How accurate is the due date?

lonerjas

i hope Edd faster come... i m so tired le... i hate the heartburn feelin... cannot breathe so irritating...

alexia

For 1st timer, will it normally be earlier then excepted? On the dot? Or later?

Due date is very very close to CNY, dont know will due before or after...
I asked my frds the same qn too cos it is my first time and the EDD falls near CNY...apparently my frds given me the same reply "on the dot or delay"....hope this helps...:001_302:

For my case, my mestration is very accurate wan. And I remember the exact date of my last mestration too. It is EDD on 8 Aug.... but till 18 Aug still no signs. As my husband need to return to US and baby is too big (4.525kg) for normal delivery. So in the end, c-section on 18 aug.

NiSaBeLLe

im 40wks++ nw n overdue...i barely experience any contractions...i tink my boy doesnt wanna come out lah...i dun wanna b induce... :(

CanCanMum

i've heard of some pple overdue for two weeks even....induce birth is longer and painful...but its fine as long as u opt for epidural.

perrier

i hope mine will be right on the dot of my EDD.. cos' husband is away and can only be back for 2 weeks during that period.. too early or too late would means i would have to go delivery alone.. :(

hearty

actually, wow, you overdue baby = week 42?
some pple also says depend on mothers.
If you are delivered ealry, your BB will be early too.
But looking at your case, not true hor.

heard most 1st birth usu early also, not sure if it it true... :tlaugh:

I heard it will be similar to what your mom experienced with her first...dunno how true

OliveK

I'm having cold feet after reading the earlier posts that the 2nd babies can come out within 20-30 min after reaching hospital. This means no time for epidural! I'm now expecting my 2nd bb and close to 37 weeks. So a little pain muz rush to the hospital liao. I can't imagine delivery without epidural. But on the other hand, i'm also afraid that it's 'false alarm' and gotta go home after being checked .......... xian.

ochklk

My Gynae will be going for a Talk overseas from 10 to 17 Feb, my EDD is on 27 Feb 2009, afraid my BB will come out on the date she is on leave. Now I having some pain 'down there' leh.. I wonder how will you know your BB is coming out soon? Do everyone water bag burst or having contraction?

Catty

My Gynae will be going for a Talk overseas from 10 to 17 Feb, my EDD is on 27 Feb 2009, afraid my BB will come out on the date she is on leave. Now I having some pain 'down there' leh.. I wonder how will you know your BB is coming out soon? Do everyone water bag burst or having contraction?
Not every mummy will experience water bag burst and due date is not that accurate too as it also depend on your baby wanna come out early or late, what you can do is time your contraction.

Contraction is sort of like menses cramp feeling if you have this kind of menses cramp feeling on and off, that might be the contraction.

ochklk

On and off is how often? Rate 1 to 10 - how pain is the contraction? I'm quite a pain tolerate person, I saw some forum, some mummy got no contraction but BB is going to come out.

ling76

Some pain down there as in pelvic aches ? I'm getting that now and it can be quite painful when you sit & stand-up again or even when lying down and changing sleep position. Im at my 37th week, also a first time MTB & checked with my gynae last week was the aches are due to the ligaments which are in preparation for delivery of the baby. Baby head is more or less headed down south now so pressure is there..

CanCanMum

Some pain down there as in pelvic aches ? I'm getting that now and it can be quite painful when you sit & stand-up again or even when lying down and changing sleep position. Im at my 37th week, also a first time MTB & checked with my gynae last week was the aches are due to the ligaments which are in preparation for delivery of the baby. Baby head is more or less headed down south now so pressure is there..
yes u r right, baby. Sit down stand up shift weight all painful.

Catty

Then how do you rate for the pain 'down there' compare to contraction?
Hmm?? Rate 'down there' compare to contraction??? :err:

From my point of view contraction is the most pain than everything (exclude C-Section).. :embarrassed:

ochklk

Today is my 39th week, my little AXL still dun want to come out, wahaha... My Gynae say he good eat good sleep leh, my hubby, my mil and of cos myself eagerly waiting for him to come out. Hee...

My Gynae wanted me to have as natural birth as possible, as my Fluid all ok, my weight gaining ok, my blood pressure ok and most of all my little AXL's weight is also gaining constantly, now approx 3.2kg, does anyone do not have contraction or waterbag burst even it reach 40 wks, 27 Feb is my 40th wks, I'm worried that I need to C-section.

Catty

Today is my 39th week, my little AXL still dun want to come out, wahaha... My Gynae say he good eat good sleep leh, my hubby, my mil and of cos myself eagerly waiting for him to come out. Hee...

My Gynae wanted me to have as natural birth as possible, as my Fluid all ok, my weight gaining ok, my blood pressure ok and most of all my little AXL's weight is also gaining constantly, now approx 3.2kg, does anyone do not have contraction or waterbag burst even it reach 40 wks, 27 Feb is my 40th wks, I'm worried that I need to C-section.
Erm.. If i'm not wrong even if you reach your 40th wks doesn't mean you got to C-Section, there's another method is call "induce" which is also consider a natural birth..

Anyway just try to relax, who knows your AXL's will be coming out soon this few days.. :001_302:

Just get everything prepared, like your hospital bags, cut your fingernails and etc..

Wish you all the best.. :wink: