EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

justamom

Lingz12:760310 said:
hi piglim, yes, it's been kinda quiet here lately.. I suppose cos more mummies have started work and the action seems more in FB now.. Hee..

my supply is oso gg down cos im pumping lesser even since gg back to work.. it doesnt help tat my company does not realli allow me to disappear to pump to keep up with the 4hrly pumping schedule that I would like to.. have been trying to drink more water and pump more on weekends to hopefully boost it a little so that we can at least cross the 6mth mark which is like 3 weeks more to go.. actualli u're pretty amazing already.. u started work much earlier right? and ur supply can still make it so long.. :)
Lingz I sometimes get too busy also pumping once a day only..not enough to feed for 4 feeds Which bb is taking also..now having to touch the reserve.. Think sooner or later will supplement w fm.. how r u managing it at yr side?

Lingz12

justamom:761324 said:
Lingz I sometimes get too busy also pumping once a day only..not enough to feed for 4 feeds Which bb is taking also..now having to touch the reserve.. Think sooner or later will supplement w fm.. how r u managing it at yr side?
Not too good.. Im tapping reserves too.. Now I try to pump before I knock off.. Just a quick pump of 10min and tried to manually express as much as I can for another few min before rushing off to nanny's.. yield with each pump jus keep dropping and it's getting demoralising.. I jus bought sacred tea to try, jus started yesterday.. hopefully it will help.. if not I will jus hav to wean in 3 weeks wen my girl turns 6mths old..

meltie

Hi all.. wah its been quiet here!

Updates updates mummies!!

My bb went for her pneumococcal jab yesterday.. down with fever as usual... she now weighs 5.91kg! :p glad she gained some weight after i go on full bottlefeeding..
Yup i agree pumping at work is certainlu not ez.. have to wake up at 6amto pump or feed bb whichever earlier.. them prepare and pack pump for work.. the only time i find for next pump is near 1pm, then yry to pump again before 5pm, just before gg home. Coz when i go home, bb is passed to me at the door.. will be bz and no time to pump and do anything.. since i started work, bb has been crying in the day, puking more.. think reflux got worse.. she doesn't like the maid and my mil... still trying to get her to get used to them... at night super cranky till 12mn don't wanna slp.. after i feed her or dreamfeed her at 12plus, she'll sleep till 5/6am.. some days better.. 7pm is a bonus! And my day starts all over again....

These nights, bb seems to be super restless.. cannot sleep and keep biting and making noises.. i think she should be teething.... :p but i still don'y see any whites on the gums....

Any mummies weny expo? i'm super lazy and tired, so did not go.. :p any idea when is the next big fair? I have yet to get a high chair for bb..

Piglim

Wah meltie, at least ur baby can slp thru e night.. Mine still wakes up at 3,4,5,7,8am every night. Yes thats the no of times i have to wake up everyday. Although my son closes his eyes n drink his milk 5-10mins n falls back to slp... It's very very tiring for me... Like today I woke up late for work. Urgh... Super tired. My son's turning 6mths tml!! Hehe think by next wk or so then I'll start porridge for him. So exciting.. Oh n he'll b going for his photoshoot next week too! ;)) Tonight gonna start banana purée for him. Hope he likes it.

as for the fair, the big one is normally on e 1st wk of June.. But u can actually purchase the high chairs online (free delivery also)

Think ur baby might b having sore gums.. Doesn't really hv to see the whites.

anyone started baby with sippy cups? Wonder of 6mths is too early?

