Feeling helpless and sad again......plus frustrationssssss

vonn81

Can any angel out there help me?? My girl refuse to eat again....

she was taking food well and ate quite alot until she stop BM when she is 14mths. Tried different formula until finally she can accept Prediasure. After introducing, i realise its for fussy eaters...but i dont think my girl is fussy at tat point of time lah.so i called up to ask fot Gain IQ sample too...then the sales person understand my point so she says yah maybe can try giving Gain IQ instead. but after she knew her weight n age. she says she is kind of light. i say ya she is at the 50 percentil. cos her birth weight is low. 2.73kg. then she suggest maybe hang on to prediasure for time being 1st lah.
But my concern is i dont want her to get too used to prediasure as i wont want to give it to her for long term. As i find it too sweet. Even when i asked my family doc, she says its ok to give prediasure as we can see her weight gain at 500g in just one week. so she says let her pass the 10kg mark 1st. BUT now she is not gaining much...why...becos she is fussy in her food liao...Big sigh....have been trying all ways to make her food...she seems to be interested at the begining...but after a few mouthful...thats it. she refuses no matter how i coax her. I told myself not to scold her or get angry as in the past i used too n i realise having a good meal time is best for her....so i controlled my anger....but this time...1 week...2 weeks..3 weeks...even a month had passed by she still show no interest.How can i not get angry????\ only once awhile she will take more. most of the time she is choosy....now she doesnt likes porridge so i have been giving her rice with grill/steam fish, omelette, pototes...etc.

I was wandering is it the formula that makes her lost her appetite? or crave for our food? or my cooking really sucky?? I dont use seasoning on her food, why isn't she used to it?? Still so choosy? i have started giving her outside food now. like fish soup rice...i will give her the fish n rice w/o the soup. or mee hoon kway w/o the soup. i cant say she loves them all the time...it also depends on her mood.

The only thing she will nv reject is fruits...she likes most of the fruits we gave...sweet or sour she will take.

I really donno what can i do now. give her formula at every meals??

Pls kind soul out there give me some advise.....on receipes...or how to make her eat....thanks a million....

jasobias

hi,
u cld try mixing the formula in the food instead,Like i used to feed my son who just refused milk.I wld use his formula as a base for everything i cld..like making chicken with potato then blending it with milk.Sweet potato is usually a big hit with babies..can put in milk rather than water when blending it,or pumpkin.Without milk or solids its gonna be diff for ur baby to put on much weight so just try mixing it all.

vonn81

hi,
you cld try mixing the formula in the food instead,Like i used to feed my son who just refused milk.I wld use his formula as a base for everything i cld..like making chicken with potato then blending it with milk.Sweet potato is usually a big hit with babies..can put in milk rather than water when blending it,or pumpkin.Without milk or solids its gonna be diff for your baby to put on much weight so just try mixing it all.

Hi thanks for your reply....but she is drinking milk well leh...do i have to do that still?? she drinks 3 times a day...if she din eat much of solids then i'll give her milk too. i dont blend her food now...cos she can chew already....she likes steam sweet potatoes...i used to cook with porride but she doesnt like porridge now...so i stop...

annie

can try other carbo? eg marcaroni? noodle? or try making her food more colourful? maybe will attract her? since she loves fruits, y not try fruits with cereal? eg oatmeal cereal, brown rice cereal, corn flakes? those without sugar type of cos.. mix with fruits n her formula. should be tasty. or try making french toast?

vonn81

can try other carbo? eg marcaroni? noodle? or try making her food more colourful? maybe will attract her? since she loves fruits, why not try fruits with cereal? eg oatmeal cereal, brown rice cereal, corn flakes? those without sugar type of cos.. mix with fruits and her formula. should be tasty. or try making french toast?

hi annie long time din chat with u ya...how r u doing now? ur gal leh??

got i got give marcaroni...even try to make own pasta sauce s i found i receipe...she doesnt like it loh....i used to give marcaroni with soup..+ corns, potatoes, mushrooms, wolfberries etc....she can accept..but now....sigh....
Yup..i was thinking was it the appearance too... i bought the nestle cereal she doesnt like it wor somemore the fruits flavor stage 4 ones..unless i add some raisins she will still take....oats i gave her alot nearly everyday last time...she rejects a few times i stop liao...oh mix fruits with formulas?? wat mixed fruits? fresh ones? haven tried conflakes...shall go buy then add to her formula milk hor...hmm....french toast also idea...but she is not an egg lover...hope she likes....even bread arh...now she cant even finshed a piece...last time she can eat 1.5....sigh....

annie

hehe long time no see..

im fine and my girl is great as well. she started to crawl, stand while holding onto the sofa n table and walk around the table while supporting it liao hehe. great achievement during her 8mths old.. she can even sit down properly after she get tired of standing up hehe. my mum say my sis son always fall down dunno y.. my girl hor.. she strange strange one.. totally dun fall down one.. (unless on sofa or bed la). she dun fall down while sitting n also dun fall down while standing.. she fall only when she is trying to learn n still unstable but its like only 2 times or so.. then after that no more falling down.. so i can rest my mind n let her play alone then i go toilet poo or wat cos no accident from her de lol. but of cos better play safe then sorry la.

i was asking u in another thread bout your milk supply after your girl stop drinking suddenly.. how u deal with it? will engorge right?

hmm.. i think sometimes bb change their appetite so dratically. like snowbear also say her alicia loves oatmeal n porridge but one day she decide that she dun wan to take these anymore...

bb change n change so we got to keep up with them! poor mummies...

french toast quite nice la. maybe she dosent like egg but might like french toast? hehe. or try bake potatoes? there are many other carbos to take over those she dun like so can try..

yah fresh fruits to add to the corn flakes(plain type) together with her formula. colourful fruits might looks appealing. eg strawberries? or watever fruits she likes since she likes fruits so much. got fruits mix inside she might jsut take it?

vonn81

hehe long time no see..

im fine and my girl is great as well. she started to crawl, stand while holding onto the sofa and table and walk around the table while supporting it hehe. great achievement during her 8mths old.. she can even sit down properly after she get tired of standing up hehe. my mum say my sis son always fall down dont know why.. my girl .. she strange strange one.. totally dont fall down one.. (unless on sofa or bed ). she dont fall down while sitting and also dont fall down while standing.. she fall only when she is trying to learn and still unstable but its like only 2 times or so.. then after that no more falling down.. so i can rest my mind and let her play alone then i go toilet poo or what cos no accident from her lol. but of cos better play safe then sorry .

i was asking you in another thread bout your milk supply after your girl stop drinking suddenly.. how you deal with it? will engorge right?

hmm.. i think sometimes baby change their appetite so dratically. like snowbear also say her alicia loves oatmeal and porridge but one day she decide that she dont want to take these anymore...

baby change and change so we got to keep up with them! poor mummies...

french toast quite nice . maybe she dosent like egg but might like french toast? hehe. or try bake potatoes? there are many other carbos to take over those she dont like so can try..

yah fresh fruits to add to the corn flakes(plain type) together with her formula. colourful fruits might looks appealing. eg strawberries? or watever fruits she likes since she likes fruits so much. got fruits mix inside she might jsut take it?

wow...thats great to hear that...Excellent job ya...*hugs* brave girl....
oh sorry i have been bz so din not come to mummysg for quite awhile...

No eh i din get engorgment leh....already 1 mths plus coming to 2mths...now when i su ka su ka try try squeeze still have sign of milk leh...dunno when will stop...but its not disturbing so i nv care loh... but my menses suddenly nv come wor...i had my menses even when i was Bfding...but not every mth n not regular. but these 2 mths like nv come leh...dunno why...I"M definitly not preggy...LOL!!!

I dont have oven lah...if not i can bake cakes for her...sigh...i saw quite a few food receipe also require baking...sianz... ya lo trying to see wat other carbo thingy...poor mummies s u said...

annie

go buy a cheap oven? hehe.

hmm i was thinking suddenly stop bf sure engorge.. cos even though i still feeding her.. at night she never drink i will engorge also..lol.

Spiralng

Hi Vonn,

Hv u try using slow cooker to cook your porriage? Put a bit of rice, then add pork ribs(the type wif the big bones)and pumpkin in it.

Before cooking, rub the pork ribs wif a bit of salt. Put it in the small pot together wif the rice and pumpkin and add hot water to it. Slow cook till it's ready for meal time.

When feeding your girl, let her sit in a confine area. Eg...high chair, walker ect...so that during meal time she dun move away. Try feeding her few mouthful at a time. If she can't finish, at least the rest r still in the pot which u can feed her later.

vonn81

go buy a cheap oven? hehe.

hmm i was thinking suddenly stop bf sure engorge.. cos even though i still feeding her.. at night she never drink i will engorge also..lol.[/quo

hahaha....oven...got to go pester my DH liao....

Hmmm....before she is one yr old will lor if she is not drinking for many hrs...but after one yr think becos she drink lesser liao so slowly drop and then no more engorgement....hehehe

vonn81

Hi Vonn,

have you try using slow cooker to cook your porriage? Put a bit of rice, then add pork ribs(the type with the big bones)and pumpkin in it.

Before cooking, rub the pork ribs with a bit of salt. Put it in the small pot together with the rice and pumpkin and add hot water to it. Slow cook till it's ready for meal time.

When feeding your girl, let her sit in a confine area. Eg...high chair, walker ect...so that during meal time she dont move away. Try feeding her few mouthful at a time. If she can't finish, at least the rest are still in the pot which you can feed her later.

Hi Spiralng,

Ya i did that from the begining....i always use slow cooker cos easy n no need to look over the fire. I always use stock to cook porridge one...either pork/chicken or vege( corn, potatoes, wolfberries, cauliflower, carrots etc) Nv plain....

Yup she is on high chair ever since she is on solids...i NV allow her to run about....:)

Spiralng

Hi Spiralng,

Ya i did that from the begining....i always use slow cooker cos easy and no need to look over the fire. I always use stock to cook porridge one...either pork/chicken or vege( corn, potatoes, wolfberries, cauliflower, carrots etc) never plain....

Yup she is on high chair ever since she is on solids...i never allow her to run about....:)
Hmm...u did mention she will eat in the beginning meaning...along the way, there might be some changes. Sometimes, children will tend to test the adults.
Eg...if they know they refuse to eat their meals, they will get to eat their favourite candy or food.
When feeding your girl, if u feel a bit fustrated even though u dun show it, your girl will be able to sense it. U might wan to try side aside a small little plate with chop carrots or bits of fish where your daughter can use her finger to pick the food. When she is playing wif her food, try to feed her at the same time. She will keep turning her head. Feed her when she open her mouth to eat the bits of fish or carrots that u set aside.

snowbear

Hi Spiralng,

Ya i did that from the begining....i always use slow cooker cos easy and no need to look over the fire. I always use stock to cook porridge one...either pork/chicken or vege( corn, potatoes, wolfberries, cauliflower, carrots etc) never plain....

Yup she is on high chair ever since she is on solids...i never allow her to run about....:)
vonn, i've finally succumbed to letting my dear daughter move around during meals. I dont't actually have to chase her around. I realise that she just really hates being confined. That's all. She'd sometimes just sit quietly in my lap during feeding or she'd put her arms around my neck, hugging me. I've always been very agst not feeding her in her chair but i realised that she eats a GREAT deal more when i dont put her in her chair. She used to eat also only a few mouths then everything else has to be thrown away when i put her in her chair. But now she can eat much much more now that i dont put her in! I was so shocked by the great difference. I'm not encouraging you to give up feeding her in her chair - it's a really good habit and i hope to bring her back to her chair some day - I'm just sharing with you my experience with my fussy dear daughter (you know how fussy and small-sized alicia is!). Weighing the pros and cons of feeding her in her chair, i decided that at the moment, my most impt concern is to get the food into her body since she's still so small at 1 year old...

vonn81

vonn, i've finally succumbed to letting my dear daughter move around during meals. I dont't actually have to chase her around. I realise that she just really hates being confined. That's all. She'd sometimes just sit quietly in my lap during feeding or she'd put her arms around my neck, hugging me. I've always been very agst not feeding her in her chair but i realised that she eats a GREAT deal more when i dont put her in her chair. She used to eat also only a few mouths then everything else has to be thrown away when i put her in her chair. But now she can eat much much more now that i dont put her in! I was so shocked by the great difference. I'm not encouraging you to give up feeding her in her chair - it's a really good habit and i hope to bring her back to her chair some day - I'm just sharing with you my experience with my fussy dear daughter (you know how fussy and small-sized alicia is!). Weighing the pros and cons of feeding her in her chair, i decided that at the moment, my most impt concern is to get the food into her body since she's still so small at 1 year old...
Hi Snowbear,

Congrats Alicia is One yr old now...so fast hor....

I totally understand ur concern. I also realised that though. Cos sometimes when we were out or to others' house they dun have high chairs too. so i will just put her on my lap or sitting on the floor to feed her. She din run about lah....so i tot wow thats the gd thing about letting her sit on high chairs. So whenever i'm at home i make sure she sits on it during meal time. Only time she is free is when she is having her dessert, eg fruits. i will allow her to be OUT....

I did a few times when she is really cranky n did not eat at all...i carried her out like u said Alicia's arm on ur neck that way to feed her....she will normally eat a few mouthful. Haiz...dunno leh..i really scared this habit will be kick off when i let her be free leh...cos she is really an active girl...stubborn too....

vonn81

Hmm...you did mention she will eat in the beginning meaning...along the way, there might be some changes. Sometimes, children will tend to test the adults.
Eg...if they know they refuse to eat their meals, they will get to eat their favourite candy or food.
When feeding your girl, if you feel a bit fustrated even though you dont show it, your girl will be able to sense it. you might want to try side aside a small little plate with chop carrots or bits of fish where your daughter can use her finger to pick the food. When she is playing with her food, try to feed her at the same time. She will keep turning her head. Feed her when she open her mouth to eat the bits of fish or carrots that you set aside.

Well, the only changes is she is not taking BM liao loh...she is drinking Prediasure formula...i was wondering is it becos the carbo it higher than normal formula that makes her not so hungry thru the day...but the thing is...morning feed ( ard 7 am) i gave her Gain IQ which is normal milk mah...but she is not taking her BF well either. her bf timing now is 10 plus 11. cos she will sleep back after the milk...sometimes not right after lah..she will play on the bed for awhile n then fall asleep....

During meal time when she is cranky i will give her some toys to play with to distract her while i feed her...sometimes workable sometimes not...i will let take her food to eat but i dont want her to play with her food leh...she muz not confuse food is to eat not to play....

vonn81

hehe long time no see..

im fine and my girl is great as well. she started to crawl, stand while holding onto the sofa and table and walk around the table while supporting it hehe. great achievement during her 8mths old.. she can even sit down properly after she get tired of standing up hehe. my mum say my sis son always fall down dont know why.. my girl .. she strange strange one.. totally dont fall down one.. (unless on sofa or bed ). she dont fall down while sitting and also dont fall down while standing.. she fall only when she is trying to learn and still unstable but its like only 2 times or so.. then after that no more falling down.. so i can rest my mind and let her play alone then i go toilet poo or what cos no accident from her lol. but of cos better play safe then sorry .

i was asking you in another thread bout your milk supply after your girl stop drinking suddenly.. how you deal with it? will engorge right?

hmm.. i think sometimes baby change their appetite so dratically. like snowbear also say her alicia loves oatmeal and porridge but one day she decide that she dont want to take these anymore...

baby change and change so we got to keep up with them! poor mummies...

french toast quite nice . maybe she dosent like egg but might like french toast? hehe. or try bake potatoes? there are many other carbos to take over those she dont like so can try..

hi annie...

today i gave my girl plain corn flakes with her milk n strawberries n kiwi....she doesnt like it....she doesnt like the milk i think...cos i tried giving her the fruits w/o the milk n she at least still eat....the corn flakes i took some out w/o mixing in the milk she eats...so means she doesnt like the milk taste loh....so weirdo one...she drinks the milk every morning why she cannot accept the taste?? sigh...i will try out the french toast later for her lunch....

ytd we went to Crystal jade... i ordered plain congee for her to try see is it becos she like tasty porridge...cos my fren had check with them they said they soak their rice n oats overnight n cook with pork bone stock...so i tot its alright lah...just abit....OMG...not even 1 mouthful...she taste liao spilt out. Can u imagine...the porridge is so tasty for us adults liao ....she is really really fussy leh...try giving her mushrooms she ate a few then dont want liao...beancurd also...so ordered plain noodles for her....again NO NO NO to her. Until finally i tried giving her fish ( we ordered FISH with apple soup) n she took the fish. but not the apples...funny girl right....hai....i'm going to lift WHITE flag soon....

stonston

Vonn, after reading through your posts, I came up with a few main points (may not be correct):
1. Your girl enjoys her milk (Pediasure)
2. She is 'selective' about her food (she likes fish)
3. Does not enjoy being confined to her chair during meal times
4. You are concerned that she's not eating & therefore not gaining weight

Suggestions I can offer (may or may not work):
1. Ensure VARIETY. Even adults won't want porridge everyday, so our kids definitely will be bored too! Sometimes they may not like certain foods the first time you feed them as the flavour is new. Try again a few days later. You cannot say your child does not like a particular food until you have allowed your child to try it for more than 10 times, spread over a 3mth period.
2. Introduce new flavours slowly. Mix it in with a familiar taste so that it would be too overwhelming. Maybe you have been giving fish with corn/wolfberries and your child likes it, then try changing 1 of the ingredients gradually (maybe lesser corn & add some spinach). Just like how some of us gradually change milk formula, it's the same for food (you can try to dilute the pediasure with other brands of milk if you find it too sweet).
3. Allowing your child to eat WITH YOU. I see from your ticker that Bianca is 1yo? My son hated to eat alone during that age. He wanted to sit with us at the dinner table. He wanted his own set of cutleries. He watched our every move & wanted to scoop food from our plates. They are learning by imitation, so let her imitate you eating healthy food!
4. Try using fish bones as soup base since she likes fish. My boy loves fish & chicken and he'll even sneak onto the dinner table to get more! To avoid the dangerous bones in your girl's food, you can buy those bags to put the fish bone inside so that the soup only has the flavour but not the bones :)

Don't be discouraged or frustrated. My son went through this phase too. We just load him up with more milk to make up for lesser food taken.

My parents dealt with it the hard way. Avoid any milk/snacks/excessive water 2 hours before dinner. Just before dinner time, bring him down to the park for a run. Make him HUNGRY. When he comes back, quick shower & mouthful after mouthful you'll see go into his mouth. My parents' thinking is the 'old' thinking, when you are hungry, anything tastes good! & it worked :p

vonn81

Vonn, after reading through your posts, I came up with a few main points (may not be correct):
1. Your girl enjoys her milk (Pediasure)
2. She is 'selective' about her food (she likes fish)
3. Does not enjoy being confined to her chair during meal times
4. You are concerned that she's not eating & therefore not gaining weight

Suggestions I can offer (may or may not work):
1. Ensure VARIETY. Even adults won't want porridge everyday, so our kids definitely will be bored too! Sometimes they may not like certain foods the first time you feed them as the flavour is new. Try again a few days later. You cannot say your child does not like a particular food until you have allowed your child to try it for more than 10 times, spread over a 3mth period.
2. Introduce new flavours slowly. Mix it in with a familiar taste so that it would be too overwhelming. Maybe you have been giving fish with corn/wolfberries and your child likes it, then try changing 1 of the ingredients gradually (maybe lesser corn & add some spinach). Just like how some of us gradually change milk formula, it's the same for food (you can try to dilute the pediasure with other brands of milk if you find it too sweet).
3. Allowing your child to eat WITH YOU. I see from your ticker that Bianca is 1yo? My son hated to eat alone during that age. He wanted to sit with us at the dinner table. He wanted his own set of cutleries. He watched our every move & wanted to scoop food from our plates. They are learning by imitation, so let her imitate you eating healthy food!
4. Try using fish bones as soup base since she likes fish. My boy loves fish & chicken and he'll even sneak onto the dinner table to get more! To avoid the dangerous bones in your girl's food, you can buy those bags to put the fish bone inside so that the soup only has the flavour but not the bones :)

dont't be discouraged or frustrated. My son went through this phase too. We just load him up with more milk to make up for lesser food taken.

My parents dealt with it the hard way. Avoid any milk/snacks/excessive water 2 hours before dinner. Just before dinner time, bring him down to the park for a run. Make him HUNGRY. When he comes back, quick shower & mouthful after mouthful you'll see go into his mouth. My parents' thinking is the 'old' thinking, when you are hungry, anything tastes good! & it worked :p

Hi Stonston,

Thank you for your time to go thru my posts and to list out clearly on the prob i'm facing....

1. Your girl enjoys her milk (Pediasure) - True in a way, but she doesnt finished the amt i give her all the time.
2. She is 'selective' about her food (she likes fish)- I'm not too sure about it, cos she used to not liking it until recently i grill it or steam it for her to go with rice.
3. Does not enjoy being confined to her chair during meal times - What should i do then? Let her be free? really in dilemma
4. You are concerned that she's not eating & therefore not gaining weight - Yes.

Suggestions that you offer :
1. Ensure VARIETY. Even adults won't want porridge everyday, so our kids definitely will be bored too! Sometimes they may not like certain foods the first time you feed them as the flavour is new. Try again a few days later. You cannot say your child does not like a particular food until you have allowed your child to try it for more than 10 times, spread over a 3mth period. Ya, i did. initially i gave everyday...but after that i changed. Lunch if she is having porridge , dinner i will give her marcaroni/kway tiao/udon/beenhoon soup. i try not to bored her. But its seems like all my effort goes down to the drain. that makes me no encourgement to try different things.
2. Introduce new flavours slowly. Mix it in with a familiar taste so that it would be too overwhelming. Maybe you have been giving fish with corn/wolfberries and your child likes it, then try changing 1 of the ingredients gradually (maybe lesser corn & add some spinach). Just like how some of us gradually change milk formula, it's the same for food (you can try to dilute the pediasure with other brands of milk if you find it too sweet).- I cook until i'm very sian already. initially i have plan out her meals....slowly i'm now very demoralised. I hate to cook now. I dont want to mix different formula together, that y i gave her GainIQ in the morning. the taste is not so string n sweet. she will only drink in the morning, cos she is hungry after so many hrs i guess.
3. Allowing your child to eat WITH YOU. I see from your ticker that Bianca is 1yo? My son hated to eat alone during that age. He wanted to sit with us at the dinner table. He wanted his own set of cutleries. He watched our every move & wanted to scoop food from our plates. They are learning by imitation, so let her imitate you eating healthy food! - She does eat with me/us. Maybe not every meal time. Like BF, she will have it with me at the dinner table. but she is on her high chair. Lunch maybe she will eat on her own ( s in i'll feed her) cos eating time different. Dinner will be with my family. Ya she is 15mths plus now. Did u let ur son to feed himself? since u said he has his own cutleries? Bianca has it too. but she prefer ours at times....like using chopsticks to feed her.
4. Try using fish bones as soup base since she likes fish. My boy loves fish & chicken and he'll even sneak onto the dinner table to get more! To avoid the dangerous bones in your girl's food, you can buy those bags to put the fish bone inside so that the soup only has the flavour but not the bones :)- If i'm cooking fish porridge i will use fish bone sometimes. But if not cooking fish still use fish bones will the taste be funny?? like everything she eats got fishy smell? GOOD idea to use the bags...cos everytime before putting in the rice i got to sieve it 1st. abit mafan.... But now she doesnt want porridge i dont noe wat to cook for her too lah...cos to go with rice...i need to cook the dishes separately. somemore she is so picky. ...and she is not and egg lover too...i tot i exposed her with varities she shouldnt be so fussy ..but unfortunately....EXCEPT fruits....

dont't be discouraged or frustrated. My son went through this phase too. We just load him up with more milk to make up for lesser food taken. - me too hope to give her more milk to replace, but she cant finished. her average intake each time is 120ml minus powder.

My parents dealt with it the hard way. Avoid any milk/snacks/excessive water 2 hours before dinner. Just before dinner time, bring him down to the park for a run. Make him HUNGRY. When he comes back, quick shower & mouthful after mouthful you'll see go into his mouth. My parents' thinking is the 'old' thinking, when you are hungry, anything tastes good! & it worked
-hmmm....maybe i should try that...but the thing is...I HAVE no courage to yell my heads off when my pil gave her food to eat.... I dont understand why ppl like to feed young kids...feeding them are so fun??? Then every meal time they feed lah....then i will now have so much dead cells. They dont now our feeding time and always like to give them w/o asking. I've told them before. Just now i wanted to feed her milk already...and i saw my mil feeding her fruits...i gek gek ask what u giving her...she says banana...i gave her a black face n say...i'm going to give her milk already leh...then she says ok lo dont liao. Then Bianca doesnt want her milk. i purposely put it on the table to let her see. She knows that Bianca likes fruits so she will normally buy grapes and so that easy for her to give her i think....she always has no chance to feed her banana , cos i usually add to her oats during bf, so i will tell her NOT to give again. she smart loh...buy grapes loh....Its no t easy if there are ppl interferring .....i wont yell at them lah...but give black face n not gd tone lor....sigh..

snowbear

Hi Snowbear,

Congrats Alicia is One your old now...so fast ....

I totally understand your concern. I also realised that though. Cos sometimes when we were out or to others' house they dont have high chairs too. so i will just put her on my lap or sitting on the floor to feed her. She did not run about ....so i thought wow thats the good thing about letting her sit on high chairs. So whenever i'm at home i make sure she sits on it during meal time. Only time she is free is when she is having her dessert, eg fruits. i will allow her to be OUT....

I did a few times when she is really cranky and did not eat at all...i carried her out like you said Alicia's arm on your neck that way to feed her....she will normally eat a few mouthful. sigh...dont know ..i really scared this habit will be kick off when i let her be free ...cos she is really an active girl...stubborn too....
I felt so torn between letting her out of her chair so that she is in a better mood to eat and not letting her out just so that she can cultivate the gd habit of eating at her chair. I tried all sorts of ways to make her sit in her chair but she just can't stay there to finish the meal: i gave her toys (which she keeps throwing around - really exasperating!), let her watch some tv, let her eat together at the dinner table (and even for lunch, i eat with her)... She'll just scream and try to get up from the highchair and coz she's so skinny she can wiggle out from the safety belt... I thought she'd finally learn after months of making her sit in the high chair, but it seems that she's more stubborn than i thought. The only time she'd sit properly in her chair is during the finger food meal. But i can't be offering finger food all day long... i tried letting her self-feed cereal but it was a disaster...

She can sit quite well in the baby chair when we bring her out. Can last longer in it compared to at home. But even then, she'd still wanna climb out to be carried. Sigh... I can understand your frustrations coz my Alicia isn't easy to feed too!!! Jia you vonn!!!

vonn81

I felt so torn between letting her out of her chair so that she is in a better mood to eat and not letting her out just so that she can cultivate the good habit of eating at her chair. I tried all sorts of ways to make her sit in her chair but she just can't stay there to finish the meal: i gave her toys (which she keeps throwing around - really exasperating!), let her watch some tv, let her eat together at the dinner table (and even for lunch, i eat with her)... She'll just scream and try to get up from the highchair and coz she's so skinny she can wiggle out from the safety belt... I thought she'd finally learn after months of making her sit in the high chair, but it seems that she's more stubborn than i thought. The only time she'd sit properly in her chair is during the finger food meal. But i can't be offering finger food all day long... i tried letting her self-feed cereal but it was a disaster...

She can sit quite well in the baby chair when we bring her out. Can last longer in it compared to at home. But even then, she'd still wanna climb out to be carried. Sigh... I can understand your frustrations coz my Alicia isn't easy to feed too!!! Jia you vonn!!!

I think we shared the same experience and frustrations....I really feel like giving up on try out food for her liao leh...just give her milk will do for the time being....cos just now dinner time was the same too....i gave her scramble egg with spinach n chicken. and vege macaroni. she reject the macaroni and ate the scramble egg..i tot heng lah at least she eats...but same after a few mouthful she split it OUT again.....so i gave her 80ml of milk instead lor....

I hope i can Jia You....but thanks for ur encouragements....