Hormones

duhduh

Y don't u, babylemon and duhduh go together? I mean one register for all..the other take card no..n inform the rest...sometimes the queue can go up to 1-2hrs...really depends..
So did anyone go? I didnt go...overslept! hahaha.Plus over the holiday, just when I thought my O day is finished, i experienced discharge! duno why...

newbie2009

Yes, confirmed...some need surgery to remove while some need not, once pregnant, don't know y will slowly be gone...

U seems to be in doubts ya? ....ha ha ha...i seen her since jan 2005, my friend...

She recommended mi to Dr Fong, i'm still seeing him first 3 months of my 3 pregnancies to take my hormones medication, after that i change to another gynae for package...

My 1st child was in Gleneagles, v ex.....etc...
2Nd child, lucky the chinese phyisican recommended mi a cheaper one...which i don't mind, after all got bits of experiences liao..it's at sun plaza, he's quite popular too..my current one i also go back to him...felt comfort w this gynae loh..n for all his patients, got special preveliages...hee hee..which i save alot...
Its not that I have doubts about her, just that I read on online, it seems most of the patients that visit her, she will tell that the female has cyst. Hence I was wondering if its indeed true that the woman has cyst.

However according to your experience, you are able to get pregnancy after the removable of the cyst rite???

jaslcare

yes, u r right...most women got it...i think it's v common, same goes to PCOS...There's no doubts, y? Cos she don't just feel your pulse to diagnose u, u will also get u to see a western doc to get a report n go back to her...see, there's report...i mean black n white...

jaslcare

i got pregnant after i went to see her n take her medication n guideline how to see my ovulation...not removal of cyst.....my cyst need not be remove...once pregnant, will be gone...not all cysts, according to her need surgery to remove..

i1babes

yes, u r right...most women got it...i think it's v common, same goes to PCOS...There's no doubts, y? Cos she don't just feel your pulse to diagnose u, u will also get u to see a western doc to get a report n go back to her...see, there's report...i mean black n white...
hi ...after reading ur advice , feel like to go also .. my problem is my mens only last for 2 day for third day i can use pantyliner already , i do consult tcm but they just say my body not enuf "po" need to brew more "po" thingy to drink .... i do but still the same ... i scare it might effet my conceive , i dare not go gynea cos it very ex...... i will go this tcm that u recomment.....
btw any mummies here hv 'Low discharge" ( 2 day )experince??

stonston

i1babes, i read up abt low menstrual flow before. it's due to ur womb lining not thick enough. it could be due to hormones or due to 'malnourishment'.

when i told my mum i TTC, she made me drink 'bai fong wan'. it's good for women to regulate their menstrual cycle n to 'strengthen the womb', which basically means build up the uterus lining.

it's good tt u wanna address this prob before u ttc cos this prob may result in miscarriage or poor implantation of embryo.

gynae maybe exp, but give urself a timeline for seeing TCM also. example u tell urself after 6mths of TCM if no improvement or no news then go see gynae. u can go polyclinic get referral to KKH if cost is realli a factor. at least check out wot's wrong if TCM cant help :D

i1babes

i1babes, i read up abt low menstrual flow before. it's due to ur womb lining not thick enough. it could be due to hormones or due to 'malnourishment'. HI... finaly somebody reply me in this low mens flow issue ...

when i told my mum i TTC, she made me drink 'bai fong wan'. it's good for women to regulate their menstrual cycle n to 'strengthen the womb', which basically means build up the uterus lining...BAi fong yuan is small tiny rounded pill rite ?? .. my mens cycle is gd acculate date , somemore no pain n moody during mens day..only problem is low flow very low..

it's good tt u wanna address this prob before u ttc cos this prob may result in miscarriage or poor implantation of embryo. ..haiz..

gynae maybe exp, but give urself a timeline for seeing TCM also. example u tell urself after 6mths of TCM if no improvement or no news then go see gynae. u can go polyclinic get referral to KKH if cost is realli a factor. at least check out wot's wrong if TCM cant help :D

btw where u come across those acticle about low flow .. pls sent to me also ..tnx ya :)

Lim2528

My mense late due to hormones and Gyne give me medicine to induce mense. Also, he give me clomid for day2 cycle so can TTC on day 14. However, my mum told be that taking western medicine will make our body weak. So, is it possible to take bai fong wan after mense is clear while I'm having western medication during that cycle?

stonston

"During the monthly menstrual cycle, female sex hormones prepare the uterus to support a pregnancy. If pregnancy takes place, menstruation usually does not return until after childbirth. If pregnancy does not occur, the endometrial lining (the lining of the uterus) sheds during menstruation. Menstrual blood and tissues leave the body through the vagina and it usually lasts from three to seven days." from Menstruation - What is Menstruation

"Hormone changes during a woman's menstrual cycle cause the endometrium to change. During the early part of the cycle, before the ovaries release an egg (ovulation), the ovaries produce estrogens. The hormone called estrogen causes the endometrium to thicken so that it could nourish an embryo if pregnancy occurs. If there is no pregnancy, estrogen is produced in lower amounts and more of the hormone called progesterone is made after ovulation. This causes the innermost layer of the lining to prepare to shed. By the end of the cycle, the endometrial lining is shed from the uterus and becomes the menstrual flow (period). This cycle repeats throughout a woman's life until menopause (change of life). " from ACS :: What Is Endometrial Cancer?=

