EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

Lingz12

purpur:701553 said:
Cos I felt guilty sometimes , when I knw bb poo I will ask cl to clean him .. :p

I only latch, bottle feed, massage him n change his pee .. e rest I get cl to help out ..
I'm another guilty one.. Haha.. But I changed diapers for poo once (and tat's cos CL went to sleep and left me with bb as I was latching her in the room behind closed door).. Luckily bb was in deep sleep so din realli fuss much wen I change her diapers.. A bit clumsy but I did it.. Haha.. After CL leaves this Sun, I will be handling bb all on my own including bathing! I tink bathing is the scary part.. Haha..

meltie

hey mummies, i'm exhausted.. bb just fed at 1.05pm 45ml, den cried non stop at 2.15pm i latched her till 2.50pm.. wanna put her down she cried, carry for awhile, she dozed off and den i tried to put her down, she cried after 2 mins... been soothing her since 3pm.. she just wakes up crying and doze off in my arms... i just put her down at 3.26pm, 10mins passed .. hope she stays this way,.. do i consider this behavior of bb as irritable? wondering if she got colic coz just read some symptoms.. she squirms and cannot slp for long and cries... (also i think she is used to carrying liao.. once out of arms.. that's it.. ) help help!!

Rodorsany

Other then bathing i did everything... I will bath bb after 40 days as was told not to squat or bend down too much

Hmm i very long no.buy diapers thats y asking i toilet trained my #1 as early as week 2... Haha now trying to train bb.. It helps alot la.. Even that time #1high fever need to do urine test need not stick e "collecting pack" on her pte part...

Now coz need to bring bb out so wanna buy hospital gave huggies i dun really like e stick pad... Comes off easily... With my chou loh hb.. Even wanna se if poo poo.. Will destroy e diaper even if its dry one... Duh... I heard alot of ppl rave abt merries is it really good?? Last time I used mamy poko too

felicity

diapers ive used goon during confinement which i like, huggies from tmc, pampers which i find ok, now drypers new born finishing n sometimes leaking cos i think too small. bought mamypoko after reading a thread on diapers but havent started using.

bathed bb during confinement, put bathtub on chairs n sat on chair to bathe. comeback mil offered to help bathe n wipe bb everyday so let her. but i just now while changing her nappy realized her belly button v dirty got blackish powdery stuff inside >< is it normal?!

i changed her diapers or nappies myself since day 1.. trying to be independent n do everything myself.. furthermore bb sleeps w me so more convenient to do myself than to get someone else.

bb 6 weeks old ytd.. my discharge still on n off.. wonder when can i stop wearing pad..

felicity

meltie *hugs* but dunno how to help u cos my own bb wants to be carried n latched nonstop.. i just bear with it n let her.. cos cannot bear to let her wail.. nv knew i could be so soft hearted.. sigh..

rodorsany good! u toilet training bb le.. last time my sil's son come n stay in my place since after confinement n my mil babysit him over weekdays.. mil potty train bb since 1 mth.. or attempt to? cos now 4 years old he still wears diapers.. but i think only to bed.. my bb no stable poo time yet.. she poos a lot of times in the day then for two daysshe poo only 1 or 2 times a day.. but these two daysback to pooing many times throughout the day again.. how u potty train ur bb?

lizzy2101

hi Lizzy, does ur bb have nipple confusion when u gave pacifier? am so tempted to give my bb pacifier, sometimes he just want comfort suck on my nipples, and he wants to carry till he sleep these 2days......but scare he will reject my nipple if I gv pacifier.

I'm using huggies and drypers, so far so good.
he doesntt latch directly to me i have to use mam nipple shield.. If u csn help not giving your bb and plan to latch bb for long then i advice dont give..

lizzy2101

Meltie my baby used to carry and pacifier so idk how help will advise :( ive been hands on with my bb since went home from hospital.. So tired la, feeding, changing diaper, and bathing! Sometimes hubby helps though ;)

Lingz12

hey mummies, i'm exhausted.. bb just fed at 1.05pm 45ml, den cried non stop at 2.15pm i latched her till 2.50pm.. wanna put her down she cried, carry for awhile, she dozed off and den i tried to put her down, she cried after 2 mins... been soothing her since 3pm.. she just wakes up crying and doze off in my arms... i just put her down at 3.26pm, 10mins passed .. hope she stays this way,.. do i consider this behavior of bb as irritable? wondering if she got colic coz just read some symptoms.. she squirms and cannot slp for long and cries... (also i think she is used to carrying liao.. once out of arms.. that's it.. ) help help!!
Hi meltie.. I cant advise too.. Cos it's the same for me! Bb used to sleep very well after feeds (both direct latching and EBM) but not now.. In the past after latching, she will be in deep sleep and can sleep until her next feed.. Now, once I put her down in the cot, her eyes will open super big and start fussing.. So I have to carry her up and walk around the house so that she settles down again.. Put her back in the cot and if im lucky, she will sleep in the cot for 30min to an hour before fussing to be carried again.. Sighz.. I thought sleeping in cot is more comfy? Apparently she doesnt think so.. =(

