EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

felicity

My bb using mamypoko S size.. So far so good. B4 that leaked from behind or sides before when using drypers NB...

Bb new record.. Last feed at 7+ n fell aslp at 8+ n just woke up... Suckling away hungry... Think she slept for like 10 hrs?! But I didn't slp as much.. Slept at 1+am wanted to wait for hubby but he not back until after 4am I think, cos did wake up in the middle of the night when I heard bb made some noise... Around 4am.. N he wasn't back yet then...

felicity

Kary lol my bb is also licking n drooling n when i carry her she'll lick my arms or clothes, to my horror! but not put things into her mouth cos she will stick her tongue out n will push away no matter how I hold it there...

ahwang

Wah felicity u are one lucky mum! Bb can slp for so long... My bb is 1mth 9days old. Past few days gave him dream feed at 11pm, woke up 2am for another feed. 330 am onwards start to cry.... I drag coax and pacify him until around 4am then gave him another feed. Sometimes he can slp till 6-630 for another feed or start to cry again at 5am... And worst thing is day time he hardly slp totally slp is only abt 3 hrs of daytime nap... Keep wanting to feed at day time. eyes open big big.... Looking ard and sometimes cry when I think he feels bored. Though he yawns and we immediately try to let him slp... He just don't want... And by then time he gets hungry again and feed.cycle just goes on. Not sure is it growth spurt?

I used huggies ultra small urine eak once at night when after abt 6-7 hrs of usage. My bb is abt 5.6 kg I think the weight indicated on those diapers doesn't seem accurate. Cos I find them small though my bb still within the wt range. Esp at his thigh can see the diapers marking. Not sure is it too soiled that's why urine leak or size not right. Goon nb Size also leak at night too ! For a moment I thought I didn't know how to put on diapers for him... But my mil help him put on diaper also leak haha. So not a prob with my skills mil say maybe his penis pointed side way that's why urine leak to the side through his thigh? Not sure how true but am gg to try pampers size s hope no leakage.

I read that if poo leak from diapers is diarrhea?

felicity

Yup I'm v lucky bb slept thru w no training from me... :) really glad n counting my blessings!

I think different diapers different cuttings also, so depends. I used goon nb in first 3 weeks n didn't have issue... After that I used drypers nb n leaked few times... So far satisfied with mamypoko so will stick with it first..

Yup dunno why poo always runs up the back.. Even when she wearing nappy also... Got space will run up. Always one big pool of poo at the bum n one vertical line up the back but luckily up to near the top of nappy only n stopped. Only once leaked out from the back when on nappy...

Kary2500

Lingz - yea start using the small size diapers those fit better now..

I started using huggies small size at 3kgs something but that was too big for my baby and because of that there was always leakage, so switched to mamy poko small that works for me.. But even with that I had her poo on my pants once when feeding, I guess cos that was a big one it came out thru the side of her diaper..

reiann

Meltie-- just hang in there. One day it WILL pass. That's what I tell myself too. Sigh.

What diapers do you all use? I have one or twice experienced leaky diapers but rarely. I use goon and findit quite good. Worth it when I buy in bulk. But I still use newborn size even if it's up to 5kg, and my baby is 5.25, it fits her well.. But I find Huggies newborn very small sized. Some diapers are smaller or larger than others!

meltie

After the eventful night yesterday.. my poor baby slept from 12.30am feed to 5.30am.. i think this is her main slp pattern.. 5hours one.. trying to see if can drag.. now she's back to slp after some coaxing.. just hung up laundry ... zzz

Today is her full month party! She's 6 weeks liao.. i hope everything goes smoothly.. coz it'll be first time baby out for so ling.. going my mil's condo function rm in the evening.. 5.30-9.30pm.. sigh really pray no colic attack.. wanted to book afternn one, but it was taken..

I'm still using huggies ultra NB diapers.. using same brand frm discharge.. leaked poo from the back several times liao.. my hubby say its coz she poo and no space to go into the 'trough' and so it shoots up backwards.. esp when we carry her in our arms.. during breastfeeding the angle must be there, if not its quite horizontal.. so poo goes either up or down.. my mummy fren was saying the packaging weight size is not accurate one.. best is to change bigger size when we see red marks on the thigh, signifying diaoers too tight.. her bb started S size straight from Mt A.. hmm i am going to change to Fitti S (had a hamper of 10 packs from company), after i finish this lot.. probably by tonight.. i tried drypers NB.. bb allergic to the material.. bad diaper bumps... i still have drypers samples (S size) anyone wants to try?

