Horrible Countenance in MRT

aries80

I would like to share with you about my horrible countenance in the MRT yesterday….I am now into my 8th month pregnancy and I looked significantly pregnant. I felt saddened when I took a train with my colleague with no one giving up their seats when I was just standing right in front of a china lady in her proper executive attire who occupied a priority seat. Even more shockingly, she simply refused and ignored my colleague when she helped to ask for the lady to give up her seat to me. Further, my colleague did emphasize to her gently that it is a priority seat and should give up to those in needs. Sadly, she just simply ignored with nary a consideration. She did not even bother or feel shameful despite our constant requests... (I have captured her photo, please tell me how to upload, see how pretentious she is)

Next, another woman who was sitting next to the china lady and she saw the entire incident. She looked at the china lady strangely at first and I thought she would offer her seat to me, but she was doing the same by simply ignoring us and thereafter went into her BEAUTY sleep. I was really amazed that people of today are just so uncivil minded. All this hype over normal or priority seats is merely a reflection of people's attitude towards inconsiderate, terrible and self-centered behaviour. It is beyond my furthest comprehension as to why it is so difficult for these people to simply offer their seats, especially those that occupying the seat with the OBVIOUS LABEL "PRIORTIY SEAT"?

This clearly shows that no matter how high one's qualification in life may be, if that one does not have the decency to acknowledge another person's need(s), then it is totally useless and these are clearly evident in the MRT scenario. What should the SMRT do to ensure incalcute responsibility for graciousness and safety while taking public transport? Pregnant women require to cope with such situation for a few months, what about elderly?

Queenbabe

Another MRT topic again , recently there is a topic abt never give up seat to pregnant lady here & also took pic of the pic of that person that never give up the seat

aries80

Another MRT topic again , recently there is a topic abt never give up seat to pregnant lady here & also took pic of the pic of that person that never give up the seat

You mean you were the person who encountered the same things as me? I have also taken her picture..

rainypink

MU hahH AhHAhhHAhha, repeatance.

aiya.. what to do, u ask liao people dont give you, there is nothing u can do hor.
if u post her photo, she sue you then u know ah!

its liddat one lah, even if you faint and vomit blood and going to die, and people just watch you die off without helping, it is not wrong "in the eyes of law" ok?
:err:

helping to alot of people is just an extra act done if you want to, being considerate is a choice nowadays.
No longer a neccesary character for a human being.
get it?

Last edited:

arabjunior

i know what u mean... i hav encountered this matter before. Amazingly, sometime last year i heard in a radio station having the topic of giving up seats as a discussion...

One of the radio dj actually voiced out that every one has a right to their seats in the MRT. She would not give up her seat just because someone is old or preg. She emphasized that nowadays people are strong so they can actually have the strength to stand. She claims old people are also strong so no need to give up any seats to them unless they really look soo thin n feeble.

Well, now u know what some people in this country feel. Our own radio dj who was being broadcasted nationally saying that to all. So now, preggies and elderly do not expect to get a seat unless a kindred spirit out there is willing to give up or tell someone off for u. Plus juz treat it as an exercise to ease ur labour. It works!!

Last edited:

Catty

What to do? Nowadays human all don't have intiative and courtesy already..

Human behaviour really can be changed by the environment, i still remember 9 yrs ago when i'm pregnant with my 1st DD i'm only 18 yrs old, no matter is MRT or bus i took, there's "ALWAYS" have kind-hearted and initiative people to give up their seats to me but nowadays everything has changed sometimes i still find that why nowadays adults behave like small kids, expect people to approach them than they will give up seats to the needy..

As for me now in my 6 mths pregnant, i have given up hope to human beings in this society, no point in posting their picture in web all this as there's a saying "A theif will definately won't admit that he's a theif" so i believe no one would admit they have fault or what they did is wrong, just forgive and forget...

CanCanMum

hi aries80,

ermm.....beta dun upload again...lols

later got newbies registering to comment again....there was a hot topic juz a few days ago leh~hahahhahaha

let off steam can liao lo....wad to do?

Queenbabe

Cancanmum go 'arcade' until very late hehehe, ya let off steam can le. If not here flooded again.

