EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

Rodorsany

Woo... So many post... Bzbz... No time to even pump!!!! Tmrw bb party lol...

How we train.. Simply by whistling.. Start slow like before shower.. Whistle to let her pee... Umm umm to let her poo.. So far pee she getting it like we undress her le... We whistle.. For a while she will pee.. Then bb gets older can grad bring them.to basin n whistle every 20mins or whatsoever timing depends.. I bring to basin coz safer...

I cut her nails last week... Coz her mittens fall off n she kept scratching her face...

felicity

My bb day time since 630am till now all the nap time add up to less than 2 hrs yet until now still doesn't want to slp... Furthermore i was up w her from 230am to 4am. Zzz I'm gg nuts feeling super sleepy...

Kary2500

Awww felicity... I feel for u... My baby has been sleeping from 2:30 pm till now am so scared she won't sleep for more than 2 hours straight tonight.. Even when I woke her up to feed her she wakes up n goes back to slp n now she's awake.. And I hav not slept at all during d day today.. Sigh..

Rodorsany - thank u for sharing.. I'm gonna try that .. But every twenty minutes how? My baby sleeps so much durin de day and night time when she's active I'm so tired and sleepy..

ahwang

Any mummies here not breastfeeding bb directly? I just seems unable to do it. Even affer using nipple shield my son just can't latch on and suckle wrongly till my nipple soar and bleed. Called up breastfeeding support grp, all they said is keep trying, dont give ip and the pros of direct breastfeeding. Wanna give up but felt so bad... Been bottle feeding edm . I felt no bonding with my son and when go out he can't latch on to empty my breast is also a problem. Also have to keep washing bottles just tried when he crying for milk still failed and back to pumping now.

meltie

Any mummies here not breastfeeding bb directly? I just seems unable to do it. Even affer using nipple shield my son just can't latch on and suckle wrongly till my nipple soar and bleed. Called up breastfeeding support grp, all they said is keep trying, dont give ip and the pros of direct breastfeeding. Wanna give up but felt so bad... Been bottle feeding edm . I felt no bonding with my son and when go out he can't latch on to empty my breast is also a problem. Also have to keep washing bottles just tried when he crying for milk still failed and back to pumping now.
Hey ahwang, currently i am bottle feeding my bb with ebm.. clearing my backlog that i pumped for hosp.. hmm i oso feel like not much bonding since bb discharged on thurs evening.. tried latching yesterday once and she bite me still i sore, so i went back to pumping to rest my nipples.. i feel we're still at the beginning of breastfeeding.. let's just keep trying ya? i hope my bb won't get too used to the bottle teat and reject my nipple... i hope we an get a gd latch soon! Meanwhile, i think thomson medical and gleneagles have lactation consultants available over the hotline or appointments in hospital, why don't you try calling? My lactation consultant in gleneagles is still calling me to followup on latching and breastfeeding.. she say can go down anytime for help... i think these professionals are more than willing to help!

Jiayou jiayou! I'm going to try latching my bb later! all the best to me!

Rodorsany

Kary start slow try every morning when u bath her.... Then when bb older then 2~3 times a day... Slowly more frequent when u roughly gauge hw many times bb pee.. As for poo poo try to do it every morninv good habit like my #1 will do it in e morning... Go out no need worry... Lol

Ahwang n meltie no worries on eping.. U can still bond with bb de.... Bathing time changing nappy etc... My #1 only bf a few times.. Still very bonded with.me no worries de

Felicity.. I feel for u... Try to rest when u can.. Lack of sleep can affect supply of bm.. Thats could b y skyler keep latching too..

erlina040

Hi ahwang, I've not latched my girl for a week. She has been feeding on fm and ebm through bottles and yesterday, I was thinking mayb, let her latch on as we haven't warmed up the milk coz both hubby and myself fell asleep.. Initially, she rejected, so I pressed out a bit of milk and tried to coax her to drink and she managed to latch on. Last night, I latched her instead of feeding her fm. My worry is she is not drinking much as she always doze off while latching, and I can't monitor her intake. When we went back for checkup yesterday, she still had jaundice and pd commented that she's not drinking enough. At 2 weeks old, she should drink around 90ml, increase 10ml per week. So, by the time she reach one month, she should be drinking 120ml.

Felicity, I understand how u feel. Somehow, when baby is awake at this stage, they don't really play, they simply just want milk and hence keep latching and is tiring. Your baby won't latch to sleep? Jiayou and get yourself some rest too. I can feel my body getting weaker and the lack of sleep is affecting us..

Meltie, glad that ur baby is back. Take one thing at a times, just bottle feed her first. After bottle feed my girl for a week, I find my nipple feel so much better and when she latched on yesterday, it feel once when she was just born, not painful.. As for the bonding part, I think it will come naturally..

I will try to bottle feed my baby in the day and latched her at night so that I don't have to pump and get her to sleep easier. Her granny can also help out in bottle feeding her in the day, giving me some rest time. Seeing the price of fm, my mil becomes very supportive of breastfeeding. She keeps checking whether my supply is alright, and ask me to latch her at night. So, is a blessing! Jiayou mummies!!

Piglim

Hey ah Wang did u deliver at Thomson? Why not call the Parentcraft n make appointment they will guide u hands on together w ur baby. N if u r lucky mrs Wong boi boo mayb there to guide u! Alot of Mums who hv problems with breastfeeding like no milk, not latching well..etc normally get their prob solved. U just need to pay for the consultation but I dunno how much.

Piglim

Think e biggest prob staying with mil is when ur hubby sides the mum n u r not given support.
Cried so much last night till my eyes r swollen this morning.. Everyone is tired, all 3 of us also lack of slp.. As I can't see eye to eye with certain things my mil do I will always SMS long messages to hubby to report to him n tell him to teach his mum properly. I thought it's the only way I can feel better but letting it out... N I needed him to know... End up he says he's tired of receiving all the long msges from me complaining bout his mum. Ask me to tell him only when he finish work n is at hm. The thing is I dun even get to see him sometimes cos he finishes work late, sometimes he's hm at 2am n I m alrdy slping.. N even if he's earlier the last thing I want to do is to complain!

The other time when his mum did not follow my instruction he was the one who ask me to write it down. N yesterday night when I did so he just raises his voice in front of his mum saying why I write so much. cant I tell his mum instead, write so much she also may not understand.

I Just left the room. I feel I hv lost the love I used to get from my hubby.. Y must things change just becos we hv a baby... I know he loves me but e way he does now is totally different. I don't regret hving a baby cos my son is really super adorable... M I only able to vent in this forum n act as a robot? I know all mothers went thru e same hardship n my mil suffered in e past too... Hubby saw we crying n apologized but that's really not wat I want...

I m trying to not cry cos I don't want to affect my supply but it's tough.. Last night all I could do was to chant n get some peace from it (I m Buddhist) I feel like a loner at hm nw. Do I really need to stay with my mil forever? ;(((

ahwang

Hi piglim, breathe things will be better. It's always good to have someone alone. i live with hubby only and can't imagine 4mths maternity alone at home with bb with full attention on,bb. U can have some personal time if u have someboday at home during confinementn

Yes I delivered at tmc. But come to think abt it was wondering shld I pursue with bf? Hubby tell me not to be stressed with bf. Bottle feeding with ebm is gd too. Somemore, scared bb might latch for comfort and not only for milk. And also before back to work have to introduce bottle feed also. In a dilemma. I feel bf directly so stressful. Don't know hoe nuch bb drinks and scared develop the habit of latching for comfort.

felicity

jiayou all breastfeeding mothers!! i insisted on latching despite all the pain (and struggled with the transition of using nipple shield to without) and finally now bb can latch better, although often also painful cos she still likes to chew and tug a bit every now and then...

regarding potty training... haha i always wonder how whistling is associated to peeing... so did a search. no real research on it though, but these are quite interesting to read...

The Cultural Conflict Over Toilet Training

Whistling and peeing???!!! : Shanghai Open Chat (the expats really don't think much of the locals huh?)

thanks mummies, bb finally slept at 12+ after i swaddled her tightly and latched her to slp... she woke up at 5+, so at least i get some rest too... although i still feel sooooo tired.

oh dear kary, will u be able to slp in the day when bb's sleeping?

