EDD October

quesmama

Hi Pangsn,
I cant remember the name of antibiotic, sorry for late reply. but i thought normally GP would know which antibiotics to prescribe for breastfeeding mum. I read somewhere that actually even under medication it's ok to breastfeed, it's up to you end of the day.

My baby tend to hiccup after feed too, quite regular. I think it's ok.

lyra

Dun clean baby's nostrils urself! U may hurt his delicate skin. If his heavy breathing is bothering u or baby, u can bring him to a doc who can prescribe saline water n an apparatus to suck out the mucous. Hope baby is getting better!

Hi Pangsn,
I cant remember the name of antibiotic, sorry for late reply. but i thought normally GP would know which antibiotics to prescribe for breastfeeding mum. I read somewhere that actually even under medication it's ok to breastfeed, it's up to you end of the day.

My baby tend to hiccup after feed too, quite regular. I think it's ok.
hi, quesmama
thanks you.
I actually do double confirm with my gp for the medicine. but he said if breastfeeding, the. antibiotic will went to my breastmilk, he cannot ensure baby won't sensitive with the antibiotic.
I feel better now, wondering can I stop the antibiotic.
do u think should I stop?

hotmilktea

Does anyone feel painful at the vagina area and where we pee?
I dun feel pain when I pee but overall the whole area feel sore.
Is it becoz also I hasn't recover frm my stitches?

Ashleybee

Hotmilktea, just keep washing with water. I wash each time I go toilet and change my pad after every toilet visit.
Now my wound has recovered not painful already, just tender. Today is my 12th day post delivery

hotmilktea

yup i wash too... i just realised that my wound is not as painful anymore, although still got some pain, but i am off painkiller already.

thanx ashleybee :) today is my day 9 :)

Hotmilktea, just keep washing with water. I wash each time I go toilet and change my pad after every toilet visit.
Now my wound has recovered not painful already, just tender. Today is my 12th day post delivery

lyra

I had the worst wound coz besides episiotomy, i had a really bad tear. So on the first night, when the epidural effect wears off, the pain was so terrible that I couldn't sleep n the pain killer had little effect. The wound site was swollen too and it hurts when I pee. Couldn't pass motion at all.

I used the medication the hospital gave me to clean my wound every time I go toilet. I alsod use sitz bath n sit in salt water to help the wound heal.

hotmilktea

Same here, after epidural wear off slowly, I feel a bit of pain and I asked for pain relief straightaway before the full pain kicks in. Luckily I did that coz nurse took like 20-30mins to give me and then the drugs need time to kick effect too! And I feel do pek cek that I cldnt talk to my friends who visited me! and worse, I dunnoe why I must pee, 6 hrs after delivery cannot walk, they give me a pan, I still can't and got to walk to toilet to pee, and it took like 20mins for me to pee. So strange feeling.

Btw, can mummies share how much they lose their weight right after confinement? My mum n relatives keep tellin me to eat and eat and eat! Say after confinement then lose, but how!!!!! Eat so much how to lose lor. I hv lost abt 5kg now, still looooooooong way :x

I had the worst wound coz besides episiotomy, i had a really bad tear. So on the first night, when the epidural effect wears off, the pain was so terrible that I couldn't sleep n the pain killer had little effect. The wound site was swollen too and it hurts when I pee. Couldn't pass motion at all.

I used the medication the hospital gave me to clean my wound every time I go toilet. I alsod use sitz bath n sit in salt water to help the wound heal.

lyra

A week after delivery, I lost half the weight I gained during preg. I gained abt 12kg. Now, I have not measured yet. Maybe I'll weigh myself later today. I dunno where the weighing machine is... Staying at in law's place...

I think it's gd we dun try to slim down now coz we need to breastfeed bb n breastfeeding uses up a lot of energy. I feel hungry all the time. I went to childbirth class n the nutritionist say the amt of nutrition intake for lactating moms is the same for preg moms so we shd still continue our preg diet to give bb enough nutrients. But of course if we breastfeed, we'll slim down faster.

