EDD Oct 2013

huiqin83

Meow mummy: wa 4hrs for a scan! is way too long le. I dont think is good to be under the machine for so long duration. in between got break?

hopeformiracle: Im w20 n felt movement since last wk, i call it 'Popcorn' hahaa cos it feels like something pop inside me. Is quick n very mild, wont really notice it when u r doing something. I try tapping my tummy whenever i feel it, gt one time my bb will pop another time to answer me hahaaa is very fun!

Meow mummy: wa 4hrs for a scan! is way too long le. I dont think is good to be under the machine for so long duration. in between got break?

hopeformiracle: Im w20 n felt movement since last wk, i call it 'Popcorn' hahaa cos it feels like something pop inside me. Is quick n very mild, wont really notice it when u r doing something. I try tapping my tummy whenever i feel it, gt one time my bb will pop another time to answer me hahaaa is very fun!
Hi huiqin83, thanks for reply! Mine feels like wave or eye twitch but at the tummy. Does urs happen regularly? Like at a particular time of day or at least once a day? I hope what I'm feeling is really baby's movement but I can't think of anything else cause prev dun have such feeling and after feeling it for the first time, kept having it, just that not a regular basis so worries me if I dun feel it.

huiqin83

YES YES, is something like eye twitch at the tummy area! something like tt! I oso duno how to describe cos first time mummy hahaa I tell my hub ur son is popcorn inside whenever i felt it.

hmm I start to feel more since this week. Especially morning n night when im stoning in bed or sofa. Afternoon a few times only cos working. Dont have particular pattern or timing.

Dont worry if u dont feel it often now, probably u din notice it cos busy with things. we still consider early stage for bb movement. My dr din worry abt the movement yet. In few months time, we have to count the number of movement in a day. tt where we start to worry bb not moving enough.

huiqin83

could be wind cos we get bloated easily. or maybe ur little one is blowing bubbles inside den use hands go poke them hhaaa self entertainment

octkid

Hi mummies

anyone here consulting Dr SF loh?

now i am on 2 weeks hospitalisation leave due to spotting till 27 May when i will do my detailed scan. v excited and kind of worried too :). my EDD changed from 12 Oct to 8 Oct on the last consultation....

anyone happen to eat chicken cooked with chinese rice wine? I just ate that last night cos my mother in law cooked it. Only realised after eating... :(

huiqin83

hi octkid, pls rest well n make full use of ur leave to recover. my edd also change everytime i see dr. getting earlier n earlier each time, think im gona be sept mum soon if this goes on hahaa

we cannot eat chinese rice wine? i never eat tt b4. avoiding all herbal soup and bak gu tehnow

octkid

Hi hui qin, when is your EDD now?

rice wine contain certain percentage of alcohol content, but may be evaporated after cooking though... me still couldn't help thinking of it.... just have to be extremely cautious before eating anything now...

octkid

i just booked my confinement lady for $2,300.

if mummies here intend to hire one but haven't booked yet, may be advisable to quickly look for one cos I got mine after searching for a while. Din know confinement lady are now booked till Dec.

huiqin83

octkid: oo but I think ur mil din put alot right? if nt u would have tasted it .. I understand how u feel. my MIL oso like to cook 'liang' veggie n soup for dinner. I just eat other dishes... she even cook the tonic for me, I ask her isit dang gui, she say ya. I stop drinking immed. Then she go check with shop, say is nt dang gui. But i feel unsafe, dun dare drink.. pretend take home n hub drink instead.

my edd is 3 oct

Xtinee

octkid: oo but I think ur mil din put alot right? if nt u would have tasted it .. I understand how u feel. my MIL oso like to cook 'liang' veggie n soup for dinner. I just eat other dishes... she even cook the tonic for me, I ask her isit dang gui, she say ya. I stop drinking immed. Then she go check with shop, say is nt dang gui. But i feel unsafe, dun dare drink.. pretend take home n hub drink instead.

my edd is 3 oct
As same my mother in law she likes to cook cabbage soup and not nutrition food like processed fried food, in the end i can only eat rice and vege....
Yes dont eat dang Gui

Octkid, from SG motherhood article:
Alcohol
Consumption of alcohol increases the risk of miscarriage and birth abnormalities. As a safe limit of alcohol intake has yet to be established, it is best to avoid it completely. The alcohol content in some in over-the-counter cough and cold medications can be as high as 25%, so avoid self-medicating during pregnancy. As a rough guide, alcohol used in cooking, such as Chinese rice wine, may be safe to consume if the food has been simmered or baked for at least an hour.

octkid

thanks hui qin and xtinee!

i will take note of dang gui. sometimes it's really difficult not to eat the food, they may think we are not appreciative... but just have to do it.

we want the best for our babies :) pray that we have healthy happy babies!

TVH

Yest evening, I was lying flat on my back then I felt a sudden strange sensation at my lower abdomen. When I touched it, my uterus was rock hard. It kinda scared me but amused me at the same time. I immediately changed position cos I thought that was my baby moving and he/she didn't like me lying flat on my back. I googled and realised it was Braxton Hick contractions but I'm only 18 weeks. So early to experience contractions!?!

To add, it doesn't hurt though. It was just a strange sudden tightening feeling.

littlej

Hey tvh - think too early to feel Braxton hicks? Maybe it is baby moving?!?

My uterus is rock hard too. And sometimes I feel a funny sensation, like 'gu lu gu lu' tummy rumbles and contracts?!? and other times also got pop pop feeling?!? I just think it's baby doing Bruce lee movements.

Don't worry too much ok.

Btw I also heard better to lay on your side. My gynae told me 1% of women feel discomfort lying on the back and will feel faint. Maybe you belong to the 1%?!?

TVH i've been feeling that too! so that's what it is.. i read that Braxton Hicks start 2nd tri but very mild so we dun normally feel it.

acually i have alot of weird feelings when i'm in bed. i usually sleep on my side and i've been woken up by insistent 'tapping' from inside. like you, i assume its baby so i just switch to the other side. lol.until i get woken up and switch again!

chocobell

is it normal to experience slight pain near the uterus? like a cramp or something, but it only lasted awhile? anyone experiencing it too?

is it normal to experience slight pain near the uterus? like a cramp or something, but it only lasted awhile? anyone experiencing it too?
yup its due to the uterus expanding and all the ligaments there relaxing. but shd mention it to ur doctor though. as long as not painful cramps shd be fine.

you know, sometimes all these new things we're feeling can be so unnerving!