Recently everytime i change diaper after her feed, very 'zun', hit the time when she poo ! Just now also same, once i open up the diapers, she poo big time.. heng this time i was cautious, immediately block and stick back... I think she normally have a peak bowel movement in the morning, esp 1st 2 feeds... does ur baby have any pattern? I always pray and hope my bb will not pee or poo when i'm giving her a bath! Esp when i'm holding her in soccerhold position to shampoo her head.... peed on me twice.. wrapped her bottom w nappy cloth liao.. now i paranoid...

hey kary my bb also started drooling.. does it signify anything? teething??

Oh ya! My bb started to respond to the colorful pouch that holds her diaoers, at the side of her changing pad..she'll look and stare at the red, blue and yellow colors.. also, when i bathed her yesterday, she started to grab and pull my hair!! I have not cut her nails, but its super long n sharp now.. its longer than her nail bed.. afraid might bend n break in the mittens.. shall try to cut later...
Any of u have stopped mittens? I really wonder if i should diligently cut her nails which i'm afraid i'll cut her skin.. and let her hands go free? maybe cold places will slip on mittens.. hear 6 weeks is about time?

meltie

Meltie-- just hang in there. One day it WILL pass. That's what I tell myself too. Sigh.

What diapers do you all use? I have one or twice experienced leaky diapers but rarely. I use goon and findit quite good. Worth it when I buy in bulk. But I still use newborn size even if it's up to 5kg, and my baby is 5.25, it fits her well.. But I find Huggies newborn very small sized. Some diapers are smaller or larger than others!
Thanks reiann! I'm hanging in there.. yesterday cried abit as i was quite helpless.. bb cried till got fever.. and i did not realise an let her cry until she slp.. :( so traumatic.. poor girl..

i think all the different brands differ in size.. like some S size is bigger than M size... my fren was saying alot of mummies prefer pampers for boys i think.. coz of the extra space for crotch? My other fren uses PetPet for her girl and say no leak.. i think to each own.. my bb has thunder thighs... :p huggies ultra NB seems big but tight on thighs... nowadays i just wear her diapers high high on the back to prevent leakage, still leak here n there... must find one with gathers at the back.. does mommypoko have gathers?

Lingz12

Meltie, njoy Charlotte's full month celebration! It's her big day, so many uncles, aunties, jie jies, kor kors are there to see her, I'm sure she will be v happy and in her best behaviour! Dun worry! :D

Reiann, I'm using goon too.. It used to be real good until this past week.. The more the poo leaked out from the back, the tighter I pull on the velcros for the diapers tinking so tight poo sure wun come out.. But I tink I'm wrong.. The tighter I stick her diapers, the more poo leaked out from the back.. I tink cos so tight poo got no place to go except UP! So I tried sticking it looser last night.. This morning I checked, she got a mighty big poop but no leakage up the back! Though her pants got a bit of poop stains from the side.. I suppose it's cos there's too much poop.. I shall try finishing my goon NB pack first (sticking them looser) before starting on my S pack.. :D

Lingz12

Oh ya.. I haven't removed mittens for my girl yet and she's fast approaching 8 weeks! Erm.. But I scared she scratch her face leh.. Plus she likes to pull her own hair wen her hands are free from mittens wen I dress or undress her.. I do cut her nails but still feels scratchy.. Feel like filing them for her.. Haha.. Wen do u all start removing mittens then? :D

felicity

i heard 6 weeks is ideal to cut and remove mittens too but i delayed (a bit scaredy cat on trimming her nails cos few friends told me b4 they accidentally cut the baby's fingers for the first time) n started removing mittens after i first cut her nails at 7 weeks old :)

different brands of diapers really different cuttings and sizes... i hv a friend tried most brands told me b4 wat brand is bigger or smaller cut then wat brand but i dun rem le... so many brands! haha...

