Horrible Countenance in MRT

jojoki

in general i think a lot off older woman those ah sum (50 plus) they cant be bothered to queue or stand behind yellow line... n they like stand right in front of the glass door without letting ppl alight first n to me these ppl irritates me more than those ppl who dun give up priority seats.. actually honestly i'm dun get work up over ppl who dun give up seats but ppl who dun queue, dun allow ppl to alight first, lean their hole body on the holding pole when the train is super crammed, or snatches seats... these are the ppl that i really cannot stand!!!

pkshl

in general i think a lot off older woman those ah sum (50 plus) they cant be bothered to queue or stand behind yellow line... n they like stand right in front of the glass door without letting ppl alight first n to me these ppl irritates me more than those ppl who dun give up priority seats.. actually honestly i'm dun get work up over ppl who dun give up seats but ppl who dun queue, dun allow ppl to alight first, lean their hole body on the holding pole when the train is super crammed, or snatches seats... these are the ppl that i really cannot stand!!!
ive to agree with u on this. these are also ppl i dislike. & not surprising, i noticed most china aunties are like tat.

aries80

just rant a bit here.... i was at novena waiting fr train today n i waited near the door behind the yellow line...n as the train approach... this 50 year old woman.. just barged right in front of the door almost like sticking her nose on the glass door and stormed in when the door open by inches... without letting anyone alight first... nvmd the train was full so i went in... as usual no one give up their seat.. nvmd... i was alighting at bishan anyway... n just as on the next stop this lady in front of me stood up to alight... that woman as quick as lightning zoom pass me n plonk her ass down!! I really cannot believe it man!!!
I guess you need to ask her "do you mind" in future if you encounter the same again. We have no rights to take action against them for not offering thier seats to you, but we have rights to tell them off if thier action is endangering both your baby and yourself. What if you fall down because of the squeezing aunty?

Meidii

i thought i was alone in this kind of predicament..mrt commuters here are so bloody inconsiderate really..sorry for that but out of 10 passengers only 3 have offered their seat to me...mind you those who offered was not even in the priority seats and most of them were women...haiz...i tried standing in front of the priority seats several times but to no avail...they looked at me af if cursing me that I got myself preggy so why would they care since we're all paying the same fare...and so, I since gave up and juz be kiasu like them and chase for empty seats...what for i wait for someone to offer me a seat...hahaha!!!

but you know, my trip to china last month made me realize that the people there were even more considerate..they offered seats for the elderly and for those with children...not sure about the preggy ones since im the only one around..hahaha..preggies were not a common sight i guess...no wonder i was being stared at..hahaha..:shyxxx:

Meidii

oh ya! i wanna share one incident during my 3rd month..i was having terrible morning sickness during that time some more...and so I took the train with my hubby from yishun to lavender, unfortunately, it was the peak hour so no choice we had to squeeze through the crowd..worse still, people kept bumping into me adding up to my uncomfy situation..by the time we reached toa payoh i felt dizzy and my sight grew blurry...i felt suffocated and was having cold sweat..yet, I was still being ignored..i asked my hubby to hand my burp bag (the ones you get in the planes, yeah that's it) juz in case cuz i didnt want to mess up inside the train...oh but i coudn't control it anymore so i vomited, i didnt care anymore if it stinked but i felt more awful ok..wah! my hubby told me everyone nearby juz stared discontentedly at me..my fault meh?! so nwae, we dropped off at toa payoh so i could wash up..huhuhuhu..embarrassing it may be but given that situation i think i did my best not to mess up and be an inconvenience to the rest of the passengers...

Last edited:

January84

yes.... I remembered my tummy being stared as a beer belly than a baby in me...
so I changed to take a bus fro the int and sit from start to workplace at CTH for MY DS...

PPL nowadays lack consideration, and they will not offered seats to preggies cos they think that it wad not them who make us preggy.

unless we are bold enough to ask ppl to give up seats if not just have to suffer in silence...

yan2

How i wish the SMRT & SBS will state that the Priority Seat is for only children, old people, pregnant ladies and also have a FINE (maybe $1000) in train or bus.

