EDD Sep 2010

DELvy

May i ask....... why are you looking for one that doesnt require rinsing?? Rinse clean clean better rite? Is there any particular reason or smthing that you've read?
mrs_eg, dunno leh...I thought using a non rinse formula to bathe a newborn is quicker and easier. Cos the whole body soft soft leh...hee

Last edited:

mrs_eg

mrs_eg...yup I am talking about those traditional type of diapers. The diaper covers you are talking about, is it the ones where you wear over the traditional diapers, so that the urine will not leak out and you dont have to use safety pins? I also couldn't find it at the fair, but I managed to get some at AMK hub, this shop called Mums&Babies, I think. Not too expensive, 3 for $11, though they have more expensive ones.
ya... prefer to use the covers than the safety pins... Ya I thought so... only neighbourhood places will probably have more of such 'traditional' stuffs.. hahaha... Got one booth at the fair.. the person say "I tot nowadays only AH-mas will ask for that type of cloth diapers" Im like '.........'

mrs_eg, dont know ...I thought using a non rinse formula to bathe a newborn is quicker and easier. Cos the whole body soft soft ...hee
oh... hahahaha... I thought of buying those "net" which you attach to the bath tub so tat You can put your baby on it when you bathe the baby... :) but I havent buy yet la...

Last edited:

xian

maybe you can try using the traditional cloth as "inserts" in the bumwear? to see if it works as well?? :)

I keep thinking about it...

Anyway other than bumwears there is alot off other brands also.... another one at the fair was moo moo kow... then so many other brand can be found online... Im also surprised malaysia also have.. hmmm but dont know if cheaper to buy there anot.. heheheh
The inner layer will still get soiled. :( No choice, bumwear already bought so die die also must use cannot let it go to waste. Hee, got tempted by it's fanciful design.

Now I have got to source for traditional ones.

mrs_eg

The inner layer will still get soiled. :( No choice, bumwear already bought so die die also must use cannot let it go to waste. Hee, got tempted by it's fanciful design.

Now I have got to source for traditional ones.
hmm frm wat I understand.... The inner layer will definitely be soiled isnt it??? the liquid has to go somewhere mah... But I tot at least the outer cover not wet so baby is still comfy right??? and the wetness wont irritate the baby...

The traditional one wet already mus change... cos tats the wet part that is directly in contact with the baby's skin...... hmmm....

mecolemummy

Are you talking about the one with different tone? Got pink, yellow etc.? Is that for baby?

Btw, what are the good baby shower foam which do not require rinsing? J&J salesgirl introduced me the top-to-toe (yellow bottle) wash. She said just drip 1-2 drops into a tub of water, wash your baby and pat dry. I bought 2 bottles, but after I reached home and read the instructions, it said needs to be washed off ....:err:

Oh and I bought the Medela single electric pump the last time from the Isetan sale @ $195 with some discount.
Only the White is pure podwer for babies... going to buy one later to try ^^

As for the J&J top-to-toe, even way before tis, jus the normal blue bottle ones, my sisters did... jus 2 small drops in water and wash... no rinse. Should be fine...

still the same? nice smell and all?
shld be ok I think... maybe dont apply too much just in case???
I going to buy one later... will try and test on myself and let u ladies know, okie?

The playmat you are talking about... I went back on the last day... and many sizes and designs are SOLD OUT!!! hahahaha it is selling like hot cakes! In the end we also didnt manage to buy....
I saw the mat too and think it's abit expensive. Mini Toons have similar mats... comes in 2 different sizes too. As I'm a Hello Kitty fanatic and they have it in Hello Kitty prints! Grabbing tat later too! ^^

mrs_eg

I saw the mat too and think it's abit expensive. Mini Toons have similar mats... comes in 2 different sizes too. As I'm a Hello Kitty fanatic and they have it in Hello Kitty prints! Grabbing that later too! ^^
Mini toons... the material same as thsoe at the fair?

DELvy

Only the White is pure podwer for babies... going to buy one later to try ^^

As for the J&J top-to-toe, even way before tis, just the normal blue bottle ones, my sisters did... just 2 small drops in water and wash... no rinse. Should be fine...

Oh good good. Heehee...thought I wasted $$. Thanks

xian

hmm frm what I understand.... The inner layer will definitely be soiled isnt it??? the liquid has to go somewhere mah... But I thought at least the outer cover not wet so baby is still comfy right??? and the wetness wont irritate the baby...

The traditional one wet already mus change... cos tats the wet part that is directly in contact with the baby's skin...... hmmm....
Hey, I went to bumwear website and found this nappy liners, which is to hold baby's poo. I reckon it will be much easier to clean up.

Nappy Liners

DELvy

ya... prefer to use the covers than the safety pins... Ya I thought so... only neighbourhood places will probably have more of such 'traditional' stuffs.. hahaha... Got one booth at the fair.. the person say "I thought nowadays only -mas will ask for that type of cloth diapers" Im like '.........'
Oopps...Hee...Don't care...

mrs_eg

mrs_eg, what's the net you are talking about? Sounds quite cool . Maybe I should get one too...

so far... I know I saw those at kiddy palace...
as for pics... I found some on the internet...
at this link www.babys.com.sg
there are a few kinds of "net"
pictures are not very clear though....
but shld give you a rough idea...

mecolemummy

Mini toons... the material same as thsoe at the fair?
Well, the material are not the same but its good enuff for mi... it's soft and smooth enuff. Some of frens are using it and so far no complain ^^
they have 2 sizes $59.90-200cmx100cmx12mm (single bed) and $79.90-200cmx130cmx12mm (super single).

For the Pigeon compact powder, it smell and feels good... jus need to wipe. it really minimise the floating particles in the air!

xian

yupyup... understand..
even traditional cloth diapers also need those kind of liners...
Oops, I wasnt aware of that. Thanks!

so far... I know I saw those at kiddy palace...
as for pics... I found some on the internet...
at this link www.babys.com.sg
there are a few kinds of "net"
pictures are not very clear though....
but shld give you a rough idea...
The net seems like a good idea, dont have to worry that baby might slip off.

Adelene

ya... I got a friend who's using NUK also said the teats have the closest resemblance to a mother's nipple......

Was at the fair jus now... but didnt see NUK (anyone saw?)... so duno how 'close' a resemblance it is... Where can I find NUK bottles???

BTW I was there looking at tommee tippee and medela... both only one type of material of teats... I only get to feel the tommee tippee one... not that 'soft' actually.. but I like the shape of the bottle and teats... The only thing is... I am wondering if I shld buy the breast pump set as well... anyone use the breast pump b4? The only reviews I've found are from UK website.. they say the pump is too noisy....

As for the medela... it is good they display it and let ppl see the pumps... and I've heard more good reviews of medela pumps than the rest... Im actually eyeing on the medela SWING.. but compare to tommee.. (with the bundle promo and all) ...seems that it is abit more ex...

So Im kinda... lost... havent decided if I shld get the breast pump and bottles bundle.. or jus buy the bottles...

Btw.. are AVENT bottles cheaper than Tommee and Medela? I didnt have time to go check out the Avent booth...
Hi Mrs Eg

Try Robinsons (I saw at the Raffles City outlet) for NUK bottles and other NUK products. I didn't find NUK at the Motherhood Exhibition at Expo.

Adelene

I went to the babyfair this afternoon too..

Was thinking whether to get the Medela bundle which consist of breastpump, etc.. My sisinlaw passed me a Medela electric single pump already.. is there a need to get one more for dual express at one time?

Mummies here are getting a single pump or dual?
Hi MummyK

I bought the Medela Freestyle during the fair. I don't have any other pumps so decided to invest in this one which is supposed to be good and fast. It's a dual electric pump and is smaller and lighter than the Medela Pump in Style.

Because I intend to go back to work after maternity leave, I wanted something small and light and fast (don't want the rest of the office to hear me pumping for a long time!).

My husband in fact wanted to get another manual/ single electric pump for use at home but I think better to wait and see.

So I guess whether you need another pump really depends on what you intend to use the pump for. If occasional use, then the pump which you have should be enough. But if pump is for regular use on a daily basis, I think best to invest in a good dual electric pump.

If I were you, I would wait for the next fair after delivery to see whether really need to buy another pump...just my 2 cents worth :)

Adelene

ya... the baby's movements are simply amazing!!! the bumps, the kicks and the rolls.... Hubby always ask me "pain anot?" .. hahaha... Not now of cos, but I wonder if it will hurt when baby is bigger.. hmmm....

As for restlessness... Im the kind who 'cannot sit for too long' so still the same for me... I just cant walk or stand too long like I use to be... my ankles will hurt....

Wah adelene... seems like you already did your homework... and figuring out what to buy.... How did you guys do it??? Honestly... I still think quite early to buy... hahahaha..... And I still have no idea which bottle brand Im going for or whether I shld buy a breast pump first just in case or shld I wait and see how my breast feeding goes when the baby comes out....
Hi Mrs Eg

I know what to buy cos I had help from my mum and friends...haha...a friend gave me a shopping list and my mum helped buy alot of stuff...

Plus doing research online and reading up helps. I decided to buy Pigeon bottles cos my mum is used to them (my nieces use pigeon bottles) and at the fair, there was a Pigeon sterilisation set (steam steriliser, bottle warmer, 5 BPA-free bottles (3x240 ml + 2x120ml), 2 packs baby wipes, free small bottle of dishwashing liquid) at $199 which I thought was a good deal.

But I'm prepared to have to try out other bottles if baby doesn't like Pigeon...

As for breast pump, I decided to get dual electric pump and decided on Medela Freestyle cos it's small and light. Actually I do wonder whether I've bought all these things too early...I guess I will only find out later! Haha...