EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

Summerz

Dear mummies

Am new here.. My bb gal will be one month old this sat. She's born 34weeks.
This two days she had been drinking lesser milk (abt 70ml), last week she been drinking abt 90ml.
Wondering if it's normal to have a decrease in her intake?

meltie

I'm super tired.. last bight whole night did not sleep at all.. bb charlotte wake up crying for feed every 1-1.5hrs.. and den hard to get her to slp and burp.. and when she finally slps,awhile later she cries again.... zzz i still had to go pump and empty out my breasts... feeding her ebm is not ez..

i told my hubby abt feeding her ard 40-50ml den top up when she needs, he is not keen as he say v mafan to heat up the milk.. currently he takes like 10-20mins to heat up the milk frm the fridge... it feels like ages! He doesn't want to directly out he bottle into hot water bathe, he wants to cool it in room temp water to room temp den soak in hot water bath to heat up.. he say if directly put will spoil the milk... grr i just argued with him again , say he too slpw.. bb already crying at top of her voice.. told him way in advance that milk needs to be ready.. yet he just took out frm fridge only... haiz

how do you mummies heat up ur ebm from fridge? Any faster efficient way?

Anyway, i think my bb too used to pacifier liao.. esp they soothe her w it every day in icu.. just now she cried and cried, not hungry but give her latch on to suckle, ahe just bites and puke out.. and refuse to latch, she only wanna suckle the tip of the nipple.. is there any way we can condition her to forget the pacifier? sighh i feel alot of times she cry is coz she wants comfort pacifier...

ahwang

Hi meltie, hang in there. My boy also wakes up every 2 hrs at night to feed. Everyday he will only have one long slp of 3-5hrs depends. But that is usually at day time. So I made use of the time to make up for my lack of slp. I took ebm out from fridge and put in lucky baby warmer it took abt 3 min to warm up. Why need to cool at room temp? Ebm can drink at room temp? My ebm is nv really warm when I feed. It's ard room temp.

ahwang

Hi meltie this is what I got from baby centre

In most cases the mother will leave EBM ready in bottles in the fridge. Fresh EBM can be kept safely in the fridge for up to 5 days. To warm cold EBM stand the bottle in a container of hot water (not boiling) until the EBM reaches body heat. Test how warm the milk is by dropping a little onto your wrist. It is right when it feels warm. Do not overheat or boil EBM as this can destroy some of the nutrients in breastmilk.

So far I haven't frozen my edm yet as supply not enuf to meet his demand already needless to say abt storage.

reiann

Ha I sometimes feed my baby cold ebm!! She'd make a face but would then gulp it down. As long as its not frozen. And I judo sometimes use warm water bath. No problem.

Rodorsany

lizzy2101:701522 said:
hello, any mummies give pacifier to your baby?
I do since his first week. Using 3 brands, tommee tippie, mam, and avent.
I gave my girl pigeon.. But she's not really keen... Sometimes i jus need to carry her close she'll b pacified but if others carry need pacifier... Mayb of my boobs scent n heartbeat bah... I believe its e bond too... ;-)

yeoymp

hi Lizzy, does ur bb have nipple confusion when u gave pacifier? am so tempted to give my bb pacifier, sometimes he just want comfort suck on my nipples, and he wants to carry till he sleep these 2days......but scare he will reject my nipple if I gv pacifier.

I'm using huggies and drypers, so far so good.

Rodorsany

I will pour out e amount needed into bottle. Stir a little (with bottle seal) gently before putting in a cuppa warm warm. Change e warm water a few times... Though waste.. A couple mins la..

purpur

Rodorsany n Lizzy,

I using huggies initially then start using merries now .. but merries new born size abit too big for my bb . These 2 brands so far so gd .. but my cl says mummy poko Gd .. so I bought but yet to try ..

reiann

mammy poko is very good, but expensive! the quality of the diapers itself shows.. very well made. I always use them at night as they seem to last very long, absorbing pee very well, even with lots of poop.

I've also tried drypers: the design are super cute (rainbow and clouds!) and they're not too bad (fitting, absorbancy).

pampers is also not bad. cute design too, and they feel and look a bit thin, but they managed to hold pee ok. though sometimes if after a lot of pee, it feels a bit damp when I carry my baby.

the house brand of first choice (cold storage) is relatively cheap, and for what it's worth, really not bad. I just have ot make sure it's placed on baby properly, and it hasn't really leaked.

huggies are fine. I find that their newborn size diapers are quite small, and the side tabs not as comfortable. it seems to 'cut' into baby's thighs (and my baby doesn't even have chubby thighs). so I won't buy huggies anymore.

I want to try NTUC housebrand but I can't find their Small size ones.

what's the average cost of a diaper? about $0.30/diaper? so heart pain..

purpur

Beside latching n bottle feed mummies are doing now .. do u all bathe ur bb , changing poo n pee yourself or there is helper n cl helping ??

purpur

Cos I felt guilty sometimes , when I knw bb poo I will ask cl to clean him .. :p

I only latch, bottle feed, massage him n change his pee .. e rest I get cl to help out ..

purpur

Haiz , 2 more sessions my post natal massage ends .. Dunno wanna extend doing .. cos tummy still ugly .. :mad: n water retention not clear yet . Normally how many sessions u mummies having ??

Kary2500

Did anyone go to the baby fair happening this weekend at expo?? Fair price is having a diaper sale there, jus wanna know if anyone has already checked it out?