EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

Hello piglim, I understand folic acid to be important in the formation of the baby's spine. Lack of folic acid could mean the spinal column does not close properly (incomplete formation). But by end of first trimester, the spinal column should have closed and most of the organs formed as the baby's main task over the 2 trimesters are to continue growing & maturing the formed organs (correct me if I'm wrong ladies!). Hence, folic acid is usually consumed up to the 1st trimester. But like what Lingz say, I suppose no harm in continuing it especially if it's already a component in your prenatal vitamins!

On a separate note, I just had my Oscar scan at Radlink clinic in Paragon. There was virtually no wait time. I was ushered into the room almost upon registration and the whole exam was over in abt 10-15 mins. The baby was moving for a while then fell asleep. The nurse had to shake my belly and ask me to turn to my side & cough in attempt to wake the baby & get him moving into another position! It was quite funny... :D but we saw little elbows, knees, hands & feet! It was so amazing to see him grow so much! I asked for the gender but the nurse didn't wanna tell me. She said error rate is too high now if she tells me ;p can't wait to find out the gender in another mth or so!

felicity

Hi Felicity, so you have decided on Thomson? That means there is a (1/30 days) chance that your child and mine will be ward mates. :wespinny:
hi Radical... yup will be sticking with Thomson Medical Center :)

been soooooo busy with work. ugh!! think goodness no more ms... hope everyone is coping well!

today marks the start of week 13!! announced to his relatives yesterday when we met up, and today to my relatives when visiting my grandma :D but never hear anything about my oscar test yet... no news means good news right? cos my next appt is on 16 march, still a long way to go!!

lizzy2101

I gave birth with my 2nd child in thomson :) friendly nurses there but I don't like the food (as I remembered) LOL ;) I paid quite reasonable too as my didnt go up for 4k, stayed in 2 bedded room as there were no more single room available and in normal vaginal delivery..its deduct by medisave as well so paid cash not more than 500 i think. but that was 6 years ago, idk now :D

Hi Meltie,

I also had my worst MS about 10 to 11 weeks. I vomited at least twice a day. Now 12 weeks, it seems getting better. I hope it continue to wear off. My cousin had MS all the way to 5 months, i hope that will not happen to me. For restless sleep, maybe you can try the body pillow that was posted in this thread earlier on. It might be your solution. I sleep quite deeply so far, my biggest problem is the numerous trip to the toilet at night. But I do have body aches , it is almost everywhere. i wonder should i go for a massage. Anyone has any recommendation ?

I went for the NT scan just this thursday. The image is really clear, you could see the fingers, nose and ears, chin. It was a great experience for me and my husband. The other scans my gync did for me was quite blur , i could not tell much. Although, i am worried about the result but i think seeing your baby helps MS more. It is all worth it !
regenz, have u engage post-natal massage lady yet? Usually they also do pre-natal massages too, you might want to consider tat. I had a malay massage lady whom I'm been with for fertility massage (pre-pregnancy) but I haven started pre-natal massage yet as DH feel safer to so it during 2nd tri. She is only doing for those stay in east side & she charge by location. If you interested, you may wan to pm me :)

Hi radical,

Thks for e info, unfortunately expo is abit too far out-no car!
Plus even to date I dun feel comfortable. Just dun feel like stepping out of e hse. ;((((
13th wks alrdy n last night I threw out like nobody's business. Sigh...

Btw just out of curiosity, r u gals given cardiprin (aspirin) the gynae says its for blood circulation n I have been given rat since e 1st day I see her. Now my daily dose is e pink vitamin pills, folic n dha omega pills as well as this cardiprin (white round pills) I was told to eat this all e way till birth! But I m getting abit worried cos none of e people I know are prescribed with this pills. Also can I know normally when do we stop eating folic acid? My sis says stop when 1st trim is over but my gynae nv says anything....
Hi Piglim, just asking if yours an ivf bb? Sometimes gynae do prescribe asiprin to thin down blood, nothing to be alarm. My gynae didn't prescribe folic acid (5mg) to me as I have lots left which was bought previously from Unity pharmacy. He told me can stop once reach 2nd tri.

Last edited:

sora

Hello piglim, I understand folic acid to be important in the formation of the baby's spine. Lack of folic acid could mean the spinal column does not close properly (incomplete formation). But by end of first trimester, the spinal column should have closed and most of the organs formed as the baby's main task over the 2 trimesters are to continue growing & maturing the formed organs (correct me if I'm wrong ladies!). Hence, folic acid is usually consumed up to the 1st trimester. But like what Lingz say, I suppose no harm in continuing it especially if it's already a component in your prenatal vitamins!

