EDD Oct 2013

yenleesk

Dear mummies,
I need to seek some advice.
I'm looking for a thermometer for bb use. Among infrared thermometer n digital thermometer, which one is gd n more accurate?
Pharmacies like Guardian n Watson's usually carry digital thermometer( for ear use) like braun n omron brand.
I'm still in doubt which type should I buy?

babywipes

i will b using old school mercury type. baby don't know how to put thermometer under the tongue, so digital is out of the question. alot of mummies use ear thermometer though.

joymommy

Dear mummies,
I'm looking for a thermometer for bb use. Among infrared thermometer n digital thermometer, which one is gd n more accurate?
Pharmacies like Guardian n Watson's usually carry digital thermometer( for ear use) like braun n omron brand.

U can get the Braun ear thermometer which is good for checking bb's temperature. But the pricing is $120+ selling outside. U can try to look for someone named bingbling and she sells $65 with registered mail only. Not sure if she still has the stock. Please check with her instead. Hope this helps :)

yenleesk

joymommy:827816 said:
Dear mummies,

U can get the Braun ear thermometer which is good for checking bb's temperature. But the pricing is $120+ selling outside. U can try to look for someone named bingbling and she sells $65 with registered mail only. Not sure if she still has the stock. Please check with her instead. Hope this helps :)
Hi joymummy,
Thanks for yr advice. Where can I locate bingbling? Where to find her ? Over here or fb?

Meowmummy

Hi everyone. I had give birth to my little princess at 17/9/2013 at 2343hrs via c-section. Was having pressure at my pelvis for the whole afternoon. Then hus called mt a at 8something to enquiries whether to admit to hospital anot they ask us to come downnfor observations. Reach mt a at 9.30pm. Check everything. Contractions is 5mins apart. But baby head ie facing upwards. So my gynae decide to c-section me via GA.
wa, congrats, have a good confinement, our turn will come soon

Meowmummy

MTBs, ytd i had pink color streak on my panty liner (third time since last wk). but wiped toilet paper got nothing. afternn i called obs to query, her nurse say try to rest on bed. last nite i had 7 contractions in an hr, after tat slowly fade away. my edd is 19oct. i can feel my private part, mayb d cervix having discomfort. n increasing wetness at panty liner. does any of u have this feeling?
I hv increased discharge these days, i can feel the surge, like 15mins apart for an hour, a few days ago on my way way to work. i scare give birth early, i quickly went back home to rest. my edd 23-27oct
After resting, no more surge

shorty313

hi mummies, im new here at 36 weeks by Monday and will have my appt on that day too, excited, seems like eons since my last appt cant wait to know how many kilos my baby ger has gained!!

im wondering tho how does contractions exactly feel like? cuz at times i do feel pain like i need to poop or gas out haahaha.. and now i can feel baby moving very near to my "below"... hehe

marchies

Congrats june83. Have a good confinement! When was your edd actually?

I'm also unsure what contractions feel like. Feel some tightening now and then but prob Braxton hicks? I hope when the time comes I will know when to go to hospital. All the best everyone!

any MTBs feel ur below having some movements? discomfort like UTI but urinating no prob? i can feel i'm almost there already :( but i have yet to get my breast pump!! waiting to buy on 4oct at d expo fair

marchies.. the tightening shd be mini contractions. doc says we wont miss the proper strong labour contractions so dun worry!

10 days to my edd! wish i'd have stronger contractions to push baby down. other than walking and squating anything else can help? i read that sex can induce labour naturally but being a huge cow now i dunno if it's worth all the effort. lol.

june83

Congrats june83. Have a good confinement! When was your edd actually?

I'm also unsure what contractions feel like. Feel some tightening now and then but prob Braxton hicks? I hope when the time comes I will know when to go to hospital. All the best everyone!
My edd is at 3rd oct. Baby born on 37weeks and 5days. Her birth weight is 3105grams.

eileenyoyo

im going to! using this as a guide:
Delivery (Caesarean section) | Ministry of Health
Delivery (Normal) | Ministry of Health

hmm basically u add the room package fees plus gynae fees plus pedeatrician and anesthesist fees, and some miscellaneous charges.
Hi Thelay,

I'm gg to deliver at Gleneagles.
you may refer to the Gleneagles website under maternity package.
they indicate the hospitalization charges, just add your gynae professional, and the rest, you will have a rough idea.
if not, ask your gynae's nurse. They shld be able to give a rough figure.

TVH

Thelay, I just registered my admission at gleneagles last week. Single bedded, normal delivery without epidural package price is $2900+. With epidural is $3000+. Excluding doc fees. I would expect to pay abt 3-4k cash ba if I were to deliver naturall without epidural. Cos duno how gynae charges are like yet. U can get a copy of the cost from the admissions counter at the first floor or from your gynae.

Thelay

Thanks tvh..I was shocked when I see glene average bill size in moh is ard 15k.

Can let me know details after u pop ok? I will also be registering next week.

Thelay

Btw.. u can check the medela breast pump here..

http://www.agapebabies.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=61&zenid=3f587f31bf1b8813aca9105ce2318f78