Horrible Countenance in MRT

pkshl

A word of fairness....ehhh...i am consider very lucky. Throughout my pregnancy stage, most of the time when i board a crowded bus or MRT, most people will give up their seat to me...every since the time that I am 4months pregnant(maybe I got the damed tired face...hee..hee...)

My only problem now is that I am 38weeks pregnant and when I am sitting on the inside seat of the bus and I wan to alight, some ladies thought my tummy is super flexible and they expect me to squeeze through them(even though my tummy is bigger than the space given.....) as expected, they only stand up to let me pass after i accidently squash them with my butt??!! Honestly, I did not do it on purpose but I am still grateful for all those people who willingly give up their seats to me.
haha, me too! i simply dun care even if i squash them with my butt, especially those aunties, so lazy to even stand up to let me out of my seat. at least some men are better, they will stand up. but sometimes bus too packed, i dare not squeeze with ppl, must protect my tummy!

when i am on the "inner side" of the bus seats, and i find that i dont hve space to get out, i actually stand still until the person understands...

once ,the person was stubborn , so i asked "would you mind standing? else i might bump into u."

and the person was rather embarrassed...so i actually said a much appreciative thank u to make her realise that i am not putting her to shame, but i really needed that space.

even before i was preg, i found it difficult to get out ....cos i am fat mah! so its been something that i am used to doing. if they not happy, too bad lor...i mean, do they rather smell my butt?
hahhaha

as for the giving up of seats, i find it rather sad that it has been the elders that want me to sit down. i insist that they sit. i can still manage.
lucky me, i have been able to find seats on trains/buses, and most of the time, my hubby will drive.

i think it is really "inconvenient"...but imagine what our moms had to go through when they were preg....no trains, only take buses from one points to another...and i think the people were even more b@St@*ds back then right?

so no choice lor, we have chosen to be mothers...must tell our children, appreciate us !
hahahha

elmo493

When I was at my third trimester of pregnant, I gave up my seat to an old man because he seem to be very weak and it is very crowded in the morning peak hour train.

The old man took the seat with a big thanks but when he realise that I was not alighting the train but standing near the door after a few station, he
called me to take his seat.

I thought he is alighting but no. Ended up, both of us alighting at the same station at Tanjong Pargar. Can you imagine the 2 of us taking turn to have the seat from woodland to tanjong pagar.

Spiralng

when i am on the "inner side" of the bus seats, and i find that i dont hve space to get out, i actually stand still until the person understands...

once ,the person was stubborn , so i asked "would you mind standing? else i might bump into u."

and the person was rather embarrassed...so i actually said a much appreciative thank u to make her realise that i am not putting her to shame, but i really needed that space.

even before i was preg, i found it difficult to get out ....cos i am fat mah! so its been something that i am used to doing. if they not happy, too bad lor...i mean, do they rather smell my butt?
hahhaha

as for the giving up of seats, i find it rather sad that it has been the elders that want me to sit down. i insist that they sit. i can still manage.
lucky me, i have been able to find seats on trains/buses, and most of the time, my hubby will drive.

i think it is really "inconvenient"...but imagine what our moms had to go through when they were preg....no trains, only take buses from one points to another...and i think the people were even more b@St@*ds back then right?

so no choice lor, we have chosen to be mothers...must tell our children, appreciate us !
hahahha
Before I alight, I was used my sweetest smile and tell them excuse me leh....then i stand patiently to wait for them to let me pass. But it never works, they still shift to one side that's why hv no choice got to squash them with my butt otherwise, the bus door will close.....there so it's either i squash them or i can't get down...hee...hee....the squashing works......

Spiralng

haha, me too! i simply dun care even if i squash them with my butt, especially those aunties, so lazy to even stand up to let me out of my seat. at least some men are better, they will stand up. but sometimes bus too packed, i dare not squeeze with ppl, must protect my tummy!

True lor but in my cases, it's young slim ladies leh.....they thought i super skinny lor....

Spiralng

these people thought that your big tummy is made of rubber... hahahah!
hee hee i am also wondering about the same thing myself. That's why i hold it in front of them to make sure they know that it's tough and solid...

stonston

i hardly took public transport when i was preggie cos work plce very near home.
but i did take public transport when i went out to meet my frens. i nvr expected ppl to give up their seats cos my tummy not obvious in the first place. but there are ppl who will give up their seats and walk over to me to tell me to hv a seat. so far those i've seen giving up seats are NS men, very old ladies and some young mummies (they make their kids sit on their laps instead of taking a seat).

there are nice ppl out there, jus tink abt those nice ones and tink abt how we can on our part educate our own children so tt they grow up with right values. dun go tink abt those ppl who dun give up seats. nxt time when they r preggie or old they will noe the feeling.

CJmom

And to add to the ungraciousness of pple, when the bus finally arrives, they all cheong to be the first one up the bus, totally ignoring my superduper big buldge. How to fight with them? Got to be almost the last few to get on the bus. By then no seats liao and have to look sympathetic and hope someone will give up seat.

BbpHir3

i have lots to share!!
sometimes it depends on hu u wif.. usually when i wib my DH only, i'll sit his bike go out.. abit dangerous lahz.. cuz sports bike mahz.. when i in my last stage of bulging tummy, we bo bian haf to take public transport.. cuz the older gen tsk-tsk-ing.. mayb cuz of DH's typical 24yo ah beng de buay song face, i usually get a seat immediately... when i with my MIL, i usually get a seat oso.. cuz being a kiasu grandparent, she try to "chop" place for mi.. my MIL not very old lahz she only 49 this year.. but she got weak knees.. so i always let her sit, but u noe lahz.. old ppl treat grandchildren very good de.. so she'll force mi sit, else i l8r fall down or wat she cannot ans to others mahz.. when i wib my SIL lehz (esp in the first stage, when tummy not visible yet), i dun get a seat.. cuz 1. we look lyk a couple of sec/poly student, so dun need seats.. 2. we always talk n talk n talk.. even if ppl wan let us seat, they will think "ppl talking.. very rude to interrupt.." hahaha... so we work out plans for diff scenario..
Scenario 1: no seats..
Wat we'll do: option 1: talk to tummy loudly.. "Baby arhz.. c all this inconsiderate de singaporeans.. mummy so "proud" to be singaporean.. u oso gonna b a singaporean.. sad to say that.." works bout 60%.. cuz not every1 will listen, or rather, every1 pretend to not hear that..
option 2: talk to whoever that's with you/thru the phone loudly.. "You noe hor.. tat day huhz.. i saw this old man horz, he taking walking stick lehz.. den horz he give up his seat for me lehz!! den got 1 student sit beside him mahz.. den the student horz pretend that he listening to music/ playing game/ slpin lehz.. so sad lohz.. i think their lao bu/ school teach them to become mediacorp artiste.." usually every1 will stare at the students.. hahaha...
Scenario 2: when no railings to hold..
Wat to do: Option 1: ask per above.
Option 2: purposely hold the railings that the person lean on.. den use knuckle/ finger to poke the persons lower back.. after a few pokes, the person will auto go away.. sometimes when the person stare at u.. stare back.. the person cannot do anything de.. + ppl very coward de.. wun do anything de..can use same method to help others.. quite fun actually... lol
Scenario 3: Boarding
option 1: wait until every1 board le, den use back to squeeze in.. every1 will start going tsk tsk tsk.. den sae.. "cannot see i pregnant arhz (abit "ba" lahz).. tsk wat?! juz now dun wan let mi in.. den now wan to complain.. no wonder every1 sae singaporeans lyk to complain.." they'll shut up n try to let u thru..
option 2: pretend to play game or sms.. as long as vision not on the ppl can le.. den sae.. "EXCUSE ME!! sorry huhz!! 'scuse horz!!" juz keep walking, n dun look at them..
Scenario 4: Alighting with tummy/ pram
if baby slpin.. best to open pram..(only when using train)
option 1: say "excuse me" very loudly.. works bout 90%.. every1 will "kai lu" for you..
option 2: when using the SMRT (got ppl drive de).. say loudly.. "dun squeeze lei!! the door is ppl ctrl de, dun need scared u kena trap between door lahz.. if kena trap den kena injured, u can go claim from the SMRT mahz!! scared wat?!"
Scenario 5: TRAIN: ppl stuck at entrance/ exit n got space in the middle..
juz sae to thin air.. "Mr. Elephant.. Y u stand in the middle huhz? see lahz.. every1 cannot move in liaoz.." or "Aei!! i got c wrongly anot?! the middle there got ghost lehz!! every1 dun dare to move there, but still dare to board d train siaz!! wa sia!! brave lehz!!"

hahahahaha.. aboved try b4 de.. actually use verbal de "shooting" still works de best.. can try mahz.. cuz talking not against the law..

isabellesng

Dear All
is like that i have conplain to SMRT & SBS also we pregnant women everytime no seat.
me now pregnant 32week also same some time need to stand or old ppl gv up seat to us feel so bad need a old ppl gv seat not the young ppl.

ger-mummy

Most of the time i got a seat either from man, 30++ aunty or foreigner lady. So weird the youngster so easily tired & must sit down.. haha... i hate those kiasu type, mostly are china aunty In/Out also wan to be the 1st one as if got price to win likdat... Whenever with my hubby, he will talk to my tummy den ppl c le will giv up seat. ( at first, i find him siao but after that i dun mind)

isabellesng

Most of the time i got a seat either from man, 30++ aunty or foreigner lady. So weird the youngster so easily tired & must sit down.. haha... i hate those kiasu type, mostly are china aunty In/Out also wan to be the 1st one as if got price to win likdat... Whenever with my hubby, he will talk to my tummy den ppl c le will giv up seat. ( at first, i find him siao but after that i dun mind)

is like that wan, mor all sleeping king n queen, evening all kiasu ppl, some time i just let them set n just stand infront of them lol but others gv up seat la, c they pai sia anot.

CJmom

we should learn from japan where they make it compulsory that these seats are meant for the elderly, preggies or those with children!

huhsimi

Alpha Male
Pls do not upload any pic of the person you took on the forum due to the fact we alrdy have a saga earlier on which is similiar case as urs. So for now i will advise ya dont upload the pic ~

http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f36/priority-seat-rude-inconsiderate-woman-please-help-pass-message-9878/

Hi All,

Not sure if you have seen or heard the story of the "rude" women of the above link thread.

I happened to come across her side of the story on STOMP
Singapore Seen

Just like to say that not all the passengers are bad person when they dun give up their seats. Everyone paid for a ticket and its a personal upbringing that decides ones action.

Apart from these, not all pregnant women are saints as well as I've seen "ugly" pregnant women.

Just my 2 cents.

pinkwipes

No seat also no choice ma.
Graciousness needs to come from the heart.

I'm 32 weeks pregnant, yet I never get offered seats either.
LOL.

bellerichez

Once i was standing carrying my dear daughter right infront of the priority seat, this lady didn't give up her seat. So i distrubed the lady, haha. When the train moved, my whole body moved, like unbalance. My dear daughter's legs hit the lady's leg and still she didn't give up the seat. :(

Other incidents i didn't like is people rushed into the train, didn't allow you to alight first. I dont care, i will push them off or scolded them loudly.

wow...i doing all these bad things. haha

Haha. Same same. I also always do this. Once i took mrt back from town then a few teenagers boy was sitting and dont let me sit. nvm when one guy alight the rest shifted then i waited so long in the end no seat at all so i was very angry with them. So i purposely step on two of the teenager legs then they stared at me and i stared back at them.

-jOanna

I've never took MRT / Buses to work after I know about my pregnancy.. Cuz even I go out with my husband, nobody would give up seats in the MRT / Buses before.. My hubby wanna go over and ask for a seat but I shy and stopped him .. :/

I ever stood from station Lakeside to Bugis and when people stood up and alight, another soul would just rush to the place.. and my hubby told me "you go try be like them, rush to seat ." i gave him a -.- face..

There is 1 incident when an old lady wanna give up her seat to me (not priority seat) but I find it a bit contradicting.. If I sit down, I feel guilty cuz I've always give up seat to people who needs it.. So I rejected her.. People around me just see see then go back to sleep! HAHA!

I seriously don't understand those office people.. you go office can sit all you can liao, why can't you stand for a moment? and they are still young somemore :\

bellerichez

I've never took MRT / Buses to work after I know about my pregnancy.. Cuz even I go out with my husband, nobody would give up seats in the MRT / Buses before.. My hubby wanna go over and ask for a seat but I shy and stopped him .. :/

I ever stood from station Lakeside to Bugis and when people stood up and alight, another soul would just rush to the place.. and my hubby told me "you go try be like them, rush to seat ." i gave him a -.- face..

There is 1 incident when an old lady wanna give up her seat to me (not priority seat) but I find it a bit contradicting.. If I sit down, I feel guilty cuz I've always give up seat to people who needs it.. So I rejected her.. People around me just see see then go back to sleep! HAHA!

I seriously dont't understand those office people.. you go office can sit all you can , why can't you stand for a moment? and they are still young somemore :\

Don't worry. Those people who always pretend to sleep, act blur or whatever right and don't offer their seats to us. NVM. Next time when they are or their wife is pregnant, people will do the same to them. Then they will know how the feeling is like. This is what i believe.

Triquetra

dont't worry. Those people who always pretend to sleep, act blur or whatever right and dont't offer their seats to us. NVM. Next time when they are or their wife is pregnant, people will do the same to them. Then they will know how the feeling is like. This is what i believe.
Yahhh I believe in karma!
I try to avoid public transports during peak hours cos no one will give up seat, some people even rocket to an empty despite seeing that you're already walking towards it -_-''
That time when my friend was almost giving birth, we stood infront of 4 office ladies who just chat among themselves and ignored my friend -_-''
I was also preggie at that time but my tummy wasn't obvious but for my friend, her tummy was SUPER HUGE!

-jOanna

Yahhh I believe in karma!
I try to avoid public transports during peak hours cos no one will give up seat, some people even rocket to an empty despite seeing that you're already walking towards it -_-''
That time when my friend was almost giving birth, we stood infront of 4 office ladies who just chat among themselves and ignored my friend -_-''
I was also preggie at that time but my tummy wasn't obvious but for my friend, her tummy was SUPER HUGE!
aiyo.. those ppl really.. hais..