Horrible Countenance in MRT

bellerichez

Yahhh I believe in karma!
I try to avoid public transports during peak hours cos no one will give up seat, some people even rocket to an empty despite seeing that you're already walking towards it -_-''
That time when my friend was almost giving birth, we stood infront of 4 office ladies who just chat among themselves and ignored my friend -_-''
I was also preggie at that time but my tummy wasn't obvious but for my friend, her tummy was SUPER HUGE!
In this kind of situation, normally i will tell them (say in a loud tone) that my preggy friend need the seat. I won't care whateva remarks they are going to give. If u ask liao they don't give they will feel more paiseh right. Hate this kind of people. Next time they pregnant they will also kena the same thing. Simply cannot understand why.

pinkwipes

In this kind of situation, normally i will tell them (say in a loud tone) that my preggy friend need the seat. I won't care whateva remarks they are going to give. If you ask they dont't give they will feel more paiseh right. Hate this kind of people. Next time they pregnant they will also kena the same thing. Simply cannot understand why.
Sometimes people who are insensitive will think that they pay for their fares too, so they should get the same entitlement. So meaning no priorities for anyone.

Really, there's nothing much we can do. As a preggie at 32 weeks, I give up looking for seats. Unless they are just beside me. I'd rather choose to stand at e glass plane so that I have a support.

If they truthfully wanna give up their seats for someone who's preggie/elderly, they would have done so without being asked. And I wouldn't wanna go thru nonsense just to get a seat.

Triquetra

Sometimes people who are insensitive will think that they pay for their fares too, so they should get the same entitlement. So meaning no priorities for anyone.

Really, there's nothing much we can do. As a preggie at 32 weeks, I give up looking for seats. Unless they are just beside me. I'd rather choose to stand at e glass plane so that I have a support.

If they truthfully wanna give up their seats for someone who's preggie/elderly, they would have done so without being asked. And I wouldn't wanna go thru nonsense just to get a seat.
Even when I wasn't pregnant, I couldn't help but look at those inconsiderate and selfish people with disgust when some elderly or pregnant woman stands beside me and no one is giving up his/her seat -_-''
It's especially sad to see one old lady giving up seat to another old lady.

-jOanna

I remembered 1 incident I gave up a seat and asked an old man from very far from me to come over to sit.. and whoever wanted to take the seat I said "it's for the old man" haha (was very young that time)

bellerichez

Even when I wasn't pregnant, I couldn't help but look at those inconsiderate and selfish people with disgust when some elderly or pregnant woman stands beside me and no one is giving up his/her seat -_-''

I've seen this situation before. Worst thing is that people just sit and watch. Don't even bother to give up their seat.

bellerichez

I remembered 1 incident I gave up a seat and asked an old man from very far from me to come over to sit.. and whoever wanted to take the seat I said "it's for the old man" haha (was very young that time)

Very funny sometimes. Those seated at the piority seats are not those who need it. It's just that they wanna sleep cos got the panel to support them. These people are those who refuse to give up their seats to elderly or preggy. But somehow some who are seated at those normal seats will give up their seats to eldery or preggy. I have people from those normal seats giving up their seat for me & yet those people at the priority seats can just sit there and see only. Disappointed.

pinkwipes

Ya, I totally agree.
They can totally turn a blind eye, totally not compassionate about the surrounding at all.
I guess it's really the upbringing and the values that people uphold. :)

pinkwipes

Very funny sometimes. Those seated at the piority seats are not those who need it. It's just that they wanna sleep cos got the panel to support them. These people are those who refuse to give up their seats to elderly or preggy. But somehow some who are seated at those normal seats will give up their seats to eldery or preggy. I have people from those normal seats giving up their seat for me & yet those people at the priority seats can just sit there and see only. Disappointed.
Yups, there's a few times I notice young working male adults, wearing shirts and ties, with briefcases sitting at the priority seats and yet they look one eye at me and turn back. Not even hesitating to give up their seats.
It's shameful.

Triquetra

Say... will you ask your primary school kid to give up his/her seat to someone who needs it more? I understand parents' concerns for their own children but i think sharing and such values should be cultivated since young >.<"

pinkwipes

Say... will you ask your primary school kid to give up his/her seat to someone who needs it more? I understand parents' concerns for their own children but i think sharing and such values should be cultivated since young >.<"
I believe no kids are involved in this picture.
Even if there are, and if no one in the row is moving to give up seats.
I believe mums would use that as a chance to show the kids the right way to be.