Just some quick quotes on what the lining is and that is the menses that we see, when it sheds if not preggie.

i1babes

tnx for ur infor ;) will try to jurong east tcm when i hv leave . this morning i bought one box "bai fong wan" ...today my mens clear already so i take bai fong wan day n nite .. then b4 my mens come i take also rite ?? ( shop assitance told me to take b4 and after mens come ) ... correct ?? sad to say i never take any "po" b4 ... untill now ( cos after one yrs still cant conceive) ..hope mummies here help me some comment "po" body thingy which i can do at home ..tnx :)

i1babes

YING CHUAN CHINESE MEDICAL HALL. Very popular....charges around $60+ with medication...will also tell you how to test your ovaluation....etc..
hi can u tell me how to get there by MRT .. after alight at jorong east then wat bus shd i take ? TIA

need

maleFemale Hormone Levels
Hormone to Test

Time
to Test
Normal
Values
What Value Means

Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH)
Day 3
3-20 mIU/ml
FSH is often used as a gauge of ovarian reserve. In general, under 6 is excellent, 6-9 is good, 9-10 fair, 10-13 diminished reserve, 13+ very hard to stimulate. In PCOS testing, the LH:FSH ratio may be used in the diagnosis. The ratio is usually close to 1:1, but if the LH is higher, it is one possible indication of PCOS.

Estradiol (E2)
Day 3
25-75 pg/ml
Levels on the lower end tend to be better for stimulating. Abnormally high levels on day 3 may indicate existence of a functional cyst or diminished ovarian reserve.

Estradiol (E2)
Day 4-5 of meds
100+ pg/ml or 2x Day 3
There are no charts showing E2 levels during stimulation since there is a wide variation depending on how many follicles are being produced and their size. Most doctors will consider any increase in E2 a positive sign, but others use a formula of either 100 pg/ml after 4 days of stims, or a doubling in E2 from the level taken on cycle day 3.

Estradiol (E2)
Surge/hCG day
200 + pg/ml
The levels should be 200-600 per mature (18 mm) follicle. These levels are sometimes lower in overweight women.

Luteinizing Hormone (LH)
Day 3
< 7 mIU/ml
A normal LH level is similar to FSH. An LH that is higher than FSH is one indication of PCOS.

Luteinizing Hormone (LH)
Surge Day
> 20 mIU/ml
The LH surge leads to ovulation within 48 hours.

Prolactin
Day 3
< 24 ng/ml
Increased prolactin levels can interfere with ovulation. They may also indicate further testing (MRI) should be done to check for a pituitary tumor. Some women with PCOS also have hyperprolactinemia.

Progesterone (P4)
Day 3
< 1.5 ng/ml
Often called the follicular phase level. An elevated level may indicate a lower pregnancy rate.

Progesterone (P4)
7 dpo
> 15 ng/ml
A progesterone test is done to confirm ovulation. When a follicle releases its egg, it becomes what is called a corpus luteum and produces progesterone. A level over 5 probably indicates some form of ovulation, but most doctors want to see a level over 10 on a natural cycle, and a level over 15 on a medicated cycle. There is no mid-luteal level that predicts pregnancy. Some say the test may be more accurate if done first thing in the morning after fasting.

Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH)
Day 3
.4-4 uIU/ml
Mid-range normal in most labs is about 1.7. A high level of TSH combined with a low or normal T4 level generally indicates hypothyroidism, which can have an effect on fertility.

Free Triiodothyronine (T3)
Day 3
1.4-4.4 pg/ml
Sometimes the diseased thyroid gland will start producing very high levels of T3 but still produce normal levels of T4. Therefore measurement of both hormones provides an even more accurate evaluation of thyroid function.

Free Thyroxine (T4)
Day 3
.8-2 ng/dl
A low level may indicate a diseased thyroid gland or may indicate a non- functioning pituitary gland which is not stimulating the thyroid to produce T4. If the T4 is low and the TSH is normal, that is more likely to indicate a problem with the pituitary.

Total Testosterone
Day 3
6-86 ng/dl
Testosterone is secreted from the adrenal gland and the ovaries. Most would consider a level above 50 to be somewhat elevated.

Free Testosterone
Day 3
.7-3.6 pg/ml

Dehydroepiandrosterone Sulfate (DHEAS)
Day 3
35-430 ug/dl
An elevated DHEAS level may be improved through use of dexamethasone, prednisone, or insulin-sensiting medications.

Androstenedione
Day 3
.7-3.1 ng/ml

Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG)
Day 3
18-114 nmol/l
Increased androgen production often leads to lower SHBG

17 Hydroxyprogesterone
Day 3
20-100 ng/dl
Mid-cycle peak would be 100-250 ng/dl, luteal phase 100-500 ng/dl

Fasting Insulin
8-16 hours fasting
< 30 mIU/ml
The normal range here doesn't give all the information. A fasting insulin of 10-13 generally indicates some insulin resistance, and levels above 13 indicate greater insulin resistance.
Hormone Levels

Last edited: