EDD September 2013 Mummies

Same Mrsvistamio! I bought bra that time too!

btw mummies, have u guys started shopping for bb stuff?
What brand of breast pump u getting? So ex.. Medela freestyle double is what I m keen in!
Hi, I bought medela freestyle too! If you r looking for a new local set, check out kiddy palace, so far they have got the cheapest w/o bundle price at $699.find that the things norm included in the bundle not very useful.

A mummy

Sigh - I tot once preggers, can do without panty liners, pads and tampons... How wrong I was...

Bra - well, I find Those camisoles with built in cups from uniqlo very comfy. And these are more practical as after birth can still wear. i reckon it is quite silly to just buy new bras right cuz this size increase is only temporary... I have also been wearing my existing bras but I got the extender so that it is less tight across the width and I adjust the straps so that it is looser.

A mummy - I hope you are feeling better. For me, I am still using my usual skin care. But i find myself getting never-go-away pimples! But well, i find light makeup works for my happiness level. i use natural foundation to even out the tone, eyebrow pencil, mascara, blusher for more color to the cheeks and lip gloss. I have gained 8kg... And the areas below my breasts sometimes hurt. Erm I think it is impt to remain optimistic and happy lah. Sometimes, it is mind over matter. So I do things that make me happy like listening to calm music (when I am feeling agitated), window shop online (when I am feeling sad), write down my feelings on a piece of paper (when I am feeling overwhelmed) - helps to put things in perspective I feel. I will also daydream on how baby will look... Cute fingers and toes and Michelin like arms and thighs.. Hahah but sometimes I think of that then I start panicking cuz oh my - what if I make a lousy and hopeless mum =)
Thank you. I tried the letter writing and I felt much better. Maybe I'm just confused and overwhelming with everything. I also felt that i will be a lousy mummy. But I talked to my mum and she said noone is ever ready to be a mum. Just try our best to make our baby as comfy as possible and sincerely do it, everythg will be joyous.
At the same time, I just can't wait to see my baby's feet=(

A mummy

Yes, you can take spirulina. It is a whole food supplement. More digestible protein than eating beef and you get iron too. It's the sea vegetable. What pain are you referring to? Are you experience cramp?
Not now but during menstruation. Worst than just normal cramps. But now is like a big break for me.

A mummy

The extension does not work for me, My boobs can't be helped. It's just so crazy. I cant even breathe while sleeping. Feel like it's pulling my heart out and cant sleep due to sudden palpitation .If i do wear a bra, my chest will feel tight. =(

littlej

A mummy - try the camisoles with built in cups at uniqlo. It is called minimalism or something. Anyway ultra comfy and costs only $39.90 or $34.90. And comes in bigger sizes too :)

Did you ask your gynae for advice on the sleeping?

Also, you may wish to try pre natal yoga or Pilates. The former Helps in breathing and stretching; and the latter helps in stretching and muscle building. I feel I get a good night sleep after my yoga / Pilates class.

I am glad the letter writing helped. It works for me.

Oh - I think I am going to be a horrible mum sometimes. Y'know, I am so missing wine and oysters and sashimi right now!!

The extension does not work for me, My boobs can't be helped. It's just so crazy. I cant even breathe while sleeping. Feel like it's pulling my heart out and cant sleep due to sudden palpitation .If i do wear a bra, my chest will feel tight. =(
I had sudden heart palpitation many years ago. Went to see doctor and doctor suspect is the thyroid. Some women have lack of iodine, you can get from kelp or in supplement form. It is responsible for heart rate, metabolism. Lack of iodine is also linked to premature labor. If mom develops into hyper or hypothyroidism at the third trimester, doctor will normally suggest induction. Perhaps, you can consider checking with your doctor or naturopathy doctor for help. Take care A mummy.

A mummy

I had sudden heart palpitation many years ago. Went to see doctor and doctor suspect is the thyroid. Some women have lack of iodine, you can get from kelp or in supplement form. It is responsible for heart rate, metabolism. Lack of iodine is also linked to premature labor. If mom develops into hyper or hypothyroidism at the third trimester, doctor will normally suggest induction. Perhaps, you can consider checking with your doctor or naturopathy doctor for help. Take care A mummy.

I don't have thyroid. It's just when I sleep my breast just pull my chest out. Only when I am lying down. =(...
Previously about my heart palpitate in the 1st trimester, it was because I was anaemic. Slowly after I gained weight and stuffs, get my blood test, blood count was better.Only a bit above the minimum point.So it's ok gynae said. Now it's just so irritating. But you are right, it's always the thyroid if we are not pregnant that's the first thing doc will check.

littlej

Hi a mummy - I saw today that muji also has the built in padding with camisole. $29.90 - very comfy. I bought one.

Have any mums buy bb stuff ? My friend can get 30% off avent products..is t good deal?
I still don't know what to buy.. Do we need the sterilize milk bottle n pacifier before use? Can the sucking tip be sterilize in hot water too?

littlej

Hello mrsvistamio - I am getting mendela. I heard if u use mendela breast pump just use mendela bottles so that baby is used to the tits (the bottle tits).

Hi, my friend uses medela bottles but felt that the tits weren't as good so switch to NUK tits. I think got to see individual baby. And Avent has good sterilizer and warmer.

imethereal

mummies, end this month there's an Expo sales... Motherhood, anyone going?

I've not bought much things yet except an Avent electric breast pump. Hubby got from ebay, a UK seller, for only 150 SGD & free shipping. Very cheap... Robinson selling that at about 300 SGD!

I heard friends recommending Baby Bellies for Jamu massage... anyone has any comments? reviews?

Sunbeams

Hi, the avent electric breast pump is it single or double? That's a good price!
they call it the silent electric pump is it

A mummy

Still finding good deals from medela.
Pacifier and bottles I purchased from tommee tippee.Read from magazines they have list of awards. One that got my eye is that the tits is like the mummies.Not soft type. Good transition from breastfeeding to bottlefeeding. Like baby can't tell the difference. So yea.

Pump wise I am trying to buy medela. See the GSS sale or perhaps online spree.

Steriliser and warmer you can get it in a set at Takashimaya atrium sale. They come with bottles too at $100 plus. I have not seen it yet. Perhaps next month. (tommee tippee set)

How's your babies? I hope no complication and doing well. I once mentioned my baby is active at week 12-14 I can see her bouncing bouncing ... Went for checkup last week, umbilical cord tangled. One round. Loose though.

i bought second hand avent Sterilizer and Warmer - total $55 , some second hand one are still in good condition, you can consider viewing before buying

As for Bottles, i am buying Pigeon nursing bottles, Heard from friend that Quality wise better than Medela bottles, and cheaper too....and its standard neck size can fit on medela pump too.... i also bought two MAM bottles for feeding. Read that MAM teats texture are close to mummy's nipples.

I also got my medela freestyle pump , second hand set used less than a year...$220, everything included, except for Bottles (which i will buy myself) and Funnels which i will wait till near to delivery date so that i roughly know the aerola size.