M&M

ya... dun upload the picture. just tok to your friends or your hubby. tok it out so that you will feel better but dun do it on the forum.

who is that DJ who said that?! that's very irresponsible of him/her!

aIDa81

Hi Mummies and Aries,

You guys are not alone, Im now on my 34th wks me too have never been offer a seat. So whenever I board a bus/train i never exepect anyone to give up their seat. Why not we start a petition for them to take action.. Anyone good in creating a website or contribute ideas etc? Pls do help, then the rest of the mummies will help to support and promote. SMRT shd really do something abt this. They seems to ignore abt this issue despite ppl posting a lot of stories in stomp/forums etc.Can say Singaporeans r very democratic society but gracious hmmm maybe say 1 in a thousand .. Ladies r worst than men as if all of them never got pregnant as to not understand how it feels. :shyxxx:

wenz

omg not the MRT thingy again???
i think its ok to complain abit but not to take pic of others so better dun upload it...

i mean for myself i already given up the idea ppl have to give up seat to preg lady but rather treat it as a variable bonus... if ppl give up seat to me i'll be more then happy like got variable bonus like tat.. if not den nvm forget it... their turn will come...
If i really unwell i'll either alight and take a break before boarding the next train (hoping for better luck if ppl give me seat).. of i'll just get down and get a cab home...

so dun be upset abt this as everyone encounter this before... take it easy...

Catty

Hi Mummies and Aries,

You guys are not alone, Im now on my 34th wks me too have never been offer a seat. So whenever I board a bus/train i never exepect anyone to give up their seat. Why not we start a petition for them to take action.. Anyone good in creating a website or contribute ideas etc? Pls do help, then the rest of the mummies will help to support and promote. SMRT shd really do something abt this. They seems to ignore abt this issue despite ppl posting a lot of stories in stomp/forums etc.Can say Singaporeans r very democratic society but gracious hmmm maybe say 1 in a thousand .. Ladies r worst than men as if all of them never got pregnant as to not understand how it feels. :shyxxx:
Don't think SMRT will do anything about it, garmen is always like this, nothing happen they will keep quiet but when there's thing happen THAN they will do something to it.. Hope there's no unfortunate mummy will met accident in mrt/bus.. Pray hard all mummies and unborn baby will be safe and sound..

What to do? This is a typical S'pore with typical garmen that why have so many inconsiderate human.. :nah:

MsKoh1973

Lucky I stay town area, next round i pregnant, I m going to take taxi to and fro wk everyday. Will tabao to cut cost..........

rainypink

people dont understand that is double dangerous for pregnant or elderlies or children when such emergency thing happen.
If there is a sudden stop, we will tend to fall easily than those who are younger or not pregnant.
pregnant mummies, even when you say you dont need the seat, that is your say, but please do think about the inocent baby living inside you and does not have choice to tell you that is it definitely better if my mummy were to sit down and protect me.
Because if anything happen, it will be too late to feel sorry.
elderly obviously cant afford to fall, bones will crack and stuffs, children so small, what if kenna trumpled upon??

Last edited:

pkshl

yesterday i encountered an unpleasant situation with this pregnant lady & her friend in a crowded bus. lucky for me, when i boarded the bus, i found a seat but when the bus came to this particular bus stop, theres alot of people boarding this bus. so when this pregnant lady & her frd came up, bus already very pack. & this is the 2nd time i saw them, 1st time i saw them, they also stand next to me & made nasty comments. so this time round, they also so 'qiao' stand nxt to my seat. it was only when someone alighted, this pregnant lady wanted to sit & this man wanted to snatch seat from her. den her frd say' aiyo cannot c pregnant woman meh?' & this pregnant lady say very loudly'alot of people got no eyes to c pregnant woman!' in a very angry tone.

actually i was quite shocked to c such incidents happened.this pregnant women wanted a seat, can ask nicely, dun make such comments..what is she trying to prove? no wonder some people said things like so what if she's pregnant?

sorry if my post offended some pregnant mums here. no offence.

CanCanMum

guess they got too angry having to wait and stand in public transports....u noe....mood swings....canx be helped....but no point....singapore is still far from being a gracious society...let alone giving up seats graciously or looking out for the needy.....i can only say a minority of pple are indeed gracious...still a whole lot arent. Like appreciation of ART? Design? Abstract arts? These are good ways to train up graciousness, 1st.