Btw, can mummies share how much they lose their weight right after confinement? My mum n relatives keep tellin me to eat and eat and eat! Say after confinement then lose, but how!!!!! Eat so much how to lose . I have lost about 5kg now, still looooooooong way :x

hotmilktea

Yah, I lost abt half also, I gained 11.5kg. I feel hungry too but sometime too hot to eat anything.

Btw, does anyone feel nipple sore? I think lately my boy suck too hard as compared to few days ago.
So now both very sore and I using BM and nipple cream, but seems quite useless.

A week after delivery, I lost half the weight I gained during preg. I gained abt 12kg. Now, I have not measured yet. Maybe I'll weigh myself later today. I dunno where the weighing machine is... Staying at in law's place...

I think it's gd we dun try to slim down now coz we need to breastfeed bb n breastfeeding uses up a lot of energy. I feel hungry all the time. I went to childbirth class n the nutritionist say the amt of nutrition intake for lactating moms is the same for preg moms so we shd still continue our preg diet to give bb enough nutrients. But of course if we breastfeed, we'll slim down faster.

lyra

My nipples r sore too. I just bear w it n continue let bb suck. I use breast milk, nipple cream n air dry them at night when I sleep. Helps w the healing.

Yah, I lost abt half also, I gained 11.5kg. I feel hungry too but sometime too hot to eat anything.

Btw, does anyone feel nipple sore? I think lately my boy suck too hard as compared to few days ago.
So now both very sore and I using BM and nipple cream, but seems quite useless.

My nipples r sore too. I just bear w it n continue let bb suck. I use breast milk, nipple cream n air dry them at night when I sleep. Helps w the healing.
hi, lyra
wow, is 3 weeks already. when is baby shower day or when u confinement end? I counting down mine. have been no washing after birth. itchy.

hotmilktea

Wow! U r really great! I showered on 4th day and wash hair on 5th day. Frm then everyday shower then wash hair alt days.
I also keep wiping myself throughout the day when I sweat after feeding or eating.

hi, lyra
wow, is 3 weeks already. when is baby shower day or when u confinement end? I counting down mine. have been no washing after birth. itchy.

lyra

Hi, pangsn7376, baby shower will b after my confinement ends. Ending on 10 Nov but I'm requesting for it to end by this week since it's the 4th week already. I showered everyday in hospital n showered n wash hair whenever I can secretly do so haha. Since 3rd week, I showered n wash hair with da feng cao water everyday. I also wash hands every time before feeding baby... I'm very particular abt cleanliness even though ppl say can't touch water during confinement. I find it not practical n not hygienic.

hi, lyra

Triquetra

Lyra, u can try using breast shells to help with the sore nipples.

I never do confinement, at hospital already ask the nurse if I can shower. The lochia thingy is really unpleasant -.-

joanneneo

Lyra, you can try using breast shells to help with the sore nipples.

I never do confinement, at hospital already ask the nurse if I can shower. The lochia thingy is really unpleasant -.-
I also ask the nurse I can shower? But my wound is too swell for me to have a good shower.
2nd day Hm I showered, bth I feel very dirty if I dont shower.
When my mother in law went down to buy 4d I faster go bathe and be out of toilet before she gets back. Hahaa

I always feel like giving up when nightfall... Baby so fussy and cry non stop want people carry. After feeding normal will sleep but always at night feed put on bed only cry... Awhile more gonna feed again then fall asleep but cry again when put on bed. So tiring.

Triquetra

I also ask the nurse I can shower? But my wound is too swell for me to have a good shower.
2nd day Hm I showered, bth I feel very dirty if I dont shower.
When my mother in law went down to buy 4d I faster go bathe and be out of toilet before she gets back. Hahaa

I always feel like giving up when nightfall... Baby so fussy and cry non stop want people carry. After feeding normal will sleep but always at night feed put on bed only cry... Awhile more gonna feed again then fall asleep but cry again when put on bed. So tiring.
My son is exactly the same! Breastfeeding takes up too much time, it's really hard to manage while I have another daughter and chores to attend to. He fusses when given bottle, doesnt drink much so I have to latch him to top up. He wants to be carried all the time too else he will scream and cry until his face super red. His back is as though made of diamond, too precious to be in contact with anything once put down he will start wailing. Wanna throw him away liao =.=