Piglim *big hugs* come here n vent all u want! try telling ur hubby again gently how u feel, face to face? my hubby most of the time not at home as well, and today on duty until tmr won't even be home tonight, and it's weekend! >< so i'm home alone with my ils, but in evening they gg out, so i will hv to manage on my own at night.

i guess we hv to live with ils for as long as they live? at least for my case, that is... my mil has been understanding and v helpful so i really appreciate it, although sometimes little things get on my nerves, like although she's v hygienic n wants to wash her hands everytime she carries bb, she nv dries them! then her hands all cold and wet >< when during confinement i will scold my mum lor until she wipe till dry dry dry... :/

most complaints are on my fil though. already even created a thread on it >< he everyday only ang gu gu bb, cannot say anything more meaningful... n teach the nephew to ang gu gu to bb also >< then he only wan to carry bb when she's not crying (which is seldom la cos she's always latching if not crying, so i still let him carry although he only ang gu gu, afterall he's the grandpa) and when bb cries, he will just watch the bb and laugh at her and imitate her crying... everytime also like that, it's damn irritating! one bb cry already enough, i dun hv to hear an old man standing there trying make bb crying sounds... omg it's v annoying. and v childish. ><

then today... mil v nice to buy breakfast for us... cos little nephew stayed over last night (he's super sticky with my in-laws) and fil stayed in bed to watch tv w him (ils room has 2 tv, one for them to watch, one for nephew to watch! and my room? no tv... zzz) mil bought chwee kuey. i love spicy stuff so she always added chilli for me. this morning she was rather apologetic when she told me that fil ate my packet. she said fil always cannot decide want chilli or not. so if she buy with chilli and he doesn't want, he will grumble at her. but he still dun wan say wan chilli or not b4 she goes out, so she bought one packet with chilli and one without. then who knows when she bought back, fil suddenly said he wants chilli de and ate my packet, leaving the packet without chilli. i was latching in bedroom all this while. but i'm ok la, i mean chwee kuey without chilli is also nice. i just love spicy that's all, doesn't mean i cannot live without it. but fil really is make ppl (>__<") lor... anyway if this happens back at home, my parents probably will split the chilli between the two packets so each get some chilli... haha

i v salute mil for tolerating fil for all these years. seriously. he doesn't help with anything at home at all. only know how to sleep and play and drink beer with fellow annoying uncles in the kopitiam and hv fun and laugh at bb... zzz. but i must also add, i appreciate it that he quit smoking then i marry hubby and moved in cos i really don't like it. that is one v big plus point and i am really closing one eye on all the silly things he's doing to bb now.

erlina040

Hugz* piglim..

Don't be upset. Give yourself some free time and it might be due to hormonal change that you are more sensitive to changes.. Just vent ur frustration here and we are all ur listening ear and can understand ur situation. With a child, a lot or things change, it's a 24 hour comitment.

meltie

Think e biggest prob staying with mother in law is when your hubby sides the mum n you r not given support.
Cried so much last night till my eyes r swollen this morning.. Everyone is tired, all 3 of us also lack of sleep.. As I can't see eye to eye with certain things my mother in law do I will always SMS long messages to hubby to report to him n tell him to teach his mum properly. I thought it's the only way I can feel better but letting it out... N I needed him to know... End up he says he's tired of receiving all the long msges from me complaining bout his mum. Ask me to tell him only when he finish work n is at hm. The thing is I dont even get to see him sometimes cos he finishes work late, sometimes he's hm at 2am n I m alrdy sleeping.. N even if he's earlier the last thing I want to do is to complain!

The other time when his mum did not follow my instruction he was the one who ask me to write it down. N yesterday night when I did so he just raises his voice in front of his mum saying why I write so much. cant I tell his mum instead, write so much she also may not understand.

I Just left the room. I feel I have lost the love I used to get from my hubby.. Y must things change just becos we have a baby... I know he loves me but e way he does now is totally different. I dont't regret hving a baby cos my son is really super adorable... M I only able to vent in this forum n act as a robot? I know all mothers went thru e same hardship n my mother in law suffered in e past too... Hubby saw we crying n apologized but that's really not what I want...

I m trying to not cry cos I dont't want to affect my supply but it's tough.. Last night all I could do was to chant n get some peace from it (I m Buddhist) I feel like a loner at hm now. Do I really need to stay with my mother in law forever? ;(((
Hey Piglim, hugs k! Let's not cry over things that are beyond our control.. let's get ourselves together and press on! For the sake of our marriage and baby , we need to take time and effort to work things out! :)

I also broke down yesterday when my hubby was saying why i keep saying i going bonkers due to bb's crying n feeding habits.. he slept thru the whole night and did not understand how tough it was for me.. bb cried to a point where i really don't wanna hear her scream anymore.. i was so stressed by all her crying and wanting to carry, her bites and her slplessness.. he don't understand the crazy night and hormones i have! But as i told him that i did not slp at all and stuff that happened.. he empathised and said sorry and kissed me.. though i thought maybe he just wanna soothe me at that moment...

