EDD Oct 2012 Mummies

PeiPei A

Mummies, how much milk are you able to express out?
My bb is currently taking 90ml or more, but sometime I'm only pump total of 70ml per session
Not enough.. How... :(

diza

Do u latch or only feed baby on EBM? Anyway, the amt u pump is not ur actual amt. Currently I pump just enough for baby. Usually I pump after he has finish his feeding. Sometimes I get a lot sometimes little.

PeiPei A

Do u latch or only feed baby on EBM? Anyway, the amt u pump is not ur actual amt. Currently I pump just enough for baby. Usually I pump after he has finish his feeding. Sometimes I get a lot sometimes little.
Usually not able to latch successfully so feed on EBM and smtimes topup with formula :(

Btw, shld nurse for how long for each breast? Or do u let the bb unlatch himself then change side?

Only managed to latched a few times, bb seems only take my right breast, nurse almost 45min. Not sure if he's getting enough
I pump out after, comparing the amt expressed from right and left breast, only 30ml difference... Can I judge like tat? Haha :p

diza

I don think u can judge like that. Normally, my boy latch on one side only. And I don't like to switch sides as I do not want to disrupt his feeding. Normally he will pull himself away when he's satisfied. Otherwise I slowly pull away if he fall asleep. And I will pump the other side out. Sometimes after pumping, my baby wakes up and wants to latch again. So far even after pumping, I can still nurse him. That's y I know pumping is not the actual amount I can get. But I make it a pt to try pump 100 to 120ml every time coz that is his usual intake.

MummyBeL

Hi Mummies,

I wonder have u all got any side effect after injection of the edpidural? My back and my hip like aching and can't even lye straight. :(

CherieSyd

Hi Mummies,

I wonder have u all got any side effect after injection of the edpidural? My back and my hip like aching and can't even lye straight. :(
My hip bone hurts too! Thought I was the only one. I still can't lie to my right side :( As for my back it hurt for a while but I had a hot shower a couple of days after discharged from hospital and changed my sitting posture whilst bf and that seems to work.

Jojoai

Mine only back ache. I suspect it's cos carry bb too long. My mil always carry till he used to it. Faints !! How many hours does your bb sleep for 24 hours ? Mine seems to sleep very little.

Jojoai

Mine only back ache. I suspect it's cos carry bb too long. My mil always carry till he used to it. Faints !! How many hours does your bb sleep for 24 hours ? Mine seems to sleep very little.

MummyBeL

CherieSyd:711526 said:
Hi Mummies,

My hip bone hurts too! Thought I was the only one. I still can't lie to my right side :( As for my back it hurt for a while but I had a hot shower a couple of days after discharged from hospital and changed my sitting posture whilst bf and that seems to work.
Hi Cherie Mummy,

You are not the only one. I felt so aching on my back and can't even lye whatever position. :( Yet I'm c-section, wound still not recover and painful. At least I'm not BF. My mum can help me feeds my baby girl while I'm resting.. :D

kwokm

Will jaundice cause pee to be yellowish and eyes to have yellow discharge ?
Hi Jo

Thanks for advise on water intake. As for jaundice I did hear the pee is dark brown. But I've not heard of yellow discharge in the eyes. Only the whites are yellowish. Generally very obvious.

CherieSyd

Hi Cherie Mummy,

You are not the only one. I felt so aching on my back and can't even lye whatever position. :( Yet I'm c-section, wound still not recover and painful. At least I'm not BF. My mum can help me feeds my baby girl while I'm resting.. :D

I went through c section too! The wound on the outside is healing nicely but not sure about the inside. Sometimes still hurts. Thank god my mom is here to help me out, otherwise don't know how I can cope !

MummyBeL

CherieSyd:711659 said:
I went through c section too! The wound on the outside is healing nicely but not sure about the inside. Sometimes still hurts. Thank god my mom is here to help me out, otherwise don't know how I can cope !
Ic... My wound also healing fast outside but sometime inside still abit painful when moving the wrong direction. It's good that our moms can help us up. Just the back aching is the most torture to me. :(

MummyBeL

Mreow Mreow:713719 said:
How's yr confinement Gg??

Did u engage a massage lady? :)

Yesyes, it's very good to have your mum with u :)
Hi Mreow Mreow,

My confinement is good. Just got my hair washed n first bath for my confinment. So comfortable without oily hair.

I didn't get any massage lady to help me buy yet i drop my weight about 10kg in a week. I guess my tummy too much water. That's what my gynae n my mum told me.

Confinement is good to have your own mum by your side rather than MIL. At least my mum take good care of me and knows what i really needs. :D

My baby gal still got some jaundice. :( Trying very hard to sun bath her.. Hope it will when down.

Last edited:

CheerieGer

Hi all, I just given birth to my baby boy on 16oct. My boy has jaundice and he is on total breastmilk. I was so upset when my boy needs to b hospitalized for his high jaundice. I kept crying. To make matter worse, my CL and mil sort of blame my bm for his jaundice n wants me to stop bm n give him formula.. I have been latching him since he's born, I'm afraid that once bottle feed him, he will not latch on anymore.. N my CL doesn't want to cup feed him.. Sigh, I feel so depressed.. I couldn't carry him long coz my c-sec wound occasionally still hurts.. I feel so sad when others can carry n play with my baby.. The only bonding time I feel is when I latch him on.. If he doesn't latch on anymore, I'll feel even more devastated..

MummyBeL

Hi CheerieGer Mummy,

I don't BF so I'm not sure. I gave my baby formula since she was born. Jaundice really makes every mummies worry and headaches about it. Now currently my baby also but not so high. You can ask you MIL to help you sun bath your baby or make the red dates drink. C-section must rest more on bed. Did your gynae give you any pain killer or antibiotics to recover your wounds? I'm also a C-section delivery and wounds recover quite fast although sometime it will abit hurts. BF alot of tonics cannot take, maybe like that your wound still not recover. Do take care of yourself..:D When you recover, you got alot of time to play with your baby.. Don't felt depressed. Always remember that your baby needs you. :D

Jojoai

Don't give up ! Cont bf. fm make the jaundice go away faster. Doesn't mean bf won't cure. Just takes longer time. Must jiayou sun bathe. My boy born 14 till now also jaundice. But I don't feed him fm. Only water. Cos I take a lot of ginger my mom say too hot. So feed water ~~ Jia you mummy !!