EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

felicity

Hi Felicity, may I know if your Oscar test was on a appointment or walk in? When we were trying to book ours at Thomson earlier they say Feb-Mar is fully booked so we have to go there on walk in basis and were told to expect like 1~2 hrs wait.
Hi Radical, mine was on appointment and already it took me over an hour of waiting time! =/

lizzy2101

Hi Felicity, may I know if your Oscar test was on a appointment or walk in? When we were trying to book ours at Thomson earlier they say Feb-Mar is fully booked so we have to go there on walk in basis and were told to expect like 1~2 hrs wait.
hmm I hope my hospital have this OSCAR thingy as Thomson is far far away and if its fully booked still by the time I can do this test.. As I remember my gynae before just took blood out of me for the down syndrome test and my detailed scan taken from Raffles hospital.. I don't know if its still the same as its already been 6 years since i had it..

Ooo.... Okie. Will take up soon! Wah... Experienced mummy! :D I also came across this thing called hypno birthing. It's a series of classes that's supposed to help you cope so much better with delivery and all. Seems really interesting..... Haf u heard of it?

it help for sure :) and it help out as well for normal delivery :D Had 2 pregnancies all normal vaginal delivery ! I hope this 3rd wil be the same! cheers!

Hi Radical, my gynae booked me for the Oscar scan at Radlink in Paragon. I'm not sure how the appointment or waiting time is like... Perhaps u can call them to check? :)

Ahhh.... Please be careful Felicity! Dun fall down again! Take care!

Good to hear you are getting better. Can't exactly tell which hospital is better but I'll be going Mt A cuz my gynae only has admitting rights in Gleneagles & Mt A. My frens & mum all tell me to go Mt A so I'll be taking their advice :)

Can totally identify with your maternity clothes shopping itch.. Am looking online too! Here hee hee... But I hear that the belly can "pop out" suddenly so I suppose it's better to be prepared! :D
thanks Moonjellie! i'm feeling better, but still the phlegm's not cleared... :wong16:

went to Thomson Medical Center today for oscar test. the waiting time was super long! over an hour! ended up after my oscar test, dr Tham was away for emergency surgery and it's getting close to 5pm... didn't get to see him. did get to see baby's heartbeat when scanning during the oscar screening though... so am relieved that baby is fine after me coughing like mad and falling down (yesterday tripped at staircase and fell on my knee)... have not signed the package though. my last appt was 2 weeks ago and next appt is 3 weeks later... so won't get to do any consultation for weeks!

the waiting time at the valet parking was another killer and hubby was rushing for his class as he's taking part time degree so getting really impatient. we are thinking to switch to mt A or KK because the traffic to Thomson Medical Center + parking + waiting time are all getting on our nerves... =/ any suggestions or feedback at the various hospitals please?

on a side note, i ordered some maternity pants on gmarket and they arrived ytd! :D but baby bump not showing yet though... just being super impatient... hahaha XD

lizzy2101

Ooo.... Okie. Will take up soon! Wah... Experienced mummy! :D I also came across this thing called hypno birthing. It's a series of classes that's supposed to help you cope so much better with delivery and all. Seems really interesting..... Haf u heard of it?
My fiance is a licensed hypno therapist, i think its mainly helping you to not think about pain or endure it more in a sense, taking away your fear etc or helps you forget the worries and ready your mind for giving birth and with your new born.. This is my opinion as ive tried the normal hypno theraphy, it made me feel better in the inside and lessen my worries with stuffs.. :) its for your mental and emotional really. It might help you if you have the fear but you must think,in ancient times they dont have these things and yet they gave birth normally, i can do it so can you :D follow healthy diet, exercise and ready your emotion/mentality.. Giving birth is really hard but we must be proud cos only us women can do it! :shyxxx:

regenz

Have been really busy with work these few days.

Felicity, hope your cough gets better.

I am going for OSCAR test this thursday. I am super worried because my family has DS case. Have anyone of you told your bosses yet? I told mine when i am 9 weeks because i have to work outfield ( I work in a chemical plant) and have to be on my legs for a while. I think my female co worker also guess it since my MS is quite obvious too.

lizzy2101

anyone gaining so much weight? i was 47 kg before christmas holiday then 50 kg after chirstmas and before i get pregnant now 54 kg :( i think its bad..

Piglim

Did my Oscar test this morning. Hmmm everything was a breeze. Mine was by appointment at 9am but was told to go there 5-10mins earlier. However hubby n I were there at 815am cos we went to sign up for e FBI card. This card will entitle u with some discounts on the Oscar scan, delivery charges... Etc. n it will take immediate effect.

​radical​ dun b disappointed about ur bb not being active during e scan, u will b glad to know tat it will helps alot during e Oscar scan. Thankfully this time my bb was aslp so the baby was in a slpin position-just nice for e scan. If ur bb keeps moving the scan will take much longer cos need to keep adjusting e Mum's position so that e bb's position is ok for the nurse to measure. N I advise those who r doin walk in for e Oscar to go in e morning. Best time is ard 830. E Lab is open at 8 so if u can wake up earlier even better cos there's not much crowd in e morning. Like I say mine took only 30 for e scan, blood test n abit of waiting!

Actually so far I m quite happy with Thomson service, all e ppl have been quite professional n nice. (or perhaps I was just lucky those few times) but like e Oscar scan, e senior nurse was all smile n was describing e bb's features to hubby n me. I like e fact tat they take time instead of rushing thru things. As I stay near Thomson, e valet is not an issue for me, cos e cab fare is cheap (distance is short mah) I'm not sure bout other hospitals but I think hor... This yr dragon year, everywhere also need to Q, everything also most likely more ex. That's e down side bah...

My MS is still with me ;( so far only put on 0.3kg. Maybe becos I keep throwing out food ;( but my tummy is definitely showing n I m wearing looser clothes. I also realised I m having problem with slping lately. Anyone facing this problem? My slp is not deep n I only slp less than 4 hrs at night. My whole body aches alot ESP ard e spine area. Mayb I shld get e support pillow?

Cant wait for e result.. Hope all is well!

lizzy2101

My MS is still with me ;( so far only put on 0.3kg. Maybe becos I keep throwing out food ;( but my tummy is definitely showing n I m wearing looser clothes. I also realised I m having problem with slping lately. Anyone facing this problem? My slp is not deep n I only slp less than 4 hrs at night. My whole body aches alot ESP ard e spine area. Mayb I shld get e support pillow?

Cant wait for e result.. Hope all is well!
you should get support pillow :) im using dream genii pregnancy pillow and it helps me to sleep deeply even though i woke up every other hour for peeing :S

lilvixen

Hi ladies. I am a May mommy. I have got about 20 packs of Similac Mum milk(free samples). My mum got them for me when I was Peggie but I simply can't take milk. If any of you would like it, please let me know. U can email me at nalini.sweetie19@gmail.com. Cheers

lizzy2101

Hi ladies. I am a May mommy. I have got about 20 packs of Similac Mum milk(free samples). My mum got them for me when I was Peggie but I simply can't take milk. If any of you would like it, please let me know. U can email me at nalini.sweetie19@gmail.com. Cheers
thanks lilvixen.. so thoughtful of you :) but Im only taking regular non fat milk and vitamins for mummy, thank you for the offer though, sure other mums would be interested :)

lizzy2101

Where do I get this pillow? Do you order online or just buy in singapore? How much does it cost?
if you buy in online it would be much cheaper but you have to wait 1-2 weeks for shipping, buying in singapore is more expensive but you can use it right away :) here's the website for the pillow i use.

Pregnancy Pillow, Buy Dreamgenii Pregnancy Pillow, Pregnancy Pillows, Maternity Pillows, Sleeping Bags, Maternity Pillow, Buy Pregnancy Pillow and Breastfeeding Pillow now, Twinkle Tog :) happy shopping!

Lingz12

Did my Oscar test this morning. Hmmm everything was a breeze. Mine was by appointment at 9am but was told to go there 5-10mins earlier. However hubby n I were there at 815am cos we went to sign up for e FBI card. This card will entitle you with some discounts on the Oscar scan, delivery charges... Etc. n it will take immediate effect.
Hi Piglim, is the FBI card useful? Are the discounts given good? Can we use for the scans with gynae at Thomson Medical Center? Me going for OSCAR test in 2 weeks time.. Still thinking whether or not to apply for FBI card.. Is the application fast? Paiseh, ask so many questions.. Haha.. :shyxxx:

paul

Hi Piglim, is the FBI card useful? Are the discounts given good? Can we use for the scans with gynae at Thomson Medical Center? Me going for OSCAR test in 2 weeks time.. Still thinking whether or not to apply for FBI card.. Is the application fast? Paiseh, ask so many questions.. Haha.. :shyxxx:
FBi card has discount for the scan and delivery at TMC and selected doctors delivery. It has discount at Maternity spring and also Delifrance at TMC. If ur selected doctor is in the list and u intend give birth at TMC, no harm getting. Its v fast, they can give u a temp card and will mail u later.

Lingz12

FBi card has discount for the scan and delivery at Thomson Medical Center and selected doctors delivery. It has discount at Maternity spring and also Delifrance at Thomson Medical Center. If your selected doctor is in the list and you intend give birth at Thomson Medical Center, no harm getting. Its very fast, they can give you a temp card and will mail you later.
Thanks for the info! Any idea where to see the list of selected docs? :)

Piglim

Hi lingz

Hmmm I only got to know e list after I applied-u will b given a list. If u r keen, perhaps u can call e hotline n just check if ur gynae participate in e FBI thing. U will b asked to fill up numerous forms then make payment $148 n then you r done! There'll b a goodie bag, which includes a huge tin of milk for mum along with some stuffs like books, baby nail scissors... Etc

Hmmm I think it's quite worth it cos u get discounts off e ward u will b staying, 10% of oscar scan, future chk ups at e 24hrs family clinic n lab tests n most importantly e delivery charges!!! Unfortunately my gynae is not participating... So I m still contemplating whether to change gynae cos with e discount can save alot mah... ;(