But anyway, i think its really impt to have direct communication w our hubbies.. sometimesx man just forget to listen and stuff solutions.. and some just forget and shoot their mouth.. my hubby is also a mummy's boy to a certain extent.. but i always remind him that we are now married together and he must not always be a yes-man to his mum and disregard my feelings.. Piglim, perhaps take a small little break to talk things out w ur hubby? he needs to stand by u .. i don't think you guys will lose the feeling coz of small things.. maybe he's also stressed and sandwiched? How abt joking w him or make appt for a nice dinner after confinement? :) Look ahead and work out each challenge one by one? Just like how we went thru pregnancy.. my frens always say 1st few months is tough, gotta bite our teeth and get thru it.. we are tough mummies ya? Our babies give us strength!! :D

This morning i was carrying baby to make her slp after feed and burp.. she smiled at me! I called her name in english and in chinese alternately 5 times and she smiled 5 times! Glad she loves her name charlotte! Just something that makes me feel strengthened and all things seems worthwhile.. priceless..!

Was wondering if any of u mummies got do top-up of feed to bb? Esp after a feed, burp, baby pooped, change diapers, den she seems hungry and searching again...i topped up w latch this morn... Then just now after latch , break awhile and CL bathed her.. after her non stop crying for as long as the bath took, she was hungry again.. so i topped up 30ml of ebm for her.. she drank it all... i'm wondering is it considered good? seems like she's having small meals / snacking...

Rodorsany

Hugs piglim.... Just vent it out... We are here to listen... Just last night I also cried myself to sleep... As I was trying to latch... Bb make a fuss.. Instead of helping me talk to bb to be corporative (which my #1will) hb just rush to make fm n shove it in front of me i just break down n cried...

Felicity i also dunno hw whistling associate with peeing.... But somehw it works who cares... Lmao kekeke

Will b bz today prob wont b able to latch... Lucky still got ebm.. No need whole day fm... Phew!!!

lizzy2101

Piglim same situation i felt past few days only diff mil was supportive of me cos hubby was disappointed at me not having milk supply for bb, he doesnt like the idea i gv fm but no choice.. Bb drink 120ml i can only pump 60ml :( i cant even store it is pump and drink.. He was saying i dried up cos i didnt follow doctors advise to latch but cant help it.. My bb stayed in hospital after i discharged and they hv to give bb fm so by the time he went home he is used to bottle and just sleep whenever he is latch on me *sigh.* but hubby dowsnt understand this he only thinks that i deprived bb with my bm and making me feel im the worst mum.. Just making myself strong and positive, so anyway mil went back to nz yesterday hubby shocked i cried much, so from yesterday he's been supportive to me and attending with my needs and bb maybe mil talked to him otw to airport.. Lol sorry bout venting here.. So jiayou mummies we can do it with or without help wif anyone as long as for bb!

Last edited:

felicity

Yup husbands don't seem to understand what we r going thru.. Good thing is despite all the frustration there will be more bond between bb n mummy... :p

Anyway as mummies we come to forum n also read up a lot on the goodness of bm n on issues on nipple confusion etc.. Hubbies won't bother, so sometimes hv to make them read.. Tell them they dun listen, then tell them to read what the experts say... If I find more links will come n share :)

felicity

Ok I immediately made a search while bb fell aslp latching.. Here's some links

http://www.mymidwife.org/After-Birth-The-First-Six-Weeks

http://www.babycenter.com/0_dividing-childcare-and-housework-duties-with-your-partner_446.bc

http://kellymom.com/bf/normal/frequent-nursing/

felicity

http://singaporemotherhood.com/articles/2011/11/breastfeeding-in-public/ maybe we can hv a group breastfeeding session lol... But seriously, w all thy fussing while latching her, I really dun dare to nurse bb in public yet!!!

Kary2500

Awww Piglim and all of u mommies who are having trouble feeding ur babies.. Just stay strong things will get better..

Piglim u should probably leave ur baby at home with ur mil to take care and go out with ur hubby even if it's just for a half an hour walk... Trust me it will help for both of u.. N den just tell him what ever ur feeling like cry if u have to but face to face talk helps so much.. I hav always been like u, esp when my mil is around I send long msgs to my hubby bout all my irritation.. But den realized that he comes back all tired from work n throws all his frustration on me because of those msgs.. The last time my mil came to live with us I just learned de art of ignoring and whenever possible I just told her off, but in a more subtle way.. And it helps to just get things off.. At that time I thought if she said anything to her son I would hav just blamed de pregnancy hormones ;)