EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

lizzy2101

HI all.. i'm almost 12 weeks preg... but i have been forgetting to take my folic acids for the past 2 weeks...... is it ok???
i think no harm done as long as you been eating a well balance diet, old age they dont have folic acid vitamins do they? lol think folic acid vit is only to make sure you getting the right amount of folate baby needs, but you can get it to by eating leafy veg, fruits and some food products has folate in it etc.. and of course i could be wrong with this, let's hope that your baby is fine and healthy!

Radical

HI all.. i'm almost 12 weeks preg... but i have been forgetting to take my folic acids for the past 2 weeks...... is it ok???
I second what Lizzy said. Anyway you will be due for Oscar scanning these few weeks. The test results sould give you some assurances. :eek:

Lingz12

I just came back from Oscar test at Thomson Medical Center.. No appt so walk-in at 830.. Waited till 11 for my turn.. But little one not in right position.. Was told to fill up bladder and try again 30min later.. The 2nd try still cant, despite me turning left n right and them shaking my tummy.. Was told to go see gynae first and come back again.. Long queue at Dr Wong's, and waited very long for my turn.. Finally went back for Oscar test at 3pm.. On our 5th attempt, little one finally cooperated.. I almost cried with relief.. Definitely a traumatic experience for me.. I hope e test come out ok.. *pray very hard*

Btw, I really love e staff at Thomson Medical Center.. They are so encouraging.. Telling me not to give up and giving me the "magic" sweet that will hopefully coax little one to cooperate.. Hee.. 2 thumbs up for them.. Without them, I think I will probably go mad.. Haha.. :D

lizzy2101

I just came back from Oscar test at Thomson Medical Center.. No appt so walk-in at 830.. Waited till 11 for my turn.. But little one not in right position.. Was told to fill up bladder and try again 30min later.. The 2nd try still cant, despite me turning left n right and them shaking my tummy.. Was told to go see gynae first and come back again.. Long queue at Dr Wong's, and waited very long for my turn.. Finally went back for Oscar test at 3pm.. On our 5th attempt, little one finally cooperated.. I almost cried with relief.. Definitely a traumatic experience for me.. I hope e test come out ok.. *pray very hard*

Btw, I really love e staff at Thomson Medical Center.. They are so encouraging.. Telling me not to give up and giving me the "magic" sweet that will hopefully coax little one to cooperate.. Hee.. 2 thumbs up for them.. Without them, I think I will probably go mad.. Haha.. :D
That's nice to hear Ling :) i hope all our Oscar result will turn fine :D waiting for mine too. Dr appointment in two weeks time, cant wait to hear the result!

Radical

Thanks Lizzie!! Will try to schedule.. but heard the waiting time is quite long, especially for Thomson Med.... =(
Yes you are right. We waited for 3 hours. Likely for us little one was cooperative and lying there in the correct position in the first scan attempt.

Wow Poor Lingz, that's like a whole day there....

felicity

wow Lingz that's one whole day... but in the end at least bb cooperate, yay! hope everyone gets to hear good results :)

it's a depressing day... i cough until seeing stars n imagine myself cough until fall into mrt track and die... *sob* feel like throwing myself out of the window. hope the emo-ness goes away soon!

last night slept halfway was 'stuck' in dreamgenii... lol... i was lying on my left and wanna roll over to my right with the bolster between my legs, end up woke up with the pillow meant to be behind lower back stuck under my back, and can't roll entirely cos i'm lying on the pillow, so the part between my legs can't be pulled over to my right... totally awkward and stuck and ended up waking up >< really need to get used to the pillow!

Lingz12

Yeah.. I was there the whole day from 830am to 5pm.. So terribly tired.. Worse than working.. But luckily little one cooperated in the end so I dont need to reschedule to come back another day.. I really cannot imagine that.. They said I almost break record .. And the other mummies waiting for their turns were all so puzzled.. Cos they see me going in and out of those ultrasound rooms.. Boohoo~

lizzy2101

Im so down today and so wanna give up... Only thing that holding me strong is my baby.. Sigh! Hope im not making this torture wuth my unborn child.. I kept holding my emotions and controlling myself to cry.. Sorry for the off topic guys, really depressed :(

Lingz12

Im so down today and so wanna give up... Only thing that holding me strong is my baby.. Sigh! Hope im not making this torture wuth my unborn child.. I kept holding my emotions and controlling myself to cry.. Sorry for the off topic guys, really depressed :(
Oh dear.. Lizzy.. *hugs* dont cry dont cry.. mus keep yourself happy and stay strong! no matter what happen, your baby will be jiayou-ing with you.. :D

Piglim

Hey lizzy, just want u to know u r not alone. I m feelin so too... Sometimes i also feel like giving up... Its just so so suffering.. I m still vomitting (now i m 15wks alrdy) n there r just so many things i cant eat... Cos if i smell or eat them i will vomit.., I think it's ok to cry n let out ur unhappiness if it makes u feel better. I do tat sometimes... N when my hubby knows he'll give me a hug n comfort me... Tat feels great! u must try to divert tat feelin n make urself happier. Just keep tellin urself to b strong... Mayb start thinking how u want to decorate e baby's room n wat r e things u need to buy. N where to get Gd deals... I think once u get busy with theses u will prob forget about e xinku-ness.

On a different note, last wed I went to see my gynae... Doc says its most likely a prince (she says hmm got something stickin out can't b e baby's finger right?) haha... Was actually hopin for a princess but well boy is fine too :) hubby says try for a gal e next time but I think 1 is enough cos this 9 mths seems forever for me.... My baby now weighs 113g n I hv gained 2kg... Hmm m I puttin on too much weight? How bout u gals? Is ur bb also ard this weight range? Just wanna know if it's normal. ;)

I hv also signed e package with my gynae. $700 for scans consultation urine tests...(doesn't include e supplements) All e way till delivery.

lizzy2101

Hey lizzy, just want u to know u r not alone. I m feelin so too... Sometimes i also feel like giving up... Its just so so suffering.. I m still vomitting (now i m 15wks alrdy) n there r just so many things i cant eat... Cos if i smell or eat them i will vomit.., I think it's ok to cry n let out ur unhappiness if it makes u feel better. I do tat sometimes... N when my hubby knows he'll give me a hug n comfort me... Tat feels great! u must try to divert tat feelin n make urself happier. Just keep tellin urself to b strong... Mayb start thinking how u want to decorate e baby's room n wat r e things u need to buy. N where to get Gd deals... I think once u get busy with theses u will prob forget about e xinku-ness.

On a different note, last wed I went to see my gynae... Doc says its most likely a prince (she says hmm got something stickin out can't b e baby's finger right?) haha... Was actually hopin for a princess but well boy is fine too :) hubby says try for a gal e next time but I think 1 is enough cos this 9 mths seems forever for me.... My baby now weighs 113g n I hv gained 2kg... Hmm m I puttin on too much weight? How bout u gals? Is ur bb also ard this weight range? Just wanna know if it's normal. ;)

I hv also signed e package with my gynae. $700 for scans consultation urine tests...(doesn't include e supplements) All e way till delivery.
Thanks guys, im prolly hvin slight prenatal depression, since i cant blame MS with what im feelng i kept thinking sad things and been sensitive. :( but i feel better now, fiance consorted me and made me feel how important i am to him.. :)

lizzy2101

Feelng feverish... I brought son walk around mall and it rain suddenly when we're about to go home, i got rain shower a bit so maybe thats why feverish now :(

tealeaf

Hi all, my EDD is 20 Sept 2012. I am 12 weeks pregnant now. Glad to know that many are due in Sept :)

This is my first pregnancy. Both husband and I are very happy. I am lucky that I do not have MS throughout my pregnancy. Only few times in the afternoon I did not have appetite. also often my stomach was bloated. Diarrhea was quite common when I took spicy food teehee.... otherwise it would be constipation which I ignored for 2 days and after that I would pass motion anyway.

Last week during my urine test, my glucose level was high so I was asked to come again after fasting for glucose test. I hate my blood being taken, but I have to remind myself this is for our baby. I only weigh less than 45 kg and no increase in body weight throughout pregnancy.

Seeing the baby so active during my check up last week brought joy to us. My stomach does not show up yet. Last time my sister's stomach looked obvious when she's in her 5-mth pregnancy.

Lizzy and piglim, it's normal to have prenatal blues. Hope it goes away as soon as it comes. felicity, hope you're getting well soon. My throat starts to itch and I have a slight flu. I guess I have to eat vit c and honey lime soon.

regenz

Welcome tealeaf. You are so lucky. I am in my 14th week and i am still vomiting from time to time but getting much better.

You gals should head to the TAKA baby fair. There is Philip Avent bundle sales there for breast pumps and sterilizers. I think pigeon brand is also having bundle sales. The Philip Avent sterilizer set is $188 come with 5 bottles, bottle warmer, pacifiers, blanket .. not sure what else is inside. Quite a few people bought breast pump bundle set, though i am still thinking about it.

Shopping for baby may help chase the preg blues away. Hope everyone feels better

mellissalong

Expecting no. 2 in late Sept too! Arranged for Oscar's next week, hope everything will be fine! Cheers to all the mommies here!! ^^

sapphire

Just did my Oscars... Hearing all your experiences, I dragged my tired hubby there early in the morning and started queuing at 7.50am... thankfully despite many appointment holders flocking in, we managed to get the scans and bloodtest done by 9 plus... phew!! I think reading the forum really helps me understand what to expect.. Thnks for all your feeds and advice!!!

Can't wait to see my baby's pics next week when I visit my doc...