Good TCM Doctor ???

J

justforgags

Hi peeps, wanna share wit u my experienced with the TCM at jurong east recommended by some of the forummers here. Well, i went thr tis morn cz of my terrible headache which i realise it occur only during my last day of menses n last till the 3rd day aft my menses.. Evntho' i hv regular menses doesn't mean tat im fine.. I've been to kkh b4 cz i had a terrible cramp tat i feel lyk dying n pespire alot n cnt evn move n my hubby brought me str8 to A&E in KKH. Everything was fine according to the doc n say tat mebbe my hormones changes tats y i had tis pain n require to get a scan done to c if thr's anything wrong with my ovary or uterus n the results came out tat im fine, papsmear was done as well n it came out negative.. So wen i went to the TCM which was recommended n got bad news which i felt disheartened:(. She says tat i have many problems. Wat she say reali happened to me on my bad sinuses, the bad menses cramp accompanied by the terrible headache n pain on my left womb.. She say i got these problems bulky uterus, endometresis, PCO, slanted womb which cause my blood flow backwards n another 3 medical terms tat i dun understd as in her writings.. She recommended me to c DR Christopher Chen.. I know tis is not goin to be cheap but im prepared.. Im reali feelin dwn now:(. As for my hubby he has got a low quality sperms etc, no heads, 2 heads, body not in a proper shape... these is wat she sees in us wen she tch our pulse. But my hubby is nt much of a problem according to the lady physician. He can still bore me a child but i mz get myself treated first.. She told me to c Dr Chris Chen n bring the report to her n advice me nt to go for any blood test or operation w/o her seeing the report first.. Well, we'll c hows the result den:(. So im cancelling my appt with SGH gynae den:( Anybody hv these experienced b4????? I need to c someone else's results as well to keep me goin:(.....

Last edited by a moderator:

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
justforgags said:
She recommended me to c DR Christopher Chen.. I know tis is not goin to be cheap but im prepared.. Im reali feelin dwn now:(.
Sayang ... Chris Chen is one of the top fertility docs in town. His good reputation started down under in Oz back in the late 70s, when he was part of the pioneer team to successfully created a test-tube baby.

Anyways, what I want you to know is this ... he is great but he doesn't come cheap. For example, via a referral from the sinseh, my wifey also had her dermoid cyst in one of her ovaries removed by Chris Chen ... total costs came up to $11k & even after claiming from her insurance, we still had to come up with $4kplus cash.

The reason why the sinseh send you to Chris Chen is becoz she knows he is good in his (surgical) works ... unlike cleaning up or cutting off any other organ in the human body, you need your reproductive parts to be functioning 100% after the surgery. Any gynae can do an ops but not all of them have the hands & the experience to ensure the parts are good as new after the surgery.
For example, my wifey's surgery was done in Feb 06 & she was pregnant by Jun 07 ... not forgetting that she was actually given 1.5 months of MC to recover.

If anybody is thinking of whether the sinseh is collaborating with Chris Chen, then let me assure you that this is definitely not the case, based on 2 of my observations:
1) Chris Chen's clinic in Glenagles is 3 times bigger than the normal gynae clinics in Glenagles ... & the waiting queue is almost endless, with most of his clients being the rich rich folks from other SEA countries.
2) While the sinseh always recommend Chris Chen whenever surgery is deemed necessary, Chris Chen said "yes, she's been recommending me patients but I dunno who she is" ... when we told Chris Chen about the sinseh.

In conclusion, it's all about commitment ... if you are convinced with the sinseh's diagnosis, then I'd suggest you go through with her treatment. As for doing the surgery under Chris Chen, I suggest you go top up on your insurance protections first ... if necessary, get the sinseh to provide a new assessment AFTER the insurance coverage has been improved.
:wink: :wink:

J

justforgags

Sayang ... Chris Chen is one of the top fertility docs in town. His good reputation started down under in Oz back in the late 70s, when he was part of the pioneer team to successfully created a test-tube baby.

Anyways, what I want you to know is this ... he is great but he doesn't come cheap. For example, via a referral from the sinseh, my wifey also had her dermoid cyst in one of her ovaries removed by Chris Chen ... total costs came up to $11k & even after claiming from her insurance, we still had to come up with $4kplus cash.

The reason why the sinseh send you to Chris Chen is becoz she knows he is good in his (surgical) works ... unlike cleaning up or cutting off any other organ in the human body, you need your reproductive parts to be functioning 100% after the surgery. Any gynae can do an ops but not all of them have the hands & the experience to ensure the parts are good as new after the surgery.
For example, my wifey's surgery was done in Feb 06 & she was pregnant by Jun 07 ... not forgetting that she was actually given 1.5 months of MC to recover.

If anybody is thinking of whether the sinseh is collaborating with Chris Chen, then let me assure you that this is definitely not the case, based on 2 of my observations:
1) Chris Chen's clinic in Glenagles is 3 times bigger than the normal gynae clinics in Glenagles ... & the waiting queue is almost endless, with most of his clients being the rich rich folks from other SEA countries.
2) While the sinseh always recommend Chris Chen whenever surgery is deemed necessary, Chris Chen said "yes, she's been recommending me patients but I dunno who she is" ... when we told Chris Chen about the sinseh.

In conclusion, it's all about commitment ... if you are convinced with the sinseh's diagnosis, then I'd suggest you go through with her treatment. As for doing the surgery under Chris Chen, I suggest you go top up on your insurance protections first ... if necessary, get the sinseh to provide a new assessment AFTER the insurance coverage has been improved.

Thx for the encouragement which i needed:) But the sinseh told me nt to go any further first cz she wanna c wat else cn she do for me..

J

justforgags

Wah, i reli cnt stop tinkin bout it.. The pain in my left abdomen area gettin worse.. I wonder wats wrong:(

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
justforgags said:
Thx for the encouragement which i needed:)
See? There's always 2 sides to any given situation ... that's why some people will see it as a glass half full of water, while some other people will see it as a glass half empty of water.
In your case, at least you didn't have to spend lots more money trying IUI, IVF, etc ... before knowing there are other problems inside your body that needs immediate attention first.

justforgags said:
But the sinseh told me nt to go any further first cz she wanna c wat else cn she do for me..
Sure ... ler her be the one you listen to.
Once again, GOOD LUCK!!
:biggrin: :biggrin:

justforgags said:
I feel like a twisted kinda feelin near my ovary area thr..
First of all, dun let the diagnosis affect you ... especially not in your head.
Secondly, where's your hubby? Please dun go through this on your own ... rely on his physical & moral support to tide you through.
:laugh: :laugh:

Last edited:
J

justforgags

See? There's always 2 sides to any given situation ... that's why some people will see it as a glass half full of water, while some other people will see it as a glass half empty of water.
In your case, at least you didn't have to spend lots more money trying IUI, IVF, etc ... before knowing there are other problems inside your body that needs immediate attention first.

Sure ... ler her be the one you listen to.
Once again, GOOD LUCK!!

First of all, dun let the diagnosis affect you ... especially not in your head.
Secondly, where's your hubby? Please dun go through this on your own ... rely on his physical & moral support to tide you through.
:laugh: :laugh:

He's bery supportive but last night he was at wrk so im kinda feelin dwn all alone at home:( But he called me now n den to chk if im ok.. Thx VVB, will update my journey on TCM here;)

J

justforgags

Hi justforgags, how's everything going? Hope u r feeling better aldy...
hi hi, im doin good.. Only tat wen the time is right i dun feel like wrkin hard on it.. Like no mood leh.. My hubby n i went to the TCM recommended by some of u guys here the one in jurong east.. He consumed the medication given promptly n feel the difference wen we :wong24:. He was so curios tat aft njoyin ourselves the sperm doesnt flows out of me which usually does.. But still im not putting hope in it lor aft hearing frm the TCM tat i got a lot of prob *sigh*.. Seeing a gynae soon to officially chk it out.. Hope no bad sign r by my side lor:( if nt im gonna be super duper feelin useless:(

duhduh

hi hi, im doin good.. Only tat wen the time is right i dun feel like wrkin hard on it.. Like no mood leh.. My hubby n i went to the TCM recommended by some of u guys here the one in jurong east.. He consumed the medication given promptly n feel the difference wen we :wong24:. He was so curios tat aft njoyin ourselves the sperm doesnt flows out of me which usually does.. But still im not putting hope in it lor aft hearing frm the TCM tat i got a lot of prob *sigh*.. Seeing a gynae soon to officially chk it out.. Hope no bad sign r by my side lor:( if nt im gonna be super duper feelin useless:(
hi hi, so how long did u wait at the Jur East TCM? When did you go? I havent go leh...coz thinkg of havg to wake up early is a torture.haha

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
marlysha said:
wow jurong east..too far from my place...any nearby TCM ard east area??????
Maybe you are really well enough to conceive but just dunno how.

But if you really have "physical deficiencies" affecting your TTC attempts ... then your unwillingness to even travel shows how much you really want a child.

J

justforgags

Maybe you are really well enough to conceive but just dunno how.

But if you really have "physical deficiencies" affecting your TTC attempts ... then your unwillingness to even travel shows how much you really want a child.

I lived in tampines n im willing to travel all the way thr cz im those curios type of person n always wanna noe things which r interesting n try out. Evntho' im nt chinese but "i do believe people r born with their own extraordinary skills to help fellow human"..*tots of the day*

J

justforgags

hi hi, so how long did u wait at the Jur East TCM? When did you go? I havent go leh...coz thinkg of havg to wake up early is a torture.haha

Ouh, i went 2wks ago on wednesday morn called them at 7am cz i ovrslept n say tat im comin dwn frm tampines and it will take me 45mins thr cz im afraid thr might be congestion cz morning people r all rushin to wrk.. I ask them if thr r still numbers if i come dwn thr n they say yes. So rch thr at 8am n my Q number r called only ard 10+am but while waiting i go n hv my breakfast to kill time.. My hubby finds tat the medication works on him.. He nw doesnt get lethargic easily.. Will update wen i go n c the western doc which is recommended by the physician c wat say the western doc about me n hubby..

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
justforgags said:
I lived in tampines n im willing to travel all the way thr cz im those curios type of person n always wanna noe things which r interesting n try out. Evntho' im nt chinese but "i do believe people r born with their own extraordinary skills to help fellow human"..*tots of the day*
Sayang, that's why I said you are an angel ... :biggrin: :biggrin: