for pain is almost non-existent..

kwokm

I have delivered on 8 oct instead of my EDD on 25 oct. Bb came out a lil small only 2.3kg but healthy, no jaundice and latch well. So well that my breast felt soft all the time. Initially was feed by the hr for 30mins then poo in the next hr then feed another breast for 30mins then poo. So no time to sleep, nor go toilet. But now I've learnt to bf lying down so I get to sleep and bb pooing less about 1-2 time per night.

Im doing own confinement also, trying very hard not to bathe, no air con day time since quite windy only nite turn on air con but bb tend to hiccup & sneeze with air con so it's like 27 deg.

Those doing Chinese confinement, besides drinking red date, do u also drink plain water? I think I need to hydrate more but been drinking only instant red date drink and nothing else (except milk in the morning & soup for lunch & dinner). Having a lil sore throat, constipation (a bit of piles). Any advise to increase breast milk ss. starting on nursing tea. U think too early?

Tia

Jojoai

I don't drink plain water. And yeah super hot ! I on air con wherever I go. Don't know if the air con will affect baby. /:

diza

I bath daily but the water must be warm and I just switch on air-con and sometimes with fan too.. But I make sure to cover my son with a blanket. Even if i just use fan, the speed is up till 5 and i never oscillate it. Even my son feels warm if I switch on at a lower speed. He will be more cranky! It's normal for baby to sneeze or hiccup. My son does it everyday and it's nothing to worry unless you can clearly see ur baby is having a runny nose. Babies hiccups because maybe you did not burp them after feeding. When this happens, I usually let him latch for a while and it goes away.

kwokm

Jojoai pls share how u get sufficient water to hydrate yourself. What do I drink and how much.

Yea I also bathed yesterday with herbs as I had my colleagues over. Feel so fresh but I bathed twice with herbs liow. In 14 days. :p

Tia

Jojoai

I only 9 days. Hahaha ! I drink milo or red dates or room temp ribena. Before pumping 1 or 2 cups. Aft pumping 1 cups then sleep ~~

Jojoai

But I've got big problem latching on. My left has short nipple. But usually my left pump out 2 1/2 oz. while my right only 1 1/2 oz. can't really latch on. Baby gets grumpy always.

Angeldust

Ya, my baby also don't like latch on. My PD keep on encouraging me to latch on, but baby not cooperative. Feel very stressed. I pump every 2-3 hours also. I feel guilty when bottle feed him. Cried for few times because couldn't give him the best. Am I in post natal blue? :(
Most likely is baby blues caused by a drop in hormones.
Will get better as the days progress. Don't worry, it's normal.

MummyBeL

Hi Mummies,

Haix.. I got a little bit sad and depress.
Baby doctor told me that my baby abit jaundice and hearing a side not pass. I'm so worry and kept on crying now. Hopefully everythings is ok. :(

diza

Hi Mummies,

Baby doctor told me that my baby abit jaundice and hearing a side not pass. I'm so worry and kept on crying now. Hopefully everythings is ok. :(
Dont worry.. My baby got jaundice too. He's exactly 1mth tdy n still got jaundice. He was admitted the next day after discharge frm hospital and stayed there for 4 days because he was termed as high risk jaundice.. His level was high and was under 5 UV lights.

Jaundice is very common.. To get more info, read up on the Internet.. U will feel better after knowing the causes. Need support and advise frm other exp mums, go to another thread i created "BF babies with Jaundice" under BM mothers support grp..

Mreow Mreow

Hi Mummies,

Oh dear...
so sorry to hear that mummybel......

dont think so much ok?

will keep u in my prayers and hope your baby's hearing will get better......

MummyBeL

Hi Mummies,

Thanks for the comfort, encouragement n support. I got discharged but my baby gal got to stay there. :( They said she got jaundice don't know what 6.9, I also can't understand. Anyway I don't BF, so i hope that she can recover quickly n pick her home tml. I miss her badly. :(

diza

Hi Mummies,

Thanks for the comfort, encouragement n support. I got discharged but my baby gal got to stay there. :( They said she got jaundice don't know what 6.9, I also can't understand. Anyway I don't BF, so i hope that she can recover quickly n pick her home tml. I miss her badly. :(
I guess that means ur baby's level is 6.9 mg/dl which is actually not high and there's no reason baby should stay. Upon discharge, my boy's jaundice level was 9 mg/dl and he was released but the next day, it shot up to 17.1 mg/dl so gotta bring to KK immediately. His highest level recorded was 20.1 mg/dl.

MummyBeL

Hi Diza,

I got request to bring my baby gal home but the nurse don't allow as she sae this is the starting of jaundice and might raise anytime. So she advice me to stay in the baby for UV light. I really miss her as I'm a first time mummy. Kept worry n crying the whole day today. I hope everythings is fine. :(

diza

Hi Diza,

I got request to bring my baby gal home but the nurse don't allow as she sae this is the starting of jaundice and might raise anytime. So she advice me to stay in the baby for UV light. I really miss her as I'm a first time mummy. Kept worry n crying the whole day today. I hope everythings is fine. :(
I'm a FTM too and I cried on the first day he was re-admitted. My heart even ache when he was put under 5 UV lights. Don worry. Since u r not BF, it will go away soon. My son is on TBF so his jaundice will take a loooong time to go. But this is normal. I tend to read up and know more Abt jaundice so that I won't worry unnecessarily.

MummyBeL

Hi Mummies,

Sharing my good news. I received the doctor call from TMC.
They said that my baby gal can discharge as the jaundice go away and the hearing screen all pass.
I'm going to pick her up later. Thanks god as they heard my prayers. :wong3: