EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

yuen6

Hi Ahwang there is a brand of organic cereals called Healthy Times. They have brown rice cereal, barley, oatmeal. You can find it at the organic section of fairprice finest. I give that to my baby.

Piglim

Hmm is it necessary to give cereals? Porridge cannot?

haiz last Friday evening my baby fell from the bed.. I cried so much. Cried more than him. I was too confident n complacent that I can catch him in time if he falls but he crawled so fast.. I was totally taken aback :( we didn't take him to the hospital cos he seemed fine the next day... Really regretted n felt so guilty... What a lousy mother I am.. Till today I still can't believe it...

I called the pd whether I should bring him for chk up cos dunno if there r internal bleedings or not. But they said alrdy more than 24 hrs n if he's not vomitting should b fine. Really hate myself.. He must hv felt why mummy didn't protect me.. ;.....( he was moody on sat (next day) but was back to normal on sun... Really dunno if it'll affect his development... Anyone of u had similar experience?

reiann

Piglim - I'm sorry to hear :( but I'm sure he's just fine.

No, not necessary to feed cereal at all. I hardly fed any rice to my baby. Today I gave her butternut squash (baked then puréed) - I love it more than her ha ha! She seems to like sweet potato and broccoli best.

Healthy times is not bad.

Frankly speaking I'd rather keep food like cereal for when we are traveling or when I am v busy w work and no time to prepare..

snowkie

Sorry to hear abt that Piglim. I'm sure he's fine. Don't beat urself up abt it.

My boy loves porridge. One meal of porridge per day.I also give him papaya, banana etc. have not tried cereals or vege yet. Received samples from nestle and gerber. Yet to try.

KiBin

haiz last Friday evening my baby fell from the bed.. I cried so much. Cried more than him. I was too confident n complacent that I can catch him in time if he falls but he crawled so fast.. I was totally taken aback :( we didn't take him to the hospital cos he seemed fine the next day... Really regretted n felt so guilty... What a lousy mother I am.. Till today I still can't believe it...

I called the pd whether I should bring him for chk up cos dunno if there r internal bleedings or not. But they said alrdy more than 24 hrs n if he's not vomitting should b fine. Really hate myself.. He must hv felt why mummy didn't protect me.. ;.....( he was moody on sat (next day) but was back to normal on sun... Really dunno if it'll affect his development... Anyone of u had similar experience?

don't feel too bad about it... maybe you can consider buying mats to lay on the floor as your bb will be crawling about also...

as for food, i believe a number of people start off with cereals as there are available ones that you can buy off the shelf and you can just mix with water or milk to feed bb..

you can conside Heinz for organic cereals also... no, i am not employee of Heinz... :p

Kary2500

Awww piglim!! Dont beat yourself up about it, he's fine now.. I am always really scared to leave my bb on the bed too, now even with pillows around I feel she will just roll over them. I read a lot about babies falling from the bed, and everywhere it said if the baby is fine for 48 hours post the fall there is nothing to worry about it. And there will not be any developmental issues.

rosemummy

Hi ahwang mummy
I really got no time at all to cook. I half dead from work everyday rush fetch bb from ifc then morn rush to ifc then work
Very siong. When I home at 7 pm I rushed to warm up earth best puree. Thank goodness for this ready puree and invention of warmer!;)
Bought food processor not yet time cook.
Weekends maybe I try.
Porridge sounds good but ifc going give porridgr in 7 to 8 months I think. They asking me on menu preference already.
I know some working mummies manage to cook.
I still feel guilty giving ready made food but my mum told me as long bb grows up fine all same. I hope so!:)
So far I like earth best and ella kitchen.

Yes will take the other mummy advice to check out healthy times organic in ntuc!:)

rosemummy

Hi piglim mummy
Bb just too fast these days
Even in bb cot my bb can turn n pull down bumper almost knock head!
You try your best n your bb is fine!
Don think about it but must add in safety measures and our 24/7 eyes lo!

chaw

Hi Piglim,
How old is your son? When u start feed the porridge and carrot to your son?

Thanks

Just came back from pd.. Errr I thot it's the final jab.. But nope. Reiann cos I counted that my son has had 6 jabs alrdy so I thought it will b another 6mths before he
gets jabbed again but I'm wrong! Every mth still needs to go for his jab.. Poor boy... Luckily he cried for like 2 secs ;)

kary.. I steam the meat n blend the blend.. Add the stock/water so that it becomes like a paste.
As my son only eats like few tablespoon I froze the rest in cube trays.. But today asked pd for her advise she says best to do it fresh even though the intake little... (Cos nutrients lost when u freeze them) So gotta try out this wkend to see how... N surprise surprise my pd asks me to start fish on him! Goosh like super fast. Actually I dun think he's ready for food cos he still suck the food from the spoon (the way he latches on my breast) but well... He does enjoys the food n now snatches the fruit (plum) that I'm eating! Hhahah oh n he has got one pearlie white coming out.

Felicity totally no joke.. My son bite n pull my nipple!! Goosh think his gums sore or wat.. Bite pull bite pull.. I was screaming at the nursing room at Centrepoint the other day! Hahah

memory I think best to feed on high chair to train the kid. I did that since my son was 4.5mths so he kinda knows whenever he's on e high chair it means meal times.

Initially I started with 1 tablespoon porridge for 1 week. Then when on to 2 tablespoon the next wk. for breakfast n dinner 1 cube of carrot/potato/banana/apple..etc then for the 4th wk onwards it became porridge twice a day. Day n night. My pd says he should be eating half a cup.. But my son only eats like 4-5tableapoons! So gotta train him eat more. He's 7.75kg ;) I m so gonna try the brocolli n sweet potato that reiann recommended! ;) sounds yum!

justamom

Piglim:769582 said:

Piglim my boy fell from the sofa onto the rug as well..don't worry just monitor n c How..it happens when we're not careful.. have to Watch him more carefully..

Piglim

Hi chaw,

my son is now 6 mths 3 wks. He started rice cereal, apple, banana, carrot... From 4.5mths.. I only started giving him meat when he turned 6mths (although when he was 5.5mths my pd alrdy gave the green light). I was just uncomfortable giving him meat so early...
Will be starting him on fish tml. Bought thread fin fish...

Thanks mummies here for the comforting words... Still can't help feeling bad that his fault was caused by me!

Anw it looks like I need to supplement my milk with formula Le ;((( anyone doing that? Which brand u gals recommend? Dumex Gd? Sian.... I can't bf him till his 1 yr.. Sigh..

KiBin

Hi chaw,

my son is now 6 mths 3 wks. He started rice cereal, apple, banana, carrot... From 4.5mths.. I only started giving him meat when he turned 6mths (although when he was 5.5mths my pd alrdy gave the green light). I was just uncomfortable giving him meat so early...
Will be starting him on fish tml. Bought thread fin fish...

Thanks mummies here for the comforting words... Still can't help feeling bad that his fault was caused by me!

Anw it looks like I need to supplement my milk with formula Le ;((( anyone doing that? Which brand u gals recommend? Dumex Gd? Sian.... I can't bf him till his 1 yr.. Sigh..
which brand good also depends on whether your boy is suitable.. some babies cannot drink certain types of formula..

when you supplement EBM with forumla, just remember to finish feeding your EBM before feeding the formula as EBM is more precious... do not ever mix both in a single bottle when you feed...

Rodorsany

Oooh... hardly been in here ever since I started working...

Yes I feed my girl porridge, and she loves it. mainly with carrots or pumpkims. yet to try greens. Puree wise I gave mixed veg or sweet potato. She dislike pear and apple... wonders... hahaha

Lingz12

Piglim.. Me too.. I placed my girl on the sofa cos she was sleeping.. I was so confident she wun fall cos tat time she could flip but not roll.. She flipped and managed to push herself to the edge and I wasnt really paying attention until I heard a loud bom! scare the hell out of me.. quickly ran to her but luckily everything ok.. I was so guilty after tat.. so now I jus leave her on the playmat.. nvr on any elevated surface.. once bitten, twice shy.. :(

Lingz12

For mummies who serve bb mixed food i. e. sweet potato and broccoli.. do u all serve them individually first to let bb get use to sweet potato and then broccoli for a few days before blending them together? not sure how to go about doing it.. I was tinking of trying single food with bb first and after exhausting all food then serve her mixed..

Currently have tried pumpkin, apples, pears with her which she loves.. and banana and carrot which she hates.. hmm.. tink im gonna try carrot with her again tonight.. hahaha..

Last edited:

reiann

Ling: I just went ahead and served mixed veg. Ha. Not good but she was fine. But if your baby has sensitive stomach, then one at a time will be better. I think my baby has quite an ok tummy.

Lingz12

thanks reiann.. tink I will try one food at a time then..

mummies, wen u serve solid food (other than cereal and porridge), do ur babies drop one milk feed? as in, does tat solid food replace one meal? wen I feed her pumpkin, she skipped a milk feed.. but pumpkin served is like onli 2.5oz.. she usually take abt 5oz milk.. pumpkin more filling than milk? recently I serve her apples and pears at night wen I got home and she skipped her last feed.. so her last milk feed will be at 6pm instead of 10pm but she will wake up at 2+am for milk though..

reiann

Lingz: I don't drop milk feed as I believe and think milk should still be her main source of nutrients. But before I introduced solids, I've already been dropping the dream feed (at 10plus pm) cos I find it disrupts her sleep. So I cluster feed her at around 5-6pm. But now with solids, I cluster feed her with dinner then bath then last milk feed, bed. SShe now has four milk feeds a day. I always feed her milk first, then feed her solids.