Lingz12

Other then bathing i did everything... I will bath bb after 40 days as was told not to squat or bend down too much

Hmm i very long no.buy diapers thats y asking i toilet trained my #1 as early as week 2... Haha now trying to train bb.. It helps alot la.. Even that time #1high fever need to do urine test need not stick e "collecting pack" on her pte part...

Now coz need to bring bb out so wanna buy hospital gave huggies i dun really like e stick pad... Comes off easily... With my chou loh hb.. Even wanna se if poo poo.. Will destroy e diaper even if its dry one... Duh... I heard alot of ppl rave abt merries is it really good?? Last time I used mamy poko too
Rodorsany.. Wow.. How u toilet train ur bb as early as week 2? Share leh.. :D

Lingz12

diapers ive used goon during confinement which i like, huggies from tmc, pampers which i find ok, now drypers new born finishing n sometimes leaking cos i think too small. bought mamypoko after reading a thread on diapers but havent started using.

bathed bb during confinement, put bathtub on chairs n sat on chair to bathe. comeback mil offered to help bathe n wipe bb everyday so let her. but i just now while changing her nappy realized her belly button v dirty got blackish powdery stuff inside >< is it normal?!

i changed her diapers or nappies myself since day 1.. trying to be independent n do everything myself.. furthermore bb sleeps w me so more convenient to do myself than to get someone else.

bb 6 weeks old ytd.. my discharge still on n off.. wonder when can i stop wearing pad..
yeah.. me tinking of putting bathtub on a higher surface so that I dun need to squat to bathe her next week.. But put on chair stable? The chair gotta be very big ba?

tat day I was asking gynae how long will the discharge last.. she says a month leh.. I have been counting down.. But u 6 weeks still have discharge? Huh, that means i have to count down longer? So sick of wearing pads and changing everyday already.. =(

Kary2500

I have been giving my baby a bath too since the day I was discharged... Put the tub on a table so I don't hav to squat.. Though I have never tried bathing baby alone.. Hubby or my mum always help out. The biggest prob is when my baby decides to poo or pee just when givin her a bath, then have to Change the bath water :p lol

Rodorsany yes please share how u toilet trained ur babies..

When did all of u mommies cut ur baby's finger nails for the first time? My baby is two weeks old and I hav still not cut them, still scared to do that..

lizzy2101

Karry i havent cut my bb nails lol abd he's already 39 days :p

Felicity my bleeding stops 2 weeks ago already... Now wearing liners cos of discharge (the normal one). Waiting for my first period but not looking forward for the cramps :D

reiann

Have you mums read 'The Baby Whisperer'? Quite a good book - I'm not done with it yet - but one of the first advice is 'EASY' - eat, activity, sleep, you. i.e. let the baby eat (latch on, bottle, etc), then have some activity time (which in newborns = diaper changing, burping, bit of tummy time, etc), and then when you see signs of baby being sleepy, put her to sleep. some babies are more difficult to put to sleep than others, so there are some ways (e.g. swaddle, and then shush-pat method). I find that my baby will sleep well when swaddled, and it must be cool - it cannot be hot. if it's too hot, my baby can't fall asleep. then watch out for 'light sleep' - eye movement under closed lids, etc. that is the time you have to be quiet and let the baby fall into deep sleep. once in deep sleep, noise don't really wake my baby up.

then me time! yay!

of course, this 'EASY' thing is not easy, and it doesn't always work. but I find that if my baby don't fall asleep after E and A, she will get cranky again shortly. following this works...

also, I'm trying to learn as much from my baby as possible - some of her cries in the middle of her sleep is not of hunger, but of gas (so she will fart or poop soon), lots of leg movements etc. then sometimes she will cry but it's because of reflux, and shortly after she will spit up milk, even if it's been 1 -2 hours since last feeding! the milk looks all curdled (yuck), but once she throws up she's fine. sometimes she cries cos she really is hungry, but usually she will wake up first and make noises before she cries of hunger.