CanCanMum

feeling angry rite? All these nonsense.....lols

but but but.....we cannot impose fine on gestures based on moral and kindness.....like tat it becomes meaningless oredi~

same applies to fillial piety~

all these have to be from the heart and not becoz its a regulation....

yvet23

Ya... this happen to me too.... i was with my mum in a crowded mrt.... actually i didnt expect for anyone to give up seat for me as this is not the 1st time anyone 'can see me'. So i just stand ard talking to my mum.... i was in my 8th month... so very obvious that i am preggy. Then when it rch one of the station somerset, an old uncle sitting on the prioty seat stood up as he was alighting, he then signal to me to take his seat... and when i was abt to thank him but i am dropping off the next station, a china man who was initially standing in front of me (obviously he knew i am pregnant) quickly take up that seat.... i was like........ damn..... what an inconsiderate person.... my mum was also shocked. She says if we are not getting down the next station, she would approach that guy.... saying that uncle offer the seat to me, he shdnt just act this way..... haiz.... what to do..... i feel that the morale of pple is gtting worse.... culture, habits and education plays a part....:embarrassed:

MizfitMumma

I would like to share with you about my horrible countenance in the MRT yesterday….I am now into my 8th month pregnancy and I looked significantly pregnant. I felt saddened when I took a train with my colleague with no one giving up their seats when I was just standing right in front of a china lady in her proper executive attire who occupied a priority seat. Even more shockingly, she simply refused and ignored my colleague when she helped to ask for the lady to give up her seat to me. Further, my colleague did emphasize to her gently that it is a priority seat and should give up to those in needs. Sadly, she just simply ignored with nary a consideration. She did not even bother or feel shameful despite our constant requests... (I have captured her photo, please tell me how to upload, see how pretentious she is)

Next, another woman who was sitting next to the china lady and she saw the entire incident. She looked at the china lady strangely at first and I thought she would offer her seat to me, but she was doing the same by simply ignoring us and thereafter went into her BEAUTY sleep. I was really amazed that people of today are just so uncivil minded. All this hype over normal or priority seats is merely a reflection of people's attitude towards inconsiderate, terrible and self-centered behaviour. It is beyond my furthest comprehension as to why it is so difficult for these people to simply offer their seats, especially those that occupying the seat with the OBVIOUS LABEL "PRIORTIY SEAT"?

This clearly shows that no matter how high one's qualification in life may be, if that one does not have the decency to acknowledge another person's need(s), then it is totally useless and these are clearly evident in the MRT scenario. What should the SMRT do to ensure incalcute responsibility for graciousness and safety while taking public transport? Pregnant women require to cope with such situation for a few months, what about elderly?
Tell me about it. This is not the first time we heard such stories. Me myself experience the same thing. People nowadays juz dun bother. We preggies juz have to take care of ourselves when in buses or trains. Y'day, there's this lady who was rushing to get the bus. She knew wus I cuming her way but she ran lyk the bus cum once a year!! She ran into me & hit my tummy. It really hurt!! She didnt even say sorry or bother to turn around after banging into me. There's nuthing I can do too but juz bear with the pain. Luckily baby is alrite...

Last edited:

lisa_ng

not to talk about priorty seats even those standing railings for ppl to hold.
some are so inconsiderate to lean against those railing, causing ppl can't even hold to support or balance themselves.

i brought my 22mos daughter out recently and was taking mrt during peak hours.
the train was so crowded, no seats so have to balanced ourselves by holding to the railings but some are so inconsiderate to lean against the railings. was so stress then to keep holding my daughter preventing her from moving around since it's so crowded worried she might step on ppl or ppl might step on her when i myself having probs balancing when the train moves.

i hardly bring my daughter on my own if need to travel far and on public transport. just this once and i thought i might not want to do this again.
was a bad experience.

yan2

Once i was standing carrying my dd right infront of the priority seat, this lady didn't give up her seat. So i distrubed the lady, haha. When the train moved, my whole body moved, like unbalance. My dd's legs hit the lady's leg and still she didn't give up the seat. :(

Other incidents i didn't like is people rushed into the train, didn't allow you to alight first. I dun care, i will push them off or scolded them loudly.

wow...i doing all these bad things. haha

CanCanMum

my sentimentals exactly!

i always let out "tsk tsk" sounds to those lazy bums leaning against the railings....or i will juz HOLD onto the railing and touching their backs....hahhaha if they feel fine den juz continue lor....lols....

pkshl

my hubby & i were in the train yesterday. i was sitting on the priorty seat & hubby standing in front of me. as usual train was very packed. then this middle-age woman told me to give up my seat for an eldery man. so my hubby told her loudly"my wife is pregnant". den she apologise & said she didn't noticed that i was pregnant. endup she went over the priorty seat opposite me & told a student to give up her seat. well, guess there are some ppl who r helpful.

sometimes come to tink abt it, quite funny. i wasnt being offered a seat in mrt, but i was asked to give up my seat instead.

ladies, what if u r pregnant & someone asked u to give up yr seat for another pregnant woman or eldery ppl, will u do that?

ping26

Hi ladies

I'm sorry to hear abt yr bad experiences. Hope you meet some good souls soon.

