Is c-section an option in singapore?

blessings

Hi, i would like to know for those who have experience giving birth thru c-secrion before, is this an option in singapore?
can we tell the gynae upfront that we want to opt for c-section instead of natural birth whatever the reason is?
i'm so confused whether to choose natural or c-sect.
is it true what pple say abt c-sect can damage ur vagina and affect ur sex life?
anyone can share the experience?

Ting

uh, i think u can choose whichever u want though i think the gynae might encourage natural labour.
may i ask why u wanna opt for c section?
IMO, i think if able to, natural is better? since no operation required.
regarding whether C section will damage vagina n affect sex life, not very sure but so far nvr hear any mummies mention abt it.
:)

blessings

i know natural is better if possible but i heard pple say natural birth will stretch the vagina and will make it 'loose' and it will make ML not so enjoyable for the couple, so i'm a bit concerned lohh....any idea if this is true?

Ting

definately not true.
alot of mummies became tighter.
for me,even after 2.5 yrs, also felt tighter than my first time!
in fact, ML now more enjoyable than last time, of cos, also depend on the partner la.
cos i break off with my ex lu, now with current bf, its diff. :)
LOL.

blessings

how can it be tighter after giving birth? baby is so big, will definetely stretch the vagina mahh..u mean after u gave birth 2.5yrs ago, it became tighter now? how does it work?

renieee

I have a emergency c section done for my first baby.. No choice becos my cervix ain't dilating well.. So for my current pregnancy, i will be going for c section as well.. Not of my own choice but an advice from my gynae.. You can opt for c section.. Just let your gynae knows.. But most of them will encourage you to go for natural birth.. You will recover much faster for natural birth than c section.. But as for damaging your vagina and affecting you sex life, should be just a rumour.. Keke!!

CanCanMum

have you watched the procedure before? I mean as in the actual csection procedure?

i have seen it online before, the procedure is short and sweet, and the cut area is actually only long enough for hands to carry babys head out. If i m not wrong the incision is about 10cm long ?

perhaps you can watch the childbirth videos online.

I have seen before both methods and i chose natural becoz of cost issue and also i wanted to experience childbirth and remember it all my life.

if you asked me if it will damage vagina its a no coz the cut is at lower abs. Even natural birth also need stitches at vagina area.

regarding if its a choice or not, its definitely your choice. There are many reasons why pple choose csection instead of natural birth. (Not talking about emergency ones)

and i have so many friends who delivered their happy babies via c-section, so its definitely safe and wonx affect sex life. (In fact some men prefer their wives to go for c-sect coz vagina birth will make the canal bigger and more "loose" :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p so sex is less enjoyable)

Last edited:

CanCanMum

how can it be tighter after giving birth? baby is so big, will definetely stretch the vagina mahh..you mean after you gave birth 2.5yrs ago, it became tighter now? how does it work?
i think mebbe it works for younger mummies?

but mine is definitely more "loose" lols~~~hubby also complained sometimes.....but its easier to start the S rolling then before lols~~~

Last edited:

pigletif

you can opt for c-section. no problem on that. But the healing will be slower.
if go by natural birth, gynae will stitch the vagina mouth... so you can ask gynae to stitch tighter .. than will be like a virgin again..

CanCanMum

if go by natural birth, gynae will stitch the vagina mouth... so you can ask gynae to stitch tighter .. than will be like a virgin again..
:tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

pigletif

i once met a "hum sup" uncle, acutally he's a fren la. He told us that he watch the whole process of how his son come out.. and when the son is out, he even told the gynae to stitch more..hahaa.. And his son now is already like 18 yrs old? so 18 yrs ago already can ask gynae to stitch tighten ...

blessings

hahaha, if only the gynae can stitch it to make it look like a virgin again, then i wont mind...
u are currently 31wks pregnant, r u choosing natural or c-sect?
my main concern is abt the stretching of the vagina after natural birth, i cant imagine what sex will be like...i know c-sect the healing process will be longer and more painful...tat's y i wana gather as much info as possible in order to decide..thanks for all the info :)

Ting

how can it be tighter after giving birth? baby is so big, will definetely stretch the vagina mahh..you mean after you gave birth 2.5yrs ago, it became tighter now? how does it work?
nono, i mean, even right now after 2.5 year still tight.
i dont know how to explain why become tighter even after it's stretched but it is.
after birth already tight, til now still the same. :)
i dont know how it works, but it just does.

Last edited:

Ting

but stitch tighter also only the entrance rite?

inside also loose :p

lols~~~are we outta topic???? :p

eh no leh, i think giving birth wont affect the vagina being loose or tight leh.
cos there was a thread in another forum on this, n most mummies also say become tighter rather.

Ting

i think "inside" the vagina r muscles, so muscles cant become loose ma?
only part tt becomes "bigger" is the vagina hole, no???

CanCanMum

it does becomes loose for me~~or at least tats wad hubby commented coz i wonx noe

for me my body has never been the same as pre-pregnancy and i have oredi accepted the fact

Hi, i would like to know for those who have experience giving birth thru c-secrion before, is this an option in singapore?
can we tell the gynae upfront that we want to opt for c-section instead of natural birth whatever the reason is?
i'm so confused whether to choose natural or c-sect.
is it true what pple say about c-sect can damage your vagina and affect your sex life?
anyone can share the experience?
I had an emergency c-section after 12 hours of labour. I wanted a natural birth without epidural but after 5 hours of contractions and dilating at 3cm only, it was unbearable and finally gave in to epi. Although I started to dilate faster after the epi (I guess it helped to relax my body), my baby was already in distressed when I was 8cm dilated. No choice, had to do an emergency c-section. It was over within 15mins. If you want fast and painless, c-section is the way to go. Of course, if I had a choice, I would go for natural birth without epi,...to experience childbirth.

I'm expecting my 2nd and due to deliver. Just made a decision to do a c-section again as my pelvic canal is quite narrow and my 2nd baby is already slightly bigger than my 1st. Doc said if I want to try natural, I can but the chance of an emergency c-section is high. Depending on which hospital you are going to, an emergency c-section is usually more costly.

Oh...I also recovered very quickly after my c-section.