Hong Kong Ocean Park

Gladys

Hi,

We are thinking to go Ocean Park and Disneyland during CNY. Can anyone advise what can we see in the Ocean Park. I have checked the internet but not very sure. The tour agency also cannot elaborate to me. Is it fun at Ocean Park. Thank you

TANZHENZHI

Hi Gladys, i went to HK last yr May and the tour agency told me that Ocean park just started renovation. The tour guide told me inside no fun and not worth the $ so lucky we didn't buy the ticket go in see nothing. ;)

camom

Not too sure if the pandas are still there but they were the main attraction when I went in late 2007.

The rides are the usual, we spent quite alot of time queuing for them.

Gladys

Hi Gladys, i went to HK last your May and the tour agency told me that Ocean park just started renovation. The tour guide told me inside no fun and not worth the $ so lucky we didn't buy the ticket go in see nothing. ;)
Hi Tanzhenzhi,

Thank you for your reply.

My tour agency did not tell me that. The ticket is very exp adult $85 and kid $55 include transfer. That why I am thinking whether is it worth to go Ocean Park. Hope to hear everyone comment.

TANZHENZHI

The Singapore tour agency dunno de when i ask them they also not sure until i reach HK then the local tour guide told me not to go. :001_302:

Phoebii Cheng

Hi,

I went to HK ocean park in March 2007....but I feel that Disneyland is more worthwhile rather than Ocean Park.....

Ocean Park is more of the ride, they hv lower & upper area of attraction, you can start either one, then can ride the cable car

When I went in 2007. part of the lower area is under renovation so nothing much to see, not even the Panda....so I feel it is not worth it

CanCanMum

Ocean Park Hong Kong

the last time i went (donkey years ago) was very FUN

now not sure oso~~~hehehe

of coz Disney land being new and with the Disney logo and branding, it would be more fun den ocean park.

TANZHENZHI

Ocean Park Hong Kong

the last time i went (donkey years ago) was very FUN

now not sure also~~~hehehe

of coz Disney land being new and with the Disney logo and branding, it would be more fun then ocean park.
ya ya agree with Cancanmum :tlaugh: Disneyland more fun but the weather is so hot when i was there no shelter... so rmb to wear a cap or bring umbrella... if not later your head sun burn :Dancing_tongue:

Ottermum

think you can skip Ocean Park...not very fun...now that they've got Disneyland i think you should spend your money there instead...

been to OP few years ago...no DL then so no choice...

the verdict...:nah:

Daddy D

Alpha Male
Me n family going to HK next week... since we're going to Disney, we plan to skip Ocean Park as well... cos' think their rides r similiar...just bigger scale animal shows compared to SG.

Gladys

Me n family going to HK next week... since we're going to Disney, we plan to skip Ocean Park as well... cos' think their rides are similiar...just bigger scale animal shows compared to SG.

Hi ,

How is your trip there? Which hotel do you stay?

We have booked the package tour during CNY . Staying at Largos Hotel & Disneyland Hollywood & 1/2 day city tour. I also skip Ocean Park.

Daddy D

Alpha Male
Hi ,

How is your trip there? Which hotel do you stay?

We have booked the package tour during CNY . Staying at Largos Hotel & Disneyland Hollywood & 1/2 day city tour. I also skip Ocean Park.
HK was great... nice weather... 13-18 degrees... was staying at Prudential Hotel... along Nathan Rd (Jordan MTR)... F&E... less stressful with a kid n elder... took the MTR... pretty convenient with the Octopus card... Disney was great... must stay to watch the fireworks at night... spent 1/2 day there only though cos' over-run in the daytime.... nearby Ngong Ping cable ride was great 2... Giant Buddha...there's a big Mall with many factory outlets @ the last MTR station near the Airport... great for shopping.... but not sure if your tour will go there.
Symphony of Lights was nice... night markets...
Dim sum and the coffee places r interesting... my mum n wife went to check out the wet market too... bought those dried thingy... I end up babysit dd @ Mac... duh...
Miissed the Peak though... 2 tired by the 4th day... haha...

veronica

Actually if you havent been there and if you have time, its worth to visit.

Frankly speaking, the dolphin show is good and my 4yr old son enjoyed alot. Not to forget is the cable car ride. Its a different experience because the cable car moves from the tip to the bottom vv, very fantastic view I should say.

Of course there are some rides Disneyland doesnt have.

Up to individual ba..

Last edited:

Gladys

Actually if you havent been there and if you have time, its worth to visit.

Frankly speaking, the dolphin show is good and my 4yr old son enjoyed alot. Not to forget is the cable car ride. Its a different experience because the cable car moves from the tip to the bottom vv, very fantastic view I should say.

Of course there are some rides Disneyland doesnt have.

Up to individual ..

When do you visit Ocean Park? How long to stay at Ocean Park then enough? This is our first time there. I am thinking to visit Ocean Park but afraid of not enough time as stay for only 3 night. Is the dolphin show same as Sentosa.

Gladys

HK was great... nice weather... 13-18 degrees... was staying at Prudential Hotel... along Nathan Rd (Jordan MTR)... F&E... less stressful with a kid n elder... took the MTR... pretty convenient with the Octopus card... Disney was great... must stay to watch the fireworks at night... spent 1/2 day there only though cos' over-run in the daytime.... nearby Ngong Ping cable ride was great 2... Giant Buddha...there's a big Mall with many factory outlets @ the last MTR station near the Airport... great for shopping.... but not sure if your tour will go there.
Symphony of Lights was nice... night markets...
Dim sum and the coffee places are interesting... my mum n wife went to check out the wet market too... bought those dried thingy... I end up babysit dear daughter @ Mac... duh...
Miissed the Peak though... 2 tired by the 4th day... haha...
The hotel that we stay also near Jordan MRT. Is it a very convenience place ? What is Octopus card? Do you take the Ngong Ping cable. How much is it? Although we take package but 1/2 city tour go to 3 places only. Do you still remember the name of MRT station near Airport? Thank you for so many questions.

Daddy D

Alpha Male
The hotel that we stay also near Jordan MRT. Is it a very convenience place ? What is Octopus card? Do you take the Ngong Ping cable. How much is it? Although we take package but 1/2 city tour go to 3 places only. Do you still remember the name of MRT station near Airport? Thank you for so many questions.
Cool... Largos Hotel is abt 4mins walk from Jordan MTR... lotsa shopping and eating along Nathan Rd... check out Temple Street (night mkt with alot of seafood stalls)... and Bowring street... opp street from Jordan MTR... got nice typical HK eating stalls... nice 牛腩面... and fried fish skin (like crackers)
Check out Google map for the HK locations... very useful...
Google Maps

Octopus card is their MRT card... adult abt HK$100 prepaid value... can refund when u return the card.
I bet your half day city tour is this???
- Repulse Bay / Aberdeen Fishing Village +round trip Ngong Ping Skyrail (Ticket included)
We have this... but gave it a pass... need to gather at 7.30am... cannot wake up kid so early :)

Check this out on the MTR system map and route planner... tells u the time taken/fare in between stations...
MTR > Journey Planner

Actually 1 day cover 3 locations is pretty much "Touch n Go" only... esp if these locations are all over the places...

We end up spent almost 1/2 day at Ngong Ping and the factory outlet shopping mall @ Tung Chung MTR... the cable car view was fantastic... nothing much @ the village... but takes a while to walk to front of the Giant Buddha... from cable n village only can see the back n sideview... and we did not climb up the steps to Giant Buddha... else 1 day liao... haha!
The cable tix not that expensive... so we took the crystal cabin...but abit bullshit also... glass bottomview... nothing much to see under your feet actually.... sea and trees... haha... just for the experience... can opt for one-way normal cabin + return crystal cabin instead.
Ngong Ping 360 Official Website - Suggested Itinerary

We purposely went Disney on Monday... still very crowded... cannot imagine the weekend crowd... so be prepared for the long Qs inside... the unlimited rides are all inclusive of the full day entry tix...

You shld have free transfer to Airport right? Nearest MTR is Airport MTR lorr... :)
Compulsory Hong Kong Side Tipping : HK$50.00 per person also? Payable on the last day.
Remember to exchange small notes at HK Airport... Hotel tipping also pretty norm... give about HK$20...

Still fresh in memory... so can write so much... haha! :)

veronica

hmm...3 nights where got enough :)

one day arrive in HKG, day wasted already
one day in disneyland
one day city tour
last day depart

veronica

Hi,

We are thinking to go Ocean Park and Disneyland during CNY. Can anyone advise what can we see in the Ocean Park. I have checked the internet but not very sure. The tour agency also cannot elaborate to me. Is it fun at Ocean Park. Thank you
One more thing, if you are going during CNY, many shops will be closed especially those smaller ones.

Bigger shopping centres usually will re-open on the 3rd day onwards.

Gladys

Thank you everyone for your reply.

We are back from Hong Kong. It is really cold about 11 degree. We did not prepare enough clothing. Luckily the shopping is open during the CNY eve and we manage to get one each.

We went to Victoria peak , wax museum, star ferry on the first night by group tour. I find that quite exp HKD320 adult & HKD260 kid after touring . It is very windy, foggy and rainy at the Victoria peak and see nothing.

Actually, day 2 we have a free 1/2 day city tour to victoria peak, fishing village and repulse bay but we have decide to go Ocean Park by ourself . We enjoy very much at Ocean Park although it is continuos drizziling. We manage to see the dolphin & seal show and bird show only. My children like to see panda.

Then the next day we go to Disneyland. Disneyland is more cold then the Victoria peak. Although we have bought the clothing but still very cold. That why we did not go the tomorrowland .

My husband like to try their roasted goose and manage to find the shop at Tsim Sha Tsui on the last day.

It is too short for 4 days tour. There are many places like Daddy D mention we did not go. If have a chance again , I would prefer to go by ourself rather than tour. It is easily accessible by MTR.