How much it cost to change a surname ?

Daddy D

Alpha Male
oh by the way after adoption the actual father will have no responsibilities for the kid anymore... meaning no more maintenace fees etc he needs to bear cos its not his son anymore...

so if ur fren is single now and getting money from tat man... den better dun go thru this yet till she decided to settle down again...
just my opinion... =)
Oh ya... was thinking abt the maintenance fees thingy also.... my fren still settling the divorce case... says the ex-hb wants to pay $1 only (can meh?)... sibei messy... still fighting... still haven't got custody... think no time to think abt surname also...

Queenbabe

$1 ? might as well dun take , What the F**k .... u tell ur fren give that idiot $1.20 lah .............. stupid idiot ..

wenz

Oh ya... was thinking abt the maintenance fees thingy also.... my fren still settling the divorce case... says the ex-hb wants to pay $1 only (can meh?)... sibei messy... still fighting... still haven't got custody... think no time to think abt surname also...
how much to pay will eventually be decided by the judge based on the husband ability and financial status.. your fren can fight for more...

but just my opinion for ur ref, i did not ask for a single cents from tat man... reason is becos i dun wan this to be the future barrier if he decided to come back and fight for my son.. meaning i dun wan him to suddenly come back and say 'i paid for the maintenace and been suppoting our kid so i got every rite to want him back or stop u from doing anything for the kids" etc etc...

he dun wanna pay better! and this will be the best backup for me if he suddenly comes back and fight with me for the kid... anyway i'm the one and only person supporting and raising the kid so he wun be able to win easily...

its not easy raising the kid alone i would say but i'm glad i made this decision cos this makes my future route easier and my current marriage and adoption easier...

To me, Most important is the kid custody not the money...
=)

Daddy D

Alpha Male
$1 ? might as well dun take , What the F**k .... u tell ur fren give that idiot $1.20 lah .............. stupid idiot ..
yalor... a bit screwed up... kid only 2 yrs old... n the ex-hb is rich... some regional manager... not say no $$...
U never take maintenance $$ from your ex-hb? Can dun give one ah?

wenz

Babe, this shows tat that man dun really 'zai hu' of his kid at all!!

gimme $1 a month and i'll save all the $1 coins for 20years and throw it at his face in one shot! haha~

wenz

yalor... a bit screwed up... kid only 2 yrs old... n the ex-hb is rich... some regional manager... not say no $$...
Can.. just tell ur lawyer u dun wan money from him...

Queenbabe

Babe, this shows tat that man dun really 'zai hu' of his kid at all!!

gimme $1 a month and i'll save all the $1 coins for 20years and throw it at his face in one shot! haha~
Wenz dearie , some guys r reli idiot .......... i aso think the same as u i rather sever ties wif my ex dun wan his $ becoz dun wan him to have excuse to come bk for my dd in future .. wah u still so good to save all the $1 for 20yrs if me i go buy those joss paper $ and return him back :tlaugh:

Queenbabe

Daddy D , wah that idiot so rich still dare to say pay $1 .. u tell him wan to help him advertise on newspaper and let everyone know this guy 1 2 pay $1 for maintenance fees to the child hahahahahhaa free advertising ..............

wenz

Wenz dearie , some guys r reli idiot .......... i aso think the same as u i rather sever ties wif my ex dun wan his $ becoz dun wan him to have excuse to come bk for my dd in future .. wah u still so good to save all the $1 for 20yrs if me i go buy those joss paper $ and return him back :tlaugh:
haha... babe u very fierce leh... :tlaugh:

yellowpudding

Sorry to ask again... on fren's behalf....

So after divorce... if the mother got the child custody... she can also change to her own surname? As in, single parent. What's the procedure? Adoption? No right? Since it's maternal mother... rather than step-father.

Rightfully, once mother has custody, ex-hb (father) future consent shld be irrelevant right?
the birth certificate bears his name hence he still has the right despite going to divorce. the only way to change it is the same method as mentioned. :)

yellowpudding

depending on the judge but best is like what wenz mentioned, to prevent him saying I support this child via paying maintenance fees and all hence wants to fight for custody. best not to take.

$1? tell him if our appreciation is 10% every year, his $1 today will be $0.909 tomorrow. what a cheapskate! :nah:

yellowpudding

For maintenance, if your friend doesn't want it. Just let her make it known to her lawyer so that everything can be jot down in black and white will do. :)

Regional Manager pays $1 as maintenance fee (imagine that on our gossip NEWPAPER). I think the story will be interesting... :tlaugh::tlaugh:

Wah, didn't noe its so troublesome... i tot wanna do it as well...

i think that stupid idiot will never wanna do it, since he is payin maintenance every mth...

wenz

ya its kind of trublesome and many procedure to go thru as well...
like interviewing etc etc...

but if tats the best for ur kid then its worthwhile...

i guess the most difficult part of it is to get that man to sign tat paper to give up the kid lo... otherwise everything can be smooth running....

lucky i got no prob with it...afterall he left when my son is only 3months old and we haven been in contact for like 7 yrs? so i guess he dun have much feeling for his son too...