EDD Oct 2013

chweewy

Hi mummies. .I was reading the posts on attending antenatal class..I just attended mrs wong class..my feedback is she is definitely good..my colleague who attended tmc antenatal class but other trainer and when we cross reference there r some stuff that other trainers did not share...tsk tsk

But I feel u don't really need to book early cos by then u r due..u probably forget most of it. Alot of my classmates in the antenatal class r ard 6 mths n above...

Hope this info helps :eek:

OIC..thanks.. I've just checked, for Mrs Wong's weekend class it's $380 if i'm not delivering there.. eeks. I wonder if it's just her classes with hands-on or all of thomson's parentcraft?

I'll still consider NUH and maybe MT A like faithmummy suggested.. price is more acceptable.. If i pick Gleneagles it's coz my husband lazy to go far and go to too many lessons. =/

Oh I've also been borrowing some books.. I recommend this "Successfull Breastfeeding" by Sister Kang - she's a lactation consultant at Mount A.. I think BF is not easy so if want to do it must have good prep, especially mentally.

I've checked out gleneagles prenatal classes and yes, it's 300+ for 3-4 lessons and the topics i find, u can read or google yourself....I heard Mrs Wong's class have hands-on and I've got a few friends who attended her classes and told me she's good...so I thought i'd give her a try since this is my first time...

huiqin83

meowmummy, the detailed scan is 20-30mins. depend how cooperative ur bb is also. sometime they need to try again later if cannot get the angle for measurement.

mum e word, my friend oso say same thing le. she ask me go class in july. too early will forget everything. Im still waiting for july schedule to be out.

I've checked out gleneagles prenatal classes and yes, it's 300+ for 3-4 lessons and the topics i find, u can read or google yourself....I heard Mrs Wong's class have hands-on and I've got a few friends who attended her classes and told me she's good...so I thought i'd give her a try since this is my first time...
Hi TVH, If this is your first child, you may want equip yourself the knowledge of natural childbirth education. HypnoBirthing equip you and your husband to confidently welcome your baby as they know what their babies want(Study and Video on this). it is an interactive classes of 5 lessons. Charges is $495 but you will save on medical bill when you learn how to connect to yourself and your baby duringbirth. I highly recommend. Here is the link.

littlej

Joyfulmum - u know dr Chan's package rate right? Dr Chang is half price - really half, 50%off. But like I said, dr Chang told my hubby we cannot switch... Now my hubby wants to go ask dr chan if dr chan can give us permission to see dr Chang... I told my old man forget it lah... Scarcely piss off one and the other dun wanna take you in... My hubby feels that dr chan is a bit ya ya (proud)... And dr Chang is more down to earth. Btw I did some googling - seems like dr Chang dun take transfer patients?!?

And wait - mini bus to get to the valeted car at tmc?!? *faint* maybe another reason to stay with dr chan :)

On antenatal classes - my hubby almost fainted when I told him he has to attend at least 4 out of the 6 classes at tmc. He was like cant he just attend the taking care of baby part = 1 class. But I told him the lady at parentcraft centre said need him for the first 3 lessons cuz there are joint exercises to be done hence need a partner?!? Mistake to have told him that cuz he's now even more sian about it. I am wondering if I can skip the exercises part so I can excuse my hubby from those lessons... Anyone knows?? My yoga instructor will also be giving a 2 hour workshop on those joint breathing exercises for delivery which is the one I wanna sign up for me and hubby for... Hmm...

littlej, i think u can bring a friend/mum to partner u for the exercises.. i remember reading that somewhere..then u wont miss the classes and ur hubby is excused!

joyfulmum

littlej:788696 said:
Joyfulmum - u know dr Chan's package rate right? Dr Chang is half price - really half, 50%off. But like I said, dr Chang told my hubby we cannot switch... Now my hubby wants to go ask dr chan if dr chan can give us permission to see dr Chang... I told my old man forget it lah... Scarcely piss off one and the other dun wanna take you in... My hubby feels that dr chan is a bit ya ya (proud)... And dr Chang is more down to earth. Btw I did some googling - seems like dr Chang dun take transfer patients?!?

And wait - mini bus to get to the valeted car at tmc?!? *faint* maybe another reason to stay with dr chan :)

Littlej, i personally also feel dr chan abit yaya..haha.. so usually i get him to faster ultrasound n minimize conversation..lol. if the parking is so bad at tmc then ill rather stick to glen e bah.. do u usually go for sat consultations? Maybe we will bump into each other,can chat more..hehe

littlej

Hello joyful mum - me normally go on weekdays - last appt so I will go to office extra early and hence can leave slightly earlier too (with my boss' blessing!). I think my hubby will resign if we go on saturday. I went once a long time ago for my routine checkup and the wait was seriously super super ultra long :) as it is, my old man is complaining about the wait on a weekday... When is your detailed scan? Hee hee - then can compare your thoughts on both docs :)

littlej

I did my Oscar scan at Gleneagles and the detailed scan is at the same place. They allowed my hubby with me for the Oscar. Not sure about allowing an additional person if it is an adult - it was quite squeezy :)

Meowmummy

meowmummy, the detailed scan is 20-30mins. depend how cooperative your baby is also. sometime they need to try again later if cannot get the angle for measurement.

mum e word, my friend also say same thing . she ask me go class in july. too early will forget everything. Im still waiting for july schedule to be out.
Thanks huiqin83,
the reason i asked, becos one of my friend scan for 4hrs! Say that the baby position is not facing the right position. I thinking i better get the day off from work. Thanks.