On a separate note, I just had my Oscar scan at Radlink clinic in Paragon. There was virtually no wait time. I was ushered into the room almost upon registration and the whole exam was over in abt 10-15 mins. The baby was moving for a while then fell asleep. The nurse had to shake my belly and ask me to turn to my side & cough in attempt to wake the baby & get him moving into another position! It was quite funny... :D but we saw little elbows, knees, hands & feet! It was so amazing to see him grow so much! I asked for the gender but the nurse didn't wanna tell me. She said error rate is too high now if she tells me ;p can't wait to find out the gender in another mth or so!

Hi Moonjellle

I just had my Oscar scan also. The doctor said my bb was not in a 'gd position' for the scan so she used the scanning probe to shake my belly... a few times... the shakes left me worried... I had sight tummy pain for the rest of the day... sigh..

One gd thing is tt.. mabbe she shaked my belly so much tt the baby moved to a gd position tt she managed to see bb's gender... She told me she's 80% confident that its a boy! :) wonder if any mummies here are also having a dragon boy?

Btw, any mummies plan to deliver @ KK? Also, do u guy know anything about the WBB class? @ AMK hub?? I saw on another forum tt its a gd prenatal class but hv no idea where to get more info...

sora

I was in dilemma whether to continue the oscar scan after the doc shook my belly with the probe for a few times & it was getting a bit painful... luckily bb finally moved to a 'gd position'...

felicity

regenz, have u engage post-natal massage lady yet? Usually they also do pre-natal massages too, you might want to consider tat. I had a malay massage lady whom I'm been with for fertility massage (pre-pregnancy) but I haven started pre-natal massage yet as DH feel safer to so it during 2nd tri. She is only doing for those stay in east side & she charge by location. If you interested, you may wan to pm me :)
do we engage one so early? i was thinking to engage after giving birth! but then again i'm totally clueless. as usual.

today i'm feeling really down and emo :( don't know why. came home and lie in bed and cry, and had no appetite. until my hubby knocked off (he's been working late) and bought dinner for me... was 8+ already...

felicity

I was in dilemma whether to continue the oscar scan after the doc shook my belly with the probe for a few times & it was getting a bit painful... luckily bb finally moved to a 'gd position'...
mine kept shaking too my tummy hard too and made me cough a few times. it went on for a while and even until the end of the session still not sure if the images captured will work because baby not cooperating and nv moved much. won't know the result until 16 march... dunno gender yet but both hubby and i hv a hunch that it's a gal.

regenz

Hi minakochang

Thanks for the info. Too bad i live in the west. Do we have to book the jamu lady now ? I also thought we book after giving birth. I think i go search , i might really need the prenatal massage. Still sore all over. My co worker say it is because i eat chicken. But that is the only meat that i am able to eat now. Not sure what to do ha.

Sora, so early you know the gender! I am happy for you ( hope you wanted a boy :))

The sonagrapher that scan for me focus on the head and neck. I only saw the legs like for 3 mins. Cannot tell anything. I think i would only know the gender in the 20th week detail scan. My gynae scan machine is super old. some people say mothers have sixth sense on the gender but i really cannot tell though. I just want a healthy happy baby :Dancing_wub:

mflee1312

hi, sorry for the late reply as i was busy wif work. dr seetho charges from S$200 onwards depending on medication, and type of scan. as for package, its still too early to sign, they advise me to sign after my first trimester. just pay a deposit of $800 first.

Hi mflee, went to see Dr lim Teck Beng today. E moment I hear my baby's heart beat happy tears start rolling down my cheeks. My baby is 7.5 weeks nw. Heart beat rate @ 148 bpm like a jumping bean now haha :) I'm thinking of seeing a few more gynea b4 deciding to one. What's r dr see tho's charges? R u taking any gynea packages?

Hi minakochang

Thanks for the info. Too bad i live in the west. Do we have to book the jamu lady now ? I also thought we book after giving birth. I think i go search , i might really need the prenatal massage. Still sore all over. My co worker say it is because i eat chicken. But that is the only meat that i am able to eat now. Not sure what to do ha.

