How KiaSu or KiaSee are you as a parent?

Ting

i not those super kiasu mum la...but i hv a water filter at home oso at the tap..so bb drinking water is filtered. hehe.

Pink daisy

I think I'm worst off. At Singapore where tap water is consumable hence I'll let my boy drink boiled water instead. If letting him have the cleanest water in the world, perhaps he'll likely to fall ill easily whenever he drinks at other places.

The moment a child starts to put things into his mouth, all we can do is to be more careful not to let him get in contact with what we deemed as dangerous items. Anyway this is a way for them to test their immune system & to learn things too.

Just my 2cents thought!
Same goes for me :Dancing_tongue:

justmint

seems more are Kiasee than kiasu here...
any kiasu ones?

my bb use boiled water for feeding. Normal tap water for bathing.

Has no intention to feed him organic food only. As long as the food is clean I think it's fine to give him. but maybe will change the chopping board more often instead...Or have one just for his food.

when we feel that hes sick, my first time we bring him to was the GP, but it didnt cure him..so we went to the PD. bb recovers very fast. So from then on we decided to just bring him to the PD instead. BUt not always little thing we'll bring him there. We'll monitor him first.

Every now & then I'll check on his mood, behavior, skin to make sure hes fine.

btw, how often do you change your milk bottles?
cos I have some milk bottles that were given by friends as gift during our baby shower...but there's no brand in it...we sterilise it after every feeding..so I wonder how long can their material last...thought of discarding them already...or it can still last longer?

Ting

huh, i think like tt means i very bo chap liao. LOLS. im not kiasu nor kiasee leh. lols. everything just anyhow only. LOLS.
n im not particular abt what she eats leh, i give whatever i eat. but in very tiny portions. like if i eating fries or ice cream i'll give her a few tiny mouths. if not she will just keep gg "mum mum mum mum mum mum" non stop. LOLS.

Last edited:

Mrs Xie

This is my personal opinions:

-Parents are KiaSee for the wellness sake of their kids (I'm one of them)

-Parents are KiaSu cos they want "face" and not to lose out to other parents (I'm out) :tlaugh:

Last edited:

Angelmum

I read that some mum only use distilled water for their babies.
very kiasi + waste $$

I read that some mum dun even dare to bring babies out cos too much virus in the air.
never heard or see my friends/relatives doing this. Only learnt some mummies adhere to this 'rule' after join motherhood forum. :err:. Like big news to me cos I bring kids out once I finished confinement.

I read that some mum dressed up their babies too much during the cold weather until the poor child kena fever instead (over heated).
my mum kept stressing infant no feeling of hot/cold so must wear long sleeves n pants even during warm days, especially while I having confinement. Seeing my poor child sweating still insist she's not hot. :nah:

My kiasi ....
will make sure all wash hands after outing and change to home clothes. the chair or places we sat outside full of germs. U know, some inconsiderate ppl just sneezed or even 'clean off' their mucus there. yucks!

After guests left my hse, will mop and clean the sofa etc. My girl got habit of mouthing so worry the germs/virus brought in by others will be harmful. Some others argued no need worry cos dirty eat, dirty grow up will build up their immune/resistance.

Last edited:

MummyGrace

As for me, i also let my son drink diamond water. Will tends the boil the diamond water for his milk esp if he is under 1. Sometime will use diamond water for him to bathe. :001_302: kiasu sia..

For me, i let my bb drink boil water and let her crawl/explore freely bt will clean the floor 1st b4 this, of cos i cant prevent the'r absolute no hair on the floor so wen i put her to sleep i will clean her up again, juz in case... ...

I will dress her more only when the weather is too cooling for her as let her wear t-shirt with sleeves better than wear sleeveless mah... ...i will give her a long sleeves when we go shopping esp in air-con area.

When she is juz newborn, my mil insist i shld nt wrap her up wif towel, but i hack care as i believe that new born need more security n by wrapping n toking to her helps, after the 1st mth i slowly let her move more freely.