Gab

Dear mommies, i have premix enfalac A+ for stage 1 (under 12 mths) , 12 bottles at 60ml each, expiring in May 13 to give away. Let me know if any of you keen...

ahwang

We have been quiet mummies ! Let me start something here to keep discussion going on
1) I wonder if my boy currently 5 1/2 weeks is on track with development milestones. He is good at rolling from back to tummy, can roll back as well but not so good at it. Can sit with assistance on high chair and bumbo chair, but back still can't keep very straight and head keep bending down sometimes. But I guess is cause he keep wanting to see what's downstairs as when I try to distract him with toys above his head he can't lift up high. And when he's in his exersaucer he can pretty much lift head properly and enjoying jumping up n down ! Wonder is this on track with other babies of same age ?
2) mummies with baby in infant care does ur bb fall sick easily ? mine start getting sick aft 1 mth in sch. Cough so bad till on nebuiliser for a few days. Coming a mth and Still have cough n phlegm can't remember when I stop feeding him medicine as He seems everyday on it. Sigh !
3) gg to start him on cereal soon ! But cereal has to mix with bm or fm does it mean it can only stay out abt 1-2 Hr, cannot reheat etc? I.e dame treatment as bm since has bm in it ?
4) coming 6 mths and my boy still hasn't slp thru ! Argh ! Frustrating but I'm used to it now when he stir n fuss at night bring him in to slp on our bed scared he got used to it. Well buy anything that works to give us all some decent slp.
5) my boy nowadays can use paci to slp but again sacred he got too used to it and hard to stop or harm his teeth development ? Though sometimes I noticed he just having it in his mouth but not sucking, think its fine right? Cos I remove it sometimes he wakes up cos of that.... Sometimes he continue to slp or even spit out himself. Any mummies still using pacifier ?
6) my boy still quite fussy esp when he's tired... Scared He will become a fussy toddler... Will he ? Plus he in sch and we bring him home for his bedtime at irregular timing. So hard to plan my day and get him on some solid routine !

So many things we can discuss ! Mummies don't let this thread die down ! Pumping in office as I typing away !

reiann

hello ahwang!

I'm still around here, lurking. not on FB, so...

1. same as yours, thereabouts. not bad at rolling, very squirmy when changing nappy...
2. no, she's only fallen ill once, and that I'm not sure if it's her who got the bug from infantcare or from me! but as I'm bfeeding, she got over her illness very quickly while I really suffered :(
3. been starting solids, but I find that cereal (do you mean rice?) wasn't that palatable (to me!) and she didn't like it as much as, say, steamed and pureed carrots, pear, or sweet potato, or broccoli, or even raw avocado - she loves these veggie and fruits much better!
4. sleeping through night - not really. inconsistent. but not to wake to feed. just wake to cry, or fuss.
5. I'm weaning her off pacifier as I find that she wakes up in middle of night to cry for it. I am not living with that anymore!! so I'm training her off it. cold turkey, but I'm there to soothe her. so will be tough these few days.. arhg.

jia you!! continue to pump and feed bm.
I'm also very tired, but keeping up with bfeeding.. really not easy to get let down without baby latching on, and not easy to find time to pump at work.

hope everybody else is doing fine.

ahwang

Hey reiann ! Ya I bf my boy as much as I can but he still sick ! Esp cough takes forever to recover. My boy wakes up in the night as he toss, roll and turn too much that he got himself cornered to the cot and got angry as he has no more space to turn. He really needs lots of space when he slps o realised. So got to move him in to our bed m slp with us and hug him to tame his movement Down then he slp. Daytime sch usually leave him on floor to roll but still doesnt seems enuf for him. I haven't Starr my boy any solid yet as he been coughin n haveing phlegm. Any mummies using qubies ice tray to freeze puree ? I found this and think its real good ! But don't think any distributor in spore carry it

reiann

ahwang: I use mothercare very small containers that can be used to freeze, or store in fridge, or even to serve. but TIP! don't buy the smallest ones (think it comes in pack of 8 for 6months+). get the slightly larger one for 9 months I think - only comes in pack of 4. I find the small ones too small. my baby took to solids so quickly and easily, the small serving containers are too small. I now have the skip*hop cooler bag with container boxes. much easier and nicer and larger.

Piglim

Yeah.. This forum is alive!!!!

i always come to This thread daily but it's like...
Anw ah wang I m using ice cube trays (with cover) to freeze the purée. The trays r made of silicon so it's easy to separate them. Bought it from the fabulousmom.com website. N it's cheap! Pumping now as I type too ;) but the amt is miserable.. Only can sqeueeze 2 feeds the most... Those frozen pack are diminishing... Only can last 1 more week? My son is 7mth next week.