Sora, so early you know the gender! I am happy for you ( hope you wanted a boy :))

The sonagrapher that scan for me focus on the head and neck. I only saw the legs like for 3 mins. Cannot tell anything. I think i would only know the gender in the 20th week detail scan. My gynae scan machine is super old. some people say mothers have sixth sense on the gender but i really cannot tell though. I just want a healthy happy baby :Dancing_wub:
It entirely up to you but because this is dragon year, many massue may already been pre-booked so it best to search around first. For me, I known the malay massage lady over a yr so juz book her. Her charges is cheaper than outside moreover she comes my place for the massage. I like her technique even though quite painful for 1st few sessions.

Lingz12

Wow.. So many of you went for your Oscar test oredi.. Mine is next Friday.. A bit excited and a bit worried too.. Sighz.. And I can't get appt at Thomson Medical Center, gotta walk in.. Intending to reach at 830, hopefully not too long wait..

I just booked CL, after being chased countless times by mother in law.. :( The CL that mother in law recommended was already booked.. So I went for another CL that this CL recommended.. Hope she's good..

As for post-natal.. I have not booked yet too.. Not too early now? A friend's friend booked hers last month and she's due sometime now.. So I suppose shld not be hard to find one later right?

Find myself getting easily irritated nowadays.. Feel like snapping at people esp at work.. Must be hormones I think.. I hope this phase will pass soon cos I want to be a happy mummy!

sapphire

Hi Moonjellle

I just had my Oscar scan also. The doctor said my bb was not in a 'gd position' for the scan so she used the scanning probe to shake my belly... a few times... the shakes left me worried... I had sight tummy pain for the rest of the day... sigh..

One gd thing is tt.. mabbe she shaked my belly so much tt the baby moved to a gd position tt she managed to see bb's gender... She told me she's 80% confident that its a boy! :) wonder if any mummies here are also having a dragon boy?

Btw, any mummies plan to deliver @ KK? Also, do u guy know anything about the WBB class? @ AMK hub?? I saw on another forum tt its a gd prenatal class but hv no idea where to get more info...
Hi Sora...

You mean can see the baby's gender already in 13 weeks?? That's superbly wonderful and fortunate for you!!

I have yet to arrange for my Oscar in about 2 weeks...

Is there any prenatal class in AMK hub?? Do you know the charges??

felicity

It entirely up to you but because this is dragon year, many massue may already been pre-booked so it best to search around first. For me, I known the malay massage lady over a yr so juz book her. Her charges is cheaper than outside moreover she comes my place for the massage. I like her technique even though quite painful for 1st few sessions.
hi minako! i stay in northeast. can introduce? thanks! :)

felicity

i just got home... like finally... and i'm really going mad everyday. different types of madness. yesterday after work i came home and cried. today i went to ntuc because i feel like making sandwich for breakfast... and ended up buying a huge loaf of bread, a huge jar of peanut butter, 3 packets of cheese, a whole head of lettuce, and some cup noodles for days when i stay back late at work and the canteen runs out of food... in the end i was struggling to take the LRT with my huge office bag, my laptop and 3 bagful of ntuc groceries... my goodness what came over me ><

regenz

i just got home... like finally... and i'm really going mad everyday. different types of madness. yesterday after work i came home and cried. today i went to ntuc because i feel like making sandwich for breakfast... and ended up buying a huge loaf of bread, a huge jar of peanut butter, 3 packets of cheese, a whole head of lettuce, and some cup noodles for days when i stay back late at work and the canteen runs out of food... in the end i was struggling to take the LRT with my huge office bag, my laptop and 3 bagful of ntuc groceries... my goodness what came over me ><
Big hugs. I also super emo . I think it is the hormones. I become hyper sensitive too, cry easily. Like when i cannot take the fishy smell of my father in law fish dish, he said his daughter ( also giving birth this year, but in third trimester now) loves fish and eat fish is good for the baby. I was so upset, i feel he thinks i dun want to give the best to my baby. But it maybe just me . My brain is malfunctioning too. You are not alone.

felicity

yea regenz... i dislike when ppl doubt my intention. i mean i'm human, i hv my preferences too! *hugs*

is it true that if need infant care should start signing up now? seems like a lot of dragon babies coming... govt wants us to hv babies, but in the end i hv so much headache with finding space at home (i'm living with in laws) and forking out $$ for all the gynae fees and checks and later on the delivery (i heard in many other countries it's free to deliver baby?) and then already i'm hearing all my mummy friends headache... on waiting list for infant care or childcare yet haven't gotten a place. some hv to go on unpaid leave to take care of baby first!

in office now. *yawn* gonna be a super busy day but hope it'll be a good day too.

Juan

lots of comment that OSCAR will give false alarm, any one here done and what is the result?
Should I opt for this test?