There are some good Singaporean souls - students, old folks & working crowd. I've taken MRT abt 20+ times since Jan. So far, people have always given up seats & even places in toilet queue without me having to ask.

I always make sure I return their good deeds with a beaming grateful smile so that they will be encouraged to continue doing so. :001_302:

Having said that, I don't take MRT that often as my hubby usu drives me to work. There were only 2 or 3 incidences that I didn't get a seat - two were foreigners - China & Indian. I think it's not in their culture to give up seats as buses back in their home countries are literally packed like sardines tins.

I avoid buses cos bumpy rides make holding urine very challenging.

aliana

There are some nice souls out there who would give up their seat but honestly you could actually count them with your fingers. Very sad! Everytime i board the train and saw a healthy able bodied person sitting @ the priority seat, i would stare @ them and compare with the pictures on their head. Which picture do they actually belong to..... Most of the time they fits the HANDICAPPED picture!!!!!

I once told off a lady for pushing me to board the train while there still people alighting from the train. Hah! She got the cheek to tell me that somebody is pushing her too! Monkey Do Monkey Follow????!!!!

Haizzzzzzzzzz......

aries80

my hubby & i were in the train yesterday. i was sitting on the priorty seat & hubby standing in front of me. as usual train was very packed. then this middle-age woman told me to give up my seat for an eldery man. so my hubby told her loudly"my wife is pregnant". den she apologise & said she didn't noticed that i was pregnant. endup she went over the priorty seat opposite me & told a student to give up her seat. well, guess there are some ppl who r helpful.

sometimes come to tink abt it, quite funny. i wasnt being offered a seat in mrt, but i was asked to give up my seat instead.

ladies, what if u r pregnant & someone asked u to give up yr seat for another pregnant woman or eldery ppl, will u do that?
I wont give up seat to a pregnant lady or elderly if I am also pregnant (in the later stage where it is really heavy and tired for me to carry the load) and I will explain to them nicely. Further, those commuters around me should morally obliged to give up thier seats for a pregnant lasy or elderly.

Spiralng

A word of fairness....ehhh...i am consider very lucky. Throughout my pregnancy stage, most of the time when i board a crowded bus or MRT, most people will give up their seat to me...every since the time that I am 4months pregnant(maybe I got the damed tired face...hee..hee...)

My only problem now is that I am 38weeks pregnant and when I am sitting on the inside seat of the bus and I wan to alight, some ladies thought my tummy is super flexible and they expect me to squeeze through them(even though my tummy is bigger than the space given.....) as expected, they only stand up to let me pass after i accidently squash them with my butt??!! Honestly, I did not do it on purpose but I am still grateful for all those people who willingly give up their seats to me.

aries80

A word of fairness....ehhh...i am consider very lucky. Throughout my pregnancy stage, most of the time when i board a crowded bus or MRT, most people will give up their seat to me...every since the time that I am 4months pregnant(maybe I got the damed tired face...hee..hee...)

My only problem now is that I am 38weeks pregnant and when I am sitting on the inside seat of the bus and I wan to alight, some ladies thought my tummy is super flexible and they expect me to squeeze through them(even though my tummy is bigger than the space given.....) as expected, they only stand up to let me pass after i accidently squash them with my butt??!! Honestly, I did not do it on purpose but I am still grateful for all those people who willingly give up their seats to me.

these people thought that your big tummy is made of rubber... hahahah!

Daddy D

Alpha Male
Hey! U shld sign up for the courtesy campaign thingy.... saw it in some post here.... looking for preg mum... shoot abt giving up seats in MRT n bus! haha!
$1000 for 4 hr job :)

But hor... I think u won't want to sit in MRT or bus after this... 4 HRS! HAHA! :p