EDD Oct 2013

huiqin83

I think to be safe, nrl take folic acid first for now. cos that one confirm need to take !
and i agree, i dun mind pay just to see dr for assurance. cannt see much but see one dot also happy hahaaa

i wake up eveyday 4-5am everyday cos too hungry. need to bit someting before i can continue sleep.. anyone got such problkem?
very troublesome, need to pee n eat at midnight. cannot sleep peacefully....

Stephy

so far I do not have any hungry or pee issues
but I cannot lie flat on the bed to sleep for long as my back will start to feel sore, so now every night I just flip to the right and left to sleep...

KBH

hello all oct mummies.. I've just gotten my EDD and it's early Oct too... Hasn't been smooth so far as the nausea and gagging is an entire day affair.. before meals, after meals and basically any time of the day.. i've lost appetite, but I'm hungry and want to finish my bowl of food, but i can't and when i do, i come back home and throw up - not all of it, but enough of it to make me feel horrible. I just started spotting a little day before yesterday. it was tiny drops of chocolate discharge and i've been having bad cramps since weeks back... am not sure if there's anything i should avoid eating or eat more of to ease the nausea a little or maybe the cramps or the spotting...
went to the gynae yesterday and we could still see the flickering heartbeat.. .so i guess it's ok for now, but i'm still pretty worried and sick to my stomach..

any remedies anyone?

huiqin83

Hi KBH, welcome to oct group and congrads!

having that nausea feeling is a good sign, meaning ur bb is growing! that wad my dr say, he happy to hear vomiting.

there is no special formula how to overcome tt nausea n vomiting problem. everybody reacts different, same method may works for some ppl only.
so just keep trying till u find one method that suits u.

try breaking your meals into small part. instead of eating full 3 meals, break into 4-6 small meals. and keep drinking water to hydrate urself.
some ppl drink strawberry yogurt, coke, eat biscuits to overcome that nausea feeling. chocolate milk works for me but cannot drink too much cos of caffine. u gota keep try till u find one tt works for u.

EXPECTING YOUR BABY AND IN NEED OF ADVICE FOR ANTENATAL CARE AND CONFINEMENT SERVICES?

Nestled amidst the quiet and serene nature in the north-eastern part of Singapore, Aixin Mummies is the only one-stop wellness and confinement center in Singapore to provide stay-in confinement services for mummies. Our nannies are specially selected and undergo intensive training to ensure that we provide our mummies and babies the best care during the confinement month.

We also provide antenatal classes for mummies; pre/post natal & aqua yoga; herbal bath and massages; guidance and massages for breast-feeding mummies after birth; slimming massages and tummy binding after birth etc.

http://www.facebook.com/aixin.mummies

TVH

I don't really feel hungry ... in fact I haven't got much of an appetite....I eat a few mouths, I feel like puking though I've got morning sickness...

I've got occasional pulling sensation near groin area lately too....i read and it could be round ligament pain...

Other than that, I really do not have any other symptoms....I hope to stay off vomitting throughout the pregnancy...

I dun really feel hungry too as in I dun have cravings in fact I get irritated thinking of what to eat... But when meal time comes, there will be a heating sensation at stomach area and if I wait any longer, wil start to feel discomfort. And even so, a few mouth or at mst half a portion and I'm full :(

These few days am down with flu (dun dare to tk medication even if GP says it's safe) and there's increase saliva production, food loses it's taste or dun taste as good. Developed aversion to plain water... Have to add lemon or some flavor to it :p in order to drink.

Hi All...

I am a FTM too.. My EDD is in mid-Oct. Went to a check up at KKH as I missing my menses (LMP was 01/01/2013) and was having some bleeding on Sunday morning.
KKH did a vaginal scan to say that I am 6wks now and EDD is mid Oct.

I am at the moment contemplating and confused on which hosp to choose for antenatal n maternity packages...

Any recommendations?

nrl

Hi! Just wondering if anyone takes any milk supplements aside from the folic acid tab that have been prescribed.

Cos I just started taking Anmum Materna Chocolate flavour... Any reviews?

Also, if anyone do have experiences with any pain or cramp at the lower abdomen with no bleeding or even any discharges? I am having that pain for a couple of days... Worried sick for that! Hoping lil angel is doing well in there ! :embarrassed:

TVH

i've had lower ab cramp for a while now....i read that's just the uterus stretching....it feels abit like menses cramp....but as long as it's not accompanied by bleeding, it's fine...sometimes i feel cramps like my menses is abt to come anytime...thank god when i go toilet to check, all's good....

nrl

i've had lower ab cramp for a while now....i read that's just the uterus stretching....it feels abit like menses cramp....but as long as it's not accompanied by bleeding, it's fine...sometimes i feel cramps like my menses is abt to come anytime...thank god when i go toilet to check, all's good....
Hi! Same2... I had the cramp and it comes and goes..going for my appointment tomorrow..Hopefully all fine! :)

Hope ur lil one doing well too! :)

Lovely26

Congrats Oct Mommies!

TVH!!! We have the same EDD. Initially was 28/Sept based on my own calculation. After scan, doct said EDD is 9/Oct. Goin for 2nd scan in March n m looking forward to hear my bb heartbeat soon.

TVH

Lovely26:761411 said:
Congrats Oct Mommies!

TVH!!! We have the same EDD. Initially was 28/Sept based on my own calculation. After scan, doct said EDD is 9/Oct. Goin for 2nd scan in March n m looking forward to hear my bb heartbeat soon.
My scan also in march! I must say that this is such an agonising wait!!! 2 more weeks! I countdown everyday!

Lovely26

Yes 2 more weeks. How I wish it's tomorrow n i cant wait till 16 weeks to know the gender of my bb. hahaha......
I am going to book my confinement lady in case she is booked for Oct after 2nd scan. Not being kiasu, i had bad experience during my first boy n now i better act fast!

TVH

Wow now already book confinement nanny?!?? So fast!!! Btw, how much does a confinment nanny cost on average? This is my first pregnancy, so quite noob....

Lovely26

Gotta act fast especially to those real good CL. For one CL it cost around 2.3K onwards. Im not sure if 2K CL still can b found in the market but cost is not an issue to me. What's matter to me is, she is good in confinement food, takes care of my bb well m out for it. heh My advice is, only go for highly recommended ones thru your own friends who had engaged them before if not forget all about it. :eek:

Naangfaa

My next appt at kkh is on 7th March for 10 weeks scan..can't wait man!! :D

Anyway, Ive been having cramps too but I always tell myself be positive and be happy with the cramps coz tt juz means baby is growing and uterus is expanding! But I do have that fear still and will go to e loo to check! I'm glad I'm not alone!hehehe! ^5 to all cramping mommies to be!!:)

Hihi

My next appt at KKH is on the 11th... What a long time to wait. I was given duphaston till end of first trimester and am always counting those pills!

I felt crampy too on days that I didn't have enough rest or work days that requires me to sit at the desk. If I stay home and rest all day, basically I feel well.

Stay strong & healthy mummies!

Hihi

My next appt at Kandang Kerbau Hospital is on the 11th... What a long time to wait. I was given duphaston till end of first trimester and am always counting those pills!

I felt crampy too on days that I didn't have enough rest or work days that requires me to sit at the desk. If I stay home and rest all day, basically I feel well.

Stay strong & healthy mummies!

Heyia! My appt at KKH is on the 11th as well for the scan. I was also given the Folic acid n Duphaston... The cramping is on n off. Does your lower back at times ache? I have had some pain/cramp ard my lower back since last night...

Alisa

so fast to engage confinement lady! i always going to have 1 for this preg cuz my 1st wan was done by MIL... end up, she only cook simple 1 dish + 1 soup then rice everyday... except for bathing my son, i did all the rest and i never rest well... so husband said better engage a professional this time. i heard Thomson Medical have confinement lady, anybody try b4?