Well, sometimes it's just irking to see people look at you and turn back.
Feigning ignorant.

Triquetra

I believe no kids are involved in this picture.
Even if there are, and if no one in the row is moving to give up seats.
I believe mums would use that as a chance to show the kids the right way to be.

Well, sometimes it's just irking to see people look at you and turn back.
Feigning ignorant.
I have seen mothers disapproving their own kids (those can run, walk, hop etc) of giving up the seat to elderly etc.
Just curious how do people feel about this.

SunShine07

i wonder if it only happen in singapore??? it also happen to me when i was preggy....then worst is, there was one time when i board a bus with my son(i carry him) when my son is abt 6 mth old....no one give up the seat for me, and i was like one hand holding the handrail and the other hand carry my son throughout he whole journey. My hand almost break! i was standing in front of the 2 china woman...just give me the look....and the rest too, just look at how cute is my son! grrrrr!!! from then onwards, i dun dare to take bus when bring my ds out....

so angry!

pinkwipes

I have seen mothers disapproving their own kids (those can run, walk, hop etc) of giving up the seat to elderly etc.
Just curious how do people feel about this.
There's definitely all kinds of people out there.
Not all will give up their seats.
Just my thought.

-jOanna

i wonder if it only happen in singapore??? it also happen to me when i was preggy....then worst is, there was one time when i board a bus with my son(i carry him) when my son is about 6 month old....no one give up the seat for me, and i was like one hand holding the handrail and the other hand carry my son throughout he whole journey. My hand almost break! i was standing in front of the 2 china woman...just give me the look....and the rest too, just look at how cute is my son! grrrrr!!! from then onwards, i dont dare to take bus when bring my dear son out....

so angry!
I've got a feeling the society trying to make preggies not take public transport like MRT and Buses.. :\ so they got more seats?

I think Govt or the media should do a survey sia... =\

SunShine07

actually when i preggy also seldom take public transport, cos i know they won't give up seat for me...all pretend to sleep....especially those anuties!!!

Most ppl who give up seat are guys, those like 30 plus years old...maybe their wife also got preggy b4 bah :)

ayniqif

i agree that we can't ask people for the seats (be it normal seats or priority seats)...
i have encountered old uncles offering their seats to me... (of course, I am shy to acceptlah)...

perhaps all pregnant ladies out there can write to SMRT to request that SMRT issue
some kind of special passes to allow them to sit on the priority seats... and we must insert the special pass in to the slots built in those priority seats... how to issue these special passes? pregnant ladies must present their gynae appointment cards, then SMRT will issue these special passes....

this is just a suggestion.....

bellerichez

Yups, there's a few times I notice young working male adults, wearing shirts and ties, with briefcases sitting at the priority seats and yet they look one eye at me and turn back. Not even hesitating to give up their seats.
It's shameful.

Yeah this happened to me just now. Even worst 2 guys in their mid twenty's were sitting at the priority seat when i step into the train and they can just simply stare at my tummy and continue chatting. OMG. Feel like punching them right in their face but luckily one uncle who want to alight at the next stop quickly give up his seat to me.

bellerichez

i agree that we can't ask people for the seats (be it normal seats or priority seats)...
i have encountered old uncles offering their seats to me... (of course, I am shy to acceptlah)...

perhaps all pregnant ladies out there can write to SMRT to request that SMRT issue
some kind of special passes to allow them to sit on the priority seats... and we must insert the special pass in to the slots built in those priority seats... how to issue these special passes? pregnant ladies must present their gynae appointment cards, then SMRT will issue these special passes....

this is just a suggestion.....

I ever tot of this too lehz. But i dont think SMRT will wanna invest on this.

bellerichez

actually when i preggy also seldom take public transport, cos i know they won't give up seat for me...all pretend to sleep....especially those anuties!!!

Most ppl who give up seat are guys, those like 30 plus years old...maybe their wife also got preggy before bah :)

Nowadays aunties also got no chance to sit wor. Every time i see de is Youngsters or mid twenty's people. *disappointed* Once i saw one auntie almost fall down when the train jerk, but still nobody offer their seat. Everyone just seat and watch only. They think they are watching a movie.