Reiann how did u managed to let ur baby try so many food since ur baby just turned 6mths? I thought need to do a 4 day test before u introduce new food. I have not tried brocolli.. So far my son enjoyed his rice cereal+potato+carrot+chicken breast meat. ;)

reiann

Hey piglim! I tried solids a week plus ago. I only test food for two days.. Tried rice, pear, avocado, sweet Potato and broccoli. The latter were served combined. She really likes avocado, and sweet potato and broccoli!

ahwang

How u all find time to feed ? Morning its a mad rush as I prepare to get my boy to sch, sometimes even have to feed him in car. At night when I reah home, he's tried and cranky and abt to slp. I think I can only feed.him over the weekend, day time leave it to sch and in law to feed for dinner . So sad that I can't have more time to feed him and enjoy this time with him

reiann

:( so sorry to hear, ahwang. you're right, that's why I started feeding solids on a weekend, at least I get to see her first reaction to a spoon in her mouth and food. it was so cute.

my job is not a 9-5 job.. I do end early on some days, so I will rush home and feed. I now offer solids at lunch time (11am approximately), and dinner (5pm approx). I will try to make it for her dinner feed. lunch time feed- will be the same food as dinner the day before. not a new food.

piglim: I feel that my supply is starting to dwindle. I'm literally living day to day. try to pump and stock up over weekend to save for weekdays. I'm not sure how I'm going to cope this week as I have long work days... sigh.

Lingz12

hi mummies! This thread is coming alive again! I jus started my girl on solid last weekend.. cereal and pumpkin.. gg to try banana next! so far she is enjoying her food, esp cereal.. I let nanny feed her cereal during the day and I will feed her pumpkin at night wen I come home from work..

as for development milestones.. she's 6mths old now.. can roll but not very well, prefer to roll on tummy and just stay put.. still rely on pacifier to go to sleep but will spit out once in deep sleep.. still waking up in the middle of the night on random days for a cuddle or milk.. can sit up bur onli with support.. if I put her in a bb chair while outside, she will still lean forward or sideways instead of sitting and leaning back..

and yeah.. supply is coming down.. my initial aim is to provide bm for at least 6mths.. now tat im here, im undecided whether or not to wean off bm since supply is going down anyway.. but breastfeeding is so convenient! I love latching her while lying down in bed and cuddling for those early morning feeds.. if I wean her off bm, I would have to get my butt up to make fm for her.. hmm.. decisions decisions..

Piglim

Ladies now I am abit confused. When u say cereal what do u mean? What is the difference between cereal n porridge? My pd says lunch can feed cereal, dinner feed porridge. But to me, both means rice blend into powder form n cook
to congee stage. My son still can't eat chunky food-will gag. So everything must b in puréed form.

Ah wang I freeze the food (cereal +potato+ carrot +meat) I cook n lunch (or rather breakfast?) ard 10am my mil will add breastmilk n warm up for him. When I come
hm, I will feed him his dinner (@8;30pm) no choice cos I work late yet I don't want the feedings to be all done by my mil.

Problem now is, lately (yes only lately) my hubby got disturbed by my son's hourly wakings and it always starts from 3am onwards... He'll wake up for 5mins of latching or just to be cuddled before going back to slp got another 1 hr. (my som slps with us on e same bed cos he prefers so) Hubby says could b due to the frozen food- cause wind and discomfort in his stomach. He says my style too "Ang mor" cos we Chinese prefer to cook fresh on e day. The thing is I do not trust my mil with e cooking and also becos the quantity my son takes is very little (like few table spoons only) it's difficult to cook, prepare n buy. Any of u have any idea how to slow cook the food in such quantity? I prefer to do it myself... So maybe I hv to wake up at 7am n slow cook so that in 3 hrs time my mil can feed my son at 10am?

ahwang

U mummies really started ur bb on solid early ! I'm intending to start him this wekend when he's 5mth 3 wks old !
Piglim, I don't think frozen food cause our baby to be windy ? Esp when they are now 6mths plus now. Probably is seperation anxiety that cause ur boy wakes up often ? Even our bm are frozen or refrigerated right.