I am also a Padang mummy, wen my gal is drinking/eating well, i wont praise infront of her. when she do as i say, i will praise her... ...:)

Last edited:
I dun really care so much. Just follow what my mum use to birng use up. Sterlise the bottle by boiling water every morning only. Then use a pot and put in the hot water, and put the bottle in after washing after every feed. Only one bottle for milk and one bottle for water. I dun wan to be so clean till next time abit dirty then he will "lau sai". hahaa

Yuki Miaka

I think I'm worst off. At Singapore where tap water is consumable hence I'll let my boy drink boiled water instead. If letting him have the cleanest water in the world, perhaps he'll likely to fall ill easily whenever he drinks at other places.

The moment a child starts to put things into his mouth, all we can do is to be more careful not to let him get in contact with what we deemed as dangerous items. Anyway this is a way for them to test their immune system & to learn things too.

Just my 2cents thought!

i am totally agree with you... if a person is too used to a very clean environment, the immune system is actually weaker...because too clean, the body is not immune to certain bacteria in water.

Kids that are grown in a less hygienic environment like those ulu kampong area, do not fall sick easily... and they are more resistant to food poisoning...

CanCanMum

kiasee - take up all vaccinations available, including optional ones. Basic hygiene must be met, other than that no need to be very clean.

kiasu - errmm...not at the moment...(will be so stressed!) maybe when he is primary 1 then will be kiasu abt his studies...haha, now let him play play 1st later on he will have a long way ahead of him...

autumn82

Erm.. I only got 1 milk bottle for both milk & water. Just used sterilising tablets. Of coz used boiled water for milk.. Haha.

Jabs still taking now... Will take the necessary ones. Optional depends la. Hee. But took the rotavirus one.

Not very kiasee.. But alittle kiasu I tink. Jus bought the Your baby can read DVD.. Dunno works or not though. Haha.

Amulet

for me, normally i not too kiasee.. coz i believing in letting her immune system do the job.. thus, i don sterilise her milk bottle n stuffs regularly, wash clothes seperately.. juz keep everything overall, clean..

but if she is sick, i will also jump from PD to PD if she nvr recover within 3 days..

i think im more of a kiasu mum.. kiasu to teach her her language, moral, manners, social skill.. hahaha..

Amulet

i am totally agree with you... if a person is too used to a very clean environment, the immune system is actually weaker...because too clean, the body is not immune to certain bacteria in water.

Kids that are grown in a less hygienic environment like those ulu kampong area, do not fall sick easily... and they are more resistant to food poisoning...
totally agree!

autumn82

for me, normally i not too kiasee.. coz i believing in letting her immune system do the job.. thus, i don sterilise her milk bottle n stuffs regularly, wash clothes seperately.. juz keep everything overall, clean..

but if she is sick, i will also jump from PD to PD if she nvr recover within 3 days..

i think im more of a kiasu mum.. kiasu to teach her her language, moral, manners, social skill.. hahaha..
Haha. Sama Sama... :p

Too clean, wait go out, fall sick easily!

babymoon

huh, i think like tt means i very bo chap liao. LOLS. im not kiasu nor kiasee leh. lols. everything just anyhow only. LOLS.
n im not particular abt what she eats leh, i give whatever i eat. but in very tiny portions. like if i eating fries or ice cream i'll give her a few tiny mouths. if not she will just keep gg "mum mum mum mum mum mum" non stop. LOLS.
hey ting, give five! me also super bo chap mommy,, my babymoon only 2 yrs old but already taste kentucky, McD, chicken rice, mixed rice, noodles, snacks, ice cream and many more.. what we eat we give her to taste.. is a fun to taste different food and i'm not those strict mommy.. =)

Amulet

hey ting, give five! me also super bo chap mommy,, my babymoon only 2 yrs old but already taste kentucky, McD, chicken rice, mixed rice, noodles, snacks, ice cream and many more.. what we eat we give her to taste.. is a fun to taste different food and i'm not those strict mommy.. =)
hahaa.. i do tat too.. ice cream la, kuey diao la, bee hoon la, soft drink la.. here try try abit, there try try abit..

autumn82

I used to let my DD take alittle bit of wat we r taking, then after, she got hooked to it until now, gotta control. Haha.

I feel can take alittle bit but not much la, coz no hurry mah. Next time when they grow up, they can eat all they want, I also can't control oredi. :p