EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

Lingz12

piglim! I cooked porridge ur way and left it in the slow cooker overnight! jus fed my girl and she loves it! keep opening her mouth for more! but I jus fed her plain la.. tinking to add carrots or vege after she gotten used to the porridge cos it's not as smooth as her purees..

oh ya.. I dump the pork rib in the slow cooker too and in the morning, there are bits of pork in the porridge.. had to be careful to scoop them aside before feeding cos scared my girl will choke on them.. :(

keep sharing mummies! hee..

magpie

Any recommendations for drool rash? Or do i just leave it alone? I dont find anything specific for this problem... My son drools and drools tons! His chin looks raw with horrible rash thats now moved up his cheeks :( doctors appointment after 3 mobths and i dont want to go to Gleneagles all the way if i can find anything over the counter.

Piglim

Utt, just normal rice , no need to blend. That's the reason why we slow cook it. Lingz glad it helps.. I search n read up alot so as to find ways of being more involved as a mom constantly. I think even if I m a working mum it's no excuse to push the responsibilities/ duties to others. Yes must becareful of the bones/meat when you scoop up the rice. :) but it tastes yummy on its own right? HeHehheh oh I tried something new today. Instead of putting pork rib, I cubes the sweet potato n slow cook together with the rice.. N it turns out yum! Try that!

Reiann when you say peas do you use those frozen ones?

Magpie ; my son also has drool rash but not that serious but my pd says as long as it goes away (even though may appear again) just leave it as it is.

Last edited:

Lingz12

yeah.. I use normal rice too.. my mum was telling me to try sweet potato with porridge too.. jus like how adults have it.. mayb I will try tat next week.. Hee..

KiBin

Any recommendations for drool rash? Or do i just leave it alone? I dont find anything specific for this problem... My son drools and drools tons! His chin looks raw with horrible rash thats now moved up his cheeks :( doctors appointment after 3 mobths and i dont want to go to Gleneagles all the way if i can find anything over the counter.
i went to the pediac and was given a wash and anti inflammatory cream... tried to look for the same wash and cream at those Guardian, NTUC pharmacies but cannot find the same ones..

was not effective at 1st but on the next visit to pediac, he gave a steroids cream and i applied sparingly and it worked... guess it depends on how bad the rash of your bb is and how the doctor wants to treat the rash...

magpie

Thanks. Will try lanolin first, if no improvement will see pd. but ever since i last posted i feel he's drooling lesser. I see him sucking back (tmi) and drooling mostly when he's concentrating on a toy in his hands. Hope the drooling lessens like this. But no sign of teeth! Am in no hurry though, love his toothless grin!

When he has a toy or any object in his hands he kinda twists them and goes 'mmmm mmmm' continuosly like a song. Guess all babies do that. Cute. He's not making any attempt to crawling. Happy sitting up. I try to encourage him to crawl by sitting away from him. He does like to be sat on my lap but wont crawl to me, rather rolls. I have set mattresses on the floor since he learnt to roll. Now i get him to sit it on bare floor hoping he'll crawl. He hit face down twice...gulp! and is now careful not to attempt at all!

mrsliaw

Hi mummies i really need help here. My daughter is 6 mths and 2 weeks old, she has been sleeping well until when she turned 6 months+ she started waking up every 2-3 hours in the night and even in the day she doesn't wants to sleep. she will nap for maybe 30 mins and than wakes up. does any mummy face the same problem as me? but she's eating,pooing,playing well. i'm so exhausted!

Kary2500

Mrsliaw - i guess this is the stage where baboes get this way? Mine has never slept thru but yes its gotten worse. Just today everyone was talkinh about this on our fb group..

Piglim

Mrs Liaw my son just turned 7mths today has nv slp thru the night. So can't help u... I am alrdy used to waking up hourly!

Lingz12

mrs liaw.. mine used to be able to sleep thru the night.. but ever since she's 3mths old, she's been randomly waking up in the middle of the night.. smetimes once, smetimes twice.. It's gotten worse since she started solid 3 weeks back.. Plus I tink teething played a part.. No choice.. just have to bear with it.. in e meantime jus pray and hope she will outgrow this phase soon!

KiBin

Hi mummies i really need help here. My daughter is 6 mths and 2 weeks old, she has been sleeping well until when she turned 6 months+ she started waking up every 2-3 hours in the night and even in the day she doesn't wants to sleep. she will nap for maybe 30 mins and than wakes up. does any mummy face the same problem as me? but she's eating,pooing,playing well. i'm so exhausted!
maybe she has reached the next stage of growth and now needs lesser sleep in the day? 30 mins might mean she is unable to go into the next sleep cycle...

as for night time, is it because she is hungry? if so, did you drink enough milk or eat enough solids during the day?

try reading this sleep training thing from babycenter and see if it works for you:
Baby sleep training: The basics | BabyCenter

mrsliaw

Mrsliaw - i guess this is the stage where baboes get this way? Mine has never slept thru but yes its gotten worse. Just today everyone was talkinh about this on our fb group..
hi Kary,there is a fb group? mind adding me in? so i can learn about my baby's growth and development.

mrsliaw

maybe she has reached the next stage of growth and now needs lesser sleep in the day? 30 mins might mean she is unable to go into the next sleep cycle...

as for night time, is it because she is hungry? if so, did you drink enough milk or eat enough solids during the day?

try reading this sleep training thing from babycenter and see if it works for you:
Baby sleep training: The basics | BabyCenter
hi kibin. thanks for the info :) for night,before sleeping normally her last feed is at 11pm sometimes she will wake up at 2am for milk,and we will give. but most of the time she doesn't wanna drink when she wakes up in the night, she will just make noise for awhile and than goes back to sleep.

felicity

skyler is now eating 2 bowls of porridge a day... plain rice porridge with carrots, potatoes or pumpkins so far. we also cook with 1.2l capacity slow cooker. mil is v enthusiastic and will wake up early to put everything into the slow cooker and let it cook... i'll let her since she'll be taking care of her once i'm back at work. we feed her just before noon and just before 6pm... usually after feeding her will be my turn to eat lunch or dinner.

before we start her on porridge, she had avocado, sweet potato, apple... all pureed, and also happy bellies baby brown rice cereal. she started with one meal of very little porridge a day but soon she's eating two meals of porridge and from 1/3 bowl to 1/2 bowl to 2/3 bowl and now she's eating one full rice bowl of porridge per meal! she also takes teething rusk and munch quite a bit off >< now i'm trying to bake my own teething biscuits and also planning to give her banana and broccoli next...

she used to sleep through the night but recently after starting solids she also wake up more and i'll nurse her back to sleep. then she also poo lesser and her poo are kinda sticky solid, very adult poo like and super stinky! she seems to have to push very hard to poo... and she doesn't like to drink her water =/

btw she's already 7 mths! time flies!! to think we were here when we were just having a bump... that was so yesterday yet so many months ago!

she's not sitting up yet, will topple in seconds, but she flips around a lot nowadays. waiting for her to sit and crawl... but i'm ok if she's not ready yet... at least easier to take care of a baby that's not crawling all over and risk falling off bed/sofa!

i'm gg back to work and i'm so not looking forward to it =( i'm enjoying every moment now sticking with baby almost 24/7 and wish i could just stay at home!!

Kary2500

mrsliaw:772812 said:
hi Kary,there is a fb group? mind adding me in? so i can learn about my baby's growth and development.[/

Last edited:

Memory

Wow ur gal is eating alot.. Does she drink more milk as well? Good that she has been expose to different food. So before you mix all the ingredients to the porridge, did u try them one at a time? Ever since my son start on solid, he's been drinking lesser and same old habit of drinking only when he's going to slp.. very hard to get him to drink from bottle :(

Yup, time flies.. very fast in few months time, our kids will be 1yrs old by then.. watching them grow up day by day, cant bear the thought that they will grow bigger and bigger rapidly.. Do enjoy ur time with your gal before u go to work.. Well think of it in a positive way, at least u have got more bonding time with ur kid now.. sometimes at work i also wish how good if i can stay at hme.. Can rest and play with baby..

skyler is now eating 2 bowls of porridge a day... plain rice porridge with carrots, potatoes or pumpkins so far. we also cook with 1.2l capacity slow cooker. mil is v enthusiastic and will wake up early to put everything into the slow cooker and let it cook... i'll let her since she'll be taking care of her once i'm back at work. we feed her just before noon and just before 6pm... usually after feeding her will be my turn to eat lunch or dinner.

before we start her on porridge, she had avocado, sweet potato, apple... all pureed, and also happy bellies baby brown rice cereal. she started with one meal of very little porridge a day but soon she's eating two meals of porridge and from 1/3 bowl to 1/2 bowl to 2/3 bowl and now she's eating one full rice bowl of porridge per meal! she also takes teething rusk and munch quite a bit off >< now i'm trying to bake my own teething biscuits and also planning to give her banana and broccoli next...

she used to sleep through the night but recently after starting solids she also wake up more and i'll nurse her back to sleep. then she also poo lesser and her poo are kinda sticky solid, very adult poo like and super stinky! she seems to have to push very hard to poo... and she doesn't like to drink her water =/

btw she's already 7 mths! time flies!! to think we were here when we were just having a bump... that was so yesterday yet so many months ago!

she's not sitting up yet, will topple in seconds, but she flips around a lot nowadays. waiting for her to sit and crawl... but i'm ok if she's not ready yet... at least easier to take care of a baby that's not crawling all over and risk falling off bed/sofa!

i'm gg back to work and i'm so not looking forward to it =( i'm enjoying every moment now sticking with baby almost 24/7 and wish i could just stay at home!!