EDD Oct 2013

My gynae just confirmed I'm having a boy :)
Seems like many are having boys...

I've been feeling alot of movement in my lower abdomen yest...maybe because I'm down with flu and took medication. The little one is like very restless inside me, I can feel it tossing and turning. Today the u/s also showed that he keeps moving his hands too. Restless baby. I heard my friend say that if you want to feel fetal movement, take a sip of cold water, it works for her. Maybe can try? Just a sip will do.

natalie, I'm looking for that kind too. I don't want anything too heavy as I cannot manage alone if my hubby isn't around to help me with the stroller. Everything is so ex though. My hubby just got a second hand infant car seat. One thing settled, more things to go.
i also have quite a no. of things to buy...since it has been so many years since my daughter is a baby...frankly i dont like to bring the stroller out when i am out alone with her as it is too troublesome and she seems so small inside the stroller.. always worried whether she will slip out...hahha

i would usually use baby carrier (sarong) or carry on my arms...but that is my views la...

is it normal to experience slight pain near the uterus? like a cramp or something, but it only lasted awhile? anyone experiencing it too?
I do! I have pains in the lower abdomen and i googled baby Center and it says could be Round Ligament Pain.. every move i make now is painful.. feels like stomach stretched like crazy.. :(:( Couldnt sleep last night due to the pain.. No spotting or blood

Xtinee

I do! I have pains in the lower abdomen and i googled baby Center and it says could be Round Ligament Pain.. every move i make now is painful.. feels like stomach stretched like crazy.. :(:( Couldnt sleep last night due to the pain.. No spotting or blood
I have some pain in between my legs also, its very painful when i stand up or change sides on bed. Tried putting a warm pack on it yesterday, and it ease the pain,
if you have a bath tub, its good to get in also, but the water MUST be a comfortable temp

i'm having a girl!!

the detailed scan took almost an hour for me.. baby was quite cooperative. but my tummy feels sore from all the prodding. hehe..
time to start shopping :)

i did the scan at gleneagles..i have a series of sonogram pictures and most of them i cant figure out which is what part. lol. but doc says all seems normal for baby so i'm thankful.

Luvthemoment

I had my scan at Thomson medical.though its a Monday,but waited for around an hr before it was my turn.my scan took around 30 mins,after that collected the report and met my doc. Doc said baby looks normal, and I'm having a boy :)

littlej

Wow everyone seems to be getting stuff already. I am still happily shopping for myself - like ooo, can't fit into my shorts so need to get maternity shorts... Ooo, need bigger tops now...

My man said dun get so early just in case... Sigh. His "just in case"-Es always frighten me and so I stop myself from looking at the baby stuff too. That said, I believe that the big man up there will help protect my lil' muffin... Anyway, I told my man that if we end up going on a last min spree, he has to pay cuz he doesn't wanna go for any of those sale!!

i know what u mean littlej... the 1001 what if's drive me crazy..some more tv shows sometimes have sad cases, make me emo also... my hubby is the more positive one.

buying stuff for yourself is a good start!! also, whatever faith you are, just keep praying.. there's only so much we can do with our bodies and minds.. ;)

happy happy shopping all! got good deals must share ah. hehe.

spyvonne

hi alisa,

were u told by lvl 4 staff about the package for oscar and detail scan? Nobody told me abt it. Haiz. Im going detailed scan this week. Already paid for my oscar last month separately le. sob

spyvonne

does anyone know how often are suppose to feel bb movement now? I felt it quite a number of times everyday, but this morning i still haven feel anytin. usually morning i get 1-2 times feeling. worries me ...
hi!
i get baby movement bumps when i was 15 weeks liao, now 20. Now lesser as tummy "hardened/thicken". its natural. my gynae say cos baby shifted/ resting so u wont always feel the movements clearly. real movements and monitoring starts in 3rd trimester.

spyvonne

hello all!

im 20 weeks this week.
but my edd at dr yvonne chan, tmc, often changes. ranging 7-17oct. lol
and she says i might premature. realized her charges very high too. so changing to dr benjamin tham.
anyone seeing dr tham? good?

huiqin83

Hi Spyvonne & ALisa, im seeing Dr tham too! I also went to yvonne chan for first visit, find her too exp. n her package oni starts at w19!
so i change to Dr Tham, no regrets! he always make me laugh at every checkup =)

im thinking wana take Mt A instead of TMC cos is cheaper. isit better to be near his clinic?

june83

Hi Huiqin83,

I also changing to Mount A, just went to their hospital tour on saturday. They have new wing for maternity ward. For the carpark renovation will be only finishing at 1st quarter of 2014, so if ur hubby is driving he have to park his car opp the hospital which is macritchie reservoir. But they cater shuttle bus back and for from there with certain timing (i think an 15 or 30 mins inteval).

huiqin83

Hi June83, ur oso under dr Tham? or ur gynac is at TMC but u request go Mt A.

I heard good reviews on Mt A and is cheaper than TMC. we dont have car so parking not problem for us

june83

My doc not under Thomson Medical. 3 of my children is born at Mt A. Then i went to TMC and Mt A for Hospital tour to compare, still think Mt A is better. Rooms is brighter, more family oriental.

huiqin83

oo ic.. then it doent make much difference to go which hospital if clinic is elsewhere. my hub say both hospital gt gd n bad review. sometimes is matter of luck if u kana bad nurses on duty

winniethepooh

Hi Mummies,

FYI: there is the Robinsons Expo Sale now on at Singapore Expo.
My colleagues suggest going there to get good bargains on baby essentials. I do not know if it's too early, but since our EDDs are in October, we can make use of these sales (GSS coming too!!!) to get the baby stuff!!

TVH

There's motherhood exhibition at Singapore Expo coming up also. Can go check out.

MOTHERHOOD EXHIBITION 2013

Date: 30 May 2013 to 02 June 2013
Venue: Singapore Expo
Time: 11.00am – 9.00pm