Kary2500

I cut my baby's nails when she completed one month but have to keep cutting them every week cos it seems to be growing gso fast.. And I use mittens when ever I see the nails are a little long.. My baby loves to swing her hands everywhere and scratched her face once so have to be very careful..

yuen6

I use pet pet and had quite a few leakage of pee and poop, not sure if its her sleeping position though. Poop also leaked once when I used mamypoko NB. I'm guessing its due to long usage, as mamypoko is supposed to be very absorbent?

Thinking of trying merries. Anyone tried that brand before? Any feedback?

Baby gal is having huge troubles sleeping in the day these 2 days. She just sleeps for 15-30 min naps and wakes up crying. Can't quite figure why as she didn't have this problem before.., only started two days ago... :( don't know if she is hungry coz going through a growth spurt? Is 6 weeks the growth spurt period?

reiann

Lingzz: yeah goon has leaked on me before but not often. I do like it cos the sides seem fine and don't scratch baby's thighs like Huggies. I've tried drypers but they are not v absorbent at all!! Mammy poko is ok but quite expensive as can only get at cold storage.

felicity

I like both goon n mamypoko but after calculationI buy mamypoko cheaper than goon so I'm using mamypoko... Heard merries is good but it's very expensive!

Kary so far I cut bb's fingernails every week on the sane day n she has 2 scratches so far... Have not cut her toe nails yet though...

Yuen could be growth spurt.. I rem growth spurt is usually in the multiples of 3?

dewanshahedur

Hey Parents!

Now that exams are over and your kids should be winding down and looking forward to lots of resting and playing during the holidays.

Like mine, your kids are probably gonna be spending a lot of time on iPads and toys. So why not let them play computer/iPad games that promote learning English, Mathematics, Languages and General Knowledge. Children answer as many questions as they can in fun 100-second games of speed and skill. And they can take part in a contest to win a holiday to Hong Kong Disneyland, and other great prizes.

Smartest Singapore 2012 is a fun event for Singapore primary children in P1 to P6 at both local and international schools in Singapore.

What is involved?
Children go online and play 100 second learning games. The games include questions in English, Mathematics, Languages (Chinese, Malay or Tamil) and General Knowledge. Students are able to play as many games as they like over the Preliminary Round period with their best 50 scores counting towards the Semi Finals.

How will children benefit by participating?
Smartest Singapore has been designed to be a wonderful learning experience for the children. Not only is it a fun and engaging environment, it also enables children to study and learn from their mistakes.

Who is Smartest Singapore for?

Smartest Singapore is a fun and worthwhile experience for all children. Every correct answer gains the children a ticket in the weekly draw for great special prizes.

What do parents receive?

Parents receive a detailed report outlining their child’s strengths and weaknesses as well as relative comparison to all other entrants.

What do schools benefit?
There is a registration fee of $24, of which $5 goes to a charity of the child's school's choice.

SPECIAL OFFER: For a limited time only, save $9 off the registration fee and pay only $15 when you register at Smartest Singapore - Let the Fun Begin! Registration - Student Info with this Promo Code: smartest4832

Find out more about Smartest Singapore here: Smartest Singapore - Let the Fun Begin! The search is on for Singapore's smartest kids!

View the intro video here: Smartest Singapore 2012 - YouTube

reiann

Felicity. Why do you say that many poko is cheaper? I buy goon online from diapers.com.sg and with sale etc it's actually cheaper! Where'd you buy many poko from? What size does your baby wear?

Pinky32

Felicity. Why do you say that many poko is cheaper? I buy goon online from diapers.com.sg and with sale etc it's actually cheaper! Where'd you buy many poko from? What size does your baby wear?
Hi Reiann,

I just bought mamypoko jumbo (NB) 52/pcs for $14 at a medical hall. It is almost same price with goon (promotion)

NeSSa

my son is about 9 weeks old i just recently remove mittens for him but if too cold will wear still...and we using mamy poko as we find that is cheap...72 pcs at $19.90 for medium size from venus beauty...for small is $23.90 from giant...but if offer is abt $21.90 frm giant

Lingz12

Ooh.. is mamypoko realli cheaper? I just heard from my colleague tat goon is realli good so been using goon all these while.. have not tried out other brands yet.. hmm.