'I'll die of pain without an epidural'

XenXuan

Haha I think it's bcuz he saw how pain my face started to showed when the epidural turn off.. He care about the baby more,after the baby out,he kept taking pix n calling our families n friends instead of concern how am I feeling haha.. Maybe too excited haha..

makarios

Haha I think it's bcuz he saw how pain my face started to showed when the epidural turn off.. He care about the baby more,after the baby out,he kept taking pix n calling our families n friends instead of concern how am I feeling haha.. Maybe too excited haha..
Probably he is overwhelmed by the new bundle of joy! But the 1st baby is always so exciting...

XenXuan

Ya,I was juz relaxed n happy the pain is over while getting excited n anxious trying to see my baby over my legs.. When I have my precious baby boy in my arms for the 1st time after 10 full months inside me,his fingers trying to squeeze my finger,I felt so strongly it's all worth it..

maneo0302

Ya,I was juz relaxed n happy the pain is over while getting excited n anxious trying to see my baby over my legs.. When I have my precious baby boy in my arms for the 1st time after 10 full months inside me,his fingers trying to squeeze my finger,I felt so strongly it's all worth it..
I opting for C-sect GA, so will be sleeping all the way. I don't wanna feel the pain. :)

XenXuan

I opting for C-sect GA, so will be sleeping all the way. I don't wanna feel the pain. :)
Haha I wanted to opt for c-sect too,but dun have the guts to tolerate the c-sect wound site stitches pain for 1whole month aft birth.. Normal delivery only need to tolerate 2weeks or lesser of the stitches pain after tat 1day of contractions n pushing drama haha..This time if I can't tolerate from the very start again,I will request for epidural straight instead of whatever laughing gas or thigh injection pain reliever haha..

maneo0302

Haha I wanted to opt for c-sect too,but dont have the guts to tolerate the c-sect wound site stitches pain for 1whole month after birth.. Normal delivery only need to tolerate 2weeks or lesser of the stitches pain after that 1day of contractions n pushing drama haha..This time if I can't tolerate from the very start again,I will request for epidural straight instead of whatever laughing gas or thigh injection pain reliever haha..
I will rather suffer the pain for one month than to suffer for that day. Haha!

XenXuan

Haahaa we r opposite then.. I count the total days i've to suffer in pain,tats y I choose natural haha..

XenXuan

wah i cant imagine all that c-section going while i'm awake.. OMG >.< I'm still praying hard till this baby's born that i wont need c-section.. i cant handle that thought of a knife cutting down on me.. OMG :wong29:

maneo0302

wah i cant imagine all that c-section going while i'm awake.. OMG >.< I'm still praying hard till this baby's born that i wont need c-section.. i cant handle that thought of a knife cutting down on me.. OMG :wong29:
aiyo. don't say till so scary. I'm going for C-sect end of May.

pipilili

Antenatal class taught us to go for pain free labour, esp when we cannot take it.

I am first time mum and decided not to be 'hero' in this process....I will take epidural.

XenXuan

pain-free labour oso not that pain-free.. still will have some drama n agony before & after the epidural is taking effect.. haha

Carlisle

I had an epidural when I gave birth to my son and my gosh, it hurt a lot! especially when they forced me to bend forward with my really huge tummy and they poked me with a big needle three times at the back...whew... oh well, it was worth it.

pipilili

Carlisle - which hospital did you do it? How come it's very painful. From my knowledge, they will wipe the area and inject a numbing lotion into that area before they use the real epi to poke you. Shouldn't feel very painful at all.

I did my 1st epid in Yr 2004 in Gleneagles and it wasn't painful. It's not for delivery, it's for taking out kidney stones.

XenXuan

Carlisle - which hospital did you do it? How come it's very painful. From my knowledge, they will wipe the area and inject a numbing lotion into that area before they use the real epi to poke you. Shouldn't feel very painful at all.

I did my 1st epid in Yr 2004 in Gleneagles and it wasn't painful. It's not for delivery, it's for taking out kidney stones.
It will only sting like the needle poke u.. shouldnt feel any other pain,if yes means they inject wrong place or bcuz u r not keeping still enough.. its hard at times when we r having contraction pain n bend our tummy n keep v still for the epidural to be injected in.. i was told to keep v still,bend as much as i could n hugging my tummy when no contractions going on,they insert the epi..had to pause a few times as i was having contractions n couldn't hold still due to pain..

XenXuan

I just wanna say " I've SURVIVED my 2nd child labor without epidural,just laughing gas!" yes I was in so much contraction pain that I almost kicked myself down the bed but it wasn't as difficult as rumors said to be.. I wanted epidural badly due to the pain but they told me I was dilating too fast,I was going to give birth v soon already,no need epidural.. Never tot I could do it without epidural as I have v low pain threshold.. Jia you all..

chapter1

There's a clue whether you know you'll need epidural or not.
When the gynae is feeling the baby's head during the monthly pregnancy checks, if you feel pain which is unbearable when the gynae does the check, then epidural is a definite yes. If you can bear the pain, then it's 50-50.

Epidural side effects - some tend to throw up after giving birth, one of the side effects. Your lower body will feel numb and it may be a little difficult to push when it's time, as you can't feel the movement.

Also, if the baby starts pressing against the pelvic area and the mummy can't stand the contractions...it's another thing to consider for epidural....anyway epidural is not cheap as well :|