Piglim

Ah wang, yes totally agree with u.. I tot so too... Just that u know when there's another comment from the mil... Hubby starts to b swayed by her words. That's what happen when u stay with mil. Grr..

Anw reiann can I check with u how u feed the avocado n brocolli? I intending to do the avo this wkend. U just mash it? Add with breastmilk? Whatta bout brocolli? U steam n blend?

My son now drinking less milk anyone experiencing that? He's 7mths but still drinking 150ml!!! N only like 3 times from morn to evening. Thereafter from 9pm-8am is direct latching... I read that at his age he should be drinking at least 180ml. We tried increasing it but he never finishes it. ;( he's now 7.5kg. And has been at this weight since 6mths... :((( tml going for his final jab... ;)

wonder how are the rest doing.. Felicity u there? Meltie?? Kary? Camcam? So many mummies Mia!

reiann

piglim: what final jab is there? my baby had her 'final' immunisation at 5 months and the next will be when she's a year old.

I freeze some of the food I prepare, while I put the others in the fridge to be consumed the next day. I don't have an issue with it. I find that as long as I give freshly prepared food, then alternative it with fridged or frozen food, it's fine. it's just not possible to prepare just enough for one feeding! I mean, they eat so little! jeez. more will be wasted stuck to the container for steaming/blending than ending up in the bowl if we prepare for every meal!

Avocado - I bought an organic one, slice it open, remove seed, slice it up, and fridge extra slices, while I prepared one large slice, mash up with a fork, and serve. please make sure it's mashed up, as my baby was choking on it ahh! I didn't want to puree it as so much will be stuck to the container. not 'worth' it.
I like serving avocado as it's soooo easy, and so healthy.

Broccoli - also organic. I served this with sweet potato. really yummy - I was eating it for myself too, ha ha. Peel sweet potato, chop into 2cm chunks, steam for 5 minutes, then add the broccoli florets (washed), and steam for another 8-10mins till soft/tender. blend. YUM! this my baby loves sooooo much she was very upset when there wasn't anymore. ha ha!

I don't feed meat for now. way too early.

I'm going to try organic apples tomorrow..

I breast feed now only 4 times a day. hm. I don't feed her after 7pm (last feed before she sleeps) - and her next feed is at 6am when I wake. or more like, she wakes at 5.30am sometimes earlier, I ignore, until 6am. grar.

magpie

Hi!
I have been lurking all this while and was disappointed past few weeks when it wouldnt move. So glad today!
My boy is 5.5 months old. Tomorrow is his jab, so will ask the doc about solids. I'll delay as much possible for 1. Am lazy 2. I really cannot do anything around the house till my hubby returns from work. My boy is very demanding and fussy! I breast feed and only latch. He rejected the bottle around 3 month old and after several tries i just gave up!
My boy does roll over and moves a lot. Yes, changing diapers is such a chore now. He loves to roll over to chew on the mat.. Yucks! I usually hand him baby lotion bottle to keep him from rolling. But he rolls only to his right never to left... Donno why. He's sitting up.
He had a tiny bit dry skin patch on his shoulder and soon grew and has a few on arms and stomach too. Anyone has this? Doesnt look like eczema, but i dont know. Will hv to ask the doc. I only now started him on moisturiser. He also drools soooo much. Has drool rashes on chin and now cheeks too.. Sigh!
He had started sleeping most nights or wake just for feed. Since we co sleep it wasnt a issue but lately hes waking up crying and demands to be rocked in my arms to go back to sleep. It been happening every night couple of times at least since the past week!
I quit job in pregnancy as i was bleeding and on bedrest. My boss has been asking me to join back, after much much thought i rejected the offer, but i still worry about finances. If really cannot manage i'll look out.
Hope the regulars post update... I love reading this thread n hope it doesnt die down.