I don't let my baby cry for long. I hate it when she cries, cos IMO it's a waste of her energy to cry, and after crying she's more tired so won't feed as much, so the next cycle will start shortly again. I try to minimize her crying everyday.. so even before she starts to cry, just fussing and scrunching up her face, I'll be there for her already. I find that it helps.

but of course these are on good days.. on bad days.. maybe her growth spurt days.. it can be difficult :(

reiann

I haven't trimmed my baby's nails either! almost 3 weeks old. sharp as talons, when she claws at my breasts :(

my lochia is also seemingly tapering off.. I'm hoping for some 'time' with my husband soon!! can't wait!! any of you already attempted it already?

felicity

My lochia tapering off then back then on n off.. Sigh.. I read is 4-6 weeks but my 6 weeks was ytd :/ sianz, hate using pads! But now discharge lighter.. Maybe use liners, but hate if stain on undie..

Haha my bb is 6 weeks old n nv trim her nails b4!! Planning to trim over this weekend n stop using mittens thereafter..

Back at my parents place we put the bathtub on 2 chairs n I sat in one.. Is those round stools w no backrest type.. Now my mil put on the floor n sit on a low stool to bathe bb.

reiann thanks for sharing the bb whisperer tips! :D just now bb finally can play a bit without fussing or latching, b4 she wails for milk again I took a video of her. Then she wants to latch again.. I was so starving, latched her n then mil carry her I had dinner. She cried for a long long time b4 falling aslp in MIL's arms.. Maybe too tired, whole day refuse to slp! But after sometime mil tried to put her on the bed she woke up again.. Tried 2x... Now mil still carrying her.. Gimme a break first.. Keke

Memory

felicity: don't be down. I just don't understand why your husband is not helping out and he could go play comp games etc!! why would you want to have a kid? tsk to him!

I think it would all soon be over.. and before we know it, we'd have a toddler in our hands, not a newborn anymore! already my baby looks different...bigger, different!

for those both latching adn bottle feeding: does your baby get 'nipple confusion'? sometimes at night I can't help it but supplement with ebm which I've pumped earlier in the day. afraid my baby gets confused and only 'nibbles' at my breasts, not latch on properly..
Initially i also have the same thought as u as wong boi boi mention not to introduce bottle when breast feeding is not establish. Try cup feeding n its slow and time consuming so no choice try bottle n it turn out fine. However i will try to latch on whenever possible.

Lingz12

Kary.. I din cut my girl's nails too.. She's 3wks plus now.. I just use mittens else she will pull her own hair, scratch her face and my boobs.. mittens are still like her security blanket now.. so I tink I will onli cut her nails wen she can ditch the mittens without wailing..

As for tummy time, PD recommended wen we went for visit at 1 week old.. I din give her tummy time everyday.. Jus wen she refuse to sleep.. And can't give her tummy time after feed too cos she will puke milk.. anyway, she hates tummy time.. haha..

reiann

memory: you're right. I was very hesitant to try bottle for ebm but I had to when my baby was going through a growth spurt of sorts, and demanding so much more milk, so I expressed whenever I can to top up breast feeding.. and she was fine with it! she knows the difference between bottle and breasts, though I think she prefers latching on and always acts a little confused whenever we offer the bottle. then again, I give her milk by breasts 90% of the time, and bottle only about 10%.

kary: tummy time even from newborn! I did it when I took her home. you can simply place your baby on your chest/tummy. start by holding her upright, and placing her against your chest, then you slowly lie down. doesn't even have to be 100% lying down, even at an incline.. she gets some tummy time, and even better, skin to skin bonding.

sometimes I place her in her cot tummy side down but I have to watch her like a hawk, make sure she doesn't suffocate herself. she quite likes it.. goes very quiet.. and it's quite amazing watching her try to lift her neck already!

tummy time on husband is easier, as his chest/body is larger..

Memory

memory: you're right. I was very hesitant to try bottle for ebm but I had to when my baby was going through a growth spurt of sorts, and demanding so much more milk, so I expressed whenever I can to top up breast feeding.. and she was fine with it! she knows the difference between bottle and breasts, though I think she prefers latching on and always acts a little confused whenever we offer the bottle. then again, I give her milk by breasts 90% of the time, and bottle only about 10%.

kary: tummy time even from newborn! I did it when I took her home. you can simply place your baby on your chest/tummy. start by holding her upright, and placing her against your chest, then you slowly lie down. doesn't even have to be 100% lying down, even at an incline.. she gets some tummy time, and even better, skin to skin bonding.

sometimes I place her in her cot tummy side down but I have to watch her like a hawk, make sure she doesn't suffocate herself. she quite likes it.. goes very quiet.. and it's quite amazing watching her try to lift her neck already!

tummy time on husband is easier, as his chest/body is larger..
Yes thats what exactly i do and theres no confusion and time of feeding is shorten. Sometimes when i bottle feed, my boy still aiming at the breast area.

Tummy time is gd for baby? Create bonding.. Wat other gd points? Nv try that after delivery.